Re: X-Life public beta-2 030116 (Win & Mac)

seventy2 wrote:

Hi
I installed X-Life in Resources/plugins/ on XP 10.45b1 on Windows 10 computer.
Log.txt says "C:\X-Plane10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : Le module spécifié est introuvable."

regards

I think, if plugin installation is correct, you just need install "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010" pack
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=14632

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

I've been playing with the Aerosoft PANC airport scenery and was hoping to edit it to be compatible with Xlife.
I am able to start the plugin and the gates etc. populate with aircraft.  I need to edit the sizes allowed etc.
However, there's in no traffic.  The planes just sit there.  There are taxi routes with this scenery - FMcar works well.
I get the following error when starting xlife "ATC: seems like impossible to build ground route from gate...to rwy...
Scenery problem detected".

Can someone tell me how to solve these problems?  I'd be happy to fix PANC and then post the text file for others.

Thanks!  This plugin will be truly amazing - I'm enjoying it already and think it will really change x-plane for the better!!

J.A.Romanov wrote:
seventy2 wrote:

Hi
Log.txt says "C:\X-Plane10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : Le module spécifié est introuvable."

regards

I think, if plugin installation is correct, you just need install "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010" pack

I try to install this version but Windows 10 seems to be incompatible.
Now c++ redis 2015 is installed but x-life is not charged. Same error code in log.txt

joomie wrote:
geodix wrote:

Hi
I installed X-Life on XP 10.42 on Windows 10 computer.
I have the information message and the green message (ATC : scenery jump !!! ) when X-life is ON
But when i go on plugin/flight plan no flight plan windows appears.
Regards

Click on "Traffic On" in menu, wait some seconds since x-life will compute stuff, flight plan widget should be available then.

Hi
I already Click on Traffic On in menu and waited then the green message (ATC : scenery jump !!! ) appears but when i click on Flight plan on menu Nothing appears

55 (edited by geodix 2016-01-07 20:47:36)

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Are you register plugin? Are you start traffic On?

Also, please provide log.txt file just after start x-plane and load any aircraft.

I m not register plugin
I start traffic On
I click on Flight Plan on Menu
and no Windows Flight Plan appears

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 42.96 kb, 429 downloads since 2016-01-07 

need c++ redis 2010, not 2015

and.. need be sure what all dlls copied well (may be reinstall full plugin)

geodix wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

Are you register plugin? Are you start traffic On?

Also, please provide log.txt file just after start x-plane and load any aircraft.

I m not register plugin
I start traffic On
I click on Flight Plan on Menu
and no Windows Flight Plan appears

Not registred plugin cant work well.

ok now i m registred.
it is ok
sorry for that
thanks

J.A.Romanov wrote:

need c++ redis 2010, not 2015

and.. need be sure what all dlls copied well (may be reinstall full plugin)

All the previous version of c++ is uninstalled.
Only C++ redis 2010 (your link) is installed (Check in win10 parameters, applications)
Restart system, load X-plane but same problem

60 (edited by joomie 2016-01-07 22:28:56)

seventy2 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
seventy2 wrote:

Hi

regards

Now c++ redis 2015 is installed but x-life is not charged. Same error code in log.txt

I beta test X-Life with Win10 and it runs using X-Plane 10.42.
I have far too much old stuff in terms of Microsoft Visual Studio Redist on my machine, but if it's of interest:
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/436/t/p1a8f396h51bk910gtj7817rr113f3.png

SYSTEM: X-Plane 11.00pb9, Win 10 (64bit), Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X, 32GB RAM, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV@3840x2160px, TrackIR5; PLUGINS/ TOOLS: FS Global Real Weather, SkyMaxxPro v4.1, Real Weather Connector, Gnd Handl. Deluxe, X-Camera, NDP Charts, Navigraph AIRAC; A/C: JARDesign: A320neo & A330

joomie wrote:
seventy2 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

I have far too much old stuff in terms of Microsoft Visual Studio Redist on my machine, but if it's of interest:

Thanks
I try to install the same list of c++ redis

62 (edited by captbullett 2016-01-08 02:56:58)

Good day,
yes, you only need latest version no wonder your computer crashes it does not know which C++ VS to read
you need to get rid of all of them and then do a clean install of VS C++
does any other app use any of the older versions of VS C++ then you might need the older version check first before deleting 
captbullett

seventy2 wrote:
joomie wrote:
seventy2 wrote:

Thanks

63 (edited by joomie 2016-01-08 10:59:44)

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
yes, you only need latest version no wonder your computer crashes it does not know which C++ VS to read
does any other app use any of the older versions of VS C++ then you might need the older version check first before deleting 
captbullett

seventy2 wrote:
joomie wrote:

Thanks

Having several 1,000 hours of experience developing software I'm not convinced that this is the case, sorry :-)
My computer has a mixture of different headers and libraries installed and it runs smoothly.

It's just an assumption, but I assume that the cause of your problems is something else.

You probably need at least one (best up to date) installation of Visual Studio Redist.
Fulfilling this condition I propose to do the following:

• Remove all plugins

• Install a fresh copy of x-life (latest build), you must have a file with a path X-Plane10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/win.xpl then!

• Update Win10 via standard Microsoft Updater

• Ensure that you launch X-Plane 10.42 (no beta!) and select one of the custom scenery airports having an orange or purple star and being listed here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= … sp=sharing

• Note that you need to have selected custom scenery airport installed and activated (scenery_packs.ini)

• Register X-Life

• Try to turn traffic on

SYSTEM: X-Plane 11.00pb9, Win 10 (64bit), Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X, 32GB RAM, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV@3840x2160px, TrackIR5; PLUGINS/ TOOLS: FS Global Real Weather, SkyMaxxPro v4.1, Real Weather Connector, Gnd Handl. Deluxe, X-Camera, NDP Charts, Navigraph AIRAC; A/C: JARDesign: A320neo & A330

64 (edited by pic 2016-01-08 08:32:26)

Excellent work on this plug-in, been enjoying it tremendously.  Here are some issues:

1. FM Car, I updated and replaced old Key file, after filing flight plan and requesting taxi, I called for FM car from x-life, then a CTD
2. On my last flight LFMN-LEBL (LOG Attached) after an ILS landing at LEBL, I reported to x-life ATC that I exited runway (cleared), then a CTD

Otherwise, all is working very good!

A function recommendation:

Some kind of menu that's available for all functions instead of constantly pulling down plug-in menu.

Thank you again for this excellent plug-in! Looking forward to final and it going public

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 482.81 kb, 303 downloads since 2016-01-08 

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

pic wrote:

Excellent work on this plug-in, been enjoying it tremendously.  Here are some issues:

1. FM Car, I updated and replaced old Key file, after filing flight plan and requesting taxi, I called for FM car from x-life, then a CTD
2. On my last flight LFMN-LEBL (LOG Attached) after an ILS landing at LEBL, I reported to x-life ATC that I exited runway (cleared), then a CTD

Otherwise, all is working very good!

A function recommendation:

Some kind of menu that's available for all functions instead of constantly pulling down plug-in menu.

Thank you again for this excellent plug-in! Looking forward to final and it going public

The problem may be, what you have LEBL as arrival. LEBL is not on the map and its ATC-taxiroutes not ready to use with X-Life.

66 (edited by captbullett 2016-01-08 18:36:24)

Good day,
I have not had to remove one plug-in yet and no issue with the X-Life plugin and this for being a Bata build yes some things did not work right and I have had to try a couple of time but this is to be expected when getting use to new software and I did not get any instructions with my copy I am learning as I go..  and the X-Life plug-in works on the Mac to a point as I am not doing some thing right and this is why it has a few issues in timing but the more I use it the better it will work .. EGLL to LFBO looks like it will be the firs route that will work from start to finish and with aircraft taking-off and landing with a good interval in-between flights and any errors were due to my error.   
captbullett

what i see is the registration is missing and must be done.

joomie wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
captbullett

seventy2 wrote:

Thanks

Having several 1,000 hours of experience developing software I'm not convinced that this is the case, sorry :-)
My computer has a mixture of different headers and libraries installed and it runs smoothly.

It's just an assumption, but I assume that the cause of your problems is something else.

You probably need at least one (best up to date) installation of Visual Studio Redist.

• Remove all plugins

• Install a fresh copy of x-life (latest build), you must have a file with a path X-Plane10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/win.xpl then!

• Ensure that you launch X-Plane 10.42 (no beta!) and select one of the custom scenery airports having an orange or purple star and being listed here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= … sp=sharing

• Note that you need to have selected custom scenery airport installed and activated (scenery_packs.ini)

• Register X-Life

• Try to turn traffic on

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
I have not had to remove one plug-in yet and no issue with the X-Life plugin and this for being a Bata build yes some things did not work right and I have had to try a couple of time but this is to be expected when getting use to new software and I did not get any instructions with my copy I am learning as I go..  and the X-Life plug-in works on the Mac to a point as I am not doing some thing right and this is why it has a few issues in timing but the more I use it the better it will work .. EGLL to LFBO looks like it will be the firs route that will work from start to finish and with aircraft taking-off and landing with a good interval in-between flights and any errors were due to my error.   
captbullett

joomie wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
captbullett

• Remove all plugins

• Register X-Life

• Try to turn traffic on

Sorry,
My latest test :
- Win 10 clean install
- c++ redis 2010
- X-Plane clean 10.42 with only X-Life Plugin (i see X-Plane10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/win.xpl)
but... X-life is not charged (same error code 126 in log.txt)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon credis.JPG 64.23 kb, 182 downloads since 2016-01-07 

68 (edited by joomie 2016-01-08 23:02:12)

seventy2 wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
captbullett

joomie wrote:

• Remove all plugins

• Register X-Life

• Try to turn traffic on

Sorry,
My latest test :
- Win 10 clean install
- c++ redis 2010
- X-Plane clean 10.42 with only X-Life Plugin (i see X-Plane10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/win.xpl)

Win 10 64 bit and launching "X-Plane.exe" not "X-Plane-32bit.exe"?

Firewall exceptions for x-life or better disable firewall to test if it influences x-life.

joomie wrote:
seventy2 wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
captbullett

Sorry,
My latest test :
- Win 10 clean install
- c++ redis 2010

Win 10 64 bit and launching "X-Plane.exe" not "X-Plane-32bit.exe"?

Firewall exceptions for x-life or better disable firewall to test if it influences x-life.

Win 10 64 and launching X-Plane.exe (64 bit version), Firewall off but same problem....
Thanks for your help

70 (edited by servlan 2016-01-08 23:51:44)

Hi J,

Excellent plugin however I am getting XP10 crash on generating FPlan even using capitals i.e. EGLL > EGPH.

Log file attached - Mac BETA.

Cheers and keep up the good work.
Paul.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 55.76 kb, 567 downloads since 2016-01-08 

71 (edited by captbullett 2016-01-09 00:17:33)

Good day,
On the flight from EGLL/LFBO the full flight was run I landed and then the CTD I have the Log.txt and the BBox
so, JAR can have a look See like requested.
The flight Route generated was good the ATC communication was good and the hand-off to the tower at the arrival airport was smooth in the transition.
I can say any CTD is due to probably the operator not doing something right in the system .. or the loading in the compiler was needing to catch-up to the graphics with the number of aircraft being generated now by X-Life.
captbullett

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 106 b, 249 downloads since 2016-01-08 

Attachment icon XP logtxt CTD with X-Life.txt 74.28 kb, 471 downloads since 2016-01-08 

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
On the flight from EGLL/LFBO the full flight was run I landed and then the CTD I have the Log.txt and the BBox
The flight Route generated was good the ATC communication was good and the hand-off to the tower at the arrival airport was smooth in the transition.
I can say any CTD is due to probably the operator not doing something right in the system .. or the loading in the compiler was needing to catch-up to the graphics with the number of aircraft being generated now by X-Life.
captbullett

What the exact moment of flight was when CTD happen? (ask cause bbox is empty/saved after reload aircraft may be)

73 (edited by captbullett 2016-01-09 14:05:11)

Good day,

just after landing wheels  touched down and it started to freeze up so I went to press the command Key on the Mac this some times stops a CTD but, I was to late.

I am going to run the same route today.

How to import from FlightPlan File:

After loading the Flight plan into the MCDU you open up X-Life then take the next steps to import the flight plan;
I import to the Flight plan widget then export to the ATC widget it gives me the runway, SID and then when I get handed to the Approach they will give you the STAR and the runway I need to complete, the route. the STAR is not entered until you are prompted by Approach at the TD waypoint.
(I wrote this so, others can follow.)

This is a route that X-Life has the two airports on the list  in Orange Stars

EGLL SID MID UL151 SITET UN859 BALAN UL152 MAKOX G36 ESISI STAR LFBO 

J.A.Romanov wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
captbullett

What the exact moment of flight was when CTD happen? (ask cause bbox is empty/saved after reload aircraft may be)

74 (edited by captbullett 2016-01-09 15:34:05)

Good day,

Here is the last CTD this happened when I clicked the TD button to land.
the only difference I was on-line. i was using the ethernet line and was allowing the X-Plane app through the Fire wall.
this is the only time I have CTD's.

the route;
EGLL SID MID UL151 SITET UN859 BALAN UL152 MAKOX G36 ESISI STAR LFBO

BBox.txt is ful this time JAR

thank-you
Brian

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Apple CTD.txt 60.42 kb, 368 downloads since 2016-01-09 

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 4.1 kb, 274 downloads since 2016-01-09 

Attachment icon Log.txt 103.39 kb, 290 downloads since 2016-01-09 

Thanks for this info, Brian! Will think.