Re: X-Life ver 4 for X-Plane 11

Hi, i have a maybe a bug with the new Version 4.

I Upgrade from Version 2 to 4. I deleted the Folder and copied the new one in Plugins. I have a Deluxe Serial, and entered it, after i startet the sim. I restarted the sim and now, always when i open the Overlay, i get some strange behavior. I get two Overlay Menu's, the correct one with the correct size and a bigger one. The smaller one is under the bigger one. Also, i cannot Press any button in the bigger one. My Whole View from the sim Zoom's. When i close the Window (the correct one -> the smaller) the zoom is getting to standard. As soon i reopen the X-life Overlay it zoom's and i get these two overlays. Its very annoying and i can't use the tool like that.
I would like to tell you what i have done so far and how i'm running my sim, may it will help you to solve my problem:
I reinstalled my X-Life -> i deleted the folder and redownloadet it from here. After that i copied my folder to the Plugin Folder. -> No Fix
I overwritten the win.xpl, you posted it some pages back -> No Fix

I run my sim in 4k 60Hz with the settings almost maxed out. I have a Nvidia Titan X.

If you need more information or a Pic of the Bugy Overlay, just ask me.

Thank you
donoli

X-life v4 working fine until I mouse scroll wheel on x-life panel, it changed the panel zoom, and then disappeared out the bottom of the screen, unable to get the panel back unless I restart x-plane

Using windows 10 and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010

Departure plane UAE773 in taxi mode, all runways on hold for this plane, but plane UAE773 not found anywhere or near the runways

X-life v4 …..
Show ATC panel not visible on screen
ATC panel disappears off bottom of screen , can not get it back, therefore cannot interact with ATC

130 (edited by ivota 2018-08-05 14:52:31)

EagleLight wrote:

X-life v4 working fine until I mouse scroll wheel on x-life panel, it changed the panel zoom, and then disappeared out the bottom of the screen, unable to get the panel back unless I restart x-plane

Using windows 10 and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010

I confirm that bug.
It seems x-life window reach maximum window size then went out.

blincster wrote:

In VR, my fps drops 40% just bringing the xld userinterface up. This is in zibo mod. I have nvidia graphics card and have disabled threaded optimization.

You are not alone with this bug. A lot of us have this problem. Someone need to get J.A.Romanov on skype and show him, so he can troubleshoot it for us all.

132 (edited by cmckjodi 2018-08-06 00:23:16)

Have noticed with this newest Deluxe build I get a lot of "go arounds" on final approach especially if I choose an alternate runway to the one given by ATC. If traffic spacing is an issue then ATC needs to assign speed as what's done in real life. For instance "Jet Blue 1 maintain 140 knts and visual separation" Or if speed can be shown on the AI on the radar of the AI traffic would be very helpful. When told to go around the landing runway is never busy with other aircraft so not sure of the reason. I don't use VR and not bothered by frame rates at all. I did have an issue with the X-Life window disappearing from the screen as others have said, but it has only happened once. Windows 10 4.0ghz 32RAM  Nvidia 970 GTX Thanks JAR for all your work and help

133 (edited by marcob 2018-08-07 00:25:16)

Hello I'm encuontered a bug, can't hear the atc voice, everithings works but the synt voice seem to read only the second line of text (if the text is too long) in fact i no longer hear the voice of the atc.
In my first test flight the voice work but from the second flight somethings gone wrong. no voice all time.
If helps i'm using - xp11 x- life 4 deluxe  - FF A320 Ultimate - betterpushback - xprealistic.

edit: tried with ixeg 737 and other planes. same bug. seems not related to the aircraft used.

An help would be appreciated.
Thanks

134 (edited by rafgath 2018-08-08 08:42:44)

marcob wrote:

Hello I'm encuontered a bug, can't hear the atc voice, everithings works but the synt voice seem to read only the second line of text (if the text is too long) in fact i no longer hear the voice of the atc.
In my first test flight the voice work but from the second flight somethings gone wrong. no voice all time.
If helps i'm using - xp11 x- life 4 deluxe  - FF A320 Ultimate - betterpushback - xprealistic.

edit: tried with ixeg 737 and other planes. same bug. seems not related to the aircraft used.

Thanks

Same here. It started happening when I installed IXEG 737 yesterday, before everything was fine.

Thanks,

Hello

Following installation Xlife v4 210718, Xplane 11.25 closes when loading.
Require to uninstall and install earlier version.

Cordially

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 24.22 kb, 358 downloads since 2018-08-08 

MrTee wrote:
blincster wrote:

In VR, my fps drops 40% just bringing the xld userinterface up. This is in zibo mod. I have nvidia graphics card and have disabled threaded optimization.

You are not alone with this bug. A lot of us have this problem. Someone need to get J.A.Romanov on skype and show him, so he can troubleshoot it for us all.

I have the same and we discussed the issue with Evgeny on Skype, but unfortunately there is no cure yet. Possibly connected to the weak machine, but there was nothing alike in ver.2.X. I have i5 6600k running on 4GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 and Oculus CV, XP (and Win10) installed on M.2 SSD. My X-plane loosing fps even if X-Life is not engaged, just shown active in plugin manager, but when it starts, fps drops up to 3-5... so I temporary removed XL from the XP plugins folder. Wish good luck to Evgeny, hope he will resolve the issue in the nearest future.

Yes, hope they fix it soon.
It seems that everyone with the issue is using Oculus?

rafgath wrote:
marcob wrote:

Thanks

Same here. It started happening when I installed IXEG 737 yesterday, before everything was fine.

Thanks,

same here too, even with default aircraft...

blincster wrote:

Yes, hope they fix it soon.
It seems that everyone with the issue is using Oculus?

Seems so. I've not seen anyone with Vive report this.
X-life is pr now unusable in VR with Rift atleast sad

sorry am confused, is v4 final cuz seeing for sale on the org, and is there any discount for customers , bought x life for xp10 on the org

Hi, I tried normal version with VR oculus rift and it works great in regards to FPS, I'm getting 30-40fps, I just programmed the say command to a button in controller, that way I don't need to be taking my glasses off to read the screen, is there a way to manually enter the frequency in the radio? the problem I have is that I need to take the glasses off in order to change the frequency, if this is possible it would be more real in VR mode.

Jazzwings16 wrote:

Hi, I tried normal version with VR oculus rift and it works great in regards to FPS, I'm getting 30-40fps, I just programmed the say command to a button in controller, that way I don't need to be taking my glasses off to read the screen, is there a way to manually enter the frequency in the radio? the problem I have is that I need to take the glasses off in order to change the frequency, if this is possible it would be more real in VR mode.

Hi! Why don't you use X-Life VR panel though?
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/7092/t/p1cl1ck23lkar7p811kj11tp3v33.jpg

the reason why I don't use it is because version 4 is to slow in my computer 4-5 frames not playable in VR, the normal version runs pretty fast though, is there fix to run version 4 faster in Oculus rift? I don't see it here in this discussion.

Jazzwings16 wrote:

the reason why I don't use it is because version 4 is to slow in my computer 4-5 frames not playable in VR, the normal version runs pretty fast though, is there fix to run version 4 faster in Oculus rift? I don't see it here in this discussion.

I just thought you are the first man with Oculus having no problem with ver.4. Seems, like your "normal version" stands for ver.2.X, right? But the thread is about ver.4 so I did not get the idea smile
As I mentioned before, ver.2.X works fine for me too, but it's useless in VR.

S3rg1o wrote:
rafgath wrote:
marcob wrote:

Thanks

Thanks,

Hello,

same here, as well. I got temporary fixed with uninstall and new install. Then after 3 times of starting XP and flights it comes back. In log file you can see that ATC text only written second line in comparison with XL ATC window. Means that first line of ATC text do not occure in log.txt. The ATIS information do not comes out speech synthetics, as well since V 4.

Best wishes

Second CTD today by X-Life v4 210718.
Log attached.
Thanks

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 55.55 kb, 348 downloads since 2018-08-17 

Ramzes wrote:
Jazzwings16 wrote:

I just thought you are the first man with Oculus having no problem with ver.4. Seems, like your "normal version" stands for ver.2.X, right? But the thread is about ver.4 so I did not get the idea smile
As I mentioned before, ver.2.X works fine for me too, but it's useless in VR.

Yes that is what I meant version 2.x, it works fine in VR other than taking my glasses off to change frequency.

annette-kuehnelt wrote:
S3rg1o wrote:
rafgath wrote:

Thanks,

Hello,

same here, as well. I got temporary fixed with uninstall and new install. Then after 3 times of starting XP and flights it comes back. In log file you can see that ATC text only written second line in comparison with XL ATC window. Means that first line of ATC text do not occure in log.txt. The ATIS information do not comes out speech synthetics, as well since V 4.

Best wishes

I' ve disabled v4 and install v2 to test things out. I didn't have voice issues at all, all lines are spoken. then I've returned to v4 and I lost voice again... something is messing with v4.

149 (edited by VadimAir 2018-08-21 10:30:00)

X-Life v4.
Can you make quick scroll left and right in the flight plan string by holding pressed arrow keys '<-' and '->'?
Thank you.

150 (edited by FerDiaz 2018-08-25 09:35:52)

Another 2 CTD's today by X-Life v4 210718.
Log attached.
Thanks

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 46.12 kb, 353 downloads since 2018-08-25