76 (edited by geodix 2016-01-09 18:54:01)

Re: X-Life public beta-2 030116 (Win & Mac)

Hi
This plugin is very nice.
I'm on Windows 10 with A330.
I just have a problem : flight plan is not exported on MCDU when in click on Export button on Flight Plan windows.

Other information if i report TOD to Approach X-Plane Stop ( if i report TOD  to Center it is ok)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 86.31 kb, 291 downloads since 2016-01-09 

geodix wrote:

if i report TOD to Approach X-Plane Stop ( if i report TOD  to Center it is ok)

Known bug. First click on "Center" then say "TOD". Guess this is being fixed at the moment.

SYSTEM: X-Plane 11.00pb9, Win 10 (64bit), Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X, 32GB RAM, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV@3840x2160px, TrackIR5; PLUGINS/ TOOLS: FS Global Real Weather, SkyMaxxPro v4.1, Real Weather Connector, Gnd Handl. Deluxe, X-Camera, NDP Charts, Navigraph AIRAC; A/C: JARDesign: A320neo & A330

I accumulate bugs and features requests now. Have a list with about 30 points to improve. Will see this with  next step version.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Good day,
Yes I have the same CTD issue ...
B

joomie wrote:
geodix wrote:

if i report TOD to Approach X-Plane Stop ( if i report TOD  to Center it is ok)

Known bug. First click on "Center" then say "TOD". Guess this is being fixed at the moment.

Good day,
Yes I like this the aircraft population, is good some of the ground routes need to be adjusted but in the air the aircraft are in good routes and never are in the way. the ground aircraft only look out of place, like running into airport walls and running into the grass.
but on the whole this is a very good plugin and I can't forget the way the FollowMeCar can take you to the runway.
captbullett

J.A.Romanov wrote:

I accumulate bugs and features requests now. Have a list with about 30 points to improve. Will see this with  next step version.

Never had aircraft completely leaving route on ground.
Same applies to their movement in the air.

What I saw is an a bit too low climb rate after takeoff.

SYSTEM: X-Plane 11.00pb9, Win 10 (64bit), Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X, 32GB RAM, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV@3840x2160px, TrackIR5; PLUGINS/ TOOLS: FS Global Real Weather, SkyMaxxPro v4.1, Real Weather Connector, Gnd Handl. Deluxe, X-Camera, NDP Charts, Navigraph AIRAC; A/C: JARDesign: A320neo & A330

Tried this afternoon, but got a huge hit on framerate, 10-15 fps lower, this added to the use of A330 (very heavy on the framerate also). It was barely usable... I'll try later without Maxx clouds and sounds and also without World Traffic, (i will remove them from folder, not just disable them as I was doing.). I will try this with the FF767 as it is very light on framerate.

Tchou wrote:

Tried this afternoon, but got a huge hit on framerate, 10-15 fps lower, this added to the use of A330 (very heavy on the framerate also). It was barely usable... I'll try later without Maxx clouds and sounds and also without World Traffic, (i will remove them from folder, not just disable them as I was doing.). I will try this with the FF767 as it is very light on framerate.

more useful to describe like this:

have 110 fps before and 95 fps after start X-Life

or

have 30 fps before and 15 fps after start X-Life

(both have 15 fps drop, but have huge difference)

84 (edited by A350Pilot 2016-01-11 18:57:17)

Hello,

in my X-Plane, X-Life didn't works as expected.
Using Windows 10 Pro x64, X-Plane 10.42 64Bit, JARD A320Neo V2.2.
OpenSceneryX, TugMaster, FMCar and GHDeluxe in the newest Versions
Sitting with A320Neo at EDDM.

Following occurs, when using the Plugin
Click Traffic on -> X-Plane crashes to Desktop
Click Flight Plan -> nothing happens
Click ATC Panel -> Control Panel appears but is totally empty
Click Gates Editor -> nothing happens
Click Settings -> Settings Panel appears
Click Registration -> Dialogue appears and Registration went well. Plugin is activated.
Click Airports Map -> IE opens up with the Map.
Click News -> Nes Dialogue appears.

Any Ideas, what i have to do, to get X-Life running?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 50.02 kb, 301 downloads since 2016-01-11 

X-Plane since V10

85 (edited by Tchou 2016-01-11 20:26:23)

Just started a flight now,
Planes are in the dark, no lights on at night, you only see them when they are in your light beam...
Didn't see planes rolling on the floor yet.
Do I need to set the frequency to have atc ?
For the framerate it's much much better without Maxx clouds and I guess WOrld Traffic was conflicting even if it was disabled. However, I was at 30 fps with A330 & X-Life, and 45 fps without X-Life

Edit: just finished the flight everything went quite well until the LOWI approach,
Here is the route I used :
ROUTE ID: DEFRTE
EDDL/23L DCT DODEN Y853 BOMBI T104 WLD UM867 BAVAX Z106 MANAL UM736
TULSI DCT LOWI/08

From tulsi it directed me using the approach I planned to use, but gave me too low altitudes (into the mountains. Then ATC asked me to continue approach while I was on minimums, I did land (without ATCpermission... ) and was cleared from landing when I shut down the engines. After that it told me to contact dusseldorf tower (while on ground at innsbruck) and after that I did continue, it told me to vacate the runway and to contact ground, so i did, then it crashed to desktop.
i've attached the log.txt file, I guess it can help you figure out what went wrong.
Regards, Richard

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 503.22 kb, 330 downloads since 2016-01-11 

86 (edited by joomie 2016-01-13 06:04:23)

A350Pilot wrote:

Hello,

Click Registration -> Dialogue appears and Registration went well. Plugin is activated.

Some information from my side being a beta tester:

1)
X-Life works on Airports having a purple or orange star on this map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?us … ecn3NB3GZ8

One must have one of these airports in the Custom Scenery. Look at the download links being given after a click on one of the stars in the list on the left hand side of that page.

2)
Use the latest beta build of the A320neo to use it with X-Life

3)
Use the latest beta build of the Followme Car to use it with X-Life

4)
Flightplan can be used after setting Traffic on.

5)
A change of settings takes effect after reopening an aircraft or restarting x-plane

6)
Click on CENTER then report TOD (top of descent), otherwise crash to desktop

7)
Enter capital letters for icao codes in flightplan.

8)
Don't set the gates busy setting to a value higher than 75% (recommendation by JARDesign, hope its not outdated)

9)
Don't set the runway operation interval time to a value lower than 2 min (recommendation by JARDesign, hope its not outdated)

10)
To operate X-Life on an airport not listed on the map mentioned above:

• Ensure your airport is listed in Custom Scenery and activated via according entry in the file Custom Scenery/scenery_packs.ini

• Create ATC network for that airport

• Copy the corresponding apt.dat file into the folder plugins/X-Life/Airports

• Copy the corresponding apt.dat file into the folder plugins/FM/Airports (if you plan to use the FMCar plugin [latest beta build! together with X-Life])

• Use X-Life's Gate Editor (see in the plugins menu) to set the values for the ramp start positions

A350Pilot wrote:

Hello,

Need ask first anyway - why you use 2.2r1 09.03.14 ? Cause actual version is 2.6b4 from 01.2016

Be nice to see log just after click traffic On and have CTD, cause attached log not show info about CTD at all

Be cool if you can read attached log youself (you can use search with word "error") - there is a lot of error not chained with x-life, but error what need some your actions

88 (edited by joomie 2016-01-11 22:01:26)

Tchou wrote:

Planes are in the dark, no lights on at night, you only see them when they are in your light beam...
For the framerate it's much much better without Maxx clouds and I guess WOrld Traffic was conflicting even if it was disabled. However, I was at 30 fps with A330 & X-Life, and 45 fps without X-Life

Edit: just finished the flight everything went quite well until the LOWI approach,
TULSI DCT LOWI/08

From tulsi it directed me using the approach I planned to use, but gave me too low altitudes (into the mountains. Then ATC asked me to continue approach while I was on minimums, I did land (without ATCpermission... ) and was cleared from landing when I shut down the engines. After that it told me to contact dusseldorf tower (while on ground at innsbruck) and after that I did continue, it told me to vacate the runway and to contact ground, so i did, then it crashed to desktop.
i've attached the log.txt file, I guess it can help you figure out what went wrong.
Regards, Richard

Yes, currently it's mainly a concept test phase to see, how the engine works. Details like lightning, animation etc. have a low priority at the moment. It's just to collect first impressions/ feedback by possible users.

Don't set gates busy setting to a value above 75% or runway interval (or how it is called) to a value below 2 min.

Read/ search all posts in the X-Life threads to get more information if you like.

Tchou wrote:

it told me to contact dusseldorf tower (while on ground at innsbruck) and after that I did continue, it told me to vacate the runway and to contact ground, so i did, then it crashed to desktop.

This is a known bug and I guess it's being fixed now.

Tchou wrote:

TULSI DCT LOWI/08

Regards, Richard

Thanks for this info. Sure this is a hard task for AI ATC to operate in the mountains, like LOWI. It is not realised. ATC algorytms work with more simple conditions. But who know.. May be in future will do.

Hi,
After my recent post (unloaded X-Life) I try to reinstall Win 10 clean, C ++ redist 2010, X-plane 10.42 with X-Life X-Plugin only but X-Life will not be charged.
Later I added Sky Maxx V3 and SURPRISE, X-Life run !
Strange but real.
One possible explanation?

Good day,
yes, the SMPv3 is correcting you issue with maybe DLL therefore now you run right.
captbullett

seventy2 wrote:

Hi,
After my recent post (unloaded X-Life) I try to reinstall Win 10 clean, C ++ redist 2010, X-plane 10.42 with X-Life X-Plugin only but X-Life will not be charged.
Strange but real.

92 (edited by pic 2016-01-12 10:05:51)

Hi Evgeny,
I've updated everything and still getting a CTD when I request FM car from the ATC menu.  This time I was at LOWI. I did everything as normal..radio check to start to taxi request. When I was OK'd for taxi, I clicked request FM car and wham, CTD.  This happens where ever I am. Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Using windows 7 64 pro, latest xplane, all updated recommended ac, fm car, Ground services and x-life ...everything is in the log.tx I attached.  Thank you for your help and thank you for great products!!
EDIT:
Now x-life itself ctd right after clicking generate flight plan.  All were in caps too. I attached that log as well.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 117.04 kb, 291 downloads since 2016-01-12 

Attachment icon Log.txt 97.23 kb, 282 downloads since 2016-01-12 

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Thanks for this info. Sure this is a hard task for AI ATC to operate in the mountains, like LOWI. It is not realised. ATC algorytms work with more simple conditions. But who know.. May be in future will do.

My bad, as it told me to follow a given star procedure, I assumed it was taking it into account itself.

pic wrote:

Hi Evgeny,
I've updated everything and still getting a CTD when I request FM car from the ATC menu.  This time I was at LOWI. I did everything as normal..radio check to start to taxi request. When I was OK'd for taxi, I clicked request FM car and wham, CTD.  This happens where ever I am. Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Using windows 7 64 pro, latest xplane, all updated recommended ac, fm car, Ground services and x-life ...everything is in the log.tx I attached.  Thank you for your help and thank you for great products!!
EDIT:
Now x-life itself ctd right after clicking generate flight plan.  All were in caps too. I attached that log as well.

Thanks for log! This time i think what CTD come from FMCar. To determinate a reason, need check is FMCar work itself (can you build ground route for FMCar with it MAP or List)? If yes, need check some on your side. You can contact me skype j.a.romanov for this, if it is good for you, sure.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
pic wrote:

Hi Evgeny,
EDIT:

Thanks for log! This time i think what CTD come from FMCar. To determinate a reason, need check is FMCar work itself (can you build ground route for FMCar with it MAP or List)? If yes, need check some on your side. You can contact me skype j.a.romanov for this, if it is good for you, sure.

Never have done that...(maybe it's time I learn!) As far as the flight plan crash, I repeated the scenario without adding an alternate airport. The one I had originally entered was near LFMN, I believe LFMD.  When I did it this last time, I left it blank and everything worked (except I did not call the FM Car, fearing it would crash xplane).

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

J.A.Romanov wrote:
A350Pilot wrote:

Hello,

Need ask first anyway - why you use 2.2r1 09.03.14 ? Cause actual version is 2.6b4 from 01.2016

Be nice to see log just after click traffic On and have CTD, cause attached log not show info about CTD at all

Be cool if you can read attached log youself (you can use search with word "error") - there is a lot of error not chained with x-life, but error what need some your actions

A Link for 2.6b4 i can not find in the A320neo Forum.
The only Link i found was that: http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1567
Following this Link leads to Page not found respectively Link is outdated.
Can you provide a working Link please.

Okay, i will make a new Log direct after CTD and provide it here after reading it before for errors.

X-Plane since V10

seventy2 wrote:

Hi,
Strange but real.

This sounds interesting, I also have SkyMaxxPro v3 installed on my machine.

98 (edited by joomie 2016-01-13 06:09:58)

A350Pilot wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
A350Pilot wrote:

Hello,

A Link for 2.6b4 i can not find in the A320neo Forum.
The only Link i found was that: http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1567
Following this Link leads to Page not found respectively Link is outdated.
Can you provide a working Link please.

Okay, i will make a new Log direct after CTD and provide it here after reading it before for errors.

2.6 beta 3 ist the latest beta build for the A320neo. I use that one with X-Life (latest beta build) and FMCar (latest beta build) and it works good (some known bugs/ CTDs; but if you know how to workaround them it works). Assume it was a typo by Eugeny.

Good day,

if you have this Beta :XHSI Plugin 2.0 Beta 7 and now you add another beta like the one that JAR X-Life is which uses a lot of VRAM you might have the issue with a conflict with the two beta software
captbullett

pic wrote:

Hi Evgeny,
EDIT:

Why ATC panel after ~ 30 seconds closes, and to get it show again, i need press Send FP to ATC several times, and after maybe, ATC panels shows. Can it be a conflict with some addons?