This A320 looks great, but unfortunately I found several bugs already in my second flight.
Maybe there’s already an update in the pipe, nevertheless I will give you an overview to see what’s wrong between JD320 V3.2 R1 and a real A320:
- APU can only be started with GPU running. In real A320 you must be able to start the APU on batteries as well, sometimes a GPU is not available.
- Cost index is only accepted between 0 and 99. That’s wrong, up to CI 120 Speed/Mach you get 340 kts/M0.80, thereafter only optimum FL reduces (up to CI 999).
- Alternate airport cannot be inserted on INIT 1 page, so fuel for alternate airport cannot be inserted on INIT 2 page as well.
- Instead of ADF1 – OFF – ILS there should be ADF1 – OFF – VOR1 on the CAPT EFIS control panel.
- VOR2 is completely missing (NO GO!)
- Range 320 (for ND) is not working, cannot be selected (max. is 160 NM)
- EXPD pushbutton on the FCU is not working (only short flash of EXPD pushbutton light but no activation nor FMA change)
- system page pushbuttons on the ECAM Control Panel cannot be deselected; so there’s no change to get the ECAM Cruise Page in flight; pressing a system page pushbutton twice should deselect this system on ECAM
- Flight from EDDM to LOWW is 248 NM flightplan-distance; PROG Page calculates OPT FL 371 -> never ever! (even on ferry flight you are restricted due to altitude constraints on LOWW arrival)
- ENG FLE TEMP NOT SET on ECAM during TOGA T/O -> this message is not existing on real aircraft
- PROG Page does not accept all FL (on flight from EDDM-LOWW) -> just FL310; you can insert any FL on real aircraft as long as it is in accordance with ceiling FL
- PROG Page requests “FL” in front of digits, e.g. FL310; on real aircraft you just have to insert “310”
- “V DEV” on PROG Page is nonsense during climb, real aircraft doesn’t show this
- On the F-PLAN Page waypoints that are already in the past have to be deleted automatically. There should only be the FROM and TO waypoint and the rest of the waypoints to destination (and thereafter to alternate airport)
- both engines always run with same N1, also if one engine is set to idle; thrust lever position is displayed correctly but current N1 is synchronous with other engine
- cabin altitude is displayed with wrong values: FL370 7400ft/7,6PSI -> correct is 7400ft/8,0PSI; FL380 7540ft/7,8PSI -> correct is 7700ft/8,0PSI, FL390 7800ft/8,0PSI -> correct is 8000ft/8,1PSI
- cabin altitude and cabin rate should have an resolution of 50ft instead of 1ft!
- speed tape shows VMO 350kt but this remains unchanged up to FL390; after MACH transition MMO 0.82 must be displayed on speed tape, calculated depending on actual FL
- FCU shows QNH 1016, PFD shows QNH 1015
- MCDU PERF page does not allow value “NO” for DH; NO is used if there’s no DH in case of CAT3B approach
- MCDU PERF page allows DH 20ft but 20ft (and CAT3 DUAL) will be shown on PFD only below 2500ft RA; above 2500ft RA PFD shows DH200ft and CAT1, MCDU PERF page shows DH200ft
- MCDU messages can be deleted with CLR on real aircraft, you do not have to delete every character
Sorry for so many items but these are only those which I realized on my second JAR A320 flight.
Hopefully there will be a huge update, soon.