Re: v1.1b5.2 distributive mostly the same b4 + new base SASL plugin

Good day,

the route://*  22L is the departing runway and 25L at KLAX is the landing runway using , Baset , Downe as the STARS to the KLAX 25L landing ...
KMDW DCT JOT J18 MZV V434 OTM V216 LMN J64 TBC J128 PGS STAR KLAX
FL 370 ; speed as per set by UFMC
distance 1491+-< as I already took off when I took this reading.
Take off fuel 033048  KG
captbullett

note:
I am now running the same route using version V1.1R1 released today using everything the same and the same set-up as when i had the last CTD. only thing different no Gismo plugin to start the session.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
As per the letter I removed all the plugins and the issue became even more clear Here is the issue that I have been aware of and always thought was the underlying issue and until they fix there will be issues ... I cannot say it any way else I saw the issue with the A350 by FF when I was testing it and the issue was the Sasl plugin I am not trying to be mean but when you take everything away this is the issue just like (Ben's suggestion removing the plugin shows that the issue is in the Sasl plugin it's self) . I am sending the log txt just to look at ... I only meant to download one log txt but the system is playing tricks... and bbox so you can see everything else.. if you need any thing else let me know..
captbullett

SASL ERROR: Error drawing panel: [string "/Users/brianhelip/Desktop/X-Plane 10/Aircraft..."]:0: attempt to index a nil value
SASL ERROR: Error drawing panel: [string "/Users/brianhelip/Desktop/X-Plane 10/Aircraft..."]:0: attempt to index a nil value

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Now, we have not result for mac. We understand what some wrong happen with memory, but not understand well what problem exactly.

If this can be repeated - we have 2 way -

- need description what need to do to repeate this (i need get the same on my computer, course i have a debugger log, not the same as at user computer)
- contact with Skype and repeat this together using share screen mode

Hi Jar

Thanks for the latest rc1-version! I'm wondering if that problem will be solved perhaps for the next version?

http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1038

I hope you did not forgot it? ;-)

Thanks a lot & cheers
Franz

Hi  radio frequencies  VHF1  don't  change to communicate with ATC   clearence , ground , etc  stuck on ATIS   ...  thanks

DIR TO  on approach    the waypoint  selected is deleted and heading to   the next waypoint ??? you have to select the waypoint before the one you  selected ...

A new try to fly a330..

LLBG - EDDM (online, vatism)

Over Greece i want to check something at the fmc and touch accidentally INIT and the whole Flightplan is deleted (why during flight???)
So, i reentry the flight plan and the plane go back on course. Outside new clouds were built, CTD.
I think furthermore that there is a problem with weather modifications and the a330.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon crash.zip 43.12 kb, 202 downloads since 2015-06-07 

81 (edited by J.A.Romanov 2015-06-07 21:38:20)

emha wrote:

A new try to fly a330..

Over Greece i want to check something at the fmc and touch accidentally INIT and the whole Flightplan is deleted (why during flight???)
So, i reentry the flight plan and the plane go back on course. Outside new clouds were built, CTD.
I think furthermore that there is a problem with weather modifications and the a330.

Never see this before
Thread 0:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib            0x00007fff898bf4de mach_msg_trap + 10

thanks for info, emha!

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Hi !

emha wrote:

A new try to fly a330..

Interesting, I got the same bug on the A320 and A330... But I think it's not the INIT button itself, I saw this bug by pressing the "PERF" Button...

Since I downloaded this beta for the fist time, I never got it working. It always crashed to desktop. The weird thing (maybe not werid??) was that the stable "windows" version works perfectly fine without any crashes or significant bugs on any of my 10 flights.

Just now I figured that if i load this beta "windowed" (as opposed to full screen), it works! After loading it once it also works loading it with full screen. Finally I can start test flying this beta bird smile

iMac 27" late -13, i5, 775m 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD.

Violent nodding on visual approach, stable winds. No joystick inputs on glideslope 500 ft agl, suddenly nose drops 10 degrees and I have to pull hard on the stick to correct movement and maintain glideslope. Aircraft is 100% stable roll-wize, but I am experiencing similar problems with this FBW system as I do with the A320.
Is this nodding problem experienced by others?

Stable FPS 30, no crashes or bugs registered. Very nice acft with wonderful details in the cockpit! Keep up the very good job smile

85 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-10 06:05:21)

To sum up my last two posts and an additional bug:

1) I've had problems with the A320 as well, and I am uncertain if the beta is better. I get fairly huge nodding action going on, and it is especially difficult on approaches as the plane is no where near a stable approach. It nodds up and down making it very hard to perform a safe landing. It is better when doing CAT III approaches with the AP, but even then there is some nodding. The roll action is perfectly stable. Again, I have the exact same "nodding bug" on the A320. I have several other payware (and freeware) aircrafts, only the A3X0 behaves like this. It is a bit funny as experienced yesterday, the A330 was very unstable on approach, relative winds something like 30015kts. My Cessna Corvallis TT was much easier on the approach.

Other people with this experience?

2) I experienced a bug when inputting a (unrealistically) short flight plan yesterday, from ESSA - ESSB (Sweden). I enter ESSA/ESSB on init page, then i do the fuel calculations, and when going to the flight plan page to insert one more waypoint (TEB, a VOR) I get a "flight plan discontinuity" on the A330 which i cannot delete. On the A320 the exact same flight plan works fine. Is this a bug? Does it have something to do with the weight and performance of the plane making the FP impossible on this aircraft vs the A320?
Its worth mentioning that Ive done about 10 normal (longer) flights with the A330, all without any problems like this, or any major problems at all. I am very happy with the work being put down smile

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/29/t/p19ne14ijq121c1c49b1p14c21q3p3.png

System:
iMac 27" late -13
i5
775m 2 GB RAM
16 GB system RAM
512 GB SSD
xPlane 10.36, FPS fairly stable at 26-30 fps.

Anterialis wrote:

Again, I have the exact same "nodding bug" on the A320.

So.. most of users have not this nodding bug. As the last idea - you can disconnect your joystick and make test flight with mouse only. This work well for 320/330.

I will give it another try and disconnect the joystick and report back, although this didnt have any implication/effekt on the nodding on the A320.

I am also under the impression that most users dont have this problem, although, as you know, there are several people reporting on this nodding phenomenon for the A320 in this thread.

Thanks for following up on this problem.

Good day,
question what type of joy-stick are, you using. and i have the same type of computer except i have 1TB SSD HD ... so if you have questions i can help also ...
captbullett

Anterialis wrote:

I will give it another try and disconnect the joystick and report back, although this didnt have any implication/effekt on the nodding on the A320.

I am also under the impression that most users dont have this problem, although, as you know, there are several people reporting on this nodding phenomenon for the A320 in this thread.

Thanks for following up on this problem.

89 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-11 09:45:30)

Thank you Captainbullet. I am using the Saitek Pro Flight controllers.  Yoke, throttles and pedals. Do you have this nodding effect? Either with the A320 or the A330?

I will have a new go today, and I will try disconnecting the yoke all together and only fly using my mouse. I will see how the plane behaves then. I do however have little belief in that the yoke causes this, as the input signals from the yoke, throttle and pedals (turned on in xplane preferences) are completely stable / 0, and I still get nodding.

Nodding explanation

This video I made shows the nodding problem I am experiencing. (Yes, I forgot to turn off the Skype call recording this video tongue)

Again, my gut feeling is that external factors (wind) causes this. For instance, if I have heavy winds, I have heavy nodding. If i get sudden wind gusts from different angle, the plane noddes around the vertical (Yaw) and mostly the orisontal (pitch) axis. It never nodds around the longditudional axis (roll). If I turn off the wind and no input from yoke/pedals, I have no nodding at all.

If I for instance with 0 winds pull hard and quick (1 second) on the yoke (upward pitch) an then leave it in neutral position, the plane (of course) pitches quikly upwards lets say 5 degrees, but it continues by noding downwards eg. 4 degrees, then upwards 3 degrees, then downwards 2 degrees, upwards 1 degree, downwards 0,5 degree, till it finishes by being stable. I would expect the plane to only pitch upwards e.g. 5 degrees, then immediately become more or less stable... Again, the joystick input graf shows only the qiuck (1 second) pitch, then its completely stable with 0 inputs / yoke in senter.

I hope I managed to explain that somewhat ok. Of course, if I leave winds on, the plane nodds according to the relativ angle to the wind. I tried disconnecting the yoke twice before (during a _extremely_ helpfull Skype session with JAR himself watching me on Skype screen sharing), flying the aircraft with only the mouse, and I experienced the same nodding... I will try mouse-flying today again.

Ive tried the following without any difference in nodding
- disconnect yoke/pedals/throttles, and flying with mouse only
- setting all graphic settings to minimum, having fps <35
- changing / eliminating different therma wind (?) settings (updrafts etc.)
- turned off all plugins
- several different locations in the virtual world
- changing the "modeling update frequency pr. second) option in the preferences, between 2 and 5.
- turned off winds (this dramatically decreases - or should I say eliminates - the spontaneous nodding, but since I believe the nodding is secondary to external factors, this only hides the problem, it doesnt solve it. Pitching the plane gives post-pitching nodding effects just like before)
- latest updates to the aircraft (I feel the latest updates - especially the newer A320 beta - has helped the nodding somewhat, but I cannot say this for certain. The A330 i strongly believe behaves much better than the A320 nodding-wize.)

Lastly I just want to underline that I am only reporting heavily on the this problem because I really want to experiene it how it is meant to ble flown. I really like this plane in every other aspect, and I do not want to discurrage anyone from not buying this plane due to my problems smile Most people do not suffer from this problem anyways.

Thanks for great reports!!!!

Uhhhhh... can't believe - we try all we can do, i just near to surrender in this case. One more thing - just try with some another computer. No other chance to understand.. But, if possible, sure.

Thanks again for your tenacity!

I will do anything i can to help you JAR, I love your work and the planes, even though I have this unfortunate problem sad

Good day,

Could this little nod you are talking about  be when the aircraft is at FL10 and needs to pick-up speed for the accent to the prescribed FL set by the UFMC so, the nose nods down to pick up airspeed and then once the airspeed is achieved the aircraft then goes back to resuming the climb to altitude. I have only seen this behavior in the aircraft and hope this explains the issue you are having.

Nevertheless, this also, happens at the FL 5,000 or the transition flight level, and this is the only time I have seen the nod even with a wind or cross-wind of 30 -45 kt. which is an exaggerated wind speed.

Second, in your settings on the joy-stick can you change the null-zone and increase (1%) increment up and see if you get a change in the behavior. next what are your Pitch stability-augmentation settings set at along with you pitch control-responce settings if,  these are not set up correctly then you could run into issues, so I would re-calibrate the joy-stick next time you start the simulator and see if you get better results.
again any question please ask.
I use a Cyborg-X joystick and it works well made by the same co. as your joy-stick... 

captbullett 

Anterialis wrote:

Thank you Captainbullet. I am using the Saitek Pro Flight controllers.  Yoke, throttles and pedals. Do you have this nodding effect? Either with the A320 or the A330?

I will have a new go today, and I will try disconnecting the yoke all together and only fly using my mouse. I will see how the plane behaves then. I do however have little belief in that the yoke causes this, as the input signals from the yoke, throttle and pedals (turned on in xplane preferences) are completely stable / 0, and I still get nodding.

Nodding explanation

This video I made shows the nodding problem I am experiencing. (Yes, I forgot to turn off the Skype call recording this video tongue)

Again, my gut feeling is that external factors (wind) causes this. For instance, if I have heavy winds, I have heavy nodding. If i get sudden wind gusts from different angle, the plane noddes around the vertical (Yaw) and mostly the orisontal (pitch) axis. It never nodds around the longditudional axis (roll). If I turn off the wind and no input from yoke/pedals, I have no nodding at all.

If I for instance with 0 winds pull hard and quick (1 second) on the yoke (upward pitch) an then leave it in neutral position, the plane (of course) pitches quikly upwards lets say 5 degrees, but it continues by noding downwards eg. 4 degrees, then upwards 3 degrees, then downwards 2 degrees, upwards 1 degree, downwards 0,5 degree, till it finishes by being stable. I would expect the plane to only pitch upwards e.g. 5 degrees, then immediately become more or less stable... Again, the joystick input graf shows only the qiuck (1 second) pitch, then its completely stable with 0 inputs / yoke in senter.

I hope I managed to explain that somewhat ok. Of course, if I leave winds on, the plane nodds according to the relativ angle to the wind. I tried disconnecting the yoke twice before (during a _extremely_ helpfull Skype session with JAR himself watching me on Skype screen sharing), flying the aircraft with only the mouse, and I experienced the same nodding... I will try mouse-flying today again.

Ive tried the following without any difference in nodding
- disconnect yoke/pedals/throttles, and flying with mouse only
- setting all graphic settings to minimum, having fps <35
- changing / eliminating different therma wind (?) settings (updrafts etc.)
- turned off all plugins
- several different locations in the virtual world
- changing the "modeling update frequency pr. second) option in the preferences, between 2 and 5.
- turned off winds (this dramatically decreases - or should I say eliminates - the spontaneous nodding, but since I believe the nodding is secondary to external factors, this only hides the problem, it doesnt solve it. Pitching the plane gives post-pitching nodding effects just like before)
- latest updates to the aircraft (I feel the latest updates - especially the newer A320 beta - has helped the nodding somewhat, but I cannot say this for certain. The A330 i strongly believe behaves much better than the A320 nodding-wize.)

Lastly I just want to underline that I am only reporting heavily on the this problem because I really want to experiene it how it is meant to ble flown. I really like this plane in every other aspect, and I do not want to discurrage anyone from not buying this plane due to my problems smile Most people do not suffer from this problem anyways.

Thanks for tips.

I testet today with the mouse. Same nodding. So as far as I understand it, its got nothing to do with the Yoke. I want to try reinstalling xPlane. I have no idea if that would change anything..

Good day,
I do not think that would help and would take 4-6 hours of your time to re-install everything.
captbullett

Anterialis wrote:

Thanks for tips.

I testet today with the mouse. Same nodding. So as far as I understand it, its got nothing to do with the Yoke. I want to try reinstalling xPlane. I have no idea if that would change anything..

Captain bullet and JAR, thanks for you inputs smile

Yeah, I wont reinstall the sim. at this point. I agree with you, I don't believe that will change anything..

Agree, this is not useful.

will there be a new beta in the near future?

98 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-21 18:18:59)

Twice crash today, same dep. and arr. airports, different routing. Start and push OK. I start taxi, and within 1 min I get CTD.

xPlane 10.36r1, iMac 27", i5 3,4 ghz, 16GB ram. 512 SSD.

EDIT: Logfile attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 120.13 kb, 188 downloads since 2015-06-21 

good day,
I can't explane how to up-load the log txt but there should be a //* choose file on the bottom and if it is not showing then you have to post the reply and then choose edit the post this will allow you to then post your log txt. because you will then see the choose file on the bottom of the page...

but was this the third flight from the time you downloaded the version of the aircraft ?
if so you should be good if you re start the computer then the X-plane app and and start the normal procedures.
captbullett

Anterialis wrote:

Twice crash today, same dep. and arr. airports, different routing. Start and push OK. I start taxi, and within 1 min I get CTD.

xPlane 10.36r1, iMac 27", i5 3,4 ghz, 16GB ram. 512 SSD.

How do i attach log file?

No Ive flown this plane for several weeks now. If there has recently been a new version, I haven't downloaded it yet.

And thanks, it worked editing the last post smile Logfile is attached in the previous post of mine.