1 (edited by keem85 2018-01-31 23:43:54)

Topic: Airport not working after successfully created

Hi

I have tried to create custom routes for two airports.. ENTO and ENML.. But the aircrafts that spawns on my self-created airports, they're just standing there. No inbound and outbound traffic either.. What should I do to fix this?

Attached pictures

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Capture.JPG 124.97 kb, 107 downloads since 2018-01-31 

Attachment icon Capture2.JPG 136.3 kb, 118 downloads since 2018-01-31 

Re: Airport not working after successfully created

From your second screenshot it's clear you have no runway line. From the LINES tab Start Drawing a new line on the centre of the runway from one end to the other, make sure it's connected to the Hold Area nodes by clicking on each node, then Stop Drawing. Select all segments of your new runway line and under Lines Action click Mark Runway, then save.

pwalchester wrote:

From your second screenshot it's clear you have no runway line. From the LINES tab Start Drawing a new line on the centre of the runway from one end to the other, make sure it's connected to the Hold Area nodes by clicking on each node, then Stop Drawing. Select all segments of your new runway line and under Lines Action click Mark Runway, then save.

Hi!

Thanks, but when I click on the "runway" tab on the menu, the runway becomes visible. Is that something else?

Thanks for share with me this information. gmail login

keem85 wrote:
pwalchester wrote:

Hi!

Thanks, but when I click on the "runway" tab on the menu, the runway becomes visible. Is that something else?

Hi,
Yes, line on the 'RUNWAY' tab is picked up from apt.dat file, the runway needs to be entered on 'LINES' tab too.

Ahhhh that explains it smile Thanks!!

Hi again

I have seriously spent hours of hours trying to learn how to make airports. And just when I think I get the hang of it, new question mark appears. This time I cannot for the life of me understand what's wrong! I have put the taxi mark EXACT on the same spot as the Gate, and the question mark should disappear.. Can someone have a look? https://imgur.com/a/Mdo3c

Kim

From this it looks like you haven't defined any hold areas leading to the runway. The ramp start problem is hard to figure out without the actual .xlf file. My guess is that the ramp isn't properly defined.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

keem85 wrote:

Hi

I have tried to create custom routes for two airports.. ENTO and ENML.. But the aircrafts that spawns on my self-created airports, they're just standing there. No inbound and outbound traffic either.. What should I do to fix this?

Attached pictures

What I recommend for you is to delete your airport .xlf file in D:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\X-Life\Airports and begin again since you don't have a runway line. You MUST have a runway line in RUNWAY and LINES tabs.

Once you see them in both tabs you can begin your work with ATC taxiways. Remember, you MUST have a holding area line as the last line connecting to the runway. Also remember to name each taxiway properly since this is needed for ATC.

Happy drawing.

Juan

10 (edited by jurodj 2018-02-08 23:50:15)

Also use the few connecting points as you can. Aircrafts will turn perfectly fine if you don't draw the taxi curves that accurate!

JM