JEFX

Re: X-Life ver 1.1 (r1, ++)

JEFX wrote:

I wonder if anyone has had those same problems as me (see post 208 please) :
1_ ATC voice disappearing upon second flight
2_wrong frequencies
?? thanks
JEFX

About the ATC voice maybe you disable the ATC STT setting at the sound setting penal for the x-plane

thanks Seraphim
I dont see any ATC setting in the sound menu of X-Plane? together with ENGINES, ET... there is only a slider for RADIO COMMUNICATIONS and it is 100%... where do you find an ATC STT setting? can you point out where exactly?

what is funny is that it works fine for the first flight upon loading the sim and then when I do another OPEN AIRCRAFT and then another flight that is when I get no more voice?

Yes...I've noticed no voice too on second flight hmm

JEFX wrote:

2_wrong frequencies
?? thanks
JEFX

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

Hi all,

I´m using X-Life 1.1r3 with Bluebell XL aircraft models,  and I´ve noticed that never I´ve seen the classic smoke puff on thouch down when landing.

I know this fx is related to cloud textures, and I´ve increased the number of puffs to 100% but still no smoke. For textures, I use Skymaxx 3.2 with Weather Connector.
I´ve checked every .obj of the Bluebell aircraft models, and they show the smoke lines, so they should show the puffs on t/d.
As an real life avid aircraft spotter, I really miss the effect on XP.

No puffs on 10.45 and also not in 10.50 b4. All effects, all details, all scenery at maxium.

I tested removing Skymaxx and Weather Connector (I deleted both plugin folders), and nothing. Also tried different weather conditions, tryind to find out if maybe the effects are "wet" or "dry" surface dependent. Again, nothing happens.

Any ideas? Tnx in advance.

Tnx in advance.

It would be nice to specify what type of aircraft you are.

Example: Cargo, Passenger, special

When I fly FF757 Freight, atc will always tell me to park in a passenger aircraft section and not the cargo section specified in the gate editor.

So it would be nice big_smile

Joss wrote:

Why FPS decrease after traffic loading (1.1r3, 11.45 Steam)?

After X-Plane start (KPHX default scenary)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9boq513lf11rv1dm51g4r1ebl3.png

After two click on X-Life turn-on (second click because NOAA weather)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9c7121qc11ne5pgtj3u17ac5.png

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amca4amq1stc1jjj3cgtevke43.png

There are nothing to draw
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9deunabp1qt11q8645phkc8.png

I've made some test today and understood that the root of issue is NOAA weather plugin. With any settings of NOAA weather FPS drops twice in 1.1r3. But FPS doesn't drop with 1.0 release (with working NOAA)!

233 (edited by Joss 2016-06-29 21:38:49)

Another issue (?) of 1.1r3 is huge memory allocation.
There is a link to video (all other plugins are disabled, the plane on the stand).
https://youtu.be/h6dzlE4b0Jc

Joss wrote:
Joss wrote:

Why FPS decrease after traffic loading (1.1r3, 11.45 Steam)?

After X-Plane start (KPHX default scenary)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9boq513lf11rv1dm51g4r1ebl3.png

After two click on X-Life turn-on (second click because NOAA weather)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9c7121qc11ne5pgtj3u17ac5.png

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amca4amq1stc1jjj3cgtevke43.png

There are nothing to draw
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9deunabp1qt11q8645phkc8.png

I've made some test today and understood that the root of issue is NOAA weather plugin. With any settings of NOAA weather FPS drops twice in 1.1r3. But FPS doesn't drop with 1.0 release (with working NOAA)!

Why must you have implicit NOAA ?!  Set X-Plane to real weather and you will get what you need ....

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

235 (edited by ilankrt 2016-06-29 21:51:01)

Joss wrote:

Another issue (?) of 1.1r3 is huge memory allocation.
There is a link to video (all other plugins are disabled, the plane on the stand).
https://youtu.be/h6dzlE4b0Jc

What is your point ? 
Now a days standard is 16 - 32 GB ....

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

236 (edited by Joss 2016-06-29 21:58:35)

ilankrt wrote:

Why must you have implicit NOAA ?!  Set X-Plane to real weather and you will get what you need ....

Does X-Plane weather have several turbulence and wind layers?
But anyway, there is a thread for beta version. People use various weather engines (NOAA, Global Weather etc.) and I think that it's X-Plane issue about which I reported.

ilankrt wrote:

What is your point ? 
Now a days standard is 16 - 32 GB ....

Really? In developers's country 'standard' is 4 Gb. Anyway, plugins should't allocate 1 Gb of memory in a minute.

Test Flight: LTAI - LGMK, A320neo 2.6r2, XL 1.1r3, X-Plane 1.45r2, iMac27 Mavericks
Stable

LTAI: Well designed scenery. XL high air and ground traffic. FM car works. Aircraft parking not at the gate.
LGMK: Nice scenery RWY 34 VOR landing challenging! (RWY 6230 ft on a hill) Poor ground traffic.

ATC advices for changing Flight Level occurs just in the last second.......

pic wrote:

Yes...I've noticed no voice too on second flight hmm

JEFX wrote:

2_wrong frequencies
?? thanks
JEFX

Good day,

Ok so, do you shut down X-Life and re-open it then try to run and see what we get i have not had this issue but the ATC box does not display the ATIS data right unless I stop the XL plugin and then re-start the XL plugin or shut down the XP app all together... which is not what we are trying to achieve here.

Happy Flying,
Brian

luke97 wrote:

Hi all,

I´m using X-Life 1.1r3 with Bluebell XL aircraft models,  and I´ve noticed that never I´ve seen the classic smoke puff on thouch down when landing.

I know this fx is related to cloud textures, and I´ve increased the number of puffs to 100% but still no smoke. For textures, I use Skymaxx 3.2 with Weather Connector.
I´ve checked every .obj of the Bluebell aircraft models, and they show the smoke lines, so they should show the puffs on t/d.
As an real life avid aircraft spotter, I really miss the effect on XP.

No puffs on 10.45 and also not in 10.50 b4. All effects, all details, all scenery at maxium.

I tested removing Skymaxx and Weather Connector (I deleted both plugin folders), and nothing. Also tried different weather conditions, tryind to find out if maybe the effects are "wet" or "dry" surface dependent. Again, nothing happens.

Any ideas? Tnx in advance.

Tnx in advance.

Good Day,

You just taught me something as I did not know that the puff of smoke was generated from a weather system.

I really do not think this is the case as I did not have SMP-3 and still had puffs of smoke coming from aircraft tires.
I am thinking this is something else. I do not know how to solve this issue as I have never thought about this. So, there will be someone here that can help you though..

Happy Flying,
Brian.

captbullett wrote:

Good Day,

You just taught me something as I did not know that the puff of smoke was generated from a weather system.

I really do not think this is the case as I did not have SMP-3 and still had puffs of smoke coming from aircraft tires.
I am thinking this is something else. I do not know how to solve this issue as I have never thought about this. So, there will be someone here that can help you though..

Happy Flying,
Brian.

Yes, it is strange. It seems that the texture used by touchdown effect uses is "smoke_puff.png" located in \X-Plane 10\Resources\bitmaps\world\clouds.
Also somebody told me that maybe Skymaxx Pro was hijacking the smoke effect, as it uses its own textures.
Anyway, disabling Skymaxx was just a "shoot in the dark" for trying to solve the problem.

My question is: Do you see now, in example, on KORDS airport, the touchdown effect in the IA using BluebellXL models?. If you see it, maybe is only my problem and I need to start disabling other plugins, one by one.

Tnx in advance.

luke97 wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good Day,

Happy Flying,
Brian.

Yes, it is strange. It seems that the texture used by touchdown effect uses is "smoke_puff.png" located in \X-Plane 10\Resources\bitmaps\world\clouds.
Also somebody told me that maybe Skymaxx Pro was hijacking the smoke effect, as it uses its own textures.
Anyway, disabling Skymaxx was just a "shoot in the dark" for trying to solve the problem.

My question is: Do you see now, in example, on KORDS airport, the touchdown effect in the IA using BluebellXL models?. If you see it, maybe is only my problem and I need to start disabling other plugins, one by one.

Tnx in advance.

Good day ,

How about you send me a fresh log txt so I can see what is going on real Time as this is very important to solving this type of issue.
not only I can read it but others can have a go at looking over the issue and more likely than not have an answer for you PDQ...

Thank's for the post,
Brian

Hi all,
I'm new to Xplane and Xlife Deluxe.  So far XLife is working very well (a crash or two does occur once in a while), but I'm very happy with this plug-in.

I'm looking to see if there is any other add-ons to X-Life to enhance the AI ATC (in the air).  Things like flight following, or ATC transferring me to a Center once I'm out of local airspace, little things like that to make it more real.

I'm trying to understand how the Bluebell X works with XLife.  I have been looking for a clear definition of what Bluebell is and what it does, but so far I think I'm just more confused.

Can someone explain to me in very simple terms what the Bluebell files do/offer and how it "enhances" or changes Xlife?

I installed said Bluebell files into XLife but in general, I don't see any difference in ATC ground or air.  So I'm not sure what they do.  Do I need to activate, map a button, initiate something/command to see it?

In short, I don't understand what it is that the Bluebell files do. 

Anyone know of a resource that I could read or watch to understand them?

Thanks

Bluebell AC as far as I can tell are just much better looking AI aircraft (feels much more realistic when taxiing nearby...).  I dont think it changes anything to yhe inner workings of XLife

245 (edited by ilankrt 2016-07-02 22:20:04)

Test Flight: LGMK- LTAI, A320neo 2.6r2, XL 1.1r3, X-Plane 1.45r2, iMac27 Mavericks

Crash

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log copy.txt 85.66 kb, 260 downloads since 2016-07-02 

246 (edited by Joss 2016-07-03 00:28:45)

Another video of memory, cpu and fps issue of 1.1r3 (with NOAA Weather), also there is a workaround.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDG1xYReHKY

So, X-Life takes about 2.4 G (!) memory, loads cpu and etas about 30 fps. But if to invoke an external browser (show airports map) all is normalized.

Thats odd. I do take a bit of a hit, not anywhere near that you get. Me...from 65 fps to 58 or for any scenery area it lowers 5 to 7 frames only. So, 40 fpm will drop to 33-35. Never have seen it that drastic!  But I'm gonna try anyway this technique..who knows, maybe it will jump 10 to 30 fps!

Joss wrote:

Another video of memory, cpu and fps issue of 1.1r3 (with NOAA Weather), also there is a workaround.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDG1xYReHKY

So, X-Life takes about 2.4 G (!) memory, loads cpu and etas about 30 fps. But if to invoke an external browser (show airports map) all is normalized.

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

Hello and good day everyone

Did some more testing this morning and found a few interesting stuff I thought worth reporting.

did my testing with X-Plane 10.45, W7/64, with Carenado F33 Bonanza around DD NYork airports (KJFK, KLGA, KEWR).

1) I installed X-Life 1.1r3 (Deluxe) full instal (with Bluebell aircraft) and now the ATC VOICE IS PRESENT IN ALL FLIGHTS (solved previous 1.1r2 problem!!!).  I made a flight from JFK to LGA, and when parked, filed a new flight plan in X-Life and ATC was working like a charm.  Even did stay parked and filed another plan to another airport and ATC worked fine as well.

2) one of the main bugs seems to be with ATIS.  I think that ATIS is always showing as dept. airport the initial airport when X-Plane is fired... so when changing location in X-plane menu or even after landing somewhere (X-Life certified airport), the dept. ATIS stays stuck to that initial airport.  The arrival airport ATIS seems to be working fine.  Furthermore, despite the wrong dept. ATIS, only clicking on the ATIS tab seems to satisfy Clearance or Ground who dont tell me 'wrong ATIS' anymore.  BUT that doesnt give one the right QNH which Ground or Tower (I dont remember) does give you at some point.

by the way, exiting the plugin (with the enable/disable plugins menu item) does reset some params but not the ATIS wich seems stuck on the initial X-plane loading aiport...

3) another drawback seems to be with the number of aircraft... I have set the settings on max
-AC density 150%
-Gates busy 50
-RWY operation interval (I tried 1 minute several times but it always reverts to 2 minutes).
Despite those settings, even at really big aiports (EGLL, EHAM, KJFK, KLGA, etc...) there seems to be never more than 6 to 8 entries in the tower listing (or in the actual outside views).  And very often, there are only 3 or 4.  How can one make it more busy?  with more takeoffs and landings, taxiing, etc.?

4) another problem is that there never seems to be anybody at the arrival airport.  For example, I took off from JFK and stayed in contact with ATC all the way, reading back and acknowledging its requests (climb to such alt. descend to x feet, report on ILS established, etc.. and throughout, there was not one AI aircraft at the destination airport...  perhaps those two are too close, so I tried also yesterday a longer haul, from EGLL to EHAM with my favorite FF767 and it was the same thing... nobody on the receiving airport...

As mentionned by somebody else in this forum, it would be so much more immersive if we could hear the tower speak to the other AI as well... just a dream...

any hints?

JEFX

(continued)

after some more testing, some further observations:

5) if one loads another scenery into X-plane with the menu 'location' and the item 'select global airport', X-life doesnt generate any more AI flights at all... one needs to stop the traffic (X-life asks 'YES SHUT DOWN TRAFFIC') and then click on the ON button of the Deluxe menu again and now there are some AI flights generated again... (I am not talking about the plugins menu but rather within X-Life)

6) same thing happens with 'open aircraft' menu, if one loads another aircraft, no more X-Life traffic unless one shuts the traffic and turns it on again...

(I am not sure but I think that those 2 last problems were not present in 1.1r2 but I might remember wrong ???)

JEFX out

I have some questions:

1. Why the traffic (ground position, aircraft types) always the same after start X-Plane? They changes only after turn off/on traffic. Probably is better to make some random at each X-Plane start.

2. AFAIK the ready .dat files downloaded automatically. But what .dat file will be downloaded if an airport has standard and custom scenery? E.g. LYTV airport, I've prepared .dat for standard scenery but it isn't compatible with custom LYTV scenery. I can prepare separate .dat for custom scenery, but how it is supposed to send these files automatically?