Re: a330 DOCs

I went to my weather settings. I followed your suggestions. Nice weather.

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
Yes, the weather radar does work and works very good one just has to set-up the weather right for the radar to give a return and as a navy veteran i can give you just a little info on this subject.

First, a picture is worth a 1000 words so, I have saved this jpg just because this subject comes up all the time and it so easy to fix.

Second, go into your weather setting and on the port side (left) of the weather screen you have Visibility, Precip, storms, and Turbinc, the one you want to get familiar with is the "Storms" with out the storms you will not have any radar return.

Third, I set the storms to "moderate" and then on to the next step.

Fourth, the row of buttons across the top of the box you are working in, Cat-III, Cat-II, Cat-I, n-prec, MVFR, VFR, and CVOK  you want to set the setting to one of the first three settings or you will not get a radar return.next look at the weather screen to the right, if you see green, yellow and a dash of red then you will get a radar return if you go on to the next step.

Nevertheless, that is the short of it, next go to your radar and set-up the radar, and even after all of this if you are not flying at the same FL as the weather you will still not get a return so, make a note of the cloud hight on the weather page and that is the box above where you made the settings...

(this is good for any aircraft in X-Plane and needing to setup the wx)
captbullett   

peterfly3 wrote:

Does the weather radar run in Jar A330 ?

Thank you for your dirty weather. I am used to use it on a flight above moutains : a chambery genève.
It looks near the reality.
Best regards.

Good day,
I am very happy that you have the weather worked out as most people did not understand it is a two part issue that needs to be dealt with and when I keep telling people they don't need extra plugins they just need to adjust the sim right some get offended ...
but the proof is in what you see. so, thank-you,
captbullett 

peterfly3 wrote:

Thank you for your dirty weather. I am used to use it on a flight above moutains : a chambery genève.
It looks near the reality.
Best regards.

JAR could you please share the checklists of A330 to be printed on paper? Or add the ability to move next/previous checklist inside the plane?