Re: v.3.1 beta 1, 2, 3 public beta-tests

GLASSMANUALCONTROL is not dataref, but variable. I was not initialized before and this is not 100% correct, but infact this script will work without error, cause just determinate it value like 0.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

This is absolutely amazing and I've had no issues so far, installed perfectly!

Though I wish she would stop messing with the smoking and seatbelt signs automatically, fighting with her through the climbout to keep them on! lol.

Will she be able to land the plane one day? wink Brilliant again.

For all who want to teach something how to fly with real A330 or A340 i'll find on net this Training pilots and copilots manual.

http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/A330-A … Manual.pdf

I wish you a nice flying with JAR A330 with copilot and in future with A340.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

Darko24 wrote:

For all who want to teach something how to fly with real A330 or A340 i'll find on net this Training pilots and copilots manual.

http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/A330-A … Manual.pdf

I wish you a nice flying with JAR A330 with copilot and in future with A340.

Nice one! Thank you.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

55 (edited by Vrumugun 2018-11-17 20:11:00)

I did 2 test flights. There is one thing i noticed:

In the landing checklist when "Auto brake low" is selected, i don't need to confirm the brake setting. She just says:
- "Auto brake"
- "E CAM Status"
- i respond "No blue"

Shouldn't i need to respond with "low"?

This happenend to me twice. Did someone else notice the same?

[EDIT]
I think i found the error. In "plugins\copilot_main\custom\execute\checklist\Landing.txt" there is one incorrect "endif"

if:sim/custom/xap/brakes/auto_med==1
waitanswer:ANY
waitanswer:Medium
endif: <------------------------------------------- Remove!

elseif:sim/custom/xap/brakes/auto_lo==1
waitanswer:Low
endif:

wink

Vrumugun wrote:

In the landing checklist when "Auto brake low" is selected, i don't need to confirm the brake setting. She just says:
- "Auto brake"
- "E CAM Status"
- i respond "No blue"

[EDIT]
I think i found the error. In "plugins\copilot_main\custom\execute\checklist\Landing.txt" there is one incorrect "endif"

endif:

wink

NO BLUE...

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

I tested the change today and now the landing checklist works correctly.
"Auto brake" - "low" - "ECAM memo" - "No blue" - ...
smile

ilankrt wrote:

NO BLUE...

?
Not sure what you mean.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
GeorgyPilot330 wrote:

Hi another time! I try to make speech recognition like in the pictures that are published by you higher, but look, I have problem: I can't click on most of windows(((Can you help me? My language is Russian

ну конечно - наберите мне на скай j.a.romanov - поразбираемся что там не получилось

Не могу по скайпу, есть ли другие варианты? ВК?

Vrumugun wrote:

- "Auto brake"
- "E CAM Status"
- i respond "No blue"

[EDIT]

endif:

wink

Thanks! Will check!

GeorgyPilot330 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
GeorgyPilot330 wrote:

Hi another time! I try to make speech recognition like in the pictures that are published by you higher, but look, I have problem: I can't click on most of windows(((Can you help me? My language is Russian

ну конечно - наберите мне на скай j.a.romanov - поразбираемся что там не получилось

Не могу по скайпу, есть ли другие варианты? ВК?

www.support.jardesign.org

itzblakebro wrote:

This is absolutely amazing and I've had no issues so far, installed perfectly!

Though I wish she would stop messing with the smoking and seatbelt signs automatically, fighting with her through the climbout to keep them on! lol.

Will she be able to land the plane one day? wink Brilliant again.

Thanks!

Hi

Up to now I made flights with ILS landing … without any difficulty .

I decided to change using RNAV approach and doing so I noticed that copilot activated "LS" … ?  why . this type of approach only uses satellites and no equipment on ground .

So I deactivated "LS" and activated "APPR" only … and even arriving with the correct mandatory altitude the aircraft is not guided to the runway …

Does that happen only to me ?

Thanks for help .

jcdp

I7 5930k @ 3,5Ghz , 32 Go Ram, NVidia 970 4Go , W10 64 bits, SSD 500Go , HD 3To
Moniteur Acer K242HQK (3840x2160)
CH Products : Flight Sim Yoke , Pro pedals
X-plane 11.41r2

Co-Pilot working nicely here. I can confirm that flight control check checklist gets stuck before rudder pedals check. I got around to it by skipping it, to avoid a continuous loop on subsequent checklists. The response time can be shortened but not a big deal for testing.

PS: does this Beta work with BSS sound pack?

jcdp wrote:

Hi

I decided to change using RNAV approach and doing so I noticed that copilot activated "LS" … ?  why . this type of approach only uses satellites and no equipment on ground .

So I deactivated "LS" and activated "APPR" only … and even arriving with the correct mandatory altitude the aircraft is not guided to the runway …

Thanks for help .

jcdp

I think that RNAV is only a flight and approach (or departure) system and finally linked to an ILS landing system for an autoland. RNAV only dont land, it need an ILS for put the plane at ground.

ComRPM wrote:
jcdp wrote:

Hi

Thanks for help .

jcdp

I think that RNAV is only a flight and approach (or departure) system and finally linked to an ILS landing system for an autoland. RNAV only dont land, it need an ILS for put the plane at ground.

Hi
Thanks for your answer
But now RNAV landing replaces more and more ILS landing . Main reason is "less expensive cost for installation and maintenance" than ILS equipment on ground …

This is a quite different landing possibility than ILS

See : https://www.quora.com/What-is-an-RNAV-a … S-approach

That is near future

It only uses satellites , nothing on ground …

And this is also the reason of my comment about A330 beta with copilot . (RNAV landing works fine with version without copilot) .

jcdp

I7 5930k @ 3,5Ghz , 32 Go Ram, NVidia 970 4Go , W10 64 bits, SSD 500Go , HD 3To
Moniteur Acer K242HQK (3840x2160)
CH Products : Flight Sim Yoke , Pro pedals
X-plane 11.41r2

chris.palfreyman wrote:

I just completed my first flight with Lynda and overall I'm very impressed, I will post something to the FB page later.

I found the set up to be very easy, just two buttons needed to make it work.

I would suggest that you recommend users to have a printed .PDF file with all commands and responses. I have a one sheet Airbus checklist and this made it very easy to issue commands and to predict the responses.

Small issues:

1. The read-back got stuck in a loop repeating commands in two checklists, after start and before take off.  I don't know why but it exited the loop after a few annoying minutes. :-) NOTE: THE LOOP HAPPENS BECAUSE THE F/O NEVER COMPLETES THE FLIGHT CONTROL CHECK. THERE WAS NO RUDDER CHECK....

2. I found the read-back text hard to read. Perhaps this could be put in a window or have a different colour background.

3. There's quite a delay between issuing a command and a response. This makes it seem like the command hasn't been heard when it had.

4. I did load the aircraft into 11.30 Beta afterwards just too see. The manipulators are not working properly, for example it was not possible to put the IRS's into NAV mode.

Great work guys though, this shows huge promise!

Kindest regards, Chris

Chris, there is a small omission of "endif" in the \execute\checklist\FlightControl.txt. The rudder pedals will be checked after adding a second endif at the bottom of that file, making the end look like below

say:Flight Control Check Completed
var:isFlightControlCheck=1
pos:ok
wait:2

endif:
endif:

Approach checklist never seems to be able to complete? She always says baro reference is not set, tried it as Standard, QNH and inHG, never seems to accept. Although, this may be another issue but the MCDU does not always seem to follow crossing restrictions, even when entered Vert Rev page, not sure why.

478/5000
Greetings to all, I just want to say something to the team of JarDesign, I'm super happy with the Copilot, it's a marvel, but if I wanted to give you a suggestion, in the commands allow the CHECK command, as the copilot executes a checklist, one can go saying CHECK, as it is in real life, that both the captain and the co-pilot check each other in all procedures and processes of a flight, this would give even more realism to the copilot, thanks

has anyone experienced an X-Plane A330 crash during flight with version 11.30b5 or 11.30b6 (Win or Mac) ?

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

itzblakebro wrote:

Approach checklist never seems to be able to complete? She always says baro reference is not set, tried it as Standard, QNH and inHG, never seems to accept.

I had the same issue on some of my flights.

I think it happens because the Co-pilot will check the inHg value and not the hPa (QNH) value. There is no 1:1 ratio between inHg and hPa. So it can happen that when you select a QNH of 1007 it can mean either 29.75, 29.76 or 29.77. If you select QNH 1007 and X-plane(?) sets it internally equal to 29.76 but the co-pilot expects 29.75, you cannot complete the approach checklist. Last flight i checked the exact inHg value and it worked fine.

Another problem:
During flight control check it will not detect the neutral position of the ailerons. Don't know why...:/
Does anyone else have this issue?

itzblakebro wrote:

Approach checklist never seems to be able to complete? She always says baro reference is not set, tried it as Standard, QNH and inHG, never seems to accept. Although, this may be another issue but the MCDU does not always seem to follow crossing restrictions, even when entered Vert Rev page, not sure why.

I have no problem in my configuration with Approach checklist, and I play every day flights. I fly every time with real weather, set QNH as required by ATC on transition level and Approach checklist accept them. Do you play with real weather or you manually set weather, there could be problem to input the right QNH?

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

I'll make circle fly over Europe with A330 beta3 with copilot  without any errors.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/4390/t/p1cu16p3dt1r35rgfqpodc2nl73.png Pictures from LittleNavmap tracking.
I'll enjoyed flying with copilot, with which the fly moves closer to the real feeling of sitting in the cabin and aid the co-pilot.

Thanks again for this products.

At the end I'll fell in love to LINDA wink

Darko24 wrote:

Thanks again for this products.

At the end I'll fell in love to LINDA wink

SAME !!

Will there be a way to disable it for people that use smartcopilot and fly with other real humans?

Hello,
I use WIN7 Prof in German. Unfortunately a voice control of the A330 is not possible. An error is displayed. Does the voice control of the A330 only work under Win10 ? Or is there a possibility with Win7 Prof ? Win7 Prof does not support English voice control only starting from Win7 ultimate

best regards
Udo