Topic: Plan for future

So.. if I ask you, What you want as User from this plugin, you will say simple:
- I need Traffic "100% like a real"
- I need ATC "100% like a real"

Oh yeah.. I know this and need the same.
Sure, for me - only one way exist - improve, improve, improve plugin step by step. Now we just get version 1.3 what can give you enroute control and ATC panel joystick management. This is not final, cause i want to continue. I want to say THANK YOU for all users and all our crew member who work on this plugin.

And I want ask you: What the next? What much important for you? What improvement should be first?
Please fill free to post your opinion about this plugin improvement priority.
Right now!

2 (edited by Junglist 2017-06-02 18:20:35)

Re: Plan for future

1. You stated, that for airport to work with X-life there should be SID/STARs procedures in navdatabase. This requirement excludes too much (still IFR and towered) airports from plugins field of view. I don't think that it's too hard to impement something like fake-procedures for such airports. With transition point located either in airport reference point (airport 'center') and/or points on course of longest runway within 20 nm from both thresholds
2. Full complience with current ATC-routes format in latest WED. I mean max sizes of aircraft and most important - remove that reqierement about next leg from holding point should be runway. Generall idea is that when i do all ATC-routing in latest WED, then it's automatically makes this network compatible with X-life.
2.1 Support for WEDs airline options on gates and parking stands
3. Resizeble GatesEditor window, or at least make in taller. Hard to navigate through large ammounts of parking stands. And i think scroll buttons are inverted, it's frustrating sometimes.

3 (edited by enrigolan79 2017-06-03 14:31:35)

Hi Eugeny,
What the next? What much important for me ?
---> to hear others planes on the same frequency of me...

I feel so alone in the sky... however i can see lot of planes around me...
Thank

And also FLC flight level change on request...
Thank

Win7x64/Sp1 - i7-6700k@4.2GHz - 32Go ddr3 - LCD : 19"(1280x1024)+32"(1920x1080)+19"(1280x1024)
Geforce GTX 1060 6Go - Saitek Proflight yoke and rudders - XP11.20r3
A320neoJDv3.2r1 & BSS PW1000 v4.0 sound pack - A330JDv3.0r4 & BBS PW1000v2.02 sound pack
GHdeluxe FMcar2.6r1  X-Lifedeluxe2.2r2  X-ATCchatter v1.5.3   LittleNavMap   xEnviro1.07

4 (edited by Gubben 2017-06-03 07:38:14)

Hi!

There are 3 things I would like to see in X-life,

1rt More air traffic. I find only traffic at airports and surroundings, It would be nice to see some planes at cruise too. And hear them talking would be great too, as they say in other posts...

2nd I would like to see local planes at airports... I mean.. I expect to see a lot of vueling planes,ryanair, and iberia planes while in Barcelona , and lot of British Airways when I land at Gatwick, and lots of 'air france'  liveries in Paris (for example).

3rd Integration with Flyinside for VR flights.. the same fo the A320 and A330.. Flying in VR changes it all, and I would love to control the A320 with oculus touch... Now it works perfect with the view, and I have to say it's really amazing to feel like sitting in your A320 Cockpit! I love it! Try it if you didn't!.

I7-7700K, 16Gb Ram, nvidia 1060 6Gb ,SSD. XPlane 11.20 VR Oculus Rift

Hi,

It will maybe sound stupid, but when could we expect cut/paste support in the ATC Panel window ?

Cheers!

schlivo

It would be great when:
I could askt the ATC for an new flightlevel
And
For an alternative airport during flight (example in a emergnecy)

Definitely more verified airports, the lack of airports working with X-Life is staggering, many major airports are missing and yet most of them have been done by fans but ATC won't work because it's not "verified", testing more of them wouldn't take too much time especially more freewares.

And I think it'd be more important to work on the ATC, more details and realism, this is the only decent ATC in X-Plane as of now, improving it would be great, some have already got solid points concerning the ATC.

1. After takeoff ATC say contact approach, but did not say contact center according FIR, like Frankfurt, Vienna, etc.
2. I can't request flight level change in flight.
3. Request an alternative airport during flight
4. Support WEDs airline options on gates and parking stands
5. Fix: Big aircrafts in small airports issue. They cannot departure because the runway is too small. The result is a aborted takeoff and an runway locked.

Jefeon wrote:

Definitely more verified airports, the lack of airports working with X-Life is staggering, many major airports are missing and yet most of them have been done by fans but ATC won't work because it's not "verified", testing more of them wouldn't take too much time especially more freewares.

And I think it'd be more important to work on the ATC, more details and realism, this is the only decent ATC in X-Plane as of now, improving it would be great, some have already got solid points concerning the ATC.

I fully agree with Jefeon.

It should be more easy to make Airports compatible.
Would it be possible to make an editor for the taxi-routes directly in Xplane (like the GateEditor). Then it would be more easy to create taxiroutes for airports (including airports which have only DFS files).
There should also be a "test" mode where you can verify each taxi-route, ramp, runway-turns etc. Now i have to wait several hours until every taxi route is randomly used by a plane (even with fast forward 3x).

I´d also enjoy to hear some atc-chat by the other AI-planes.

Reading this with thankful.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

12 (edited by laohu314 2017-06-08 18:22:21)

I would also appreciate if X-Life ATC would accept flight plans from the aircraft (A320/330) and from other sources such as SimBrief.
Right now, still, any route that contains DCT connected waypoints does not work for me.
It used to work in previous versions but has stopped to work a couple of versions ago.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

13 (edited by ivota 2017-06-11 11:55:13)

1. AIRAC SID/STAR support (ai traffic folow route)
2. Custom ATC map coverage-border ( atc in xp11 not desing well), need more test to prove
3. Smart inject ai traffic ( according real flight plan or according geo position) with type of aircraft
4. Trigger TFL or TR altitude according position (geo/atc), this is point when atc switch to apprroch atc (somwhere are FL180 (USA), FL95, FL60(GER), FL20 (NED)..etc)
5. after created route, show simple mini maps on external screen ( to check route)

Please add a menu option to temporarily disable ATC in the deluxe version.

Please add the possibility to fly VFR flights without SID / STAR procedures - just report downwind and base steps (perhaps after a vertical report over airport).
Thank you for your work

I would like improved ATC, for example:
- the menu is too Clunky and big, 124thatc solved that a lot better
- if you choose to fly without ATC or with 124thatc there is big red font warning you and the menu pops up which is very annoying if             
    you just want the traffic of this plugin
-more options, more like 124thatc

I don't use 124thatc because it doesn't warn me of taxiing traffic even though the atc so far is better, but I'm sure this will be improved in future updates.

(probably not possible but really awesome would be if you could control the atc readbacks and answers with the "plane command" plugin and "talk" with the atc)

Just got this and I think there is certainly room for improvement. As it stands its very user friendly but it just doesnt seem to work right, Did a flight from EGLC and when I start and taxi towards runway 27 the AI just stops and never moves. Also had an incident where a cessna passed straight through my plane. I agree with the above posts more airports and air traffic as opposed to just airport traffic. Its early days for XP11 and this it seems .

Definitely need full working ATC and traffic, its pretty handy for practicing for online flying I think. I spent my $20 now anyway and for now its .... Okay. I'm a patient person I do believe it will get much better going forwards.

Just some free wishes...

1. FL change.

2. Copy and Paste into the Flight Plan, I know I can make a txt file and import. But Copy and Paste most of the times a better option. Especially if I used the Create Flight Plan option, not all aircrafts will import it to the FMS, and I prefer to be able to paste it in to my other planning software.

3. Able to call out for like emergency or re route to Alternative airport.

4. Be able to hear the ATC chat, not just me.

5. Speak to ATC instead of pushing buttons.

I know it's a lot, but it's just some wishes.

Keep up the good work JAR!

Hi,

For me, what it would be great to improve :
-more aircrafts in big aiports
-that ATC give me FL steps in climb phase and approach phase like in real life ( clim FL 120, 160, 200 ...until the cruise level)
-also the ability to request FL down or above to avoid for example turbulence and so on

thanks a lot in advance

Hi,

would be great have aircrafts in the airports according real schedules: i'm tired to see a small jet from Alaska airline in Milan or Barcelona!!

21 (edited by ivota 2017-06-18 18:17:03)

newmind wrote:

Hi,

would be great have aircrafts in the airports according real schedules: i'm tired to see a small jet from Alaska airline in Milan or Barcelona!!

Hm, I have an idea. If you used Bluebell XL traffic AI library.
Just delete all aircraft (Bluebell XL) except European airlines or airlines what you want to see.

In future JAR should code in x-life  filter functions for Bluebell  traffic AI library.

Second stage is implement real route and SID/STAR features.

Maybe this is a huge step ,but i am a ex user off radar contact where there are 15 different controller voices.
The controllers are talking with a accent and there is a his like in real atc chatter.
You are now stuckt to the voice off text to speech from microsoft and this is not realistic.
So a built in txt to speech with different voices would be very realistic.
I am not a fun off online atc because the route is in many cases not entirely manned with controllers.

Radar contact : different voices ,with country accent
                         No sid star
                         No taxi guidence
                         Emergency
                         Flight level change
                         Holding patterns
                         On route control
                         RW change
X-life                :Just one voice ,anna in my case.
                         sid star
                         taxi guidence
                         No Emergency
                         No Flight level change
                         No Holding patterns
                         On route control
                         RW change

x-life is great,now add flightlevel change,holding patterns,and emergency  and the bigger step voices and you have the best atc program for flightsimulation.So every flight simmer will wan't that.

Happy flying.

Hi,

An other idea would be that ATC at some times refuses (no approval) for pushback or start up because to slot time to early for example or too late

regards

24 (edited by Oli 2017-06-28 19:40:40)

Hi Everyone,

Jar Design team, thanks for the work done so far!

Maybe you could integrate a network connection (VATSIM, IVAO...) in order to have AI airplanes and AI ATCs + humans ones...
It's "a bit" ambitious but I'm sure you can do it (or not...) big_smile.

X-Plane 11.*
JD320
JD330
VATSIM ID: 1303730

Ok, we done at least one point - add Visual editor - was a really big job