Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Hello,
how can I change the color of the runway line to red in WED for x-life?

Regards,
Peter

Hello Peter, i think you talk about ATC routes on Runways.
You must affect a runway to your ATCroute. Before create or after in line parameters.

The line become Red or Blue in WED151

VOICECOMMANDER CREATOR. Free and PRO profiles available on https://xplane.amisinformatique.com/

Windows 10 64bits – 6 coeurs I7 4,5 GHz - SSD – 32Go RAM – nVidia GTX Titan X 12Go – X-Plane 11 - A320 Neo Jardesign – A330 Jardesign - A350 FF - B777 FF - B767 FF - B757 V2 FF - Rotate MD80 - B737 IXEG - GH Deluxe - FollowMe - X-Life Deluxe

Thank you for the answer. I have  WED 1.51 and yet the beta 1.6.0. There is the line light blue and I can´t see it. I have also a lot of other problems especially with the validation of WED.

Logical ! X-Life is not really compatible WED1.5.1
Work with 1.4 when you want to create for X-Life, or, if you don't really know WED, you will have too many problems.

VOICECOMMANDER CREATOR. Free and PRO profiles available on https://xplane.amisinformatique.com/

Windows 10 64bits – 6 coeurs I7 4,5 GHz - SSD – 32Go RAM – nVidia GTX Titan X 12Go – X-Plane 11 - A320 Neo Jardesign – A330 Jardesign - A350 FF - B777 FF - B767 FF - B757 V2 FF - Rotate MD80 - B737 IXEG - GH Deluxe - FollowMe - X-Life Deluxe

105 (edited by peter.herz1 2017-01-28 11:07:17)

Hi Sloboda,
thank you for the answer. I have installed version 1.4.1. I can´t solve the problems.  If I import apt.dat, then the program write "The apt.dat file  could not be imported: Illegal Version (Line2)". I can´t import the different apt.dat versions ( from folder "global airport or from C:\X-Plane 10\Resources\default scenery\default apt dat or Import from scenery gateway.

Regards,
Peter

Hi Sloboda,
I have solved the problem with import, but I can´t  export the target. WED 1.4.1 allowed up to xplane 10.21 but I have xplane 10.51.  It is equal?

Yes no problem

Sloboda, thank you for the help!

hello,why I have not “import from airport scenery gateway”this menu? my wed is 1.2.0.2

110 (edited by mruane 2017-04-10 10:32:38)

Is there anyway that I can find out why the following message appears on screen and in the log?

XL: 78 : MessageGreen: Scenery Problem detected.

Is this error related to my airport dat file or is it related to the underlying scenery for the airport?

Update:  The error was related to my ATC routes NZDN.DAT file. I rethought the layout I was using and simplified it, which resolved my scenery errors and other issues I had in X-Life. I still have one final issue with this airport in that X-Life still tries to get me to land on runway 21 even when the ATIS is clear that runway 03 is the appropriate runway given the wind and I never get to select an alternate runway. Still I can live with this, so NZDN is usable now. Great...

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 32.84 kb, 343 downloads since 2017-03-21 

Attachment icon NZDN.dat 2.62 kb, 297 downloads since 2017-03-21 

Attachment icon NZDN.txt 435 b, 308 downloads since 2017-03-21 

Cheers Mike
iMac 27" Mid 2011, MacOS Sierra v10.12.1, i5 Intel 3.1Ghz, 16GB RAM, AMD HD 6970M 1024MB - Logitech Extreme Pro, X-Plane 10.51

111 (edited by fjperreault 2017-05-12 02:05:02)

I am using the Gate Editor to set up a Heli stand.  Does this actually do anything, that is, will it put a helicopter on the stand? When I set the option nothing appears on that stand.

Also, I am seeing some weird behavior with the Gate Editor when saving.  If I make a few changes and then save the changes when I stop X-Life, restart it and then go back in the Gate Editor, my changes are not there.  Is there some trick to using this?

Frank

une idée originale

Oui!D'accord! D'accord! D'accord!

Oui!D'accord! D'accord! D'accord!

Thanks very much Eugeny!
I haven't used WED yet so need to learn how to but want to give it a go. Your products are superb and I want to be able to use them at more airports.
Question: Is the availability of proper taxi routes like if they were the ones of the taxi directory taxiven, the only requirement for X-Life to work or is more needed for that?
Thanks again!

When ATC-taxiroutes will be created, you may export apt.dat, rename it to XXXX.dat and put to /Airports/ folder. Next, when you start X-Plane and turn X-Life On, you need use Gate Editor (inside X-Life Menu) and (if need, sure) tune parameters of gates with easy-way visual editor.
Sure, if Custom Scenery always have apt.dat with ATC-taxitoutes (it is a scenery developers task) and gates, not need do any, but just start X-Life in this scenery. smile

Thank you so much for sharing rules and features for creating ATC-taxiroutes using WED. This will be helpful.

Sorry for the stupid question, but I wanted to fly to ENCN and X-Life told me the airport is not supported. Can I use this tool to add routes to the airport? I would like to use the default x-plane scenery, not a custom one.

118 (edited by Dscho 2019-11-26 09:19:34)

bogdanserban wrote:

Sorry for the stupid question, but I wanted to fly to ENCN and X-Life told me the airport is not supported. Can I use this tool to add routes to the airport? I would like to use the default x-plane scenery, not a custom one.

Yes you can: Go to https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/page search for ENCM, download it, rename the apt.dat file to ENGM.dat, open it with WED and edit the taxi routes. Then proceed as described in jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1555

Good luck,
Dscho

I have X-LIFE Deluxe v4.270819 and there is no Gate Editor in the X-Life menus to create the KHIF.txt file (I'm assuming that's what creates it) - only Airport, Aircraft & Light editors. I have the apt.dat (from my WED created KHIF scenery) renamed to my KHIF.dat and that is saved in my Airports folder and it works fine when running X-life. AI traffic generates fine at my KHIF airport. Do I still neeed a KHIF.txt for anything and if so how do I create it so I can submit them to be used by other users and added to the approved Airports Map?

Chris