Topic: HEBA airport problems with ATC taxi routes, please help

Good NIGHT for all & Happy feast.

I create ATC taxi routes for my first developing fro x plane -Borg Al Arab Internationale airport HEBA - IN Alexandria Egypt.

I have many problem appeared when i tested my airport:

1- planes dose not taxi to the gates, just stop in the beginning of the gate then park!!!!

2- when any plane take off, it do mot take the normal path in the runway, instead it turn out in the beginning of the RWY to centerline.

3- when landing, the aircraft taxi in all the runway, then turn over in the end of the RWY then taxi again to the gate.

4- Planes do not consider any holding short points.

I am really disappointed i spent a lot of hours / days in this airport, and now it seems i failled.

I attached herecopy of the apt.dat of the airport and the WED.xml file as well.

Could any one please test the attached files and feed me pack what is the mistakes i did?

Thank you

Post's attachments

Attachment icon apt.dat 50.3 kb, 347 downloads since 2018-01-06 

Attachment icon earth.wed.xml 10 mb, 232 downloads since 2018-01-06 

Re: HEBA airport problems with ATC taxi routes, please help

Hi,
All the problems you list appear to arise from the lack of an X-Life taxi route file, this is placed in the X-Life/Airports folder and can be produced by loading your airport in X-Plane and starting the easy to use Airport Editor accessed from the Plugins - X-Life - Tools  menu. If you need instructions these can be found at the top of this forum. Because this will be a new file the initial runway and gate data will be taken from your apt.dat file. Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,  Phil

Thanks a lot for your reply,

i follow the instructions as accurate as possible:
1- i renamed the apt.dat file to HEBA.dat and place it in the airport folder of X- life plugin.

2- then i load x plane to my airport and and run airport editor from the main menu of X- life plugin, but a lot of red question marks appears in the gates and lines.

3- so what is the next step?? should i re-edit the the ATC taxi routes again in the built in x life airport editor? iF YES, why i did this step in WED?

I am really confused... an video tutorial of x life airport editor would be appreciated.

Many thanks to you

I have looked at your HEBA.dat file in WED and you have a few things wrong. First it's best to define in WED your ramp starts as GATE or TIE DOWN. If it's a Gate then planes will pushback to the taxiway. If it's a Tie down then planes will roll forward to go out. Stands 13-08 should be defined as Tie Down (Taxi in taxi out situation) You may also define them as Gates (Pushback Taxi in situation) Stands 13-08 do not have correct taxi lines for either Gate or Tie down situation. Stands/gates 01-07 are ok for pushback. Once you have an airport layout they way you like in WED it then needs to be edited in the X-Life editor. There are videos on YouTube for making taxi routes for X-Life and there is one for the X-Life editor but it is not a very good video. If you want I can try to fix this airport for you.

5 (edited by cmckjodi 2018-01-08 23:00:35)

cmckjodi wrote:

I have looked at your HEBA.dat file in WED and you have a few things wrong. First it's best to define in WED your ramp starts as GATE or TIE DOWN. If it's a Gate then planes will pushback to the taxiway. If it's a Tie down then planes will roll forward to go out. Stands 13-08 should be defined as Tie Down (Taxi in taxi out situation) You may also define them as Gates (Pushback Taxi in situation) Stands 13-08 do not have correct taxi lines for either Gate or Tie down situation. Stands/gates 01-07 are ok for pushback. Once you have an airport layout they way you like in WED it then needs to be edited in the X-Life editor. There are videos on YouTube for making taxi routes for X-Life and there is one for the X-Life editor but it is not a very good video. If you want I can try to fix this airport for you.

Unfortunately I cannot fix your HEAB airport because it is not "verified" I get a CTD when I try to open the airport editor. JAR can you PLEASE look into this. We would like to be able to use ALL airports with X-Life. This way we can help everyone around the world to enjoy X-Life!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 25.93 kb, 380 downloads since 2018-01-08 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 175.94 kb, 353 downloads since 2018-01-08 

DAER cmckjodi,

thanks a lot for your reply, i will try to search on youtube concerning x life airport editor.

PS: IT IS HEBA airport not HEAB , i don,t know if this caue CTD.

Thanks a lot.

HaithamElshazly wrote:

DAER cmckjodi,

thanks a lot for your reply, i will try to search on youtube concerning x life airport editor.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks you are correct I misspelled it as well when I named the .dat file so sorry my mistake! I will try again. If I can make an xlf file I will post it here for you.

HaithamElshazly wrote:

1- i renamed the apt.dat file to HEBA.dat and place it in the airport folder of X- life plugin.

2- then i load x plane to my airport and and run airport editor from the main menu of X- life plugin, but a lot of red question marks appears in the gates and lines.

3- so what is the next step?? should i re-edit the the ATC taxi routes again in the built in x life airport editor? iF YES, why i did this step in WED?

I am really confused... an video tutorial of x life airport editor would be appreciated.

Many thanks to you

Hi,

There is no need for the .dat file in the X-Life airport folder. I've used your earth.wed and apt.dat to produce an .xlf file which seems to work OK. Had to do some guess work around the Apron 2 area so you may need to edit the routes, not sure what other objects you are including in final airport. Likewise I've placed a closed loop at the end of taxiway N to prevent an 'issue question mark'.
In X-Life taxiway placing/editing keep things as simple as possible, let me know if you need any other help. Hope you are happy with your completed project and look forward to seeing it if you decide to publish.

Phil

Post's attachments

Attachment icon HEBA.xlf 5.64 kb, 314 downloads since 2018-01-09 

pwalchester wrote:
HaithamElshazly wrote:

Many thanks to you

Hi,

There is no need for the .dat file in the X-Life airport folder. I've used your earth.wed and apt.dat to produce an .xlf file which seems to work OK. Had to do some guess work around the Apron 2 area so you may need to edit the routes, not sure what other objects you are including in final airport. Likewise I've placed a closed loop at the end of taxiway N to prevent an 'issue question mark'.
In X-Life taxiway placing/editing keep things as simple as possible, let me know if you need any other help. Hope you are happy with your completed project and look forward to seeing it if you decide to publish.

Phil

How can i thank you? really appriciated.

Actually, i would like to know how you perform that jop, so if you have some time please have a look on this points:

1- how did you produce  .xlf file using the earth.wed and apt.dat?

2-did you make any modifications in earth.WED file.

3- i assume you modify some things in the earth.wed file then edited the airport using the built in x life airport editor?

sorry for disturbing you but i want really to be aware of the steps you have done to be a great reference to me next times.

thanks again & have a nice day.

cmckjodi wrote:
HaithamElshazly wrote:

DAER cmckjodi,

Thanks a lot.

Thanks you are correct I misspelled it as well when I named the .dat file so sorry my mistake! I will try again. If I can make an xlf file I will post it here for you.

Thank you very much, and thanks for your support.

Actually, my friend Phill produce the .XLF file for me - thanks again phill - but i want the steps, i prefer always to be aware of the steps of making any thing rather than just drop the .xlf file in the airport folder and wowwww it is work.

Trying to understand how it should done, and may be will success one day.

thanks again.

HaithamElshazly wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:
HaithamElshazly wrote:

DAER cmckjodi,

Thanks a lot.

Actually, my friend Phill produce the .XLF file for me - thanks again phill - but i want the steps, i prefer always to be aware of the steps of making any thing rather than just drop the .xlf file in the airport folder and wowwww it is work.

thanks again.

You can try this one I made for you too there should be no red question marks I corrected every one I think. Yes I know using the editor takes time to learn I have spent many hours! But once you learn it's very easy to use. I might try to make a video, but there are a couple on YouTube that you can try. Today I learned from my own mistakes.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon HEBA.xlf 6.01 kb, 324 downloads since 2018-01-09 

cmckjodi wrote:
HaithamElshazly wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:

thanks again.

You can try this one I made for you too there should be no red question marks I corrected every one I think. Yes I know using the editor takes time to learn I have spent many hours! But once you learn it's very easy to use. I might try to make a video, but there are a couple on YouTube that you can try. Today I learned from my own mistakes.

Thanks a million My friend,

IT will be great idea if you have some time to make a small video tutorial, i am really surprised that Jar did not release any official videos covering their x life airport editor yet!!!

However, thanks for your time and help, really appreciated.

Haitham

13 (edited by cmckjodi 2018-01-09 20:13:41)

HaithamElshazly wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:
HaithamElshazly wrote:

thanks again.

IT will be great idea if you have some time to make a small video tutorial, i am really surprised that Jar did not release any official videos covering their x life airport editor yet!!!

Haitham

Actually there is a manual made for the editor here it is! I would advise others to read it as well you are welcome my friend. Cheers and best regards

Post's attachments

Attachment icon X-Life Editor Instructions.pdf 11.41 mb, 354 downloads since 2018-01-09 

Any layout that you have in WED should also be checked and edited with the Airport Editor and saved as an xlf file. The editor reads WED files a little differently. An airport that is checked out with proper Hold shorts, node placements, and gates in WED also has to be checked out with the editor and ideally you need to correct all red question marks. Question marks indicate:          1. Runway and hold short lines must be defined
2. Gate/Stand placement is too far from a nearest taxi line node or point
3. Two nodes or points too close or not connected
4. End of a node or point is not connected to a Gate/Stand or another taxi line point
5. Node or points not close enough for the Taxi in/ Taxi out situation
Once you think you have made a correction click SAVE on the editor and see if a question mark is removed if it is than that error is corrected. Always save your work by clicking the SAVE button you will lose what you did!
When you start the Editor you can get your views using upper left view button on your screen
1. Tower view then press C on your keyboard for camera view then use keys Q left E right (x-plane default keys) left and right arrow keys, up and down keys
2. External still spot (from your plane) press C for camera view then Q E left right up down arrow keys
3. Moving your plane to the areas you work on cockpit view or external still spot
Takes some practice and a lot of patience at first! Hope this helps everyone.

15 (edited by cmckjodi 2018-01-09 22:40:57)

cmckjodi wrote:
HaithamElshazly wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:

Haitham

Actually there is a manual made for the editor here it is! I would advise others to read it as well you are welcome my friend. Cheers and best regards

Post's attachments

Attachment icon HEBA.xlf 6.01 kb, 313 downloads since 2018-01-09 

Attachment icon X-Life Editor Instructions.pdf 11.41 mb, 183 downloads since 2018-01-09 

16 (edited by pwalchester 2018-01-10 05:38:27)

HaithamElshazly wrote:
pwalchester wrote:
HaithamElshazly wrote:

Many thanks to you

Hi,

Phil

How can i thank you? really appriciated.

Actually, i would like to know how you perform that jop, so if you have some time please have a look on this points:

1- how did you produce  .xlf file using the earth.wed and apt.dat?

2-did you make any modifications in earth.WED file.

3- i assume you modify some things in the earth.wed file then edited the airport using the built in x life airport editor?

sorry for disturbing you but i want really to be aware of the steps you have done to be a great reference to me next times.

thanks again & have a nice day.

Hi,

1- I just created normal layout Custom Scenery/'airport name' folder and placed earth.WED there, then created Custom Scenery/'airport name'/Earth nav data sub-folder and place apt.dat there. This gives you basic airport layout without objects because you have not yet exported your airport.

2 - No mods to earth.WED

3 - It was easy to create .xlf because you had already done taxi routes an gates in WED, some authors don't bother with this. If there are no taxi routes the X-Life editor just picks up runway co-ordinates from apt.dat and you then create routes. You have already been pointed to the instruction manual I produced for JAR available in 'Sticky' at top of Custom ATC routes forum.

Regards, Phil

17 (edited by HaithamElshazly 2018-01-10 11:45:34)

Finally Done,

It was important to study the attached manual  of the airport editor, then I successfully produce the .xls file my self.

All credits should be go to my friends Phil and CMCkjodi , without your help i was  not able to figure out it.

Thank again for your all support.

Haitham

So glad to help Haitham. What I like best about the X-Life forum is there are users all over the world so someone like me from the US can help someone in Egypt or anywhere in the world. I really like the international togetherness here. What we need in today's world everybody to help everybody. And a big thank you to JAR!

Completely  agree with you my friend.