Topic: EGKK taxi routes .xlf file for Gatwick by tdg

Taxi routes for EGKK Gatwick International by tdg
This is for no static version of airport

This should overcome problems posted by avtech and others, close proximity of runways causing taxiing traffic jams.
Dummy hold points have been placed so arriving aircraft do not lock runway into 'busy' mode.
High speed taxiways work ok, some aircraft leave runway early and clip grass verge entering taxiway F .
Re-instated short taxiway T between 08L/26R and J so aircraft clear runway faster.
Settings used
Air traffic density 60%
Airport gates/stands busy 45%
Runway operation interval 1.5m

Place in X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/X-Life/Airports folder

Post's attachments

Attachment icon EGKK.xlf 22.18 kb, 598 downloads since 2017-09-21 

2 (edited by tinblue 2017-12-21 00:19:17)

Re: EGKK taxi routes .xlf file for Gatwick by tdg

pwalchester wrote:

Taxi routes for EGKK Gatwick International by tdg
This is for no static version of airport

This should overcome problems posted by avtech and others, close proximity of runways causing taxiing traffic jams.
Dummy hold points have been placed so arriving aircraft do not lock runway into 'busy' mode.
High speed taxiways work ok, some aircraft leave runway early and clip grass verge entering taxiway F .
Re-instated short taxiway T between 08L/26R and J so aircraft clear runway faster.
Settings used
Air traffic density 60%
Airport gates/stands busy 45%
Runway operation interval 1.5m

Place in X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/X-Life/Airports folder

Thank you for this. Even with or without this file none of the planes ever seem to be sitting on the yellow gate lines and some planes are half in or out of scenery at certain spots in the airport. I know I have the ability to fix all this but with that being quite a big job I wondered why this is so off? Is it because this airport had a different layout in X-Plane 10? Is there a fix anywhere? I assume you see the same and just didn't see a priority in fixing it?

I have also experience quite a bit of congestion with planes trying to get on R27L and they bug out a little and at one point 3 planes took off at the same time!

Hi tinblue, after the initial thought of have I missed something I rechecked the gate positions and traffic flows and all appears OK. I can't check XP10, I only run XP11 and currently X-Life 2.1b5 with real flight schedule. You could try the X-Life airport editor to check taxiway/gate positions, any gates in scenery can only be down to some difference between XP10 & 11. As for traffic flow that again was OK, I even witnessed a change of active runway direction with no problems, try adjusting the settings, I currently use 50% traffic density, 30% gates busy, 2m runway interval, again this is with 2.1b5

I've noticed a similar issue with aircraft not lining up with the gate taxilines at other airports I have edited with the in-game Airport Editor. In the editor the gate locations are as well aligned as I can get, but once XLife is loaded and a plane appears the aircraft looks to be offset a metre or two from its designated position.

5 (edited by tinblue 2017-12-27 23:26:23)

pwalchester wrote:

Hi tinblue, after the initial thought of have I missed something I rechecked the gate positions and traffic flows and all appears OK. I can't check XP10, I only run XP11 and currently X-Life 2.1b5 with real flight schedule. You could try the X-Life airport editor to check taxiway/gate positions, any gates in scenery can only be down to some difference between XP10 & 11. As for traffic flow that again was OK, I even witnessed a change of active runway direction with no problems, try adjusting the settings, I currently use 50% traffic density, 30% gates busy, 2m runway interval, again this is with 2.1b5

You can see the problem in the attached image. Planes don't line up to the yellow line and often are embedded in scenery. Is 3D Gatwick not part of the default install? If not I think I must have got it from here...

https://gateway.x-plane.com/

I could show you a lot more but basically everything is ever so slightly out of whack. The taxi-lanes are also not aligned with the yellow lines anywhere on the airport but runways are fine.

The traffic issue cleared up with 2.1b5.

P.S I am using X-Plane 11

Post's attachments

Attachment icon xlife.png 2.47 mb, 147 downloads since 2017-12-27 

Now I can see what's going on here. You are using the default XP airport, which is now 3D with 11.10. My .xlf file is for the tdg version as stated on original post available here https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f … -aircraft/
The default airport is a nice rendition but I prefer the tdg version which uses safedock and includes the north terminal Air Bridge between piers 4 & 6.
If you stick to the default then a new .xlf is needed, the original .dat & .txt format files don't line up either.

7 (edited by tinblue 2017-12-28 12:06:52)

pwalchester wrote:

Now I can see what's going on here. You are using the default XP airport, which is now 3D with 11.10. My .xlf file is for the tdg version as stated on original post available here https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f … -aircraft/
The default airport is a nice rendition but I prefer the tdg version which uses safedock and includes the north terminal Air Bridge between piers 4 & 6.
If you stick to the default then a new .xlf is needed, the original .dat & .txt format files don't line up either.

I didn't know about the TDG version. I'm fairly new to XPlane. It says that airport is for X10 only? Does it work ok with 11?

Thanks for your help.

No problems for me in XP11, happy flying