Re: Plan for future

rhpa23 wrote:

4. Support WEDs airline options on gates and parking stands
5. Fix: Big aircrafts in small airports issue. They cannot departure because the runway is too small. The result is a aborted takeoff and an runway locked.

+1

and

No heavy in small taxiway
Not to have redo entire xlf after a small apt update

102 (edited by ilankrt 2018-04-02 16:20:06)

I would like to dedicate the following image to all those who complain about missing traffic on the airports again and again. I counted  at LSGG where I am now starting my test flight - 8 airliner traffic on ground 1 landing and 1 in the air at same time...

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1ca3i7q5c1cmc1t20oq4100u1al84.jpg

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

Dear developper

I bought X-Life Deluxe some months ago and it is very nice.
Here's my wishlist which would make XL perfect for me:

• Make XL usable with XP 11.20. Since I upgraded to 11.20 XL is unusable for me. The fps drops to 15 fps. Before I have 40-50 fps

• If there are no dedicated routes at the airport, try to generate it by XL. (World Traffic can do this - so it must be possible)

• Is it not possible to generate airport routes, assign a gate/spot with the message for example "Taxi to Gate A77 on your own discretion".

• When I want fly from A to B it is VERY ANNOYING first check if A and B ist supported by XL. When not, first manualy search these files and download them. If there is no file for B I have to fly to C or I can't use XL.

• Please respect the airport flow. There are many sceneries with good airport flows but XL ignores them.

• When a landed aircraft leaves the runway I should line up. At the moment I have to wait until this aircraft has taxied to gate. (?)

• For example LSZH: When an aircraft landed on a runway ALL 3 runway are blocked until this aircraft taxied to the gate. Very unreal.

Thanks

104 (edited by brian.goodfellow@ua.pt 2018-04-04 12:59:06)

Hi,

I,ve noticed a bug - sometimes after take off planes end up at negative altitudes (see screen shot). They climb initially then head for the ground and end up at the negative altitude of where they probably should be.

Thanks.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 13.52.17.png 96.16 kb, 187 downloads since 2018-04-04 

105 (edited by ivota 2018-04-05 17:58:34)

Arrival:

- allow to change STAR for  active RWY

And another bug in 2.2r3
I made a flight from EHAM to EGKK.
From there I want to fly to EDDM.
After generating the flightplan, ATIS isn't showing info about EGKK.
And ATC is reacting as SCHIPHOL and not GATWICK.
THe runway is right but without a SID.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Schermafbeelding 2018-04-05 om 18.38.46.png 996.98 kb, 147 downloads since 2018-04-05 

Attachment icon Schermafbeelding 2018-04-05 om 18.40.03.png 1.01 mb, 124 downloads since 2018-04-05 

107 (edited by Devirex 2018-04-06 05:54:23)

Hi JAR,

first of all thanks for all improvements to X-Life, its really getting better and better with every update. My wishes are
1. Improvement of SID parsing or logic.

Very often there is no SID and you get message like xinfinite showed in his screenshot "Cleard to EDDM, via departure , Initial altitude ...". Seems like the right SID cannot be parsed from navdata or not found correctly. Also it could be that there is no SID for that runway or for first waypoint of route. Nice Feature if no SID is found would be:  "Cleared to EDDM, after start continue to <first Waypoint>, Initial altitude.." and give verctoring from atc after handover from tower to Approach when departing.

2. Improvement of STAR parsing and logic

Sometimes I get wrong STAR/Transistion for runway like in EDDF. "Arrival PSA07S , runway 25C in use" which is not possbile it should be "PSA25S, Runway 25C in use" or "PSA07S, runway 07C in use" , maybe ist just the handling of transitions which is wrong. Also it seems like there is no radomization of STARS were multiple are available. Only takes the first available STAR for a runway.

3. Facing instructions for pushpack

Just giving facing instructions which direction to push back "left" or "right" would be great.

Thanks and keep on going with your great work!
Devirex

108 (edited by annette-kuehnelt 2018-04-10 10:17:39)

Hi,

I will say thanks for this plugin, as well.

Will leave a small "wishlist" here:

- jetliner and turboprops get some groundservice (for GHD would be nice to have some more animation when loading and deloading, respectively you find a crew and they service aircraft after you got parking position from ATC according aircraft type/ some animated service staff and passengers) maybe unite of xlife - FMCar - GHD into one environment
- jets and Props get gateway docking
- ATC reflect traffic in user communication
- aircraft and environment get some more animation like smoke around tires when touchdown gear, water spray in wet conditions
- touchdown and departure more realistic movement of planes

I know it is like a "dream" but sometimes wishes comes true and xlife brings more life to XP.

Keep up the nice development.

Best wishes

My (maybe not so) humble wishlist for future versions of XL:

- multi-runway operations, make XL able to use more than one runway at once
- user-added airports available for ATC
- user-added airports available for everyone

Want to hear more about your plans!

111 (edited by Cudel 2018-06-06 19:39:52)

Hi,

When can we expect Native VR support ? The A320 already works pretty good in VR, almost everything is more or less working, only the sidestick and Throttle are not working at all... Im only flying in VR and its really sad to see my A320 dying in the hangar ....

When will we see VR support for X-Plane, is it a plan ?

If you need help with VR implementation, i know a Great guy who is an expert in adding VR support for X-Plane 11 Planes. His name is Joe Kipfer, he runs "SimVRLabs"  you can find him on Facebook or his website: simvrlabs.com

he could definitly help you if you need some help !

greetings from LSZH
Cudel

Hello,

I find your application really beautiful and practical. It is simple to use. I have a question. Would you be able to do the same thing with helicopters. Takeoff and landing on heliports? It would be really good because I fly helicopters and I feel alone in x-plane.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best regards.

Stéphane

Hey friend I have a problem, is that I appear airlines around the world except the local country

I use Pilot2ATC and anytime I take off I get an ATC popup window from X-Life Deluxe telling me to that I forgot to set up an ATC flight plan, which is very annoying. 

So I simply disable X-life Deluxe which defeats the purpose of having purchased it, in the first place, and updating it in the future.

I'll just continue to use Pilot2ATC as it is "light years" ahead of development compared to the ATC feature in X-Life Deluxe.

If I could turn off X-life Deluxe ATC yet keep the other goodies (Which I enjoyed immensely) in X-life Deluxe like the Radar and Info windows then that would be greatly appreciated.

- please add option to change manual STAR at arrival airport.
- add option no request check ATIS , I reccomend ATC will inform us what runway in use / QNH / TL and TA, also option request METAR at arrival airport
- welcome message when we arrival (taxi to apron)

1. A lot of times I have no idea witch way to pushback, in special big airports. Will it be grate if we can ask the ATC for pushback pattern.

2. After go around to be able to request a diferite runway.

3. Recently I was trying Pilot2ATC and i really like the idea of talking with the ATC. If you will be able to impliment in X-Life the talking option will be the best ATC plugin with traffic.

Cheers!

hi jar can we please have vfr traffic and atc

Please forgive me if my question is out of place.

I am new to the forum.

I would like to know if X-Life traffic use IATA codes at the gates so the appropriate airliner would taxi to the terminal and gate of the airliner company rather to just any gate? (Example: Delta airliner parked at American airliner gate)

Rthomas18

Rthomas81@nycap.rr.com

Any plans to do an Airbus 220 or Bombardier C300?

Hi,

Thanks for this absolut wonderful software

I don't know if actually it is still in developpement

But i would be great that without using the flighplan functionnality (I Use Pilot2ATC) only with traffic ii would be possible also to have traffic when landing at airport.

When enabled on the function at airport we coiuld see traffic, during flights, more or less we have trafic but at landing, airport are empty sad(

Thanks a lot and keep this top notch soft

Regards

Alexandre

FPS drop when updating.

X-Plane has a lot to load when starting.
many processes keep the game from getting a stabile frame in the first sequences of the game.

x-life updates its stuff exactly at this peak time, which is horrifying, since fps drop is not showing its cause.
10 minutes load for the game, 2 minutes additional for x-life, causing staggering frames when trying to push and start or take off with a heli: impossible!

i have asked laminar to put the user in control of such updating processes for non-primary processes or 3rd party products.

JAR could help by letting the user decide when products need update.

Thanks.

almdudler wrote:

FPS drop when updating.

X-Plane has a lot to load when starting.
many processes keep the game from getting a stabile frame in the first sequences of the game.

x-life updates its stuff exactly at this peak time, which is horrifying, since fps drop is not showing its cause.
10 minutes load for the game, 2 minutes additional for x-life, causing staggering frames when trying to push and start or take off with a heli: impossible!

i have asked laminar to put the user in control of such updating processes for non-primary processes or 3rd party products.

JAR could help by letting the user decide when products need update.

Thanks.

Honestly, are you probably using the "Commodore C64" computer?

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

Hi Evgeny,

You have an excellent basis to be the standard plugin for all x-plane users.
i like the traffic and the airport sound.
But mainly i anticipate your work as being the best choice for ATC over Laminar's own project, which they struggle with, obviously. I see you move ahead quickly and respond to users request with more flexibility. Hopefully you accept ideas for
content and visual design.

As you are asking for our wishes, and i think i am gonna thank you for that,
as there is indeed things all of us look into,
so let me provide a consolidated short list of the top-topics that i seek improvement for:

1. Nonstop ATC-voice chatter on all channels.
with current version of x-life, i see the traffic, but i hear nothing.

2. A.I. Voice must be more dominant. (louder, male/female variations, electronic background noise)

3. Approved Airports List should be changed into Approved Sections.
    This includes 1 major airport and all the small airports in the respective area.
     Why? i want to take off from a smaller airport with a GA-plane and still want to participate in the overall traffic scheme
     generated by a neigbour major hub. Or i even intend to fly from a smaller (non-approved) airport into a mega-hub.
      With current versions i must launch x-plane from a big airport only. This is so sad. big minus for x-life.

4. X-life seems not considering local roundtrips. G/A-planes, Seaplanes and Helicopters are not doing that kind of flightplan stuff like scheduled widebodies, nor they intend to fly by a given preplan. I want to take a helicopter and depart for a local flight, returning to same airport with no big adminstrative fuzz, but still being part of the overall traffic scheme.

5. traffic segments. from clearance to hold short on runway should be a closely accompanied process whereas appron, tower and ground services push in their messages to all participiants. Of course i should be able to hear them all if on the respective frequency.

6. Current version is a bit static. Overflying an airport (crossing TMA or CTR) seems not even included.

7. Please work on a General Aviation Logic that allows me to define circuits for smaller airplanes and helicopters.
AI-traffic should include helicopters and General Aviaition prop planes too, they should be free in flight path and not be treated as IFR widebodies flying a boring straight line from A to B. Just do like in real life, that's all we want.

8. Updating approved airport list drags down the whole system performance as it runs at the very initial sequence of X-Plane startup where
most resources are needed for the main simulator to load its 10GB-stuff. Why in the world would you set the time for updating x-life at this very critical time? I have never understood that complete nonsense.
Please, really please: Allow Updating by manual user action over the GUI-menu instead. Most users have low- to mid- systems,
and can not afford this kind of catastrophic system overload just for updating a plug-in. Please change this as highest priority. Updating both, x-plane version as well as updating airports list is a good idea to do over GUI, rather than downloading from an internet forum every time.

Thank you very very much for your dedicated work and for listening to requests.

brian.goodfellow@ua.pt wrote:

Hi,

I,ve noticed a bug - sometimes after take off planes end up at negative altitudes (see screen shot). They climb initially then head for the ground and end up at the negative altitude of where they probably should be.

Thanks.

Correct, i experience the same bug.
Planes on radar flying at:

-350'000ft 

it's like they fly on the other side of the planet.

bug found:

Double Occupancy at Gateway Docks.

Obviously objects don't recognize other objects, so mutliple airplanes dock on same skybridge.

Seen on many international airports.

Also, there is a conflict between - X-Plane Default static planes, - X-Life last saved plane positions, - Scenery Designers' Static Planes, and - X-Life new loading traffic.

4 sources on same docks!