Topic: Problem sending flight plan to ATC

Hello,

I am having some problems with the x-life flightplanner. When I am trying to send a flight plan to the ATC I get the following error; flight plan error (route tags) segment error -please check that the navdata is correct with both fms, flight planner and the x life. What is wrong?

-I have the latest AIRAC and navdata from navigraph both in the X-life plugin folder, on the simbrief site online and in the custom data.

-I have also downloaded the sceneries from the supported fmc airport list from the jardesign website.

What am I missing or doing wrong to get the error while trying to load a flight plan to the ATC?

Best regards
Marcus Fjellberg

Re: Problem sending flight plan to ATC

Im having the same problem and need help too. Exhausted all other efforts to rectify...

Hello All

Same problem for me, too...
Rolland.

@rolland95,hardfloor, and marcusfjellberg,

I had this happen when I put in the wrong flight level.  I had put in an even flight level when flying a compass heading of 60 degrees.
I believe a compass heading of 0 to 179 degrees are odd flight levels and 180 to 359 degrees are even flight levels.

Ron West, KBNA

In addition to following the semi-circular rule, if you are using a flight planner to send your plans to the X-Life/Flightplans folder check the syntax - ICAO SID VOR AIRWAY etc. X-Life will often flag an error along a route when the problem it's having is near the start. If the plan has inserted an initial DCT try deleting it, after that try alternative nearby VOR's as the first waypoint.

Phil

Hello,

Thanks Watauga & pwalchester

Here is an example of the problem

The flight plan generated by X-Life is very surprising...

Post's attachments

Attachment icon image.jpg 250.11 kb, 215 downloads since 2017-11-30 

Your route looks like OSPEN ABRUK SETAL DETSA RENTA M984 LUSIL, I tried this on my flight planner EFASS NG and this also didn't recognise ABRUK.
X-Life is not recognising a lot of waypoints in Austria so I tried creating routes on SkyVector by sticking to navaids and airway waypoints, these two work with X-Life
North of direct route STO J21 LNZ J21 SBG DCT RTT Y703 INN DCT RONAG Z119 PELAD DCT ODINA
South of direct route SNU DCT GRZ J21 KFT DCT VIC L615 SRN

There should be others by using this method

Phil

8 (edited by rolland95 2017-12-03 14:47:55)

Hello,

Thank you Phil !

Rolland

Update to my last post, although X-Life accepts the routes as valid, on actual flight I get a crash to desktop during descent phase, I'm trying mods to the routes, meantime here's one which has completed without problems
SNU2D SNU DCT GRZ J21 KFT DCT TIBRO Q707 RISOM DCT VIC DCT OSBUL
DCT VOG ALL.VOG1H

Phil

This works from the north
STO J21 LNZ J21 SBG DCT RTT Y703 INN DCT RONAG Z119 PELAD
DCT AKASU ALL.AKAS2H

For me ODINA arrivals from the north and SRN from the east don't work

Phil

Hi all if u have "DCT" point in u route then x-life not reorganize it or it doesn't read direct spots from u flight-planner software.. at least yet. i didn't try it with ver 2.1 b3 yet.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit),Asus maximus formula IX, i7 6700K, G.Skills 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 gaming z (8GB),
My Fleet: FF A320U, FF A350, FF B763, FF B757v2 ext, JAR A330, JAR A320, ToLiss A319
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe, FMcar, EFASS, XEnviro, X-Camera

Hello together,

i have the same Problem. Flight with a330 from Eddf to kjfk.... Route create by simbrief. Sending flightplan to atc and get the error....Segment error

I have the Airac 1709 on navdata and xlife....everything is fine. But intercontinential flights with intersections over the atlantic ocean is Not possible. What is the Problem? The old airac?

Please help…thx

Hi with 2.1b3 DCT spots working now

carstenschumann wrote:

Hello together,

i have the same Problem. Flight with a330 from Eddf to kjfk.... Route create by simbrief. Sending flightplan to atc and get the error....Segment error

I have the Airac 1709 on navdata and xlife....everything is fine. But intercontinential flights with intersections over the atlantic ocean is Not possible. What is the Problem? The old airac?

Please help…thx

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit),Asus maximus formula IX, i7 6700K, G.Skills 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 gaming z (8GB),
My Fleet: FF A320U, FF A350, FF B763, FF B757v2 ext, JAR A330, JAR A320, ToLiss A319
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe, FMcar, EFASS, XEnviro, X-Camera

Hi carstenschumann, this route is accepted by X-Life 2.1b3 as valid, although I've not flown it.
EDDF SID BIBTI DCT NIK DCT BPK DCT STU DCT SHA DCT YAY DCT YQM DCT ENE STAR KJFK
Planned on EFASS NG using navaids only, airac 1711, waypoints/intersections are still a problem sometimes. Also accepted by SimBrief as valid.

While there is a lot to like about X-Life I see this is an old existing issue. It is extremely picky about the syntax (importing plans for other apps almost never works for me) and unfortunately the plans it auto creates are horrible compared to creating via well known other products. EG: EGLC to EGHI where a typical plan is around 116nm but X-Life creates one that is 266nm.

The drop in frame rate from 35 to 25 fps (7700K with GTX 980ti) when enabling traffic and the stutter when an aircraft pushes back makes it too much of a performance hit for me. Hopefully it will be fixed one day.