151 (edited by cmckjodi 2018-01-13 14:43:33)

Re: X-Life ver 2.1 beta 3,4,5,6,7 (add real schedule)

FrenchFruits wrote:

Just got the latest beta version and finished creating new atc routes for KSJC.

Things ran fine for 10-15min but as a plane taxied behind me the game became unresponsive and crashed.

I'm hopeful that it has nothing to do with my airport routes but if you suspect it is check it out here: http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3698

On the bright side, traffic is absolutely spot on for the region!

Your layout has some major problems quite frankly it's a mess. You can't have taxi lines crossing right over runway lines without intersecting nodes. All taxi and runway lines must intersect to nodes or points. You need to have the hold points correctly placed. I have posted the Airport Editor manual for you study. I can't be entirely sure that your layout caused your crash CTD but there's a good bet that it did. X-Life ATC could not possibly get traffic to flow properly. I will work on this and post a usable layout. In the meantime study the manual and find the vid on youtube for making taxi routes that will work for X-Life

Post's attachments

Attachment icon X-Life Editor Instructions.pdf 11.41 mb, 502 downloads since 2018-01-13 

152 (edited by FrenchFruits 2018-01-13 18:25:12)

cmckjodi wrote:

Your layout has some major problems quite frankly it's a mess. You can't have taxi lines crossing right over runway lines without intersecting nodes. All taxi and runway lines must intersect to nodes or points. You need to have the hold points correctly placed. I have posted the Airport Editor manual for you study. I can't be entirely sure that your layout caused your crash CTD but there's a good bet that it did. X-Life ATC could not possibly get traffic to flow properly. I will work on this and post a usable layout. In the meantime study the manual and find the vid on youtube for making taxi routes that will work for X-Life

Thanks for the tips! I did read through the manual multiple times as I was building the routes and knew I wasn’t being very economical but the manual wasn’t very detailed on overlapping lines and mandatory nodes. I also tried finding videos but all were outdated and using WED. I should’ve probably just taken a look at another pre built airport first to gauge design rules. Good to know! I plan on building routes for a good number of Northern California airports. Thanks for the helps.

I have the latest version of xlife, but when I try and download a valid fpln from my Jar320 fms, I get an error message saying that their is a segment error between waypoints.  I have tried a few different routes that I get from flightaware.  1801 AIRAC cycle.  [KORD DCT PMPKN DCT NEATO DCT DLLAN DCT RONIC DCT KAMMA DCT KKILR3 KORD].  Why is this not working?

Darko24 wrote:

Thx for update. Ill try this beta version but I cant still not create flight plan from LJLJ to EDDF, created only LJLJ STAR EDDF, ATC not accepted. Plan LJLJ to LOWW is created but its not real. Flight plan creating over open air country's is still problem.

I am having the same problem with xlife not letting me use flight plans that are real flight plans from simbrief or flightaware.  I get a segment DCT error.  If I let xlife generate a flight plan it is a bogus plan.  I set everything up the correct way every single time and I even sent an email to support.  I want to be able to use real flight times and real flight data for xlife.

k4jar340 wrote:
Darko24 wrote:

Thx for update. Ill try this beta version but I cant still not create flight plan from LJLJ to EDDF, created only LJLJ STAR EDDF, ATC not accepted. Plan LJLJ to LOWW is created but its not real. Flight plan creating over open air country's is still problem.

I am having the same problem with xlife not letting me use flight plans that are real flight plans from simbrief or flightaware.  I get a segment DCT error.  If I let xlife generate a flight plan it is a bogus plan.  I set everything up the correct way every single time and I even sent an email to support.  I want to be able to use real flight times and real flight data for xlife.

you have to use the same airac cycle for all the navigation stuff: the same doesn't mean the latest. Put the same airac for xlife, xplane and for the plane you are using. Then use a flightplanner with the same airac OR choose the correct airac. Try Onlineflightplanner, because simbrief doesn't allow you to choose the cycle if you are not navigraph subscriber.
give it a try
Luca

I'm on ver.2.1 beta 7 and I am experiencing CTD's a little after importing from Little Navmap 1.8.5...

This is an example file TXT file:

EGLL SID DET UL6 DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 REMBA DCT LIRSU UZ315 RIDAR UZ738 UNKEN UL603 LATLO DCT OBEDI DCT ABIRI DCT VAMET DCT DIMLO DCT BABIT DCT NISVA STAR LBSF

Demon

Thanks for this great work. Has totally changed the experience. I took a lot of flights and so far no major issues. Its more stable now. Some feedback below that may require clarification:

- I compared the flight number and times with the realtime flight information on internet and they were not the same. I tried it at couple of airports like EGLL, EHAM, OMDB etc
- The flight identifier were different. E.g. For emirates, it was UAE instead of EK etc.
- Our own flight information in the flight plan, does not show up in the airport arrival/departure information. This could be a nice to have feature.

Regards,

I Download the latest version of GND and I stop working ... does not even appear the control panel ... please answer about this product.

hi jar
could we use flight radar24  for schedules as its a lot more real world thanks

Hey guys on R7. This time a crash a few minutes after submitting flight plan successfully at SFO. Maybe the waypoints were incorrect but on submit didn't catch them?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 51.47 kb, 561 downloads since 2018-01-17 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 206.53 kb, 540 downloads since 2018-01-17 

siddiqi_bilal wrote:

- The flight identifier were different. E.g. For emirates, it was UAE instead of EK etc.

For air traffic control and airline operations ICAO identifiers are used (UAE).
IATA codes (EK) are used for ticket booking and travel agencies. Since IATA airline and airport codes are used for the public booking travel, they're more well known than the ICAO codes.

system macos/xp11/navigraph/xlife

Hi,
How will xlife 2.1b7 use the new airac data?
What do I have to do?

163 (edited by Dominik13 2018-01-24 19:52:26)

Hello everybody,
I have with the current version of X-Life and win.xpl problems. without X-Life I have between 60-80fps. as soon as I start X-Life the frames drop to 17-25. even after 15-20 minutes only watching, nothing changes. I suspect that there are problems with the current version of X-Life.
my system:
- Intel i7 8700k
- Gigabyte GTX1080 Windforce
- DDR4 16GB Ram
- Msi Z370-A-PRO

So it's definitely not because of my system, because I always have the problems as soon as I start X-Life.

can someone confirm this problem with itself?

I am happy about answers and help.

Greeting Dominik

Ok, good. Last time we get a number or crash reports what have one reason - a wrong code (one place). Now i catch this bug (Thanks Brian!) and fix my code. So, we expect beta 8 soon, what include this fixes. As for now - we run private tests of JD330 v.3 and very close for show it as public beta. As we improve FMGS, we have different flightplan format, but yes, JD330 v.3 is compatible with X-Life 2.1 (I mean flightplan import/export part)

Hi x-plane 11.11 and x-life 2.1b7 unknown crash in CYVR airport

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 82.55 kb, 682 downloads since 2018-01-27 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 286.58 kb, 509 downloads since 2018-01-27 

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit),Asus maximus formula IX, i7 6700K, G.Skills 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 gaming z (8GB),
My Fleet: FF A320U, FF A350, FF B763, FF B757v2 ext, JAR A330, JAR A320, ToLiss A319
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe, FMcar, EFASS, XEnviro, X-Camera

Delivery alway tells me i got the QNH wrong even though its set correct. hotmail sign up

Delivery alway tells me i got the QNH wrong even though its set correct. hotmail sign up

So, I want to say THANK YOU A LOT for all beta-testers who share info to help us debug version 2.1

We will continue in 2.1 R1 release topic.

Lets jump http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 916#p19916