1 (edited by niches-mayday 2023-06-27 23:12:44)

Topic: SOLVED: How Do I Edit the LR A330 Set? Won't let me edit, overwrites.

I just purchased GHD and setting up my aircraft. The LR A330-300 appears to be using the Default/Airbuslongrange.set. I've tried to edit the file to remove the firetruck and ambulance (or even change them to a Van), but every time I do, when I restart xp12, the file is somehow being overwritten by the old default one. I also tired to edit a copy of that file and put it in the Custom folder. However, it then shows up as empty (no vehicles, nothing) showing at all.

Editing in TextEdit and BBEdit on a Mac as a pure text file. Had previously edited a downloaded set for the FF A350 and that worked fine. Seems to be something different with the Airbuslongrange.set. Any secret on how to edit this file?

Thanks.

Re: SOLVED: How Do I Edit the LR A330 Set? Won't let me edit, overwrites.

Figured it out. I watched the JAR video on editing/Making Own Set for GHD and this time it made more sense (after listening 2-3 times!).

• Start with the default A330 set (Airbuslongrange.set)
    Open GHD/Tools/Build Aircraft Set
    Click on one of the item's Set buttons, then click Update button (top right).
    This then creates a custom set in the Custom folder.
    I then was able using the Tools interface to simply delete the ambulance, limo and firetruck.

Still don't know at this point if I can edit the new custom set in a text editor, but at least I have it basically the way I want it.