1 (edited by laohu314 2016-06-08 01:13:13)

Topic: ATC Taxi Routes for MisterX6's KBOS - Boston Logan Intl. Airport

UPDATE:
Modified KBOS.dat as there were aircraft still taxiing on the side of runways. This is due t the way the runway connections are made. Please let me  know if you find any bugs.

With permission from MisterX6 here are the KBOS.dat and KBOS.txt files for his absolutely stunning KBOS scenery.
I have adapted the ATC Taxi routes somewhat due to some incompatibilities but these work fine by watching traffic at KBOS for quite a while. I might refine further in the future if issues should arise.

Scenery link: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-airport/

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1944/t/p1aklvfsvk1k74m5c1am11vob6ro3.jpg

Post's attachments

Attachment icon KBOS.dat 50.45 kb, 317 downloads since 2016-06-07 

Attachment icon KBOS.txt 6.18 kb, 341 downloads since 2016-06-07 

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

Re: ATC Taxi Routes for MisterX6's KBOS - Boston Logan Intl. Airport

Need a change log because I had two aircraft just go the opposite way I was while taxing so just the same as ... and need a excluding file for aircraft...
B

3 (edited by vatech 2016-06-08 07:38:01)

captbullett wrote:

Need a change log because I had two aircraft just go the opposite way I was while taxing so just the same as ... and need a excluding file for aircraft...
B

Hi
I will be create a Taxi route for this airport soon, with nostatic scenery, because MisterX6 asked me about it.

vatech wrote:
captbullett wrote:

B

Hi
I will be create a Taxi route for this airport soon, with no static scenery, because MisterX6 asked me about it.

Good day,
Thank-you so much
Happy flying,
Brian

This airport has problems with aircraft not leaving the runway and meeting head on while taxiing.

I wonder if this is something I have been seeing which is a mis-match in the way X-Life is looking at Taxi Routes and the way X-Plane wants to see them using the new WED features. Here is a few examples.

I don't think X-Life is using the taxi route segment restrictions that can be specified now in WED 1.5.1r1. With this version of WED you can specify taxi route segments that have restricted flow when a specified runway is active for arrivals and departures. X-Life seems to ignore this and instead looks at the last taxi route segment connected to an active runway as a hold point when that connected runway is active.

One would think this is an OK approach but here is where you run into a problem with the way X-Plane wants things. Where I see it the most is when you have a runway that does not have a Taxiway at the end. You can take a look at KLEB on airnav as an example. Taxiway A2 intersects around midway of runway 18/36. In order to get X-Plane AI traffic to taxi to the end of runway 36 for a departure you need to run a restricted taxiway from AI and A2 down to the end of runway 36. If you don't do this and just have A1 and A2 join with runway 18/36 the X-Plane and X-Life traffic will depart at those join points rather than taxing to the end of 36 for a full length takeoff.

If you do model the parallel restricted taxiway which is what X-Plane AI wants then X-Life tends to ignore the restriction with the exception of the last connected segment. What happens is X-Life traffic will taxi on this parallel taxiway which aircraft are landing and departing on runway 36.

I think in the end X-Life should use the specified segment restrictions to know where the hold points really are rather then just relying on the last connected segment.

Maybe I have this all wrong but that has been my observation s far as I have been developing KLEB.

Mark

Does anyone know if there is a compatible atc & taxi route for MisterX6's new KSLC airport?