Re: X-Life ver 2.0 R1, R2, R3, R4, R5

Any idea yet what might cause some of the AI to taxi at lightspeed? Still happening all the time here.

Yes good question,  for its the same all the time and its not very convincing sadly..

I have xplane 10.51 r

thanks

53 (edited by ilankrt 2017-07-16 21:21:10)

UMII checked airport downloaded from .ru is rejected as faulty by X-Plane !
It is not the only .ru airport sceneries that are very old (2008 - ...) and not XP 11 compatible !
They shouldn't be integrated into X-Life.

EYVI has false taxiways and parking places. AI aircrafts are not taxiing on marked ways. It need to be renew ! (images)
Also there are plants on taxi routes...

I would like to see more X-Life user reporting if airport sceneries are rejected through XP 11.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon a320neo_21.jpg 638.16 kb, 167 downloads since 2017-07-16 

Attachment icon a320neo_22.jpg 1.01 mb, 142 downloads since 2017-07-16 

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

JAR,

As you are the master builder of airport ground routes I need your expertise.  I am in the process of designing the ground
routes for LTAC by HBuberci   http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-airport/

Through trial and error I have figured out how to eliminate the rotating (?) marks at the gates.  The taxi routes have been a little more challenging.  Attached is a screen shot of a portion of LTAC.  I have circled the three rotating (?) marks.  Will you help me find out why I have these three (?) marks when the other taxiway and runway intersections in this screen shot do not have rotating (?) marks?   I have also attached the LTAC.xlf I am constructing. 

One of the main problems I am encountering is producing another node where one already exist.  This occurs when connecting two nodes with a line.  If the lines do not meet exactly end to end the second node is generated.  I have found zooming in helps, but then the lines start oscillating.   Having a small circle at the end of each line as well as having a circle at the line joining point on a node might help.  This will enable one to lay the circle at the end of a line on top of another circle to join the lines.   

This Nikon reticle illustrates the line with a circle I am referring too. 

http://cdn-4.nikon-cdn.com/e/Q5NM96RZZo … eticle.png

Thank you in advance for your help.
Ron West

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Eclipse_NG_3.jpg 753.03 kb, 132 downloads since 2017-07-19 

Attachment icon LTAC.xlf 21.18 kb, 255 downloads since 2017-07-19 

Watauga wrote:

JAR,

As you are the master builder of airport ground routes I need your expertise.  I am in the process of designing the ground
routes for LTAC by HBuberci   http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-airport/

Through trial and error I have figured out how to eliminate the rotating (?) marks at the gates.  The taxi routes have been a little more challenging.  Attached is a screen shot of a portion of LTAC.  I have circled the three rotating (?) marks.  Will you help me find out why I have these three (?) marks when the other taxiway and runway intersections in this screen shot do not have rotating (?) marks?   I have also attached the LTAC.xlf I am constructing. 

One of the main problems I am encountering is producing another node where one already exist.  This occurs when connecting two nodes with a line.  If the lines do not meet exactly end to end the second node is generated.  I have found zooming in helps, but then the lines start oscillating.   Having a small circle at the end of each line as well as having a circle at the line joining point on a node might help.  This will enable one to lay the circle at the end of a line on top of another circle to join the lines.   

Ron West

You need understand, Ron, what faster/better/true way to reach all your answer - call me skype j.a.romanov and show screen. I will see details and can give you a tricks. Please use this offer, cause until we prepare guide, we need collect users experience of troubles.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

ilankrt wrote:

UMII checked airport downloaded from .ru is rejected as faulty by X-Plane !
It is not the only .ru airport sceneries that are very old (2008 - ...) and not XP 11 compatible !
They shouldn't be integrated into X-Life.

EYVI has false taxiways and parking places. AI aircrafts are not taxiing on marked ways. It need to be renew ! (images)
Also there are plants on taxi routes...

I would like to see more X-Life user reporting if airport sceneries are rejected through XP 11.

Thanks for info!

twinrix wrote:

Any idea yet what might cause some of the AI to taxi at lightspeed? Still happening all the time here.

Never see this on my side. Can I ask you demonstrate me this via skype j.a.romanov ?

amischkowitz wrote:

Hi,

Flight UBBB to EDDF

flightplan

GILA1C GILAB N449 GOGOL T925 REBLO UM11 TBN UL851 KARDE/N0474F280 L851 KUGOS/K0852F340 L851 ADINA/N0455F340 L40 MEGIK DCT PATAK/N0457F360 DCT ABITU DCT MAVOR P41 BABUS L602 BNO L726 ELMEK L602 SOPGA T170 RAPET T843 DEMAB/N0434F240 T173 KERAX KER25N

On airway UM11-UR317, 25 NM after REBLO, center radar ask me to contact Tsibili Center

But that's wrong, because we are in LTAA Ankara FIR

thanks for updates

The problem is hard.. NavData not include list of FIRs, no edges of FIRs. So, we just take FIR list, place fir points on the MAP manually by lat/long. Not edges calculated but distance to FIR only. If you closer to next FIR compare to now FIR - this is a reason to pass control. Sure, if now edges, make this exact to reallife - not trivial task. I am sure, what this is not users problem, but if you ask - i just explain.

colinah wrote:

Hi JAR, re the crashing problem there's nothing to see. As soon as you press the X-Life start in the side toolbar nothing happens, then the Mac rainbow wheel comes up and starts rotating. After after a few seconds it crashes X-Plane to desktop.
As I say it's only EGPH that this problem occurs. I've tried with default XP scenery and with the addon scenery.

If this is stable - call me skype j.a.romanov - will check on your side.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Watauga wrote:

JAR,

Ron West

You need understand, Ron, what faster/better/true way to reach all your answer - call me skype j.a.romanov and show screen. I will see details and can give you a tricks. Please use this offer, cause until we prepare guide, we need collect users experience of troubles.

Thank you JAR, I will PM you contact information.

Thank you JAR for explanation.
It is much more clearer for me now.
And thanks for all your great works

Alexandre

So, the issue for Hold Shorts what placed for from Runway is fixed. Now, if hold short far from Runway, your report to ATC should proceed correct and AI aircraft(s) should wait runway in correct place.

2.0R2 posted. You may update .xpl files only

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mac.xpl 1.22 mb, 249 downloads since 2017-07-23 

Attachment icon win.xpl 1.9 mb, 237 downloads since 2017-07-23 

Hello Eugeny,
Just tried 2.0r2 all ok

But xlife frequency are the same in each airport and wrong vs xplane frequency !!

Thank a lot

Win7x64/Sp1 - i7-6700k@4.2GHz - 32Go ddr3 - LCD : 19"(1280x1024)+32"(1920x1080)+19"(1280x1024)
Geforce GTX 1060 6Go - Saitek Proflight yoke and rudders - XP11.20r3
A320neoJDv3.2r1 & BSS PW1000 v4.0 sound pack - A330JDv3.0r4 & BBS PW1000v2.02 sound pack
GHdeluxe FMcar2.6r1  X-Lifedeluxe2.2r2  X-ATCchatter v1.5.3   LittleNavMap   xEnviro1.07

Just purchased X-Life Deluxe and I'm having trouble with this flight plan. Generated route from SimBrief for KLAX-KSFO.

I'm entering KLAX SID STOKD SERFR STAR KSFO.

When I hit 'Send PLAN to ATC' I get "Flight Plan Error:" only. It does not tell me what the error is. Running latest AIRAC cycle on everything (1708).

Any ideas?

Traffic seems to be working, but I can not figure out this flight plan error. If I hit "Generate Flight Plan" it gives me some convoluted, unrealistic plan.

Thanks!

it could require the DCT inbetween stokd & serfr

"KLAX SID STOKD DCT SERFR STAR KSFO"

JARD A320 Driver
JARD A330 Driver

I was taking my first full flight with the latest versions of X-Life and the Follow Me Car (both downloaded today, 23 July 2017; I do not know where I can find version numbers though) under XP11.02 and Windows 10.

I was at XPScenery's payware KDEN and everything was working great until I followed the FM car to the KDEN departure runway hold point. Runway was correct, but ATC seemed to forget all about me; it never directed me to take off, and there was no option for me to contact ATC. The last word I heard from ATC was to hold at the runway.

Meanwhile the FM car sat off to the side. I thought maybe the car wanted me to follow it to another location, so I started following it again and it appeared to be taking me across grass and taxi ways in a large circle, but never stopping so long as I followed it. Is that how the FM car is supposed to work? And ATC?

Thanks, and thank you for a really ambitious and wonderful product.

v 2.0r2 at EDDMwas a mess ! AI aircraft are waiting on taxiways for other aircrafts to take-off. As I reached RWY I could wait until end of days because RWY was busy but the designated aircraft was not on RWY but far away on another taxiway....
Also AI aircraft were descending but suddenly going around and so on....

I was forced also to by-pass ATC...

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

Hi,

Yesterday flight from LSZH to GCTS.
Route : VEBI3W VEBIT T50 ROTOS UZ669 MILPA UN869 AGN UL866 PPN UQ73 KORNO/N0461F350 UN857 TERTO TERT8H

Unfortunately, GCTS is not in the xlife airport. When reaching destination , 10 min before landing I clicked on ATC panel on approach controler and then xplane crashed sad( (after fast 4 hours flight...)
Thats not the first time that when I use not "official xlife airports" I have such problem and crashes.

Is it possible in next updates that xlife would be a little more "open" with airports not covered ?

Thanks a lot

Alexandre

ilankrt wrote:

v 2.0r2 at EDDMwas a mess ! AI aircraft are waiting on taxiways for other aircrafts to take-off. As I reached RWY I could wait until end of days because RWY was busy but the designated aircraft was not on RWY but far away on another taxiway....

Sorry, i am stupid! This just fixed for r3 (attached). Thanks for report!!! EDDM is good example. Problem was what old .dat format taxiways was marked as runways in my code r2. Now I fix this and add indicated marker for airport Editor to avoid this visual way.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mac.xpl 1.22 mb, 233 downloads since 2017-07-24 

Attachment icon win.xpl 1.9 mb, 249 downloads since 2017-07-24 

JAR wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Sorry, i am stupid! This just fixed for r3 (attached). Thanks for report!!! EDDM is good example. Problem was what old .dat format taxiways was marked as runways in my code r2. Now I fix this and add indicated marker for airport Editor to avoid this visual way.

Thanks for quick respond !!!

Yes would it be possible to make X-Life more user friendly for unverified airports? As of now you cannot generate a flight plan if either an unverified departure or arrival airport is chosen which means you will not see traffic at your unverified airport destination. This is huge limitation of X-Life. Is there a proper way to create a flight plan to and from unverified airports that won't cause a CTD and you would see traffic upon arrival? Ideally one should be able to generate or create a flight plan to and from any airport without issues so long as WED taxi layouts are correct for X-Life.  Thank you!

cmckjodi wrote:

Yes would it be possible to make X-Life more user friendly for unverified airports? As of now you cannot generate a flight plan if either an unverified departure or arrival airport is chosen which means you will not see traffic at your unverified airport destination. This is huge limitation of X-Life. Is there a proper way to create a flight plan to and from unverified airports that won't cause a CTD and you would see traffic upon arrival? Ideally one should be able to generate or create a flight plan to and from any airport without issues so long as WED taxi layouts are correct for X-Life.  Thank you!

If some apt have no taxiroutes - no traffic can exist there, may be only static. Sure, if airport exist in NavData and have procedures, ATC may do all the same job, but without final ground route after landing. May be this is useful. Did you mean this way? And the same about departure..

73 (edited by laohu314 2017-07-24 20:13:02)

Just completed a test flight KIAD-KBOS on the A320 (latest version). Perfect flight as far as XL is concerned. The first time in a long while that DCT to Waypoint is working again. Previously, any WP DCT WP sequence in a flight plan was not working since switching to XP11. Also, ATC and FM car was working fine even though KIAD is not a verified airport but ATC routes exist. A small issue is that on Go Around the detour is enormous. When asking for vectors after GA at KBOS, ATC asked me to return to JFK and climb to FL250, ignoring the official procedure! So I invented my own GA route (according to ATC procedure) and went back to FL40. There is a small issue also in the flight planning of the A320 as well (IF does not get inserted into the ILS terminal approach) which I am going to describe in the A320 sub-forum.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

JAR what mean is if I try to enter a flight plan from an UNVERIFIED airport example KDCA to any other airport, a flight plan will not be generated. So we need to be able to generate flight plans to ANY airports. Does that make sense? Thanks again

laohu314 wrote:

Just completed a test flight KIAD-KBOS on the A320 (latest version). Perfect flight as far as XL is concerned. The first time in a long while that DCT to Waypoint is working again. Previously, any WP DCT WP sequence in a flight plan was not working since switching to XP11. Also, ATC and FM car was working fine even though KIAD is not a verified airport but ATC routes exist. A small issue is that on Go Around the detour is enormous. When asking for vectors after GA at KBOS, ATC asked me to return to JFK and climb to FL250, ignoring the official procedure! So I invented my own GA route (according to ATC procedure) and went back to FL40. There is a small issue also in the flight planning of the A320 as well (IF does not get inserted into the ILS terminal approach) which I am going to describe in the A320 sub-forum.

How were you able to create a flight plan from an unverified airport? This is what I'm asking JAR thanks