Topic: After some help with Taxi Routes and X-Life

Hi,
   just started using X-Life and I think it's great. I'm just learning how to add Taxi Routes in WED with the goal of making the scenery I made for NZRO that's on the X-Plane.org X-Life compatible. At the moment I've added a runway route, three gates that are taxi in and push out linked to a two way taxi route.(It's not quite like this in real life but I'm keeping it simple until I've worked out how things should be done). I've watched the youtube tutorials and read what else I can but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.  X-Life planes appear at the gates that I can edit with the gate editor and I've made the main runway active for takeoff and departures at both ends. The flight schedule shows that flights should be arriving and departing but this doesn't happen.

Hoping that some one can look at the attached apt.dat and NZRO.txt and give me some advice where I'm going wrong. I've attached the NZRO chart as well and here's a link to the scenery on the Xplane.org. If you update the apt.dat in the scenery file and run it in XPlane you'll see what I mean.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-airport/

Thanks

VT_11

Post's attachments

Attachment icon apt.dat 3.6 kb, 169 downloads since 2016-08-28 

Attachment icon NZRO.txt 355 b, 220 downloads since 2016-08-28 

Attachment icon NZRO_51.1_51.2.pdf 191.88 kb, 187 downloads since 2016-08-28 

2 (edited by Argaeus 2016-09-01 05:12:07)

Re: After some help with Taxi Routes and X-Life

Use attached instead. And do not forget to copy both NZRO.dat and NZRO.txt to the Airports folder under X-Life folder. I have not changed anything in NZRO.txt file, in fact I will check it with your scenery in the afternoon, I need to go out for a couple of hours now.
br/HB

Post's attachments

Attachment icon NZRO.dat 4.04 kb, 184 downloads since 2016-09-01 

3 (edited by mruane 2016-10-11 09:46:50)

VT_11/Argaeus - If your able to get NZRO working, I wonder if you could look at NZDN. The scenery file can be found here: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-nzdn-v9/

I have played around with this airport for weeks and cannot get X-Life to display the gates editor. No error messages are generated, but it just does not work. Perhaps you may have better luck.

I have attached the NZDN taxiway routes file that I created.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon NZDN.dat 2.88 kb, 152 downloads since 2016-10-11 

Cheers Mike
iMac 27" Mid 2011, MacOS Sierra v10.12.1, i5 Intel 3.1Ghz, 16GB RAM, AMD HD 6970M 1024MB - Logitech Extreme Pro, X-Plane 10.51

mruane wrote:

VT_11/Argaeus - If your able to get NZRO working, I wonder if you could look at NZDN. The scenery file can be found here: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-nzdn-v9/

I have played around with this airport for weeks and cannot get X-Life to display the gates editor. No error messages are generated, but it just does not work. Perhaps you may have better luck.

I have attached the NZDN taxiway routes file that I created.

Welcome aboard!

Some airports does not work.
I have 3 APTs not working others have same problems.

Check XP log file and you will find:

XL: 26 : MessageRed: Please turn On traffic before
XL: 40 : MessageRed: Please turn On traffic before
anything you do with XL buttons menus, etc.

Read this:
http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2449

I've tested your file and give the darn:
MessageRed error...

Write the developer as we did hoping in a solution.

We already did it with no luck.

5 (edited by mruane 2016-10-12 08:59:53)

Thanks Katerilla

I download another copy of the NZDN airport scenery and using my previous NZDN.DAT file X-Life now works. Alas I am no further in understanding why it was originally failing but it is OK now. I wish the plugin had better logging. It was failing at this airport, but there was never any information in the log. My assumption is that it was related to the changes I made to the scenery, but a log entry would have clarified things immediately.

Thanks for your time in testing this for me, I really appreciate the effort.

PS I now have working taxiway files for NZDN, NZQN, NZWN, NZAA. I am a happy camper...

Cheers Mike
iMac 27" Mid 2011, MacOS Sierra v10.12.1, i5 Intel 3.1Ghz, 16GB RAM, AMD HD 6970M 1024MB - Logitech Extreme Pro, X-Plane 10.51