Topic: a330 DOCs

smartcockpit.com
http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/AIRBUS/A330.html

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

2 (edited by FS Steven 2015-03-08 15:06:37)

Re: a330 DOCs

http://milidom.net/files/attach/images/113/063/035/b56c63bd2743d990315201eb3aafdfba.jpg

Link: milidom(dot)net/files/attach/images/113/063/035/b56c63bd2743d990315201eb3aafdfba.jpg
Click to enlarge

This goes on my wall next to Pamela Anderson. She has some great jettisons too ...

Sierra 10.13.6 - 4.5 GHz i7 - Retina 5120 x 2880 - 16 GB - Radeon Pro 580 8 GB - X-Plane 11 - Ravcore Javelin - 767 FF - 777 FF - 787 Dreamliner - plugin tester Airbus A350 FF - A320Neo JD - A380 PH - A330 PH - alpha/beta tester A330 JD - CRJ200 - beta tester 747-8i SSG - IXEG 733 - EADT 737-800 v5 - 757 v2 FF - ZIBO 737-800 - SSG Embrear 195 - FF A320

TDPlane wrote:

This goes on my wall next to Pamela Anderson. She has some great jettisons too ...

Haha tongue

May I ask are there any product-specific docs?  Docs that are related to the plugin, rather than the aircraft?

Where to find FCTM in French please ?
Best regards

peterfly3 wrote:

Best regards

I doubt you will be able to. English is the universally accepted language for aviation communications, and I imagine this applies to documentation too.

I know it, I am fluent in English and a bit lazy.
Airbus A 330 is French. Why not to use document in French?

peterfly3 wrote:

I know it, I am fluent in English and a bit lazy.

What about the Germans, Spanish and British contributions to all Airbus aircraft? The A330 may be assembled in Toulouse with the HQ of Airbus, but the company and their aircraft are pan-European. Standardised language is needed, and since the rest of the aviation world uses English, seems that's what Airbus uses as their standard too. So that's why there probably aren't docs in French smile

Neither the A330, nor any other Airbus is French... Airbus is a European Consortium.

OK, OK. Airbus is a European Consortium. I apologize. In sim X Plane the plane I do prefer is Triple Seven.
The assisted through computor Airbus planes, I am trying to understand it. So elements in French are welcomed.
In A330 Jar design plane when I take off from Blagnac for a delivery at Nice I put the AP and the automatic throttle and the plane try to go back to the airport and the automatic throttle and the Airbus system make the plane climbing until stall...
I stopped it and recover the plane.
The Triple Seven did not do that and more, the FCU calculates all the altitudes needed along the flight plane. I didn't find the way to have the same things in A330 Jar design plane.
To day I will try to understand the Rio Paris problem when she stalls in a "vrille à plat"...
In the past time I learned flying on Stampe SV4C, T6 D and Cessna 172. With 250 flying hours I am just a little pilot trying to understand real life situations.
Thank you for your help.
Pierre

In real life you can't stall an A330 as long as you're in "normal law" and the AOA sensors are working properly... Again, in real life, I'm pretty sure you can stall a 777. It's a fly-by-wire aircraft but I don't think it has a stall protection (correct if I'm wrong). Hence the Asiana 777 stall and crash at KSFO.

I tried stalling the JAR A330 and I couldn't. Just like the real aircraft, it went into Alfa-Floor and recovered before the stall actually happened.

That's right you can't stall the plane JAR A330. The automatic throttle connects its self if you pull the stick on your belly...
The 777 spins well while stall and you can't recover it's speed too quickly until a dead crash.
I will look for the Airbus A330/340 FCTM in French.

The 777 technically shouldn't go into a spin unless you did an asymmetric stall. It should have a nose up tendency during the stall though, like most swept wing aircraft.

What means swept in swept wing aircraft ?
The 777 spins to the right after a nose up. May be I gave a little help on the stick !!!
My real planes, Stampe and North American T6 went nose up, backward, then saluted before spinning. I gave a little help to spin to the right, when on the side I accelerate the the spinning in putting the stick  backward, then pushing the stick forward, then foot to the up wing...The planes used to spin around the axe of the engine..This training was always done at FL30. I also done that with the stick backward and a big fight with my feet so as to have the wings parallel to the horizon and let the spin choosing the direction to take.
Some planes tooked no direction and saluted as we said meaning the plane fall vertically following the pitch axe.
Nice  remembers.

16 (edited by Homer.Simpson 2015-09-15 11:20:44)

peterfly3 wrote:

What means swept in swept wing aircraft ?

Take a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swept_wing
Basically the wings are swept to increase the critical Mach number.

It can be what we call in French "ailes en flèche" wings in arrow.

Oui, c'est bien ailes en flèche.

Does the weather radar run in Jar A330 ?

peterfly3 wrote:

yes

What is the procedure please ? Where it is written ?

FCOM 1.34.60

Thank you very much. There are also elements about using weather radar in FCTM 04.070.

24 (edited by captbullett 2015-09-18 13:36:09)

Good day,
try smartcockpit.com and see if the docs can be converted on the PDF format after you download... Adobe should be able to convert in the PDF format... if not there then MS Word should do the trick..
captbullett

peterfly3 wrote:

Best regards

25 (edited by captbullett 2015-09-18 14:13:49)

Good day,
Yes, the weather radar does work and works very good one just has to set-up the weather right for the radar to give a return and as a navy veteran i can give you just a little info on this subject.

First, a picture is worth a 1000 words so, I have saved this jpg just because this subject comes up all the time and it so easy to fix.

Second, go into your weather setting and on the port side (left) of the weather screen you have Visibility, Precip, storms, and Turbinc, the one you want to get familiar with is the "Storms" with out the storms you will not have any radar return.

Third, I set the storms to "moderate" and then on to the next step.

Fourth, the row of buttons across the top of the box you are working in, Cat-III, Cat-II, Cat-I, n-prec, MVFR, VFR, and CVOK  you want to set the setting to one of the first three settings or you will not get a radar return.next look at the weather screen to the right, if you see green, yellow and a dash of red then you will get a radar return if you go on to the next step.

Nevertheless, that is the short of it, next go to your radar and set-up the radar, and even after all of this if you are not flying at the same FL as the weather you will still not get a return so, make a note of the cloud hight on the weather page and that is the box above where you made the settings...

(this is good for any aircraft in X-Plane and needing to setup the wx)
captbullett   

peterfly3 wrote:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screen Shot...Weather.jpg 339.1 kb, 210 downloads since 2015-09-18