Re: X-Life ver 4 for X-Plane 11

I don't have AI turned on in XP

Hi

x-life v4 works really good for me but I have one big problem when editing a airport.

I cant get the planes turn around at the end of a runway, the planes is going to fast and when reaching the turn point they just make a silly turn. Whatever I do the planes ignores my taxi route when on a runway. Older versions of x life this works but not in v4

HI, I really appreciate and enjoy the new version,
few things anyway are a bit weird.
In case of clearance I can't ask for a different runway (same direction for ex 22L instead of 22R)... in the previous version it was possible all the time.

Also I had the problem of "flight not started" and unfortunately even after the update the problem is there.

Stupid question, is there a way to have a see-through console and maybe smaller?
Is there a way to make the ATC say the name of the company (like DLH for Lufthansa etc...)? a very nice plugin was doing that (124thATC)

Thank you and keep up the good work

204 (edited by S3rg1o 2018-12-03 15:29:42)

I'm having a strange behavior with X-Life v4
Anyone running XL v4 on 11.30 beta ? i'm running beta 6 and whenever I click to get clearence, ATC dialog simply disapears "below" my screen.
I can't reach it so I can drag it to normal position. Reloading doesn't solve it, only starting a new flight. but after a while it disapears again.
Anyone experiencig the same?

With beta versions of XP strange things may happen. I am not expecting a fix for this before 11.30 goes to rc

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

206 (edited by CrashCookies 2018-12-03 22:25:24)

did fresh install and entered key. But plugin menu still show Registration text.
create plan panel is missing some buttons only has send to atc button.
how get ATC panel to show?

UPDATE:

I am using XP 11.26 version.

I restarted XP and the ATC panel now shows. I like what you are doing with it.
There is no panel for enabling and disabling plugins ... your panel with the little check boxes ... it's gone.
After a while I couldn't close the ATC panel ... using red dot nor Windows 'x'.  Might be due to me resizing it.
Tower list on ATC panel needs column sizing adjustment.

207 (edited by CrashCookies 2018-12-04 14:33:51)

With the new version 4 I always have to click on 'on/off' to get the atc window to show.
Why not have a few more selections in that menu list to bypass the atc window, example to show the map?

x-life is working great!

I noticed today that some AI aircraft, landing or taking off, are piggy-backed with another plane. Looks funny.
Is this caused by x-life or x-plane?

X-Life window does not always close. Icon hand on little upper left red button seems to appear as it should but no joy.

J.A.Romano - Any updates coming soon? I mean, it's been useless for us with oculus rift for several months now sad

Hi J. A Romanov

I just update x-plane to the 11.30 version rc1, and when you start x-live I have a loss of 20 fps!. I have reinstalled x-life from 0 and I still have the same problem, of 42 fps without starting the plugin to 21 with the. Could you provide and any solution?

Thanks

I tried a flight from LFBH ( La Rochelle ) to EGKK, for some reason X-Life could not load a flight. Firstly it could not find a route from the stand to the runway, then when I tried to load the flight plan it rejected it. I then tried to get X-Life to generate a plan and nothing happened.
LFBH is shown on the X-Life airport list so I'm not sure why this is happening.

212 (edited by DIRK 2018-12-22 10:23:15)

When I push the On/Off the X-Plane program stops (falling out) What can be the problem??
Now I see the ATC Window, but when I put the button high/left the program falling out.
Than I read loading please wait, and then X-Plane 11 stopt!!

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Hello! This time X-Life plugin was reworked again. - please post you opinion about this version, post what you like/unlike

can do.

7 major issues/unlikes found for X-Life:

- flights from smaller airports into megahubs makes x-life simply waive off its service,
  you actually have to be in the close vicinity of an approved megahub before x-life finally starts working (severness level 10 of 10)

- interface horrible (gotten worse after the last reworks, transparent solution was good), (severness level 8 of 10)

- traffic overlaps with default static planes at airport docks (severness level: 4 of 10)

- IFR traffic only (severeness level 5 of 10), even helicopters need to file a flight plan.
  GA/VFR and Military Aviation are not considered in X-life.

- blocks game initialization with its own update process (severeness level: 10 of 10).
  This issue has been reported to Laminar as "highly disturbing".

- Activation of x-life at any time of flight blocks game for up to a minute. (severeness level: 9 of 10)

- Airline brands represented wrongly (european airlines at hawaiian docks, russian planes in miami, etc.),
  uncertainty if flight schedules are accurate. (severeness level: 8 of 10)

Despite these issues, jar's latest x-life product version has achieved an overall 4 of 10 quality points among x-plane addons,
mainly for its excellent AI-traffic algorhythm for wide body aircraft.

To achieve higher ratings, suggestions include:

- split off AI-traffic product from ATC-Services Product.
  The ATC part is a challenge of its own and at current stage drags down the overall quality.
  X-life is hardly identifyable as what product it wants to be.
- Reduce GUI-dominance, find leaner interaction standards (proposal designs available)
- co-ordinate with other product standards, including default (traffic, GUI, etc.)
- user to be in control of when and what to update
- blocking processor time and/or interruption of gameplay is considered a rather severe quality issue.
  This could drive consumers away from JAR products if not from the base product.
  Urgently find leaner process methods or more effient code.
- VR users give conventional users a hard time. 2 percent of the consumers actually have VR.
  Changing product content in favour to VR-users may have negative impact to the 98 percent mainstream users.
  We suggest seperating product versions. Main users should not be bothered with VR-issues.
- allow initialization of traffic if any of the flightplan waypoints or its final destination includes an approved airport.
  example: flight from KMTH to KMIA. The challenge here is to fly from a sleepy small airport into a highly conjested area.
  Why filing flight plans, if service is not working at point of departure? Bad mark for this product.
- a third-party gui interface should not disturb the actual game view. get that stuff to the left or right border of the screen
  and turn if off instantly when not needed or at will of user.

Thanks to the JAR-team for its dedicated work on X-Plane 3rd party add-on products.
We hope interaction with the consumer can be intensified ("the consumer is always right") so issues become solved more quickly and we would appreciate consumers involvement at earlier stages to avoid such issues at or after the time of publishing.

XPRT
x-plane product testing & reviewing team

214 (edited by Robdeajos 2019-01-01 19:00:11)

Having the same problem

X-life v4 working fine until I mouse scroll wheel on x-life panel, it changed the panel zoom, and then disappeared out the bottom of the screen, unable to get the panel back unless I restart x-plane
Using windows 10 and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010

I'm having the same problem.

X-life v4 working fine until I mouse scroll wheel on x-life panel, it changed the panel zoom, and then disappeared out the bottom of the screen, unable to get the panel back unless I restart x-plane
Using windows 10 and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010

J.A.Romanov - any news? Is this plugin still under active development?

I've had a longer chat with Romanov on Skype. He did not allow me to paste the chat here, but for us with Rift, he has no plans to fix it, as he does not know why it's not working, and he kinda don't have any interest in finding out why this happens.
Also his english was not that good, so he had a hard time understanding me :-/

It's been months since we have heard anything from JAR. We have no idea what further developments are planned if any. Perhaps he's waiting for 11.30 to go final is my only guess. IMO a developer that's committed to improvements shares info with it's product users. One can only assume this project is dead unless we hear otherwise which I hope we do. A lot of time and work had gone into it and it's a good product.

cmckjodi wrote:

It's been months since we have heard anything from JAR. We have no idea what further developments are planned if any. Perhaps he's waiting for 11.30 to go final is my only guess. IMO a developer that's committed to improvements shares info with it's product users. One can only assume this project is dead unless we hear otherwise which I hope we do. A lot of time and work had gone into it and it's a good product.

As you can see in the forum Jar has released an update to his A330 so you can guess that he is busy with that project at the moment. It‘s not said tht a project is dead just if you hear nothibg for monthts. Thats not the only project where you hear nothing for months: FF A320, Flyjsim 732, Flyjsim Dash8, xEnviro (which changed after a while). I think thats how it is with a fast changing sim and limited resources for developement of addons (cause of the small market).

Mr. Romanov have help me great 1 week ago.
My X-Live ver 4 for X-Plane 11 works now wonder full!!

Devirex wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:

As you can see in the forum Jar has released an update to his A330 so you can guess that he is busy with that project at the moment. It‘s not said tht a project is dead just if you hear nothibg for monthts. Thats not the only project where you hear nothing for months: FF A320, Flyjsim 732, Flyjsim Dash8, xEnviro (which changed after a while). I think thats how it is with a fast changing sim and limited resources for developement of addons (cause of the small market).

It would be nice to hear about any further development with X-Life that's all want to say thanks

222 (edited by laohu314 2019-01-08 14:00:58)

Crash at NWWW with X-Plane 11.3r2

OSXcrash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0zapln3vshpo … h.txt?dl=0
Log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/utgaibhqgb4pndw/Log.txt?dl=0

Same with XP 11.26r2

OSXcrash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3p5rbgo1tfmy … H.txt?dl=0
Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7t39egmjdr6f … g.txt?dl=0

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

Dear developper

Here's my wishlist which would make XL perfect for me:

• If there are no dedicated routes at the airport, try to generate it by XL. (World Traffic can do this - so it must be possible)

• Is it not possible to generate airport routes, assign a gate/spot with the message for example "Taxi to Gate A77 on your own discretion".

• When I want fly from A to B it is VERY ANNOYING first check if A and B ist supported by XL. When not, first manualy search these files and download them. If there is no file for B I have to fly to C or I can't use XL.

• Please respect the airport traffic flow. There are many sceneries with good airport traffic flows (for example active runway depends on time and wind, etc.). Sadly XL ignores the existing traffic flows.

• Please let us select EVERY runway for departure and/or arrival. AI traffic should follow this selection too. So we can simulate a traffic flow.

• When a landed aircraft leaves the runway I should line up. At the moment I have to wait until this aircraft has taxied to gate. (?)
    For example LSZH: When an aircraft landed on a runway ALL 3 runway are blocked until this aircraft taxied to the gate. Very unreal.

Thanks

just updated to xplane 11.30 and xlife crashes it on start up

Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/PluginAdmin/64/win.xpl (xpsdk.examples.pluginadmin).

C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/FJCC_x737FMC_lin.xpl : Error Code = 193 : %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Failed: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/FJCC_x737FMC_lin.xpl.  (This file is missing, not a DLL or could not be loaded due to another missing DLL.)

C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/FJCC_x737FMC_mac.xpl : Error Code = 193 : %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Failed: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/FJCC_x737FMC_mac.xpl.  (This file is missing, not a DLL or could not be loaded due to another missing DLL.)

Loaded UFMC/x737FMC plugin, all initialization done. Current version is V3.3 is copyright FJCC@2017, Javier Cortes.
He abierto C:\X-Plane 11-USA\Custom Data\UFMC\earth_awy.dat
Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/FJCC_x737FMC_win64.xpl (FJCC.x737FMC).

Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/NavigraphSimlink_64.xpl (Navigraph Simlink for X-Plane).

Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/AutoGate/64/win.xpl (Marginal.AutoGate).

Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/Com1RadioTuner/64/win.xpl (sandybarbour.projects.com1radiotuner).

G64:   0.000: Gizmo64 Script Engine v18.02.27.0200 Windows
G64:   0.000:      built: Feb 27 2018, 02:00:08
Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/win.xpl (gizmo.x-plugins.com).

Ground Handling Plugin by JARDesign v.040118 for X-Plane 10/11
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/execute
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_00
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_01
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_02
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_03
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_04
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_05
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_06
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_07
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_08
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_09
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_10
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_11
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_12
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_13
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_14
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_15
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_16
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_17
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_18
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_19
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_20
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_21
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_22
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_23
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_24
CUSTOM DATAREF (int): jd/ghd/select_25
Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/GndHandling/win.xpl (jardesign.crew.ground.handling).

PythonInterfaceVersionNumber = 2.73.06
Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11-USA/Resources/plugins/PythonInterface/64/win.xpl (sandybarbour.projects.pythoninterface).

X-Life plugin by JARDesign Ver.v.4_210718
XL: 0 : UUID=2856e5fb-a0a4-4a84-9a03-21bcd04e7f5e
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-Life/win.xpl}==--

Does anyone else have issues with runway naming in x-life?   e.g.: Arriving at airport Lyon (LFLL), X-life landing runway is 18R, while all other flight planning tools have runway 17R (runway 18R non-existing). I've had the same issue with other airports (like LSGG). 

For LSGG, I tried to copy the apt.dat from the scenery to aiports/LSGG.dat in the x-life folder. But then, x-life went un-responsive in that airport.

Anyone has a hint?