201

Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

DrGluck wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Hallo JAR at last the expected step forward. Thanks !!  I am going today to make a test flight.

Warning for JAR aircraft user: Do not instal the offered "Terrain Radar". It might be nice for other aircraft models, but it cause heavy errors to JAR models. Deleting this plugin from plugin folder is not the end of the story because more files (.init) are left in X-Plane folder. I was working hard to find out that this was the cause of A320 ILS to stop working from one day to another....

Note: this is a good example for user claiming about disfunction and bugs, where in fact the problems are external ones.

Could you please explain why you think the problem is in this plugin? I can not think of a single reason for this. The plugin does not change any dataref and does not interfere in the work of other plugins.
And why did no one write to me about this?

Indeed, I would love to hear what conclusion this is based on, becasue I have never had any problem with Terrain Radar plugin in any aircraft. And I have at least 90% of every aircraft for X-Plane.

202

Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

JAR wrote:

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1bckck0mj1qcgg3n1ge4vd26er3.png

HOW TO INSTALL:

Please not mix files with other version.
Download link: http://jardesign.org/a320/download/inst … 20XP11.zip
  - be sure, that you use X-Plane 11.00-11.01
  - ......

I get some trouble with A320jardesign.
I try a lot of situation but, nothing worked. Each time I launch X-plane with A320, it freeze.
Every other planes work good.
My question : when you say "Be sure that you use X-Plane 11.00-11.01, do you mean 11.00 and 11.01, and 11.02 and later one...... or "just 11.01"

I have X-Plane 11.05r2. Could it be the reason why nothing work at all?

best regards
Dominique

203

Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

domavion wrote:
JAR wrote:

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1bckck0mj1qcgg3n1ge4vd26er3.png

HOW TO INSTALL:

Please not mix files with other version.
Download link: http://jardesign.org/a320/download/inst … 20XP11.zip
  - be sure, that you use X-Plane 11.00-11.01
  - ......

I get some trouble with A320jardesign.
I try a lot of situation but, nothing worked. Each time I launch X-plane with A320, it freeze.
Every other planes work good.
My question : when you say "Be sure that you use X-Plane 11.00-11.01, do you mean 11.00 and 11.01, and 11.02 and later one...... or "just 11.01"

I have X-Plane 11.05r2. Could it be the reason why nothing work at all?

best regards
Dominique

Hi
Could you add the log.txt, please ?

jcdp

204

Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

MrGeeBee wrote:
DrGluck wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Hallo JAR at last the expected step forward. Thanks !!  I am going today to make a test flight.

Warning for JAR aircraft user: Do not instal the offered "Terrain Radar". It might be nice for other aircraft models, but it cause heavy errors to JAR models. Deleting this plugin from plugin folder is not the end of the story because more files (.init) are left in X-Plane folder. I was working hard to find out that this was the cause of A320 ILS to stop working from one day to another....

Note: this is a good example for user claiming about disfunction and bugs, where in fact the problems are external ones.

Could you please explain why you think the problem is in this plugin? I can not think of a single reason for this. The plugin does not change any dataref and does not interfere in the work of other plugins.
And why did no one write to me about this?

Indeed it has nothing to do with data ref, the CTD I experienced occurs as ILS on approach was activated. In fact it was a X-Plane crash. To my surprise after downloading  "Terrain Radar" for new (maybe a newer version) and installing the plugin I opened X-Plane with JAR A320 and X-Life and it from now on it works....   It works also well with the A330 on ND screen !

Indeed, I would love to hear what conclusion this is based on, becasue I have never had any problem with Terrain Radar plugin in any aircraft. And I have at least 90% of every aircraft for X-Plane.

iMac Retina 5K  (2016), 27-inch OSX Sierra 10.12.03, 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB, XP10.51, XP11.02r1, XL 2.6R1,  A320 v.3.2R1 (XP11), A330 v.2.2rc, SkyMaxxPro 4.5, RealWeatherConnector 1.1, SoundMaxx, JAR FM 2.6 r1 and GH Saitek equipment, Joystick Gladiator MKII  My Blog: http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

205

Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

Downloaded the latest XP11 update over the weekend. On a route from EGLL to EIDW with the JAR A320, I kept getting overspeed warnings and the FMS would not follow the waypoints. Prior to the update had no issues with the JAR A320. Is it related to the latest update?

206

Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

tbriscoe76 wrote:

Downloaded the latest XP11 update over the weekend. On a route from EGLL to EIDW with the JAR A320, I kept getting overspeed warnings and the FMS would not follow the waypoints. Prior to the update had no issues with the JAR A320. Is it related to the latest update?


Most likely. I recommend not using the A320 with XP beta versions!

iMac Retina 5K 27” (2015), Core i7, OSX 10.13.1, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52,  Saitek TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi Panel, ThrustMaster Cougar MFD,  XP 11.05r1, A320v3.2r1, A330v2.2rc1, XL v2.0r4, FM v2.6r1, GndHdg v200317, SMP4.5, RWCv1.1,
XP11.10b5, FlyWithLua v2.6.2, 3jFPS-wizard, PythonInterface v2.73.06, NOAA Weather v2.4.1, XSaitekpanels v2.70, Xchecklist v1.28

207

Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

Enough to complain. Time to enjoy flight

https://youtu.be/FLl72f4klMM

iMac Retina 5K  (2016), 27-inch OSX Sierra 10.12.03, 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB, XP10.51, XP11.02r1, XL 2.6R1,  A320 v.3.2R1 (XP11), A330 v.2.2rc, SkyMaxxPro 4.5, RealWeatherConnector 1.1, SoundMaxx, JAR FM 2.6 r1 and GH Saitek equipment, Joystick Gladiator MKII  My Blog: http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

208

Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

Hi!

This A320 looks great, but unfortunately I found several bugs already in my second flight.
Maybe there’s already an update in the pipe, nevertheless I will give you an overview to see what’s wrong between JD320 V3.2 R1 and a real A320:

- APU can only be started with GPU running. In real A320 you must be able to start the APU on batteries as well, sometimes a GPU is not available.
- Cost index is only accepted between 0 and 99. That’s wrong, up to CI 120 Speed/Mach you get 340 kts/M0.80, thereafter only optimum FL reduces (up to CI 999).
- Alternate airport cannot be inserted on INIT 1 page, so fuel for alternate airport cannot be inserted on INIT 2 page as well.
- Instead of ADF1 – OFF – ILS there should be ADF1 – OFF – VOR1 on the CAPT EFIS control panel.
- VOR2 is completely missing (NO GO!)
- Range 320 (for ND) is not working, cannot be selected (max. is 160 NM)
- EXPD pushbutton on the FCU is not working (only short flash of EXPD pushbutton light but no activation nor FMA change)
- system page pushbuttons on the ECAM Control Panel cannot be deselected; so there’s no change to get the ECAM Cruise Page in flight; pressing a system page pushbutton twice should deselect this system on ECAM
- Flight from EDDM to LOWW is 248 NM flightplan-distance; PROG Page calculates OPT FL 371 -> never ever! (even on ferry flight you are restricted due to altitude constraints on LOWW arrival)
- ENG FLE TEMP NOT SET on ECAM during TOGA T/O -> this message is not existing on real aircraft
- PROG Page does not accept all FL (on flight from EDDM-LOWW) -> just FL310; you can insert any FL on real aircraft as long as it is in accordance with ceiling FL
- PROG Page requests “FL” in front of digits, e.g. FL310; on real aircraft you just have to insert “310”
- “V DEV” on PROG Page is nonsense during climb, real aircraft doesn’t show this
- On the F-PLAN Page waypoints that are already in the past have to be deleted automatically. There should only be the FROM and TO waypoint and the rest of the waypoints to destination (and thereafter to alternate airport)
- both engines always run with same N1, also if one engine is set to idle; thrust lever position is displayed correctly but current N1 is synchronous with other engine
- cabin altitude is displayed with wrong values: FL370 7400ft/7,6PSI -> correct is 7400ft/8,0PSI; FL380 7540ft/7,8PSI -> correct is 7700ft/8,0PSI, FL390 7800ft/8,0PSI -> correct is 8000ft/8,1PSI
- cabin altitude and cabin rate should have an resolution of 50ft instead of 1ft!
- speed tape shows VMO 350kt but this remains unchanged up to FL390; after MACH transition MMO 0.82 must be displayed on speed tape, calculated depending on actual FL
- FCU shows QNH 1016, PFD shows QNH 1015
- MCDU PERF page does not allow value “NO” for DH; NO is used if there’s no DH in case of CAT3B approach
- MCDU PERF page allows DH 20ft but 20ft (and CAT3 DUAL) will be shown on PFD only below 2500ft RA; above 2500ft RA PFD shows DH200ft and CAT1, MCDU PERF page shows DH200ft
- MCDU messages can be deleted with CLR on real aircraft, you do not have to delete every character


Sorry for so many items but these are only those which I realized on my second JAR A320 flight.
Hopefully there will be a huge update, soon.

Best regards!

209

Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

Sidestick83 wrote:

Hi!

This A320 looks great, but unfortunately I found several bugs already in my second flight.
Maybe there’s already an update in the pipe, nevertheless I will give you an overview to see what’s wrong between JD320 V3.2 R1 and a real A320:

- APU can only be started with GPU running. In real A320 you must be able to start the APU on batteries as well, sometimes a GPU is not available.
- Cost index is only accepted between 0 and 99. That’s wrong, up to CI 120 Speed/Mach you get 340 kts/M0.80, thereafter only optimum FL reduces (up to CI 999).
- Alternate airport cannot be inserted on INIT 1 page, so fuel for alternate airport cannot be inserted on INIT 2 page as well.
- Instead of ADF1 – OFF – ILS there should be ADF1 – OFF – VOR1 on the CAPT EFIS control panel.
- VOR2 is completely missing (NO GO!)
- Range 320 (for ND) is not working, cannot be selected (max. is 160 NM)
- EXPD pushbutton on the FCU is not working (only short flash of EXPD pushbutton light but no activation nor FMA change)
- system page pushbuttons on the ECAM Control Panel cannot be deselected; so there’s no change to get the ECAM Cruise Page in flight; pressing a system page pushbutton twice should deselect this system on ECAM
- Flight from EDDM to LOWW is 248 NM flightplan-distance; PROG Page calculates OPT FL 371 -> never ever! (even on ferry flight you are restricted due to altitude constraints on LOWW arrival)
- ENG FLE TEMP NOT SET on ECAM during TOGA T/O -> this message is not existing on real aircraft
- PROG Page does not accept all FL (on flight from EDDM-LOWW) -> just FL310; you can insert any FL on real aircraft as long as it is in accordance with ceiling FL
- PROG Page requests “FL” in front of digits, e.g. FL310; on real aircraft you just have to insert “310”
- “V DEV” on PROG Page is nonsense during climb, real aircraft doesn’t show this
- On the F-PLAN Page waypoints that are already in the past have to be deleted automatically. There should only be the FROM and TO waypoint and the rest of the waypoints to destination (and thereafter to alternate airport)
- both engines always run with same N1, also if one engine is set to idle; thrust lever position is displayed correctly but current N1 is synchronous with other engine
- cabin altitude is displayed with wrong values: FL370 7400ft/7,6PSI -> correct is 7400ft/8,0PSI; FL380 7540ft/7,8PSI -> correct is 7700ft/8,0PSI, FL390 7800ft/8,0PSI -> correct is 8000ft/8,1PSI
- cabin altitude and cabin rate should have an resolution of 50ft instead of 1ft!
- speed tape shows VMO 350kt but this remains unchanged up to FL390; after MACH transition MMO 0.82 must be displayed on speed tape, calculated depending on actual FL
- FCU shows QNH 1016, PFD shows QNH 1015
- MCDU PERF page does not allow value “NO” for DH; NO is used if there’s no DH in case of CAT3B approach
- MCDU PERF page allows DH 20ft but 20ft (and CAT3 DUAL) will be shown on PFD only below 2500ft RA; above 2500ft RA PFD shows DH200ft and CAT1, MCDU PERF page shows DH200ft
- MCDU messages can be deleted with CLR on real aircraft, you do not have to delete every character


Sorry for so many items but these are only those which I realized on my second JAR A320 flight.
Hopefully there will be a huge update, soon.

Best regards!

Yeaaaah, I wouldnt waste my time waiting if I were you. With the Flightfactor A320 coming out the jardesign a320 has become more of a relic of the past and I havent seen any updates for quite some time. The only thing that currently jar has and FF hasnt is the sound packs.
Those "bugs" or in some cases just missing features, have been around for over a year and I would be very surprised if a fix is ever released.

Imo the jar aircraft are better suited for users that arent too experienced and just want to "fly" an airplane. Whereas in your case based on your in depth analysis and expectations you would be better suited with FF.

With Flightfactor closing in on the airbus section of aviation Jar is gonna have to drastically up their game if they want to stay in the game or else they will literally be eclipsed.