Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

SirOTheOne wrote:
newmind wrote:
SirOTheOne wrote:

i have tried it many times in several version on LZIB, but every time i got a CTD

versions:
1. name it like the main runway -> CTD
2. name it like the taxiway -> CTD
3. one point before runway -> CTD
4. two points before runway -> CTD

i don´t know how you did it, to get it working without CTD

a hp is a point, ONE point before runway, or is there another definition (algorithm?)

I´m also a developer and app designer on objC, c++ and other languages, but creating atc routes doesn´t work like it should (look at video and other how to´s)

ps: it´s frustrating to build atc routes for airports without success -> only CTDs and i don´t know why

on some airports it works perfect, other airports (with complicated taxi- and runways) are the hell to build routes

Tried your version of LZIB for 1 hour but no CTD...(i'm on win10 x-plane 10.45)
anyway the holding points have some trouble in many airports!!!
I'm using the red line as suggested in the picture but in that way the planes stop at the HP but then freeze waiting for an aircraft that doesn't exist.

as you see at LZIB the hp on rwy 33 is not correct (uploaded version, that you have tested) - so i changed the routes between hp 33 and the rwy to the version as you did it -> CTDs

I've modified the hp at rwy 31 (i guess not 33)...it works for me. The planes stop at hp and succesfully take off - no CTD!!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon LZIB.dat 20.77 kb, 372 downloads since 2016-04-10 

newmind wrote:
SirOTheOne wrote:
newmind wrote:

Tried your version of LZIB for 1 hour but no CTD...(i'm on win10 x-plane 10.45)
anyway the holding points have some trouble in many airports!!!
I'm using the red line as suggested in the picture but in that way the planes stop at the HP but then freeze waiting for an aircraft that doesn't exist.

as you see at LZIB the hp on rwy 33 is not correct (uploaded version, that you have tested) - so i changed the routes between hp 33 and the rwy to the version as you did it -> CTDs

I've modified the hp at rwy 31 (i guess not 33)...it works for me. The planes stop at hp and succesfully take off - no CTD!!

Thanks, but i have tested it with your version -> same issue -> CTD -> i don´t know why?

OSX 10.11.4, attached log

?!?!?!?!?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 40.58 kb, 358 downloads since 2016-04-10 

iMac i7 4GHz (late 2015) 27" 24 GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB
XPlane 11.34, FM, X-Life, GroundHandling, about 50 payware aircrafts

Hi i'm building my own LIPE.apt, but at the holding point of runway 30 the aircrafts  stop with a runwaybusy message waitin for aircrafts not in maps. In attachment the apt.
Can someone help? I'm out of solutions.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon LIPE.dat 18.6 kb, 356 downloads since 2016-04-13 

Hello
how do I generate the ICAO.txt file? Coud that be the reason why x-life complains about "Airport not X-Life compatible!"
Regards
Sergio

sdaniels wrote:

Hello
how do I generate the ICAO.txt file? Coud that be the reason why x-life complains about "Airport not X-Life compatible!"
Regards
Sergio

Hello,
ICAO.txt is generated bye the Gates Editor in the X-Life menu in X-Planes.
Not compatible is exist cause your airport is not validate bye JARDesign, but it can work without any problem.

VOICECOMMANDER CREATOR. Free and PRO profiles available on https://xplane.amisinformatique.com/

Windows 10 64bits – 6 coeurs I7 4,5 GHz - SSD – 32Go RAM – nVidia GTX Titan X 12Go – X-Plane 11 - A320 Neo Jardesign – A330 Jardesign - A350 FF - B777 FF - B767 FF - B757 V2 FF - Rotate MD80 - B737 IXEG - GH Deluxe - FollowMe - X-Life Deluxe

newmind wrote:

Hi i'm building my own LIPE.apt, but at the holding point of runway 30 the aircrafts  stop with a runwaybusy message waitin for aircrafts not in maps. In attachment the apt.

My XP always CTD when i try use this solution (rwy leading from actual rwy to distant holding point on twy). As soon as aircraft reaches holding point XP crashes. Same with rwy 30 in your LIPE.dat, tried it just now. Which x-life version are you using? Mine is actual 1.0r1 040416.

Would be nice having really different way how to mark holding points on twy instead of taking last last twy node before rwy as holding point. Like having twy node named "twy-name_stop_HOLD" or so.

bujablaster wrote:
newmind wrote:

My XP always CTD when i try use this solution (rwy leading from actual rwy to distant holding point on twy). As soon as aircraft reaches holding point XP crashes. Same with rwy 30 in your LIPE.dat, tried it just now. Which x-life version are you using? Mine is actual 1.0r1 040416.

Would be nice having really different way how to mark holding points on twy instead of taking last last twy node before rwy as holding point. Like having twy node named "twy-name_stop_HOLD" or so.

My version is 1.1b2 but i had same problem in previous versions: no CTD but runwaybusy at holding point for now i gave up on that airport.
I agree with you when you say would be nice have a different way to place holding points!!!

hello together, i bought x-life today, but I`m very unlucky at the moment.

1.   I didn`t understand the problem with alternate airport. Every airport, who is possible, x-life said, thats wrong. Why??
2.  When It worked,after I called the delivery, the atc window disappeared and I couldn`t call the atc window twice.
3. Please, We need for this a better manual on youtube.

59 (edited by Sloboda 2016-04-22 20:43:48)

Sorry but i think the last posts should be in the other Topic... Not in How to create ATC Routes.
Thanks

VOICECOMMANDER CREATOR. Free and PRO profiles available on https://xplane.amisinformatique.com/

Windows 10 64bits – 6 coeurs I7 4,5 GHz - SSD – 32Go RAM – nVidia GTX Titan X 12Go – X-Plane 11 - A320 Neo Jardesign – A330 Jardesign - A350 FF - B777 FF - B767 FF - B757 V2 FF - Rotate MD80 - B737 IXEG - GH Deluxe - FollowMe - X-Life Deluxe

When making taxi routes make sure that you lay down your push back lines first BEFORE adding the ramp starts to it if you are doing a push back taxi in sequence. Also make sure the pushback lines do not grab on other lines or objects as this will confuse ATC. Pushback lines will use the same names ex A alpha B bravo that the lines join to. Also make sure to put runway hold short nodes before every runway right on the hold bars. The youtube video way is a must!

vschwarz504 wrote:

hello together, i bought x-life today, but I`m very unlucky at the moment.

1.   I didn`t understand the problem with alternate airport. Every airport, who is possible, x-life said, thats wrong. Why??
2.  When It worked,after I called the delivery, the atc window disappeared and I couldn`t call the atc window twice.
3. Please, We need for this a better manual on youtube.

Good day,
yes this belongs in the other post it is off topic
thank-you,
captbullett

62 (edited by captbullett 2016-04-23 01:22:01)

Good day,
yes and I see a mess started with the airports picking and choosing which airports to use in X-Life.From my point of view each airport we use need to have a free choice and a pay vision other wise i see issues coming in to play down the road every airport that has a star should also eventually have a free airport when I looked at how the airports have been laid out and most are pay airports and by one or two developers we cannot have that it is not Open source ...
B.

HELLO GUYS...

I NEED HELP I GAVE UP... I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON SBBR(BRASILIA AIRPORT) LOCATED IN BRASIL, FOR 1 CMPLETE MONTH.. I DID AND RE DID MORE THEN 50 TIMES EVERY SINGLE ATC ROUTE, TAXIWAYS, RUNWAYS... I DECIDED TO DO ONE RUNWAY BY TIME. EVEN DID ONLY ONE TAXIWAY WITH 2 GATES AND IT DIDNT WORK AS WELL.. I DID READ THE HOLE MANUAL, AND WATCHED MANY YOU TUBE MOVIES.... COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE.. I AM REALLY STRESSED UP..... THE AIRPLANES SHOWS UP BUT NOTHING HAPPENS... EVERY SINGLE THING IS TIGHT UP....

http://prntscr.com/azw60q

jaborandy wrote:

HELLO GUYS...

I NEED HELP I GAVE UP... I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON SBBR(BRASILIA AIRPORT) LOCATED IN BRASIL, FOR 1 CMPLETE MONTH.. I DID AND RE DID MORE THEN 50 TIMES EVERY SINGLE ATC ROUTE, TAXIWAYS, RUNWAYS... I DECIDED TO DO ONE RUNWAY BY TIME. EVEN DID ONLY ONE TAXIWAY WITH 2 GATES AND IT DIDNT WORK AS WELL.. I DID READ THE HOLE MANUAL, AND WATCHED MANY YOU TUBE MOVIES.... COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE.. I AM REALLY STRESSED UP..... THE AIRPLANES SHOWS UP BUT NOTHING HAPPENS... EVERY SINGLE THING IS TIGHT UP....

http://prntscr.com/azw60q

Can you post the .apt data file along with the scenery? I'd Like to see if I can get it to work. Planes show up but do move? How about the flight info window on the lower left of the screen? When you turn on the traffic, Make sure your traffic density and gate activity sliders are set to about halfway. Not maxed out to the right! Make sure you have everything selected in the Gate Editor that you want. Gates, wingspan categories, taxi pushback situations. Click save at the bottom. Next Turn off the traffic. Now turn the traffic back on, open the Gate Editor and just click on all the gates (left side of box) info to the right is already saved. You should see "fly" pop up for the #1 flight in the flight info window on the left side of the screen. Once that happens you should see "pushbacks" "taxi" shortly after. Once gate info is saved as a text file you shouldn't have to repeat that process when you start the traffic, but I always do. You may have to experiment turning on and off the traffic and moving the density sliders till you find what works for your computer. I start traffic with mine about 3/4 of the way or less. This is what works for me to get planes moving! Hopefully for you too!  The only other thing I can think of is the "one way" taxi routes is possibly being an issue I avoid them in my layouts and with X-Life planes really try not to run into each other! Anyone else care to elaborate on that? Cheers and best regards. cmck

thanks CMCKJODI...

link for the scenery: https://mega.nz/#!IspQWDaQ!NXLhXw244q4l … Odjnd43y7k
link for the .dat: https://mega.nz/#!JsR10TaJ!-t7IpCly89mr … -uvOQr2SNg

I am really greatful for your attention.

66 (edited by cmckjodi 2016-05-04 17:53:38)

jaborandy wrote:

thanks CMCKJODI...

link for the scenery: https://mega.nz/#!IspQWDaQ!NXLhXw244q4l … Odjnd43y7k
link for the .dat: https://mega.nz/#!JsR10TaJ!-t7IpCly89mr … -uvOQr2SNg

I am really greatful for your attention.

I have your files thanks! When get a little time I will try to set up a flight with X-Life. Did you export the .dat file into the the X-Life Airports Folder? That's how X-Life will read your airport information. When you start traffic do you see a message in red "airport is not verified"? If you see that message you know that the airport info is being read. Also along the first top line of that .dat file after it should read SBBR Brasilia Presidente Juscelino Kubitsch SBBR.dat   You should be able to use this airport and have traffic if you followed all my steps. "Not verified" just means it's not on the approved list or not  included in the X-Life Airports Folder. Regards, cmck

Hey cmckjod...
I did everything u said.... and the red message also appears every single time.... one of the things i noticed, is that the first line.... in the airplanes , runways and gate list.... the gate keeps flickering from one to another... it only happens on the first one...

once again thank you very much...

jaborandy wrote:

Hey cmckjod...
I did everything u said.... and the red message also appears every single time.... one of the things i noticed, is that the first line.... in the airplanes , runways and gate list.... the gate keeps flickering from one to another... it only happens on the first one...

once again thank you very much...

You are welcome! Are you still not getting traffic moving? I will try your .dat file tomorrow. Is this the only airport you have worked on and have problems with? Do you get traffic to move with other airports? Let me know thanks, cmckjodi

cmckjodi,
i did 3 different ones.. all them worked perfectly....

jaborandy wrote:

cmckjodi,

Ok so there must be something in the layout that X-Life can't read properly. Can you  post another .dat that you made that works that might help me to narrow down the problem. Will experiment tomorrow thanks, cheers

cmckjodi wrote:
jaborandy wrote:

cmckjodi,

Ok so there must be something in the layout that X-Life can't read properly. Can you  post another .dat that you made that works that might help me to narrow down the problem. Will experiment tomorrow thanks, cheers

Actually I just checked there is an SSBR that can be downloaded from the WED scenery gateway that has ATC taxi routes. Have you tried using that? I also noticed that there were no "One Way" taxi routes used with that layout. I'm thinking this is your problem, but still need to experiment. I never use one way taxi routes personally. cmck

72 (edited by cmckjodi 2016-05-05 17:01:32)

cmckjodi wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:
jaborandy wrote:

cmckjodi,

Actually I just checked there is an SSBR that can be downloaded from the WED scenery gateway that has ATC taxi routes. Have you tried using that? I also noticed that there were no "One Way" taxi routes used with that layout. I'm thinking this is your problem, but still need to experiment. I never use one way taxi routes personally. cmck

I tested your .dat file that you sent this morning it worked straight away for me. However this is what happened. Planes taxied ok to the runways, but then two planes landed and then they both stopped moving and never exited the runway at the turnoff. All other traffic was then holding for no reason that I could see for a long time and never moved. The reason I think is because of the red lines that you used at the runway exits. I edited your file removing the one way red lines leading to and from the runways and replaced them with green 2 way ATC taxi lines. I also removed any one way green ATC lines and replaced those with 2 way lines to and from your parking areas. I then re tested and everything was fine! It showed 34 gates and I had 7-11 as busy. I let the traffic run for an hour and there were no problems. Planes took off and landed steadily and no hold ups. I would like to upload this file but don't know how to do it here this page only accepts image files. Or just do the edits I described and it should work fine. cmck

cmckjodi.
Thank you.
I dont understand one thing. With the .dat file I sent u, I do have the airplanes on the gates, but nome of them pushes back, táxi, takeoff or land... They get there and stay static. I really dont know whats going on. Another question. I already made 6 different airports around Brasil, they all work really well. Butttttttt, i cant use the ATC control panel. It appears, but i have no answer from ATC. It stays blank all the time.
Anyway, i created an account at http: mega.nz.

The username is jaborandyg@hotmail.com
Password is jabomega.

Dont worry i created it just for the files and i will delet the account as soon as i get the file...

Thank u once again... Lets keep in toutch, lol... I still have lots of questions. The ATC issue is one of them...

jaborandy wrote:

cmckjodi.
Thank you.
I dont understand one thing. With the .dat file I sent u, I do have the airplanes on the gates, but nome of them pushes back, táxi, takeoff or land... They get there and stay static. I really dont know whats going on. Another question. I already made 6 different airports around Brasil, they all work really well. Butttttttt, i cant use the ATC control panel. It appears, but i have no answer from ATC. It stays blank all the time.
Anyway, i created an account at http: mega.nz.

The username is jaborandyg@hotmail.com
Password is jabomega.

Dont worry i created it just for the files and i will delet the account as soon as i get the file...

Thank u once again... Lets keep in toutch, lol... I still have lots of questions. The ATC issue is one of them...

Ok I have uploaded the file you see it as 18KB size. Give it a try it should work for you. It worked fine for me once I edited it as described above. I like that airport I did a test flight around it. Now with the ATC panel after you make a flight plan and send it to ATC, Click on ATIS first and set the barometric pressure. Then click DELIVERY and request clearance. It will then prompt you to start and pushback. GROUND will clear you to taxi to the runway. If you are still having ATC panel issues you may have to contact JAR support. Tough for me to help you with that here only so much I can suggest. Let me know what happens, cmck

HI... ITS ME AGAIN... IM TRYING IT RIGHT NOW.. BUT IT HAS BEEN 3 MN ALREADY AND NO ANSWER FROM THE AIRPLANES... WHAT VERSION OF THE X-LIFE U ARE USING?