Topic: Doha OTHH trouble

Hello,

I finished building OTHH Doha. Exporting to apt.dat works without any errors.
All the airports I built before works on my machine, but Doha airport is not loading in x-live. When i try to open gates editor a message comes I should start x-live, but it is running. Loading was already done without any errors.  I made all taxiways and stands as they were described in the airportcharts and put them to the correct position. Could anybody check my OTHH.dat
Maybe the problem occurs only on my PC.

Another experience I made is the new world editor 1.5 don't work with x-live on my machine.

Source of scenery file:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-airport/

Regards Jens

Post's attachments

Attachment icon OTHH.dat 44.5 kb, 180 downloads since 2016-10-06 

2 (edited by karterilla 2016-10-06 16:18:01)

Re: Doha OTHH trouble

Habbel wrote:

Hello,

I finished building OTHH Doha. Exporting to apt.dat works without any errors.
All the airports I built before works on my machine, but Doha airport is not loading in x-live. When i try to open gates editor a message comes I should start x-live, but it is running. Loading was already done without any errors.  I made all taxiways and stands as they were described in the airportcharts and put them to the correct position. Could anybody check my OTHH.dat
Maybe the problem occurs only on my PC.

Another experience I made is the new world editor 1.5 don't work with x-live on my machine.

Source of scenery file:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-airport/

Regards Jens

Welcome to che club...

I'm experimenting the same problem with at least 3 different airports.
Other have same problem in the past: if you check the XL forums at least another one have the same problem you (and me) are reporting.

I was in touch with the developer and we checked together the problem.
At the moment I'm still waiting for a solution or at least a verbose error output from X-Life which make us understand why only few airports are having this problem..

If you open XP log file (Log.txt) you will see when you click on gateway editor or any other icon in XL Panel this message:
MessageRed: Please turn On traffic before

XL does not start with this airports.

I've tried myself WE 1.5 but there are many new fields which XL just ignore or do not understand. For example plane sizes (found even in XL Gates editor) makes XL mad.
Anyway many new fields (stand type for example) would be very useful and very similar to the one in XL.

3 (edited by Habbel 2016-10-07 09:35:48)

Karterilla you discribed the behavior from XL in my log.txt. Yes that's the same problem. So we have to wait for a solution from the developer. Next airport I 'll try would be OKBK, cause it has a similar structure. Before that airport is finished I 'll start parts from the airport, to see if XL is still running. For the next time I keep using WED 1.4 for XL. Thanks for this information, Jens

I had a look at this, too. I noticed that the OTHH from tdg didn't have any coms frequencies (ATIS, TWR, GND etc.) so I added them  but still XL doesn't start. When I click on gates editor the message "start traffic first" does NOT come up anymore but still gates editor doesn't open. I'll keep thinking and trying...

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

Habbel & Iaohu , I've had many problems with tdg's airports . He fires them out like pumkin seeds , but does admit they're simple and fast . I do wish you all the best in finding a solution , especially when it's me that put the request in . I find it a shame that only Europe and the USA and certain Russian airports are covered , when XPlane covers the Globe . XLife is undoubtedly a wonderful add-on for all of us to enjoy .
Anyway ,thanks guys for your continuing hard work .

Habbel wrote:

Karterilla you discribed the behavior from XL in my log.txt. Yes that's the same problem. So we have to wait for a solution from the developer. Next airport I 'll try would be OKBK, cause it has a similar structure. Before that airport is finished I 'll start parts from the airport, to see if XL is still running. For the next time I keep using WED 1.4 for XL. Thanks for this information, Jens

You better post a PM to the developer like I did.

I did also try with XP gateway scenery packages. Instead of tdg or others.

I spent days with 2 scenery packages for LIEE (a small italian airport): one from the gateway and one from tdg and developed 2 different LIEE.dat files for each scenery e none of them worked. I did also tried to use one or the other LIEE.dat WITHOUT adding any scenery in Custom Scenery just LIEE.dat file in XL airports folder, but no way XL does not start. Naturally you need a scenery to develop an ICAO.dat file but after the creation of that file you can or cannot use a custom scenery.
Yes you can drop your developed ICAO.dat in XL Airports folder without any add-on scenery, and if XL starts will work anyway.
Not mentioning installing second or third copy of XP package, or different version of XP itself. No way those APTs are not working.
Tried on mac and PC too no way either.

I do have at least 3 APTs that are not working any version of XL or XP with or without a custom scenery.
Others already reported the problem, look here for LIMJ (still not working):
http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 249#p12249

Try this yourself with your OTTH.dat, without any scenery. I already did it and it is not working.  I'm on mac right now with XP 10.51r1
So seems it is not the scenery we are using (I prefer to use XP gateway 3D scenery packages since are really light in size ie memory usage) to cause the problem, it is something in the .dat file or somewhere else in XL interaction with XP (remember it is a plug-in) that make a real few APTs (luckily) not to work.

We have to wait for JAR team to give us support (please give us a verbose log so we can understand what it is happening when XL starts) otherwise those APTs will never work.

I hope they read your post.

WED: you can use 1.5 but then you have to manually edit your developed ICAO.dat file e take away lines starting with new XP codes XL does not use as plane Size or Ramp Operation Type or airline name, etc.
Do some of this new WED 1.5 fields take your attention? What do we have in XL gateway editor? Plane size (A to F), ramp types, etc.
Interesting right?

7 (edited by Habbel 2016-10-08 16:04:28)

Hello Karterilla,
all you wrote is correct. I built a small 5 Minutes version of OTHH with 2 stand 1 taxiway and 1 runway. Xlive won't start gates editor after loading. I wrote a PM to the developer. One good thing is to know that even a smaller version won't load, so we are able to test loading an airport before the whole work is finished. You are right, for a final solution, we have to wait for the developer.  Yes WED 1.5 has more features but gave me errors with taxiways near runways if I try to export to .dat. With the new version 1.5 I have to edit some things before exporting, which I don't know. So I stay using WED1.4 until I know how to handle 1.5 with Xlive. Yes I saw the standsize feature in WED1.5 it seems to be the developer of WED and Xlive have talked together. I think when I've learned how to use the main function of WED 1.5 I would try to build an airport. But this would be a future project for me.

I have just installed version of X-Life 1.1r5 and unfortunately the problem with the APTs not working like this one are still there no luck.

I've tested in all possible way same result as before.

So new version does not fix our problem.