+ AI flight dynamic improve
+ ATC freq pronounce fixed
+ runway busy/vacate logic reworked
+ Arrival stack logic improve
+ Add 80+ airports to compatible Map
+ Most of of CTDs fixed

Permanent link to actual release
http://www.jardesign.org/x-life/download/xlife.zip

If you prefer use HD “Bluebell XL” traffic AI library, please download 3 files from
http://jardesign.org/downloads/BBXL/BBXL-1.zip
http://jardesign.org/downloads/BBXL/BBXL-2.zip
http://jardesign.org/downloads/BBXL/BBXL-3.zip

Next unZIP and put “Bluebell XL” folder to ../X-PLANE 10/Custom Data/ folder
and install folders “PackA”, “PackB”, “PackG”, “PackJ”, “PackP” to
../X-PLANE 10/Custom Data/Bluebell XL/ folder

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1aiikfio2qnomj024f1tn6u163.jpg

All principles remain the same - please post you ideas for improvements, post what you like/unlike? post your log.txt + x-life.dmp if Crash happen.

So, now, i just continue coding ver 1.2. Cheers!

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Re: X-Life ver 1.1 (r1, ++)

uploaded!

Hi Your radar images of aircraft moving are done backwards. The 'box' should represent the current position of the aircraft and there should be 4 dots behind the aircraft indicating the history trail. A SSR radar takes 12 seconds to rotate , so every 12 seconds the box should move in the direction the aircraft is moving to it's new current location. where the box was should now be a dot and the last dot should disappear. I worked in Air Traffic control for 33 years and what you have done with your radar presentation is not correct.
Thanks

Chaps wrote:

Hi Your radar images of aircraft moving are done backwards. The 'box' should represent the current position of the aircraft and there should be 4 dots behind the aircraft indicating the history trail. A SSR radar takes 12 seconds to rotate , so every 12 seconds the box should move in the direction the aircraft is moving to it's new current location. where the box was should now be a dot and the last dot should disappear. I worked in Air Traffic control for 33 years and what you have done with your radar presentation is not correct.
Thanks

Yeah, it look like as map only. May be i will rework it in future. Thanks!

5 (edited by laohu314 2016-05-29 15:54:26)

For one of the future versions, would it be possible to also request a different runway for landing?
The route, SID and STAR selection from ATC is still not great. Reiterating what I said in the A320 portion of this site, it would be great if somehow simbrief.com could be linked in for flight plans. I have great experience with this tool and their flight plans are realistic and more straight forward to fly without pilot adjustments. I don't know it it's technically possible and if simbrief would agree to such a connection but I don't see why not, it would help their tool being used more widely.

Many thanks, this is a really awesome tool! Best I've seen for X-Plane.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

laohu314 wrote:

For one of the future versions, would it be possible to also request a different runway for landing?

not runway, but approach I think. One runway usually have several approaches.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
laohu314 wrote:

Yes, that would be great!

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

Using the latest version for a quick flight from EIDW to EGLL.  Problem taxiing.  Told to sue the Bravos down to RWY10.  However, there is a plane coming up the opposite direction.  Then asked to hold short of 16/34 as it was busy.  Checked the radar and there was nothing on approach.  There was a plane on the ground at the start of 16 just going round and round in circles.  As it wouldn't clear the runway, I couldn't get clearance to continue.

I continued anyway and got to RWY10.  Was asked to hold short.  Checked the radar and there is nothing approaching or on the runway.  Sitting here for 10 mins now and it doesn't look as though I'll get any further.

Eventually just took off without clearance and got a CTD shortly afterwards.  Log.txt attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 75.3 kb, 406 downloads since 2016-05-29 

Acei wrote:

Eventually just took off without clearance and got a CTD shortly afterwards.  Log.txt attached.

Good day,
Hi, you had a SASL crash ;
SASL ERROR] Error updating avionics: [string "E:\Program Files (86)\steamapps\common\X-Plan..."]:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string

This is usually when you advance the XL w/o clearance.

Happy Flying,
Brian

Acei wrote:

Thanks for log. Please inform me if happen again. I will try understand what happen wrong.

12 (edited by captbullett 2016-05-29 23:20:44)

Good day,

starting a new test KSAN to KAVX yet I am getting an error message that the KAVX airport that is on the list of approved airports yet it is, and the JPG is showing this error.

I am using the DC-3 aircraft so I re-started X-Plane and will see if using another aircraft is  going to change the system.

captbullett

captbullett

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Cycle Dump.txt 81.65 kb, 361 downloads since 2016-05-29 

Attachment icon Log.txt 50.62 kb, 471 downloads since 2016-05-29 

Attachment icon Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 5.46.55 PM.jpg 35.32 kb, 226 downloads since 2016-05-29 

captbullett wrote:

Good day,

starting a new test KSAN to KAVX yet I am getting an error message that the KAVX airport that is on the list of approved airports yet it is, and the JPG is showing this error.

I am using the DC-3 aircraft so I re-started X-Plane and will see if using another aircraft is  going to change the system.

captbullett

captbullett

You are not enter arrival airport (see at your screenshot). You enter just alternate.

14 (edited by captbullett 2016-05-30 15:47:02)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,

captbullett

captbullett

You are not enter arrival airport (see at your screenshot). You enter just alternate.

I did enter the arrival airport and the widget removed it and gave me an error message...
this is why I posted the message ...

I also re-downloaded the airport so, I know i had a fresh copy this  also put me over my allotted 20 GB of data for the month so my Cable bill is going to be over 250.00 US dollars.

Happy Flying,
Brian

captbullett wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,

captbullett

captbullett

I did enter the arrival airport and the widget removed it and gave me an error message...

I also re-downloaded the airport so, I know i had a fresh copy this  also put me over my allotted 20 GB of data for the month so my Cable bill is going to be over 250.00 US dollars.

Happy Flying,
Brian

Understand. I check NavData - there is no procedures file for KAVX. This is a reason I think.

Thank you.

laohu314 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
laohu314 wrote:

Yes, that would be great!

In real life I hear pilots requests for different runways often. Sometimes pilots have a preference. The other day I heard "Delta 34 request runway 16L" at KDEN  An approach used is often coupled with the runway being used and yes their can be multiple approaches. For instance at Kennedy Int NY KJFK, runway 13L is a VOR visual approach mostly while 22L is a VOR/DME or ILS depends upon visibility at the field. Control towers will try to honor a runway change for landing if for instance there are parallel runways 16L 16R and conditions are favorable to other traffic

Completed another perfect flight KPHX KDFW. ATC gave me a STAR coming from the East rather than West as I was. So I chose the correct one with proper Transit and landed perfectly.
If one could ask ATC for another STAR on approach that would make XL absolutely perfect in my mind right now.

Truly AWESOME!

A heartfelt THANKS to JAR and the JAR Design team. XL has become the game changing add-on for X-Plane as I expected from day one.
PS: I wish all the 40000+ subscribers to X-Plane.org bought it too!

18 (edited by ThommiTechnik 2016-05-30 19:19:00)

laohu314 wrote:

A heartfelt THANKS to JAR and the JAR Design team. XL has become the game changing add-on for X-Plane as I expected from day one.
PS: I wish all the 40000+ subscribers to X-Plane.org bought it too!

If mostly of the questions are answered with YES, I will update from 1.0xxxx to 1.1:

• Is the procedure now right? ATIS -> DEL -> GND -> TWR -> DEP -> CNT, or is it still from TWR to APPR???
• Can I ask for a new FL?
• Will be approach now equal to actual ATIS? Or procedures like on LSZH?
• Is it handling VFR?
• (This not NO or YES wink ) No out of the box for A LOT of airports, only some sorted out. No, I don't want spent first hours to make PANC or PAUN, FABL, SAWH, and so on, if I decide to fly on a weekend, when not sitting in real cockpit of SWR and EDW, and all the .apt are existing
• Is the logic fixed, that an airplane stands in front of me, when I'm taxiing?
• and some other points

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested, and reading with curiosity. But at this moment it is not THE solution. And, I'm afraid to say, I think, in 10.5 we get a complete new ATC. For 40'000+ it has to be a universal solution, and at this moment it isn't. But it's beginning, and as some other followers are pray... saying, it's a beta. I think, in 1.6 or 1.7 it will be a solution. If there isn't X-Plane 10.5 on the horizon.

Cheers Thomas

19 (edited by lanmancz 2016-05-30 22:05:12)

ThommiTechnik wrote:

I think, in 10.5 we get a complete new ATC.

I wouldn't be so optimistic. So far the only ATC improvement mentioned in the dev blog is ''no more you are off course message''. Thats still very long way from what Xlife is doing. The default traffic is also pretty limited to just a couple of planes while Xlife can fill the entire airport with minimal fps impact. Personally I think Xlife is great already and once more of the features get done it will be the best traffic/atc plugin for xplane by far.

ThommiTechnik wrote:

• (This not NO or YES wink ) No out of the box for A LOT of airports, only some sorted out. No, I don't want spent first hours to make PANC or PAUN, FABL, SAWH, and so on, if I decide to fly on a weekend, when not sitting in real cockpit of SWR and EDW, and all the .apt are existing

Many airports are available from the official map with more posted unofficially here on the forum. I even made one myself too (not yet published here). Yes it would be better if it was automatic but it's not that difficult to make the routes for your favourite local airport yourself - JAR made a pretty good how-to video. It took me about an hour to make my local city airport so now I can fly from my hometown.

*** Small request on the subject JAR pls - can we pls ditch the message that airport xy is not official ? I know that, I just made it :-)

laohu314 wrote:

The route, SID and STAR selection from ATC is still not great. Reiterating what I said in the A320 portion of this site, it would be great if somehow simbrief.com could be linked in for flight plans. I have great experience with this tool and their flight plans are realistic and more straight forward to fly without pilot adjustments. I don't know it it's technically possible and if simbrief would agree to such a connection but I don't see why not, it would help their tool being used more widely.

Many thanks, this is a really awesome tool! Best I've seen for X-Plane.

Using "Simbrief.com" is very problematic for many reasons. Additionally not every simmer would like to use it and if so there is a  need to subscribe "Navigraph Charts" for getting actual data.... (like now Airac Cycle 1606). I think a better idea if possible will be to bound "Online flight Data" flight route into XL Flight Plan. I have great problems with the routes that XL Flight Plan offers ! The route is not fitting the RWY's I get from XL ATC  nor the SID and STAR's. Some of the  XL routes are even pointing in the wrong flight direction ! (I presented already some days ago one example...).  In fact I have to work hard to correct or create an alternative route on FMC. This is annoying if I am flying a short route and have not much time to program STAR on FMC before reaching TD.

I think that the "Flight route" problem should be one of the urgent thinks to solve. Strangely enough is the fact that this problem occurred only in the last beta versions (I think from version 1.5 or 1.6b)

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

21 (edited by lanmancz 2016-05-30 22:30:29)

ilankrt wrote:

if so there is a  need to subscribe "Navigraph Charts" for getting actual data

Not really. There is some default old data shipped with xplane. I believe xlife uses whatever data you have installed. But let's face it - if you are flying airliners a lot you are going to get some data update eventually because if your flight planning tool is using dataset A, Xplane (and therefore xlife) is using dataset B and your FMC in the airplane is using dataset C you are going to have discrepancies and you're going to find out that is just not worth the trouble fixing the routes all the time and will want to have them synced at some point. But you don't even need a subscription - I believe they also offer some one-time deals for a cycle for a couple of $ when you can download all the data you need to just sync your tools. Personally I use the subscription as I like the service a lot.

ilankrt wrote:

Using "Simbrief.com" is very problematic for many reasons.

I'm using it for all my flights with xlife without any problems what so ever.

Second test flight KSAN -KSFO

No crash

KSAN: Good frequented air and ground traffic. One problem,  aircraft was positioned on taxiway. Trying to find a suitable parking lot is not possible because airport scenery has not numbered parking lots, even not at the terminals.

KSFO: busy airport traffic. FM car brought me to an occupied parking lot.

Problems: Flight route planning I described before.

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

J.A.Romanov wrote:
captbullett wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

Happy Flying,
Brian

Understand. I check NavData - there is no procedures file for KAVX. This is a reason I think.

Thank you.

Good day,
exactly, it is on the list of approved airports yet you cannot use the ATC to make a route was this checked at the time of development and or should it be posted on the site so people know this is so...

Happy flying,
Brian

Good day,

Most of the Nav errors is due to not having your nav data up to date and yes, XP ships with Nav Data but to be accurate you need to
Buy you Nav data there is no way around it and no way to sugar coat it.
So, I recommend using Navigraph Nav data since you can download either the Areosoft Nav data or the Navigraph data depending on which type of computer you have PC uses Areosoft while Navigraph is for Mac.

Next, I Use the cloud charts since it is meant to go with the nav data.

Nevertheless, after navigating the seven sea as a navy veteran I can tell you the charts that Navigraph puts out are dependable and easy to use. So, you can argue with anyone else if you want to but I will stick to what I know works and while I watch everyone post there issues I will be in the air flying and landing with confidence because, I am using charts and nav aides that work.

captbullett
Alpha tester 124th ATC
Beta Teater X-Life
Apple Developer (identified)

25 (edited by laohu314 2016-05-31 02:03:55)

captbullett wrote:

Good day,

Most of the Nav errors is due to not having your nav data up to date and yes, XP ships with Nav Data but to be accurate you need to
Buy you Nav data there is no way around it and no way to sugar coat it.
So, I recommend using Navigraph Nav data since you can download either the Areosoft Nav data or the Navigraph data depending on which type of computer you have PC uses Areosoft while Navigraph is for Mac.

Next, I Use the cloud charts since it is meant to go with the nav data.

Nevertheless, after navigating the seven sea as a navy veteran I can tell you the charts that Navigraph puts out are dependable and easy to use. So, you can argue with anyone else if you want to but I will stick to what I know works and while I watch everyone post there issues I will be in the air flying and landing with confidence because, I am using charts and nav aides that work.

captbullett
Alpha tester 124th ATC
Beta Teater X-Life
Apple Developer (identified)

+1
Absolutely agree! No way way around it.

Good = up-to-date Nav data and charts ==> good flying!