Topic: X-Life ATC Vectoring

I've done a handful of flights with ATC in X-Life, and I really enjoy the life this plugin brings to the sim even though it has its quirks.

There are some things that seem off when it comes to ATC vectoring in X-Life

ATC in real life usually give vector headings in multiples of five. For example heading 123 would be rounded up to heading 125, and heading 182 would be rounded down to heading 180, and so on.

Secondly real life ATC usually say all three digits in a vector heading separately. For example heading 010 becomes "Zero One Zero",  and heading 195 becomes "One Niner Five", and so on.

Lastly the word "degrees" is not needed to be said after a vector heading. It's most of the time simplified like so: "turn left heading One Niner Five"

Version used: X-LIFE Deluxe Traffic / ATC by JARDesign Group v.4.29_241021

Re: X-Life ATC Vectoring

This improvements may be used for next version. Thank you!

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

I really appreciate that you're considering doing that change as it will improve the experience tenfold!

If you don't mind I got a couple more things:

I noticed a thing that's off with X-Life clearance delivery. They only say "Correct." after readback is done. The common way to say it is "Readback correct."

And a little bug I think I have found: When QNH is given on the descent the X-Life ATC reads for example QNH 1013 like this "Quebec November Hotel one thousand and thirteen", instead of "Q N H  One Zero One Three" as X-Life ATC do other times.

The next one regarding frequencies would probably require more work, but as you probably know "point" is only used in North America: "123.45" = "one two three POINT four five", and "decimal" is used extensively in Europe and probably in the rest of the world ("123.45" = "one two three DECIMAL four five")

That's all for now, I think!

Recreation wrote:

I really appreciate that you're considering doing that change as it will improve the experience tenfold!

If you don't mind I got a couple more things:

I noticed a thing that's off with X-Life clearance delivery. They only say "Correct." after readback is done. The common way to say it is "Readback correct."

And a little bug I think I have found: When QNH is given on the descent the X-Life ATC reads for example QNH 1013 like this "Quebec November Hotel one thousand and thirteen", instead of "Q N H  One Zero One Three" as X-Life ATC do other times.

The next one regarding frequencies would probably require more work, but as you probably know "point" is only used in North America: "123.45" = "one two three POINT four five", and "decimal" is used extensively in Europe and probably in the rest of the world ("123.45" = "one two three DECIMAL four five")

That's all for now, I think!

Thanks. Useful ideas!

look like all ideas above was included into version 4.30

It was not published, need to test it a little time before.
But you may take updated .xpl files here (attached)

look like all ideas above was included into version 4.30

It was not published, need to test it a little time before.
But you may take updated .xpl files here (attached)

Unpack ZIP and place .xpl files to X-Life folder.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 4_30_update.zip 1.42 mb, 71 downloads since 2022-05-13 

I did not expect all of that to be in X-Life that fast. I will gladly download and test it myself too. Thank you for the efforts!

8 (edited by Recreation 2022-05-13 19:29:21)

I did a test flight from ENGM to ESGG and here are some things I noticed:

Tower Control "Line up and wait"
The way X-Life says "line up and wait" sounds a little broken up when it's said like this:
"ABC 123, GARDERMOEN Tower, line up runway 19R, and wait"

A better phrasing would be to combine "line up and wait" which is more common:
"ABC 123, GARDERMOEN Tower, line up and wait, runway 19R"

Approach Control ATIS Phrasing
When given the "Wrong ATIS information" message by the approach controller it spells out "A T I S" instead of simply saying "ATIS". This is probably a limitation of the text to speech, but for example if you give text to speech "a-tis" then it's spoken as expected. Just tested it on Windows in my browser here.

Request Vector Sends Me Back To Initial Fix
When requesting vectoring while being well within in a STAR they vector the aircraft back to the initial arrival fix for the STAR instead of vectoring the aircraft from the present position and onwards to the runway. Often times I like to fly the STAR and then at the end begin vectoring.
The way I get around it now is by doing a "resume own navigation" and then do another "request vectoring" to get vectored from present position.

Phrasing of Vector Headings
Saying each digit in a vector heading is common IRL. So for example for heading 135 ATC would say "One Three Five".
Currently X-Life is saying "one hundred and thirty five"

NONAME Taxi Instructions
In a taxi clearance at ESGG I was given "NONAME": C,Y,K,NONAME,APRON,NONAME
NONAME makes little sense, but I can see how it's possibly from the airport scenery data.
How about filtering out NONAME from taxi instructions: C,Y,K,APRON
It would be more clear. I have seen NONAME appear at other airports, I think EHAM maybe?
Either way being given what are actually taxiway names is of course preferable.

That's all I got of abnormalities from that flight. Again, thank you for the update!

Recreation wrote:

Tower Control "Line up and wait"
The way X-Life says "line up and wait" sounds a little broken up when it's said like this:
"ABC 123, GARDERMOEN Tower, line up runway 19R, and wait"

A better phrasing would be to combine "line up and wait" which is more common:
"ABC 123, GARDERMOEN Tower, line up and wait, runway 19R"

Approach Control ATIS Phrasing
When given the "Wrong ATIS information" message by the approach controller it spells out "A T I S" instead of simply saying "ATIS". This is probably a limitation of the text to speech, but for example if you give text to speech "a-tis" then it's spoken as expected. Just tested it on Windows in my browser here.

Phrasing of Vector Headings
Saying each digit in a vector heading is common IRL. So for example for heading 135 ATC would say "One Three Five".
Currently X-Life is saying "one hundred and thirty five"

NONAME Taxi Instructions
In a taxi clearance at ESGG I was given "NONAME": C,Y,K,NONAME,APRON,NONAME
NONAME makes little sense, but I can see how it's possibly from the airport scenery data.
How about filtering out NONAME from taxi instructions: C,Y,K,APRON
It would be more clear. I have seen NONAME appear at other airports, I think EHAM maybe?
Either way being given what are actually taxiway names is of course preferable.

Thanks! Will take this in account!

Recreation wrote:

Request Vector Sends Me Back To Initial Fix
When requesting vectoring while being well within in a STAR they vector the aircraft back to the initial arrival fix for the STAR instead of vectoring the aircraft from the present position and onwards to the runway. Often times I like to fly the STAR and then at the end begin vectoring.
The way I get around it now is by doing a "resume own navigation" and then do another "request vectoring" to get vectored from present position.

This can not be done with easy way. I Will think about it.

So, updated files:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 4_30_140522.zip 1.42 mb, 67 downloads since 2022-05-14 

This can not be done with easy way. I Will think about it.

Yeah, maybe you could add a second option "Request Vectors to Runway" or "Request Vectors to ILS" that disregards the entire flightplan, and vectors from aircrafts present position? The only risk then is mountains.

Will test the latest build of X-Life, thank you!

11 (edited by Recreation 2022-05-15 11:08:35)

So here are my notes from recent test flights in X-LIFE Deluxe Traffic / ATC v.4.30_140522

Departure Radio Check Readback Not Needed
"LANDVETTER Delivery, hello, ABC123, Radiocheck 121.675"
"ABC123, LANDVETTER Delivery, hello, reading you five by five"

Usually radiochecks are not read back so this readback call can be removed:
"Reading you five by five, ABC123"

Hold Short Phrasing
X-Life ATC says: "ABC123, LANDVETTER Ground, taxi to holding short runway 21, via NONAME,APRON,F,Z,Y"
A more common phrasing would be "ABC123, LANDVETTER Ground, taxi to and hold short runway 21, via NONAME,APRON,F,Z,Y"

To expand on this if there is a specific holding point before a runway then by ICAO/EU standards it would be:
"ABC123, LANDVETTER Ground, taxi to holding point N3 runway 36, via..."

But the simple solution is to go with "Taxi to and hold short runway 21, via..."

Extra Space Character?
Looks like there are two spaces in the towers line up text?
Spaces marked with underscore: "line up__and wait"
Instead of just "line up and wait"

Full Names in Taxi Clearance
I mentioned NONAME earlier and this is obviously never going to be a valid taxiway name.
But if there are other names like APRON, N-NORTH (at EDDF), etc then these are spelled out phonetically which becomes lengthy and unnatural.
APRON spelled out phonetically ALPHA PAPA ROMEO OSCAR NOVEMBER...

This will require more filtering by X-Life:

• Taxiways containing a Letter + (optional number) are read phonetically: "Y3" becomes "Yankee Three"

• N-NORTH would be read "November NORTH"

• APRON simply read as "APRON" etc...

Missing Assigned Altitude On Initial Contact
During climb in X-Life:
"Copenhagen Center, ABC123, Flight Level 196"
"ABC123, Copenhagen Center, radar contact, Climb to FL 240"

Example of better pilot phrasing that includes assigned altitude:
"Copenhagen Center, ABC123, passing FL196 climbing FL240"
"ABC123, Copenhagen Center, radar contact, Climb FL 240"
"Climb FL 240, ABC123"

Also note that "Climb to FL 210" can be simplified "Climb FL 210"
Same as with "Descend to FL 210" can be simplified "Descend FL 210"
It's more clear since the word "to" sounds like 2 also.
Also common practice.

Tidy Up Text
I've noticed "Flight Level" and "FL" is used inconsistently throughout.
Keeping it strictly to either "FL" or "Flight Level" would look more tidy.

Sometimes brackets show up around numbers for some reason: [123]

Separate The Digits In Speed Values
A speed restriction for example of "250 knots" should be spelled out "Two Five Zero knots"
"Reduce speed Two Five Zero knots"

Approach Controller QNH
The QNH bug with the approach controller is still there.
ATC says: "Quebec November Hotel one thousand and eight" instead of spelling it out "Q N H One Zero Zero Eight" like it should.

ATIS Information Not Updated
ATIS for arrival airport seem to not update. I noticed this because most times the QNH given by the approach controller does not match what's on the ATIS page.

Model Mismatch
I've downloaded all the recommended CSL models, and there's an ATR72 with turboprop sound that uses the visual model of an Airbus. I've encountered this aircraft couple of times so it is a repeating bug.

That was all for now!

work on it

13 (edited by Recreation 2022-05-17 10:49:35)

Great!

Btw, if you're looking into the taxiway names with NONAME, APRON, etc, I just wanted to add this taxi clearance I got at airport LIRN: "non,APRON,TS,G". As you can see "non" is another undefined name that's similar to NONAME.

Also note that two taxiways can be used in a single name for example "TS" ("Tango Sierra")

Or even have a number appended to it like "TN3" ("Tango November Three")

Here's a screenshot of LIRN airport info showcasing a variety of taxiway names:
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/13300/t/p1g38op0uo1dsrl94qcc1g71c6h3.jpg

Just thought I'd mention it if it is of any help!

Edit:
Something I thought about is that a taxi to runway clearance like "non,APRON,TS,G" could be shortened down to "TS,G" since APRON is not really a taxiway. I think it would work for most airports, not sure.

Recreation wrote:

So here are my notes from recent test flights in X-LIFE Deluxe Traffic / ATC v.4.30_140522

Departure Radio Check Readback Not Needed
"LANDVETTER Delivery, hello, ABC123, Radiocheck 121.675"
"ABC123, LANDVETTER Delivery, hello, reading you five by five"

Usually radiochecks are not read back so this readback call can be removed:
"Reading you five by five, ABC123"

Hold Short Phrasing
X-Life ATC says: "ABC123, LANDVETTER Ground, taxi to holding short runway 21, via NONAME,APRON,F,Z,Y"
A more common phrasing would be "ABC123, LANDVETTER Ground, taxi to and hold short runway 21, via NONAME,APRON,F,Z,Y"

To expand on this if there is a specific holding point before a runway then by ICAO/EU standards it would be:
"ABC123, LANDVETTER Ground, taxi to holding point N3 runway 36, via..."

But the simple solution is to go with "Taxi to and hold short runway 21, via..."

Extra Space Character?
Looks like there are two spaces in the towers line up text?
Spaces marked with underscore: "line up__and wait"
Instead of just "line up and wait"

Full Names in Taxi Clearance
I mentioned NONAME earlier and this is obviously never going to be a valid taxiway name.
But if there are other names like APRON, N-NORTH (at EDDF), etc then these are spelled out phonetically which becomes lengthy and unnatural.
APRON spelled out phonetically ALPHA PAPA ROMEO OSCAR NOVEMBER...

This will require more filtering by X-Life:

• Taxiways containing a Letter + (optional number) are read phonetically: "Y3" becomes "Yankee Three"

• N-NORTH would be read "November NORTH"

• APRON simply read as "APRON" etc...

Missing Assigned Altitude On Initial Contact
During climb in X-Life:
"Copenhagen Center, ABC123, Flight Level 196"
"ABC123, Copenhagen Center, radar contact, Climb to FL 240"

Example of better pilot phrasing that includes assigned altitude:
"Copenhagen Center, ABC123, passing FL196 climbing FL240"
"ABC123, Copenhagen Center, radar contact, Climb FL 240"
"Climb FL 240, ABC123"

Also note that "Climb to FL 210" can be simplified "Climb FL 210"
Same as with "Descend to FL 210" can be simplified "Descend FL 210"
It's more clear since the word "to" sounds like 2 also.
Also common practice.

Tidy Up Text
I've noticed "Flight Level" and "FL" is used inconsistently throughout.
Keeping it strictly to either "FL" or "Flight Level" would look more tidy.

Sometimes brackets show up around numbers for some reason: [123]

Separate The Digits In Speed Values
A speed restriction for example of "250 knots" should be spelled out "Two Five Zero knots"
"Reduce speed Two Five Zero knots"

Approach Controller QNH
The QNH bug with the approach controller is still there.
ATC says: "Quebec November Hotel one thousand and eight" instead of spelling it out "Q N H One Zero Zero Eight" like it should.

That was all for now!

Mostly fixed/improved

Recreation wrote:

ATIS Information Not Updated
ATIS for arrival airport seem to not update. I noticed this because most times the QNH given by the approach controller does not match what's on the ATIS page.

Model Mismatch
I've downloaded all the recommended CSL models, and there's an ATR72 with turboprop sound that uses the visual model of an Airbus. I've encountered this aircraft couple of times so it is a repeating bug.

That was all for now!

can't improve this time

So, updated files attached, please.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 4.30_180522.zip 1.43 mb, 60 downloads since 2022-05-20 

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to try it!

Hello again,

First off, I like the improvements so far and things are starting to flow a lot better!

As before here are the notes I made during my flights with X-Life v.4.30_180522

Clearance Delivery Request
X-Life now:
Pilot: "LECH WALESA Delivery, ABC123, Stand 23, A320, with information Delta, QNH [1008], request clearance"

Remove brackets around QNH value "QNH [1008]"

Destination is missing from clearance request. Instead of just saying "request clearance" it's common to add the destination name "requesting clearance to KOSICE", or the ICAO code "requesting clearance to LZKZ".

Here's a version with the changes:
"LECH WALESA Delivery, ABC123, Stand 23, A320, with information Delta, QNH 1008, requesting clearance to KOSICE"

Taxi Clearance From Ground
Ground: "ABC123, LECH WALESA Ground, taxi to holding short runway 29, via ,A4,A3,A2,A1"

Hold short phrasing:
"taxi to and hold short runway 29"

Extra Comma In Taxi Route:
"via ,A4,A3,A2,A1"
Without extra comma: "via A4,A3,A2,A1"

Corrected version:
Ground: "ABC123, LECH WALESA Ground, taxi to and hold short runway 29, via A4,A3,A2,A1"

Ground And Tower Sequencing Improvements
First off, it's common to get a handoff from ground to tower while taxiing or getting close to the departure runway:
Ground: "ABC123, Contact LECH WALESA Tower, 118.105"
Pilot: "Contact LECH WALESA Tower, 118.105, ABC123"

Then the next option would be to request takeoff clearance from tower as in SAY "Request Takeoff Clearance":
Pilot: "LECH WALESA Tower, ABC123, ready for departure, runway 29"
ATC: "ABC123, runway 29, cleared takeoff, wind 250 degrees at 9 knots"
Pilot: "Cleared takeoff, runway 29"

The reason why the pilot should say "ready for departure" instead of "ready for takeoff" is to make it clear that the pilot has not yet received a takeoff clearance to avoid confusion. Just good practice.

"Lining up and wait" Sounds A Little Broken
Pilot: "Lining up and wait runway 29, ABC123"

Better phrasing:
Pilot: "Line up and wait runway 29, ABC123"

Initial Contact On Departure
Pilot: "LECH WALESA Approach, ABC123, IRLU2H departure, passing 1800 feet, climbing to 10400 feet"

The assigned altitude was FL 85 so it should have been "climbing FL 85". Not sure why I got 10400 feet. This altitude was also used as the assigned altitude on initial contact with approach. Possible bug?

Also note that "to" can be removed in "climbing to FL 85":
"climbing FL 85"

Complete with changes:
Pilot: "LECH WALESA Approach, ABC123, IRLU2H departure, passing 1800 feet, climbing FL 85"

Initial Contact With Center
Remove brackets around altitudes:
"Warszawa Center, ABC123, passing FL [371], climbing FL [390]"

With brackets removed:
"Warszawa Center, ABC123, passing FL 371, climbing FL 390"

And for consistency the altitude in the pilots readback should be separated with a space like so "FL 390".
Currently it is:
Pilot: "Climb FL370, ABC123"

With space betweeN FL and 370:
Pilot: "Climb FL 370, ABC123"

More cases with missing space between FL and altitude:
Report TOD readback;
Pilot: "Pilot's Discretion Descending FL130, expect RAZE1L arrival, Runway 01, ABC123"

Initial contact with approach:
Pilot: "KOSICE Approach, ABC123, FL180, descending FL130..."

Approach clearance readback:
Pilot: "Descending to 2500 feet, QNH 1010, transition level FL100, ABC123"

Initial Contact With Approach
Current X-Life call:
Pilot: "KOSICE Approach, ABC123, FL 180, descending FL 130, information Victor on board"

Include "passing" for the current altitude:
Pilot: "passing FL 180, descending FL 130"

Use "with Information" instead of "on board"
"with information Victor"

Complete with changes:
Pilot: "KOSICE Approach, ABC123, passing FL 180, descending FL 130, with information Victor"

Descent Clearance From Approach
X-Life now:
Approach: "ABC123, Descend to 2700 feet, QNH 1013, transition level FL 100"
Pilot: "Descending to 2700 feet, QNH [1012], transition level FL100, ABC123"

Simplify descend phrasing by removing "to":
Approach: "Descend 2700 feet"
Pilot: "Descend 2700 feet"

Remove brackets around QNH:
Pilot: "QNH [1012]"

Complete with changes:
Approach: "ABC123, Descend 2700 feet, QNH 1013, transition level FL 100"
Pilot: "Descend 2700 feet, QNH 1012, transition level FL 100, ABC123"

Reduce Speed Readback
Approach: "ABC123, Reduce speed 2 5 0 knots"
Pilot: "Roger, ABC123"

Should be read back:
Pilot: "Reduce speed 2 5 0 knots"

Wrong Tower Frequency In Readback
X-Life now:
Approach: "ABC123, contact Tower 120.400"
Pilot: "123.45, ABC123"

Should've been:
Pilot: "Contact tower 120.400, ABC123"

Initial Tower Call "With You"
The phrase "with you" is normally not used with the tower controller:
Pilot: "KOSICE Tower, ABC123 with you, ILS approach runway 01"

Instead say:
Pilot: "KOSICE Tower, ABC123, ILS approach runway 01"

VOR Approach
ATC: "ABC123, cleared for VOR approach runway 19, report established"
"VOR" should be said spelled out "V O R" instead of said as a word, maybe a limitation by text-to-speech.

Handoff To Ground And Readback Text Missing
X-Life now:
Tower: "ABC123, take taxiway F, when vacated contact Ground 118.350"

After this message X-Life only gives the option to say "Wilco", and the pilot readback text is missing.
Replace "Wilco" with "Readback", and the readback text would be something like:
"Taxiway F, and over to Ground 118.350, ABC123"

Recreation wrote:

Ground And Tower Sequencing Improvements
First off, it's common to get a handoff from ground to tower while taxiing or getting close to the departure runway:
Ground: "ABC123, Contact LECH WALESA Tower, 118.105"
Pilot: "Contact LECH WALESA Tower, 118.105, ABC123"

This part was not changed for now (will think about this later).
Other things - reworked. Thank you!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mac.xpl 1.46 mb, 58 downloads since 2022-05-26 

Attachment icon win.xpl 2.06 mb, 63 downloads since 2022-05-26 

This part was not changed for now (will think about this later).

No worries, I think having that hand off would make it more clear who to communicate with during ground and tower coms.

And as always I'm looking forward to test fly the build! Excellent, thanks!

19 (edited by Recreation 2022-05-27 16:48:45)

After a few flights I've generated some notes and here they are:

ATIS Weather Information Extra Characters
There are some extra characters here that I marked in red:

DEPARTURE AIRPORT INFO:
EPGD info Yankee. RW in use (TO):RW29 (LDG):RW29 Trans.Lvl: 6500 ft.
Wind: from the W (260 degrees) at 17 MPH (15 KT):0,
Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s):0, Sky Conditions: partly cloudy,
Temperature: 59 F (15 C), Pressure (altimeter): 29.83 in. Hg (1010 hPa)

ARRIVAL AIRPORT INFO:
LZKZ info Yankee. RW in use (TO):RW19 (LDG):RW19 Trans.Lvl: 10000 ft.
Wind: from the SW (230 degrees) at 12 MPH (10KT) (direction variable):0,
Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s):0,
Temperature: 71 F (22 C), Pressure (altimeter): 30.06 in. Hg (1018 hPa)

Flightplans Without Departures
The "via departure" part can be removed when there is no SID in the flightplan.

X-Life now:
Delivery: "ABC123, FIUMICINO Delivery, Cleared to SESTRI, Runway 07, via  departure"
Delivery: "Initial Altitude 8000 feet, Squawk 1474"
Pilot: "Cleared to SESTRI, Runway 07, via , Initial Alt 8000, Squawk 1474, ABC123"

Corrected version without "via departure":
Delivery: "ABC123, FIUMICINO Delivery, Cleared to SESTRI, Runway 07"
Delivery: "Initial Altitude 8000 feet, Squawk 1474"
Pilot: "Cleared to SESTRI, Runway 07, Initial Alt 8000, Squawk 1474, ABC123"

Missing Readback Text
Delivery: "Readback correct. Contact Ground on 118.350 when Ready for push and start"
Pilot: <readback text is missing>

Extra Comma
Request Clearance: "ISTANBUL Delivery, ABC123, Stand K52, A306, with information Kilo,"

Readback Missing
Delivery: "ABC123, Contact LECH WALESA Ground, 118.350"

Corrected:
Delivery: "ABC123, Contact LECH WALESA Ground, 118.350"
Pilot: "Ground on 118.350, ABC123"

Runway Names as Taxiway Name
X-Life now (at LIRF, Italy):
Ground: "ABC123, FIUMICINO Ground, taxi to and hold short runway 07, via Y,Z,M,Z,25/07"

Corrected by removing "25/07":
Ground: "ABC123, FIUMICINO Ground, taxi to and hold short runway 07, via Y,Z,M,Z"

Here's another example (at LIJM, Italy) where a runway name is a taxiway name:
Tower: "ABC123, take taxiway 10/28, when vacated contact Ground 118.600"
Pilot: "Taxiway 10/28 and over to Ground 118.600, ABC123"

If "10/28" is removed then we're left with no taxiway in this case. Then maybe transmit this message if tower can't find a taxiway to vacate on:
Tower: "ABC123, vacate runway when able, when vacated contact Ground 118.600"
Pilot: "Vacate runway when able, and over to Ground 118.600, ABC123"

Extra Comma
Ground: "ABC123, LECH WALESA Ground, taxi to and hold short runway 29, via ,M,A5,A4,A3,A2,A1"
Could possibly be because an "APRON" taxiway was removed from the clearance? I think in some cases the comma is not there, not sure.

Timing On Next Altitude After Initial Altitude
When climbing to the initial altitude I often get the next altitude from ATC when I'm less than 1000 feet away from reaching the assigned altitude. At that point the auto throttle spools the engines down as the aircraft levels off at the assigned altitude. It would be nice if the next altitude from ATC could come a little earlier maybe 2000 feet before reaching target altitude. That way it would be a continuous climb without interruption.

Request Cruise Flight Level Change
X-Life now:
SAY [ 350 ] [ Request change Cruize FL: ]
Pilot: "Request Cruize Flight Level change 350, ABC123"
Center: "ABC123, Warsawa Center, Descend FL 350"

Cruize is spelled "Cruise", and there's no need for center to say who is calling at this point as the contact is already established.

Corrected version:
SAY [ 350 ] [ Request Cruise Flight Level Change: ] <- rephrased
Pilot: "Request FL 350, ABC123" <- simplified
Center: "ABC123, Descend FL 350" <- without caller "Warsawa Center"

Altitude Change Message Repeat
When requesting cruise flight level change ATC repeats the following until altitude is reached:
Center: "ABC123, Descend FL 310"
Pilot: "Descend FL 310, ABC123"

Would be nice if this message is only transmitted once.
However if the aircraft is not descending/climbing to altitude then say "ABC123, Descend FL 310"

TOD Phrase
X-Life now:
Pilot: "Ready for Descend, ABC123"

To descend is a verb, and a descent is a noun: "Ready to Descend" or "Ready for Descent".

But it's more clear to say:
Pilot: "ABC123, Requesting descent"

When Aircraft Is Flying Level At Assigned Altitude
X-Life now:
Pilot: "KOSICE Approach, ABC123, passing FL 120, descending FL 120, information Delta"
Approach: "ABC123, Identified, expect RAZE1L arrival, VOR approach Runway 19, descend FL 110"

In this case the aircraft was at the target altitude and not climbing or descending.
If the aircraft is maintaining the assigned altitude then saying "FL 120" is enough:
Pilot: "KOSICE Approach, ABC123, FL 120, information Delta"

Another example:
Pilot: "SESTRI Approach, ABC123, passing FL 100, descending FL 100, information Romeo"

Corrected version reporting that the aircraft is level and maintaining the altitude:
Pilot: "SESTRI Approach, ABC123, FL 100, information Romeo"

Reduce Speed Is Repeated
Right now this communication is repeated until aircraft speed is at or below 250 knots:
Approach: "ABC123, Reduce speed 2 5 0 knots"
Pilot: "Reduce speed 2 5 0 knots, ABC123"

Would be nice if the message is not repeated if the aircraft is decelerating (reducing speed)

Go Around Transmission
X-Life now:
Pilot: "Going Around, ABC123"
Tower: "ABC123, Climb to 2500 feet. Contact SESTRI Approach on 136.120"
Pilot: "Climbing to 2500 feet. Contact Approach 136.120, ABC123"
Pilot: "SESTRI Approach, ABC123, Going Around, Climbing to 2500 feet, ABC123"
Approach: "ABC123, Climb and maintain 2500 feet. Execute missed approach procedure."
Approach: "Expect Visual approach Runway 10, Request approach clearance."
Pilot: "ABC123, Climbing and maintain 2500 feet. Will request approach clearance, ABC123"

Remove "to" before altitudes in these lines:
Tower: "ABC123, Climb to 2500 feet. Contact SESTRI Approach on 136.120"
Pilot: "Climbing to 2500 feet. Contact Approach 136.120, ABC123"

Corrected:
Tower: "ABC123, Climb 2500 feet. Contact SESTRI Approach on 136.120"
Pilot: "Climbing 2500 feet. Contact Approach 136.120, ABC123"

On initial contact with approach remove the duplicate "ABC123":

Corrected:
Pilot: "SESTRI Approach, ABC123, Going Around, Climbing to 2500 feet"

Remove the duplicate "ABC123":
Pilot: "ABC123, Climbing and maintain 2500 feet. Will request approach clearance, ABC123"

Corrected:
Pilot: "Climbing and maintain 2500 feet. Will request approach clearance, ABC123"

"Climbing and maintain" sounds broken. Instead say "Climb and maintain"

Vectoring Instructions
Remove brackets from headings in pilot readback:
Pilot: "Heading [095], ABC123"

Corrected:
Pilot: "Heading 095, ABC123"

No need to repeat heading instruction when:
- Aircraft is already on correct heading
- Same heading has already been given in last ATC transmission:

X-Life now:
Approach: "Fly Heading 095 to KALMO"
Approach: "ABC123, Fly Heading 095, climb to 16200"

Corrected:
Approach: "ABC123, climb 16200"

The same goes for repeated altitude instructions.

Also note that "to" can be removed in:

Corrected:
Approach: "ABC123, Fly Heading 095, climb 16200"

Currently the pilot does not read back altitude during vectoring:
Pilot: "Heading [095], ABC123" <- missing altitude

Corrected version with all changes applied:
Approach: "ABC123, climb 16200"
Pilot: "Climb 16200, ABC123"

Tower Hand Off To Tower Bug
When on a go around and getting vectored by the tower back to the runway, I got a hand off from tower to contact tower. No need to contact tower when already communicating with the tower.
In order to contact tower I had to switch to a different controller first, and then back to tower again.

Filter Out Repeating Taxiway Names
There are repeating duplicate delta "D" taxiways in this clearance:
Ground: "ABC123, Taxi to 508 via DG,TWY,D,D,CL,C,B,N,NG,G,NW"

Also "TWY" is not a taxiway name, I doubt it ever will be a valid taxiway name.

Shortened and corrected version:
Ground: "ABC123, Taxi to 508 via DG,D,CL,C,B,N,NG,G,NW"

When Tuned To Wrong Controller Readback
Pilot: "KOSICE Tower, ABC123, runway 19 vacated"
Tower: "ABC123, Contact KOSICE Ground, 118.350"

Should've been read back instead of just saying "roger":
Pilot: "Contact KOSICE Ground, 118.350, ABC123"

Thanks, I will learn new inputs within few days. Look like already completed changes may be included into update.