Topic: The Far East

XLife is such a wonderful plugin , bringing a much more immersive experience to XPlane . It would be even more wonderful if the guys at JAR design could expand the ATC experience to include coverage from centre to centre until TOD ..and here is my request . Robster fulfilled my Ibiza LEIB request for dat & txt files . would you Robster Take on Singapore , Hong Kong , Kuala Lumpur ? I do tend to fly long routes from Europe to the Far East ...Many thanks to you for all you've done so far ; had I your experience I'd do likewise .

Re: The Far East

Muckycat wrote:

XLife is such a wonderful plugin , bringing a much more immersive experience to XPlane . It would be even more wonderful if the guys at JAR design could expand the ATC experience to include coverage from centre to centre until TOD ..and here is my request . Robster fulfilled my Ibiza LEIB request for dat & txt files . would you Robster Take on Singapore , Hong Kong , Kuala Lumpur ? I do tend to fly long routes from Europe to the Far East ...Many thanks to you for all you've done so far ; had I your experience I'd do likewise .

Good day,
Actually, this has been discussed and at some point JAR might do as, the coding to do this is the issue that has to be addressed (i.e. changed to make the system work.)
Nevertheless, at some point I believe it will be done and everyone will be very happy as the project moves forward.

thank-you for the input,
captbullett

Hello ,
I saw that no one had run to traffic in Asia? suddenly I'm WSSS (Singapore) and VTBS (Bangkok). I'll put online soon.

robster wrote:

Hello ,
I saw that no one had run to traffic in Asia? suddenly I'm WSSS (Singapore) and VTBS (Bangkok). I'll put online soon.

Good day,
Thank-you, yes I know there are very good airports developed for WSSS and VTBS so, X-Life work to connect the two airports to X-Life very cool the only issue is planning the routes as crossing the Pacific and Atlantic oceans need the great circle crossing routs and most of the route planners for X-Plane 10 do not utilize the great circle crossing if I am not mistaking and this is why the code need to be rewritten to add this type of navigation to the MCDU. I hope this is the right answer as I have known to be wrong also... Nevertheless, you can use another route plan to cross it just will be very long... and not as direct.

Happy Flying,
Brian

Thanks Robster & Capt for your replies and all those of you for visiting this Far East query , and I'm sure Robster will come up trumps ....cheers for now .

I would lke to add that obviously what is needed are appropriate Alternative airports for the ATC to work properly , believable Alt airports that would suit a realistic flight plan .

I started this query not thinking it was going to attract so much attention . As a young fella i flew Grumman Gosling out in Southern Borneo , Kalimantan  ( the Indonesian bit ) Now I have the brilliant XPlane and this wondrful add on ie XLife .....I'm a pensioner and with XPlane I do believe dimentia has been kicked out of the playing field ....and thanks again Robster ..

I started this query not thinking it was going to attract so much attention . As a young fella i flew Grumman Gosling out in Southern Borneo , Kalimantan  ( the Indonesian bit ) Now I have the brilliant XPlane and this wondrful add on ie XLife .....I'm a pensioner and with XPlane I do believe dimentia has been kicked out of the playing field ....and thanks again Robster ..