Topic: Turn-Around State Locks Up Linda

I've noticed that after completing a flight and doing the shutdown procedure (turn-around state), Linda gets stuck if the shutdown checklist is not done. I leave the IRS ON. So i don't complete all her checklists. Then when attempting to start the engines again for the turnaround, she gets stuck in a loop. I try to use the "all cmds abort" feature, which she responds to, but visually she is continuing to be stuck in a loop performing the shutdown procedure tasks. Has anyone noticed this? or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Turn-Around State Locks Up Linda

Noticed it too

Win 10, XP11

Is it possible to attach Log.txt file just after "she is continuing to be stuck in a loop performing the shutdown procedure tasks"? Need to catch and improve/fix this issue.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

4 (edited by AviationChris 2021-12-21 06:41:44)

OK, so I tried to replicate the flight again. This time from LPPR doing CCTs via RWY 17. Once I landed, I initiated an "after landing procedure", which Linda did perfectly. Approaching the gate, I started the APU and when parked set the parking brakes ON, fuel pumps OFF, Seat belts OFF, (cabin released), Doors Open and xponder to STby. Elec Pumps OFF, L/R packs AUTO, Anti-Collision Lights OFF and then start the 'Transit Shutdown" procedure. Linda does not have a "transit shutdown checklist/procedure", so I did this myself...

Master caution - clear
chocks - set
ISO Vale - Open
APU Bleed - ON (PAX disembarking)

I've noticed Linda is turning OFF the IRS when performing a shutdown checklist ... and this is unrealistic if a short turnaround (30 min) is done.

Also, on a small note, I've noticed Linda call "trim up" after takeoff departure, causing the autopilot to disengage.... and this is after I've used the CMD to get her to set the correct trim whilst at the gate. It happens occasionally ... so unsure what this is calling for?

== Transit Shutdown Checklist === (manually done, as Linda doesn't call for this)
APU Bleed - ON
Seat Belts - OFF
Probe Heat - OFF
L/R Packs - AUTO
APU Bleed - ON
Wheel Well Light - ON
Start Switches - OFF
Auto Brake - OFF
Flight Deck Door - Dis-Arm

NOTE: IRS NOT turned OFF (assuming short turn around), but Linda turned IRS OFF

=== next crew taking over - Turn-Around(short turn around) ===

GND PWR - connect
APU Bleed - OFF
APU - OFF
[PM starting the walk-around]

FMC - set ***** ---> at this point Linda is stuck in a shutdown procedure and in a loop .... continuously flicking through Start Switches, APU  GEN, ELC PUMPS, although not actually turning them, she is physically trying to touch them and stuck in a continuous loop.

Hope this helps. If I can assist with anything else, please let me know. Hopefully, the log file helps, and unsure if there is another log file for Linda that can provide further assistance.

Best regards,

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 16.44 mb, 79 downloads since 2021-12-21 

AviationChris wrote:

I've noticed that after completing a flight and doing the shutdown procedure (turn-around state), Linda gets stuck if the shutdown checklist is not done. I leave the IRS ON. So i don't complete all her checklists. Then when attempting to start the engines again for the turnaround, she gets stuck in a loop. I try to use the "all cmds abort" feature, which she responds to, but visually she is continuing to be stuck in a loop performing the shutdown procedure tasks. Has anyone noticed this? or am I doing something wrong?

Not to mention, if you want to review your landing using Xplanes recorded flight when you exit out Linda goes crazy and freaks out.