Topic: X-Life with X-Plane 11.50 airport crash workaround

I found a way to edit most airports (in fact, worked 100% on all airports I tried) where X-Life airport editor crashes.

I created a "standard" .xlf that I rename with the airport name (ex. UUYY.xlf) and edit file with a text editor.
The file includes :
- 4 nodes: node 0 for threshold 1, node 1 for reverse threshold (threshold 2), node 3 for runway vacated spot, node 4 for parking stand.
- 3 edges: edge 0 in for the runway and links node 0 and node 1, edge 1 links node 0 and node 3 for the hold area with 2,0,1 parameters (see attached file), edge 2 is a taxiway which links node 2 and node 3 with 2,0,0 parameters.
- 1 parking stand on node 3, i.e. same geo-coordinates.
- 2 runways: repeats QFU and coordinates of node 0 and node 1. WARNING: do not mix-up thresholds!

Replace all "<BLABLABLA...>" by appropriate values. Example :
- Runway thresholds: 12 and 30 (reverse)
- Geo-coordinates: 67.444885

WARNINGS:
1 - Make sure runway name (ex. "12/30") is consistent with the 2 runways: 12 and 30.
2 - All coordinates are extracted from Google Earth configured in decimal mode (not degrees, minutes, seconds of angles).
3 - Beware that coordinates are in NORTH and EAST, so NORTH and EAST are positive decimal numbers and SOUTH or WEST are negative numbers.
4 - Always download and install the gateway.x-plane scenery into X-Plane before start. For a reason I do not understand, the default X-Plane scenery usually will lead to X-Life airport (and X-Plane) crash.

NOTE: don't bother with taxiway nodes defined on the grass or in the forest instead of concrete. Once the airport editor is loaded, you will be able to change everything.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon #### MINIMUM RUNWAY ONE GATE ####.xlf 723 b, 143 downloads since 2020-12-19 

Re: X-Life with X-Plane 11.50 airport crash workaround

I better, perhaps, shall keep silent