Topic: active runway problem

X-Life seems to become confused when an airport has more than one runway. For example I am trying to get Gatwick airport running smoothly for AI traffic, now Gatwick has two runways, 08R/26L as the main one and 08L/26R as only used if really necessary. I leave the tick boxes for that runway unchecked so hoping it is recognised as being unused. The problem arises when traffic arrives at the hold short line for runway 26L from taxiway A, runway 08L/26R then immediately becomes registered as busy even though no other traffic is anywhere near it. This causes landing traffic on runway 26L to stop on the runway  thus holding up waiting aircraft which then remains there and nothing ever moves. I have tried several different combinations of taxiways to try and avoid this problem but without success. It also occurs at other airports with multiple runways. If you just enter your aircraft, taxi and take off, you probably wouldn't notice but if you sit and observe the Ai traffic for 20-30 minutes it soon becomes apparent as the airport becomes a log jam. Any help on this issue would be gratefully received.

Re: active runway problem

jspaughton,

I have encountered similar situations at several different airports.  See my posts with screen shots under "Updates and General discussion".  Post numbers are 135, 157, 162, and 168.

Ron West

Re: active runway problem

Thanks for that Ron,
I have managed to overcome the problem at Gatwick by manually moving the x-life runway line to a quiet area of the airport as there doesn't seem to be a way of removing altogether. This has solved the problem and the AI traffic runs smoothly. However, because the 2nd runway at Gatwick is rarely used it is not an issue but you don't want to be doing that at other airports where other runways are always in use according to the wind. So it seems that it is an x-life design issue and hopefully someone will recognise it and find a fix for it.