Topic: ver 2.5 beta 3 WIN/MAC 64 bit

First beta, please use it if you really want take part in beta-tests

ver 2.5 beta 3 WIN/MAC 64 bit
So, next 320 improvement.

So, the main goal of 2.5 is make it compatible with 2 external product - GHD and custom soundpack. 1-2 day and first Video with this soundpack will be ready. I try to improve some systems (hydraulic system too) to make voices sound natural. No changes of flightplan system was made - this is task for next 2.6, not now. As you know may be, X-Plane 10.40 have changed airport data format and FMCar included in a320 pack not work propertly with it. I rework c++ separate plugin, but not reworked lua (a320 included) FMCar, but just exclude it for 2.5 and for future. I prefer this way, if someone - not - sorry. And about hypoxya effect (if you have it) - that is no addon bug, but x-plane. I just tested 10.41 first build - this problem solved there.

What new for 2.5:
+Ground Handling Deluxe plugin (not included) compatible
  (mean what now you should have external pwr avail when GPU connected, fuel panel should come  with fueltank, doors shouls open in auto mode)
+FBW “roll” tuned for low airspeed
(based on reports from real pilots tests)
+ready for Custom 3D soundpacks
(not included, expect from 3th part developers like BLYE SKY STAR)
+ND Weather radar range extended
+new SASL base plugin included
-FMCar was excluded from a320 pack
+hydraulic system improve

Download link http://jardesign.org/a320/download/inst … V2.5b3.zip

HOW TO INSTALL:
  - be sure, what you use X-Plane 10.36 (stable only, not use betas, please)
  - copy unziped "320neo_JARDesign" folder to ..\X-Plane 10\Aircraft\ folder
  - start X-Plane 64 bit and open a320, activation window is show up
  - enter you serial key (Regcode), click NEXT and reopen aircraft via X-Plane menu
  - activation will work well with both MAC/WIN 64 bit

This is beta version for X-Plane 10 64 bit. "Beta" mean what some may work wrong.

If your activations are over (activation error) - use contact email from official website http://airbus320neo.com/contact/

Please not discuss things what are not in "whats new" list. Please post your opinion direct here. When you post some, please follow some rules like this http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=861

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

2 (edited by captbullett 2015-10-04 18:57:16)

Re: ver 2.5 beta 3 WIN/MAC 64 bit

Good day,
Started up, at KSEA so, the FP; KSEA/KLAX Fuel; 15kg FL370  wind; 320@30 heading 148º
as I got started there was a small hick-up in the FP but I went and keyed in a direct-to the next way-point and was back on corse ...
The A320neo is performing as to be expected ... very good ... this is one very sweet JAR Aircraft the changes are subtle but if you have been flying the bus for a while you can see the up dates and I like them...
captbullett

X-Plane 10.40r3 (64-bit build 104018)
Windows 10.0 (build 10240/2) 64-bit version

Activation OK
No CTD.

Bug:
CDU, FUEL PRED----> EFOB is 0.0 (is this a bug?), look video at 31:00.

Here is test flight:
http://www.twitch.tv/ivota_hr/v/19136224

Thanks JAR for Update.

Howdy. I have been quite calm the last few weeks. I am sorry. Buisy time here. Well, never the less I did around 30 flights with the betas under different conditions.

The good thing: Weather stability with xsquawkbox increased considerably. Still there are still overspeeds,  but definitely decreasing in frequency. By matter of frequency I would say 80 per Cent fewer overspeeds caused by xsquawkbox.

Fly by wire works pretty nice, also including Saitek rudder pedals. Low speed taxi is fine, high speed  taxi indicates indicates a slight yawing to the right (but May be caused by my System).

Single Engine Taxi also works fine during taxi-in, with proper yawing. (Taxi out looks different due to ECAM issues. See blow) 

Rudder pedals with the beta work nicely. I use saiteks.  Differential braking including related steering Outputs are simulated nicely.

Yet One thing puzzles me: toe brake pressure from green Hydraulic System  is indicated on Accu and brake pressure indicator. May be it would be worth to check out with your real life pilots if this is properly simulated.

Well, I mentioned some stuff concerning Single Engine Operations during Taxi out. Here the Lower ECAM Display gets locked to Engine Page when Engine Selector knob is not on Norm Position AND both are Engine Master Switches are not set to on. So ECAM Display function is tossed back to dual engine Operations, if you want to Taxi out and May be check Doors Page or ECAM Wheel Temperatur. May be you could check out with the real life pilots, if this is also realistic.

One last thing concerning the PFD Display during Taxi out. V1 is properly indicated during taxi-out. But as far as I know, V2 is also indicated.

Greets and have a good day
Thorsten

Some info about new soundpack by BSS http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … mp;login=1

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

6 (edited by Acei 2015-10-05 15:25:57)

Did a flight from EIDW to EGLC.  First thing I noticed was that screens default to not having glare.  Clicking above the PFD activates the glare, but it was activated by default in previous versions.

First waypoint in flight plan was missed and plane continued straight on instead of turning.  I pulled the heading button and it turned onto the correct course.  I didn't have a heading selected (it was showing dashes in the display) so not sure why this happened.

After TOD, I got a drastic drop in frame rate (below 1 frame).  I checked loading on my CPU and GPU and there was less than 50%.  XP eventually stalled completely and I had to exit.  This could be more of an issue with my set up and I was running the simulator at 4x speed which probably didn't help.  I'll try the flight again later.

Using Stream version 10.40 and Windows 10.  Attaching log.txt

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 40.82 kb, 363 downloads since 2015-10-05 

Tried the flight again.  Another thing I noticed is that there are no flap sounds.  Once again, frame  rate dropped to below 1 when descending towards EGLC.  I eventually gave up and exited.  Will drop rendering settings and try again tomorrow.

8 (edited by beekhuis 2015-10-05 21:36:28)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
beekhuis wrote:

I got problems with sound3d. Using 2.5b1 with X-Plane 10.40 64bit on Windows 10.

Loading the game succesfully and loading the plane is ok. But when i switch to the outside view my sim crashes.

Part of my log:

error: Cant find set.ini at=E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X-Plane 10\Aircraft\Heavy Metal\320neo_JARDesign\plugins\sound3d\set.ini
SoundEngine: data load error. Check .cfg files!
3Dsound Engine by JARDesign v.1.5

Any hints?

Will fix next beta.

Also will fix little roll bounce

Also some other little bugs.

Sure, no change at flightplan system at this version.

Hipoxya will fix not at 320 but X-Plane 1041.

Next beta will be ready soon, we test it to be compatible with custom soundpack by BSS (sound is great).

Thanks to all pilots for info!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Problem with sound3d crash while switching to outside view remains in 2.5b3. Tried different airports, error remains. Log.txt looks different, though.

SoundSetPath=E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X-Plane 10\Aircraft\Heavy Metal\320neo_JARDesign\plugins\sound3d\
VolumePath=E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X-Plane 10\Aircraft\Heavy Metal\320neo_JARDesign\plugins\sound3d\volume.txt
3Dsound Engine by JARDesign
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

Greetings,
Andre

Update to x-plane 10.41 and try again...

XPlane 10.41
Ubuntu 14.04 x64 (Linux Mint 17.2, actually)

Finally, FMC is working again. The previous beta (2.5b1) had issues - it was not possible in any way to use a flight planning. There were an error saying that airport were not in database. Finally it's fixed! Will check the other systems later.

This happened to me (airport not in database) whe I left a space AFTER the destination airport in the flight plan .txt file. Be careful when you save the flightplan in the .txt file!

12 (edited by astrohome 2015-10-06 11:44:52)

Mad Mat wrote:

This happened to me (airport not in database) whe I left a space AFTER the destination airport in the flight plan .txt file. Be careful when you save the flightplan in the .txt file!

Nope, the problem was using manual entry on INIT page. For example, UKBB/UKDD -> click on button -> airport not found.

13 (edited by crisk73 2015-10-07 05:33:37)

Still having roll bounce even in calm weather w/ 2.5b3.
Aileirons are moving quickly up and down causing little roll shakes.
Could it be the FBW tuning?
Thank you for the work done.

Good Evening,
Did a flight from EDDH to LFML.
When I turned all three IR switches to NAV the alignment should process about 7 min but the ND comes already after 1 min.
I find (but I don't  know how much time it takes in real life) thats to quick

On the ND,  at ground, we can see the wind arrow and speed. Normally it's only when the plane is on the sky , or not ?

Thanks for all this beautiful works

This is what strikes me with the 2.5 b3:

When you switch on (activate) the Approach mode, the aircrafts responds heavily with putting it's nose up, although the aircraft is still way under the glide slope and is not able yet to catch it.

Does this happen in real life too?

Sierra 10.13.6 - 4.5 GHz i7 - Retina 5120 x 2880 - 16 GB - Radeon Pro 580 8 GB - X-Plane 11 - Ravcore Javelin - 767 FF - 777 FF - 787 Dreamliner - plugin tester Airbus A350 FF - A320Neo JD - A380 PH - A330 PH - alpha/beta tester A330 JD - CRJ200 - beta tester 747-8i SSG - IXEG 733 - EADT 737-800 v5 - 757 v2 FF - ZIBO 737-800 - SSG Embrear 195 - FF A320

crisk73 wrote:

Still having roll bounce even in calm weather w/ 2.5b3.
Aileirons are moving quickly up and down causing little roll shakes.
Could it be the FBW tuning?
Thank you for the work done.

Yes, have noticed that too, but not all the time.

Good day,
@ crisk73 did you calibrate joy stick and then set nul zone ? for this shake also, set the 2 to  3 or 4 in the Operations & warnings, Flight models per frame try; 3-or 4... and see what you get.
captbullett

18 (edited by crisk73 2015-10-07 22:26:43)

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
@ crisk73 did you calibrate joy stick and then set nul zone ? for this shake also, set the 2 to  3 or 4 in the Operations & warnings, Flight models per frame try; 3-or 4... and see what you get.
captbullett

Thank you capt for your reply. Yes, Ive re-calibrated the joy and then also disconnected it to see if it was the cause, but still having the shaking. I observed that increasing the fm per frame worsen the effect so I set it at 2. With 2.4b I didn't have the problem
Edit: on disconnecting the A/P the shaking stops.

Lello, i would like to test it but i can't register. I had use my a320 serial number. That's wrong ?
Thanks

VOICECOMMANDER CREATOR. Free and PRO profiles available on https://xplane.amisinformatique.com/

Windows 10 64bits – 6 coeurs I7 4,5 GHz - SSD – 32Go RAM – nVidia GTX Titan X 12Go – X-Plane 11 - A320 Neo Jardesign – A330 Jardesign - A350 FF - B777 FF - B767 FF - B757 V2 FF - Rotate MD80 - B737 IXEG - GH Deluxe - FollowMe - X-Life Deluxe

will the ground services ever be included?

Good day,
send me a screen shot of your Rendering options then... and lets see what is going on there also a log.txt could help..
captbullett

crisk73 wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
captbullett

Thank you capt for your reply. Yes, Ive re-calibrated the joy and then also disconnected it to see if it was the cause, but still having the shaking. I observed that increasing the fm per frame worsen the effect so I set it at 2. With 2.4b I didn't have the problem
Edit: on disconnecting the A/P the shaking stops.

Hi,

wiht this beta nothing crash but i've lost lot of fps !!! in the same situation (airport,setting,weather,ecc) i've 24fps with previous beta and 16 with this...this is a big problem sad

Thank's in advance

Good morning. I did a flight from Jerez de la Frontera to Düsseldorf yesterday with the 2.5 b3 according to FCOM 03.

So far I like what I see -  especially with the revised ECAM Screens and the changed Hydraulic System and Parameters. Lower ECAM looks far more vivid now. I guess the bird is heading the right road to immersion and realism.

Flight dynamics was pretty nice. Smooth and stable during Taxi, Take off and Landing.

I tried a take off with Flaps 3 due to curiousity and the rather short runway at Jerez. This seemed to mess up the Upper ECAM Display, still indicating plenty of blue Items (also after solving them)  and not indicating to config normal. But let's wait and see if this is just a single happening or a real bug.

What I would really enjoy would be to configure the bird for Single Engine Taxi Operation, making procedures more realistic. Currently,  the Lower ECAM gets stuck to Engine Page after start up - as long as both starters and the Master Switch are not turned to normal Positions. So you can rule out ECAM Checks like Doors & Slides, Wheel Temperature, Flight Controls,  etc. without both engines running.

There were some Parameters that could be integrated. But I am sure that they are on your list also. The latter are connected to the lower ECAMs. Use of flight stick and rudder pedals should automatically call up Lower ECAM FCTL Page, as far as I know.  Setting Thrust Levers to TOGA or Flex should call up Lower ECAM Engine Page, etc. And passing 1000 ft RA-Height  during final should call up ECAM Wheel page. (at least as far as I know as tiny, but passionate A320 flight simmer). May be the real life Pilots in your Team can help here.

Another think that could be revised is the spoiler function. Normally the spoiler can not be fully deployed, during flight, without disconnecting the Autopilot. May be there is a solution to revise the bird's Parameters here too.

But in general I can say that the bird is about to becoming realistic according FCOM 03 - SOPs. Did the large procedure yesterday, including  alternate brake check, batteries check, Gas mask check and so on. 90 percent were working fine. The rest worked nicely too, but lacked one or two Details (like the Gas mask checks or VOT-Rad Nav check.) 

I know,  the things mentioned above sound a bit like Luxus beef for the 100 percent realism yunkees. I just thought, that some things were worth to mention. But naturally, I understand that  it is up to you,  how Realistic you want to Design your A320 model.

Greets
Thorsten

24 (edited by james90909 2015-10-09 01:01:41)

The PFD is out of alignment both on the A320 and A330 as per the image

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 320330.JPG 695.13 kb, 189 downloads since 2015-10-08 

james90909 wrote:

The PFD is out of alignment both on the A320 and A330 as per the image

same here