Topic: Need help for MAC push-pull tests.

As you know maybe, XP-10 not have native support of Right mouse click for plugins. As result i need build my own way to catch it.
`i just discuss some with Ben Supnik (LR) and change code for a330.

So, need test it. For this i prepare a very small test plugin. Please put it to some simple aircraft (example to Cessna 179), to Aircrafts/...Cessna172.../Plugins/Mouse/mac.xpl" as shown at screenshot and run XP10 with this aircraft.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p19s01tlg514o616h71tsd1pti5mn3.jpg

You should see some text over your mouse. Please click mouse Left and Right. The upper string should changed from "No one button clicked" to "Left button clicked". If this happen - method work. if not - unluck. If you are not see any text over mouse - wrong installation.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p19s01uai81l8g11g312jv19h11ggg6.jpg

Please post here -

if Worked - post "Worked", and attach log.txt file if it is possible"
if Not worked - please post "not work", and attach log.txt file if it is possible

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Mouse.zip 6.22 kb, 188 downloads since 2015-08-05 

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

2 (edited by captbullett 2015-08-06 00:41:20)

Re: Need help for MAC push-pull tests.

Good day,
Yes as a developer I think I can do I will start tomorrow, If, I need to contact Apple for some information on this if, unless you want me to test on Yosemite 10.10.4 then i can start now.

Since, this is the OS X that I have installed if i have to roll back to a OS X earlier than a 10.10 i just need to make sure the Apple store Knows so, I do get the pass for the roll back and everything goes well with the install of the old OS X . It is just standard OPS.
this roll- back only takes about 20 mins and I will be up and  running again for the test. 

I do have the aircraft and an Apple Magic Mouse and Blue tooth Keyboard which is stock with Apple products.

I will wait to here from you,
your friend ,
Brian
captbullett

Notes for test:

1) Just downloaded Mouse Zip.
2) Cessna 172P is the aircraft that is being used for aircraft .
3) On 10.10 Yosemite, 27" iMac with a Magic Mouse stock with the computer, this plug-in does not work.
4) If you need me to test on a earlier OS X I will start in the AM when I am more awake since, it takes just a little work to roll back the computer to the right OS X for the test but, can do. 
thank-you and have fun with your little one I just became an uncle again ...
B.
5) there just was an up-date of the beta version of XP to 10.40B7
6) added log.txt and retried test after up-dating to 10.40b7 and no it does not work.
#3 is the mac xpl file that JAR had me download to test , #2 is the XP log.txt , #1 is the XP cycle Dump.txt ...

J.A.Romanov wrote:

As you know maybe, XP-10 not have native support of Right mouse click for plugins. As result i need build my own way to catch it.
`i just discuss some with Ben Supnik (LR) and change code for a330.

So, need test it. For this i prepare a very small test plugin. Please put it to some simple aircraft (example to Cessna 179), to Aircrafts/...Cessna172.../Plugins/Mouse/mac.xpl" as shown at screenshot and run XP10 with this aircraft.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p19s01tlg514o616h71tsd1pti5mn3.jpg

You should see some text over your mouse. Please click mouse Left and Right. The upper string should changed from "No one button clicked" to "Left button clicked". If this happen - method work. if not - unluck. If you are not see any text over mouse - wrong installation.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p19s01uai81l8g11g312jv19h11ggg6.jpg

Please post here -

if Worked - post "Worked, MAC OS Maverick (or some another)"
if not worked - please post ("not work" and attach log.txt file if it is possible)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Cycle Dump.txt 25.62 kb, 258 downloads since 2015-08-05 

Attachment icon Log.txt 55.24 kb, 219 downloads since 2015-08-05 

Attachment icon mac.xpl 19.4 kb, 268 downloads since 2015-08-05 

3 (edited by AlexCohrs 2015-08-06 06:07:27)

Did *not* work. MAC OS Yosemite with Apple Trackpad.

Scrolling is okay, but left mouse button is not recognized. Log file attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 3.99 kb, 198 downloads since 2015-08-06 

4 (edited by Anterialis 2015-08-06 14:50:30)

WORKS.

My current system:
- iMac 27 late -13
- Stock bluetooth TrackPad and Keyboard
- Also Logitec G5 usb, connected at the same time (using mouse for precision and right/left clicking, and trackpad for multi gestures simultaneously)
- xPlane 10.36
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan beta 4)

Works fine, but it starts with Left Button clicked and not with No button clicked. Switching between left and right is shown, scrolling works too.

MacOs 10.10.4
X-Plane 10.40b7
Magic Mouse (Bluetooth) with MagicPrefs installed.

Well did a second test. Starts with restarting X-Plane. And loading the Cessna with Plug in. No recognition of left and right click anymore.

MacOs 10.10.4
X-Plane 10.40b7
Magic Mouse (Bluetooth) with MagicPrefs installed

log.txt attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 57.53 kb, 231 downloads since 2015-08-06 

Scrolling works, but neither left or right button works

OS 10.11
X-Plane 10.36
Magic Trackpad

Don't know how to upload log.txt

Well third test.

Loaded the Cessna fitted with the plugin directly with start up and plug-in doesn't work correctly. Loaded Cessna again and still not work. Then loading the A330 an again Cessna, plug in still doesn't work. Then loading Peter Hagers A319 and again Cessna and plug in suddenly just works fine. Loaded some other planes between and it still works fine.

But unfurtunatly I don't know why it won't work with direct start and after loading planes in between. Maybe there is something on the log.

MacOs 10.10.4
X-Plane 10.40b7

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 81.81 kb, 233 downloads since 2015-08-06 

good day,
is this the MagicPrefs installed you are talking about;

http://magicprefs.com/plugins/api/

captbullett

Homer.Simpson wrote:

Well third test.

Loaded the Cessna fitted with the plugin directly with start up and plug-in doesn't work correctly. Loaded Cessna again and still not work. Then loading the A330 an again Cessna, plug in still doesn't work. Then loading Peter Hagers A319 and again Cessna and plug in suddenly just works fine. Loaded some other planes between and it still works fine.

But unfurtunatly I don't know why it won't work with direct start and after loading planes in between. Maybe there is something on the log.

MacOs 10.10.4
X-Plane 10.40b7

Ok. I am change some part of code. Thats new for trying. Please delete old and put to Aircrafts/...Cessna172.../Plugins/Mouse/ this new mac.xpl file

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mac.xpl 19.52 kb, 262 downloads since 2015-08-06 

What new mac.xpl file?

Sierra 10.13.6 - 4.5 GHz i7 - Retina 5120 x 2880 - 16 GB - Radeon Pro 580 8 GB - X-Plane 11 - Ravcore Javelin - 767 FF - 777 FF - 787 Dreamliner - plugin tester Airbus A350 FF - A320Neo JD - A380 PH - A330 PH - alpha/beta tester A330 JD - CRJ200 - beta tester 747-8i SSG - IXEG 733 - EADT 737-800 v5 - 757 v2 FF - ZIBO 737-800 - SSG Embrear 195 - FF A320

it attached prev post! It try to improve push-pull work.

BTW, started XP again with this configured mouse plugin. At this second time it did not work! It said "left button clicked" and nothing happened when i clicked right button. I reloaded the plane and it worked again.

14 (edited by Anterialis 2015-08-06 17:40:03)

Hmm. With XP 10.40b7, I had noe problems with the push-pull and scroll functions. I just downgraded to 10.36 (which fixed the NAV mode problem), but now the scroll function is very bad.. in 10.40b7, one "scroll/click" on the scroll wheel translated into one "scroll/turn" on the knob on the AP panel, but now - with 10.36 - I have to scroll many times on my mouse before anything happens on the AP panel knob hmm And if I scroll faster on the mouse, I get a very big and fast turn on the AP knob on the panel. Anybody else that has noticed this?

EDIT: Push-pull still works well, as usual. But as mentioned, now scroll function is very bad....

15 (edited by captbullett 2015-08-06 20:35:04)

Good day,
you want this in the  Cessna 172 Plugin/mouse/ file i have it and will do
captbullett

Test results:

1)I have the .avi and made a quick movie of the test. i have to change computers to add to post. it is up-loading on the iMac and taking a min. well it did not up-load but the left click on the magic mouse worked and i will restart the XP app and see now if it still works because this is the norm where it stops working .

2) the re-start was a success and it worked on all parts, on the 172 and now you have a video that I was able to up-load also, I had to adjust the settings to make the file small enough to up-load the .avi file... but now the video does not show what it should .
captbullett

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Ok. I am change some part of code. Thats new for trying. Please delete old and put to Aircrafts/...Cessna172.../Plugins/Mouse/ this new mac.xpl file

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Cessna_172SP_2.avi 13.51 mb, 295 downloads since 2015-08-06 

Oh, finally there is a change with the second plugin!

MAC OS Yosemite with Apple Trackpad and X-Plane 10.40B6: Works!

To be precise: "Is mouse listen enabled=1", left click and right click recognized, scroll wheel recognized. MouseYNow and and MouseXNow is remaining =0, but I don't know if that is bothering you.

Alex

17 (edited by rajo 2015-08-08 00:35:12)

ok, but x/y koord always show -1

MacOs 10.10.4
X-Plane 10.40b7
Magic Mouse (Bluetooth) with BetterTouchTool installed

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 290.5 kb, 382 downloads since 2015-08-07 

iMacPro, xplane11, ToLiss A319/A321, FF A320/A350, JD A320/A330/AN148, Carenado DO228/B1900/PC12/SR22/BE35-REP/PA46, Alabeo M20R/C177, RW-Design DHC6/A330, dmax P92/Blackshape Prime, aerobask DA42/DA62/EA55, Heinz Comanche 250, JRollon CRJ200/F260-REP, STMA DA40/DHC3, xhangar DA20, FlyJSim Q400 Legacy, LES 340A, Thranda-Kodiak-Quest-REP

Good day,
thank-you for the info. on "BetterTouchTool" I went an installed it and it helped me on a number of issues I had with "magic- mouse"...
captbullett

rajo wrote:

ok, but x/y koord always show -1

MacOs 10.10.4
X-Plane 10.40b7
Magic Mouse (Bluetooth) with BetterTouchTool installed

Could people also report whether one click/roll with the scroll wheel translates into one registration? In other words, does one scroll wheel click change the scroll-number (0-360) in the plug in by one?

In my case, downgrading from 10.40b7 to 10.36, the scroll wheel behavior changed. In the beta it was perfect, one "roll" with the scroll wheel meant one turn on the FCU knob / mouse plug in number changed by one.