Re: X-Life ver 4 for X-Plane 11

Blueflare wrote:

Anyone else having this issue.

Version 4 CTD after about half hour flying, log file always shows XL as last entry. Sometimes it crashes after pushing a tab on the Deluxe panel.
It has been running fine for a couple of weeks since installing, and I think the problem started after the last X-plane update v11.25

I have reinstalled previous version of X-Life and that works fine

Any ideas?

If you have xlife.dmp file in X-Plane root folder - please attach it too

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

ilankrt wrote:
almdudler wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

Hmm.. I prefer this way, and yes, I am russian, like most of JARDesign crew, Flight Factor crew, DDen, X-Enviro..  and this "do everything the opposite way" - wow, this is hot!

Plus in concept may increase showed area or increase showed objects. As your mousewheel can scroll text to one way at Microsoft products and to opposite way at Apple products. Both are from USA. Both is good. I mean "good" if you are flexible enough to accept the possibility of using both directions and just have fan from it.

i certainly  respect your position J., and thank you for reading the users' concerns.
most of your work is pretty good, no doubt.
All i wanted to achieve is to raise your awareness to the front end design issues your products have for a part of the audience
and that you could do even better with turning critics into improvements.

My critics is simple: The changes on the ATC, flight plan and interface have damaged your product.
Many users don't like the changes.
you might prefer it your way, but selling products for money means listening to the customers.
Sometimes they just better......

May I ask, who has chosen you to judge in our name what is good or bad in JAR X-Life? Your speech is also quite outrageous. You should be glad that there is this plugin and enjoy it.

I agree JAR and his crew do the best they can to listen to us and give us what we want. He does listen to his customers of course he does! Is everything perfect for everyone and yourself? Perhaps not oh well so be it. Be glad for what we have.

cmckjodi wrote:
ilankrt wrote:
almdudler wrote:

i certainly  respect your position J., and thank you for reading the users' concerns.
most of your work is pretty good, no doubt.
All i wanted to achieve is to raise your awareness to the front end design issues your products have for a part of the audience
and that you could do even better with turning critics into improvements.

My critics is simple: The changes on the ATC, flight plan and interface have damaged your product.
Many users don't like the changes.
you might prefer it your way, but selling products for money means listening to the customers.
Sometimes they just better......

May I ask, who has chosen you to judge in our name what is good or bad in JAR X-Life? Your speech is also quite outrageous. You should be glad that there is this plugin and enjoy it.

I agree JAR and his crew do the best they can to listen to us and give us what we want. He does listen to his customers of course he does! Is everything perfect for everyone and yourself? Perhaps not oh well so be it. Be glad for what we have.

mmh, not sure why these guys can't take any critics. After all, some users want to let JAR know how they could improve.
in this respect i have to admit that the atc interface could use improvement, it does indeed block the screen. and i need to wait long till that window turns away.

How about going for a circuit? i can't do circuit training VFR around a controlled airport.

i am judging in my name, and yes, it needs re-design. Why not do the real thing?

My suggestion: make the interfaces smaller and get them off the screen somewhere to the corner of the screen. The window should be half transparent. The voices are hard to hear, and other traffic participiants are not hearable at all.
Not sure where this is going, but in real life - as most of you experience yourselves in your pilot jobs too - ATC voice is extremely intense and criss crosses the scene.
Let's be positive and create for the better, rather than banging on status quo or ignoring critical voices.
My oppinion.

KMG I see that you became just today a registered member. We are here working together with JAR for years (!), testing his products and criticising failures and bugs in a friendly manner honouring his cooperation and the fact that all new versions are at no charge!  So please don't try to judge us as polemicists. Suggestions are always welcome from everyone as with the new ATC design. I suggested also for example to try to make the interface half transparent and JAR certainly takes notice.
BTW if you put your mouse over interface and scroll the wheel it will become smaller/bigger .......

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

kmg wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

mmh, not sure why these guys can't take any critics. After all, some users want to let JAR know how they could improve.
in this respect i have to admit that the atc interface could use improvement, it does indeed block the screen. and i need to wait long till that window turns away.

How about going for a circuit? i can't do circuit training VFR around a controlled airport.

i am judging in my name, and yes, it needs re-design. Why not do the real thing?

My suggestion: make the interfaces smaller and get them off the screen somewhere to the corner of the screen. The window should be half transparent. The voices are hard to hear, and other traffic participiants are not hearable at all.
Not sure where this is going, but in real life - as most of you experience yourselves in your pilot jobs too - ATC voice is extremely intense and criss crosses the scene.
Let's be positive and create for the better, rather than banging on status quo or ignoring critical voices.
My oppinion.

1.You can make panel smaller/bigger using mousewheel
2.You can increase ATC voice volume using X-Plane sound menu
3.If you dont like actual panel design, you may download and use prev version
4.Like all other software you use this plugin AS IS

ilankrt wrote:

KMG I see that you became just today a registered member. We are here working together with JAR for years (!), testing his products and criticising failures and bugs in a friendly manner honouring his cooperation and the fact that all new versions are at no charge!  So please don't try to judge us as polemicists. Suggestions are always welcome from everyone as with the new ATC design. I suggested also for example to try to make the interface half transparent and JAR certainly takes notice.
BTW if you put your mouse over interface and scroll the wheel it will become smaller/bigger .......

thanks!

107 (edited by coldfuture 2018-07-29 12:55:32)

I'm pretty sure X-Life is causing my game to crash, but I don't know why it's doing this. Please help. Attached is my log -----

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 121.17 kb, 455 downloads since 2018-07-29 

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Blueflare wrote:

Version 4 CTD after about half hour flying, log file always shows XL as last entry. Sometimes it crashes after pushing a tab on the Deluxe panel.
It has been running fine for a couple of weeks since installing, and I think the problem started after the last X-plane update v11.25

Any ideas?

I cannot see any xlife.dmp files anywhere.

I have now downloaded and reinstalled several times with no change, I have however noticed that if I do not activate Deluxe it does not crash.
Also the Deluxe window will not resize using mouse scroll wheel, dont know if this is also part of my problem.

Here are the last few lines of the log

XL: 1076 : Autogen flight: C172 g4
0:23:08.417 I/ATC: Airport flow changed at EGKB!
CurFlow: Southerly NewFlow: Westerly
0:23:08.417 I/ATC: Changing EGKB CabState from 0 to 1
0:23:08.417 I/ATC: All departures are done at EGKB. Advancing...
0:23:08.417 I/ATC: Changing EGKB CabState from 1 to 2
0:23:08.417 I/ATC: All arrivals are done at EGKB. Advancing...
0:23:08.417 I/ATC: Changing EGKB CabState from 2 to 0
XL: 1091 : Autogen flight: BE20 N145LG
XL: 1106 : Autogen flight: B77W JAI
XL: 1107 : JARDesign plugin: C:\Users\User\Documents\Xplane\Resources\plugins\X-Life (4)\Metar/EGLL.TXT file updated.
XL: 1107 : JARDesign plugin: C:\Users\User\Documents\Xplane\Resources\plugins\X-Life (4)\Metar/EGCC.TXT file updated.
XL: 1116 : Autogen flight: CRJ7 ASH
XL: 1121 : Autogen flight: BE20 TI-TCT
XL: 1126 : Autogen flight: A320 HAY

XL: 1107 : JARDesign plugin: C:\Users\User\Documents\Xplane\Resources\plugins\X-Life (4)\Metar/EGLL.TXT file updated.
XL: 1107 : JARDesign plugin: C:\Users\User\Documents\Xplane\Resources\plugins\X-Life (4)\Metar/EGCC.TXT file updated.

111 (edited by annette-kuehnelt 2018-07-30 07:34:40)

Blueflare wrote:

Dear Blueflare,

first of all your directory for XP in *\User\documents tree is not the best case. Better to create another partition or separate drive and move it out in directory which was created by yourself with admin privilegs (when your Windows account is in role administrator (usualy per default) you can just create directory) for example create: C:\flightsim\Xplane\  better like D:\flightsim\XPlane... . But its up to you. I feel the same as you that latest XP update 11.25 causes some issues, respectively runs not as smooth as before...

@Jar: As I reported earlier that sometimes Xlife cause CTD, I could sort out that some Windows updates produce COM failures. So I removed all updates since June and update again. After procedure there was no CTD anymore. But one thing I could figure out is that sometimes when runway flow changes according to weather (wind direction from Metar) traffic flow hangs. Means that XLife traffic is on ground but do not move, respectively in air is no move of traffic. Mostly it works.

Another topic is that XLife traffic cruising has gear down. For example, I attached sreenshot from fl 30k.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/3642/t/p1cjl0sdhb11vhsp7c9c1b0lkme3.jpg

I want to sent friendly greetings to Russia!

Best wishes

Thanks for your input. I already have another new copy of X-Plane on my external drive that also produces the same problem.
On this version, I have no other plugins installed.

Here are the last few lines of the log from the latest attempt.

0:22:44.132 I/ATC: Airport flow changed at EGBJ!
CurFlow: 27 Small NewFlow: 09 Big
0:22:44.132 I/ATC: Changing EGBJ CabState from 0 to 1
0:22:44.132 I/ATC: All departures are done at EGBJ. Advancing...
0:22:44.132 I/ATC: Changing EGBJ CabState from 1 to 2
0:22:44.132 I/ATC: All arrivals are done at EGBJ. Advancing...
0:22:44.132 I/ATC: Changing EGBJ CabState from 2 to 0
XL: 1112 : Autogen flight: C421 8P-EAA
XL: 1117 : Autogen flight: A320 LZB
0:22:57.674 I/ATC: Airport flow changed at EGTB!
CurFlow: ATC Flow Runway 17 NewFlow: ATC Flow Runway 6
0:22:57.674 I/ATC: Changing EGTB CabState from 0 to 1
0:22:57.674 I/ATC: All departures are done at EGTB. Advancing...
0:22:57.674 I/ATC: Changing EGTB CabState from 1 to 2
0:22:57.674 I/ATC: All arrivals are done at EGTB. Advancing...
0:22:57.674 I/ATC: Changing EGTB CabState from 2 to 0
XL: 1122 : Autogen flight: C150 r4

Greetings! Excuse me, but where is "report top of descend" in the radio check? because of this there is no chances to set STAR, maybe i'm doing something wrong?

114 (edited by jcatlga 2018-08-01 02:12:49)

I have been using the free version for some time and recently bought the payware copy. I was looking for a simple to use ATC program that doesn't "get in the way". This program is close but it has a few show stoppers right now. I am hoping these points can be addressed in an update. And I don't believe these will be overly difficult, the technology is already there, it just needs to be extended.

-I like the undock feature to move to a second screen. But it minimizes and becomes hidden. Then it will open again on the main screen blocking the view of cockpit. It should stay open and undocked on the second screen instead of minimizing. This is the biggest issue for me right now.

-There are keyboard shortcuts up and down and enter to say text. There should be shortcuts for left and right to switch frequencies between Tower and Approach etc. I want to quickly respond to ATC, and not have it affect flying.

-There is no option (I know of) to hear the audio of the pilot talking(?)  This could be an option to turn off and on the audio of the pilot speaking.

-I was hoping it would support preset custom weather but it only supports current real world weather. This is real important because I do many flights with custom weather.

-Lastly, it would be nice if the program could display some simple directions somehow to get to the runway and gate. Maybe just like: [--> 50 feet]   etc. 

Thanks,
John.

115 (edited by rickkimmick 2018-08-01 21:56:35)

Direct quote from Manual;
"ATC panel have auto-hide function. If so - you may show it again - please move your mouse over SHOW ATC PANEL lable. "
SHOW ATC PANEL does not show up on screen with this version, and there is no other way to bring the ATC panel back up after the auto hide.

annette-kuehnelt wrote:

Another topic is that XLife traffic cruising has gear down. For example, I attached sreenshot from fl 30k.

Hmm.. Gear Down? This may happen with OpenSceneryX Objects, but not Bluebell. What library you use exactly?

rickkimmick wrote:

"ATC panel have auto-hide function. If so - you may show it again - please move your mouse over SHOW ATC PANEL lable. "
SHOW ATC PANEL does not show up on screen with this version, and there is no other way to bring the ATC panel back up after the auto hide.

Have this worked well. May be you can demonstrate how this going on your side via skype j.a.romanov ?

insular wrote:

Greetings! Excuse me, but where is "report top of descend" in the radio check? because of this there is no chances to set STAR, maybe i'm doing something wrong?

You will get it when you reach CRZ FL

Blueflare wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
Blueflare wrote:

Any ideas?

I cannot see any xlife.dmp files anywhere.

I have now downloaded and reinstalled several times with no change, I have however noticed that if I do not activate Deluxe it does not crash.
Also the Deluxe window will not resize using mouse scroll wheel, dont know if this is also part of my problem.

please skype me j.a.romanov with this!

J.A.Romanov wrote:
annette-kuehnelt wrote:

Hmm.. Gear Down? This may happen with OpenSceneryX Objects, but not Bluebell. What library you use exactly?

Добрый день Mr. Romanov,

I use the Bluebell library as the open scenery is from visual quality not my taste. The bluebell lib loading correctly and no error in log.

I observed the gear down since Xlife 2.x. In my view this belongs to generated cruising traffic which load after sending flight plan to XLife ATC. The animations for XLife departing aircrafts (like gear up) works fine and they do not gear down in flight, as I could observe for some flights with nearly same route. In general this is no big deal for me, I just want to report. The screenshot shows skin from bluebell.

Many thanks for your answer.

Best wishes and Приятного уик-энда

121 (edited by Blackcat 2018-08-03 17:19:32)

Hello!

I installed version 4, but the plugin is not visible in Xplane 10.

the LOG error is this one:

C: \ X-Plane 10 / Resources / plugins / X-Life / win.xpl: Error Code = 127: The specified procedure was not found. (The specified procedure was not found.)

Why !!!
Thanks

Xplane 10.51
Windows 7 64

J.A.Romanov wrote:
rickkimmick wrote:

Have this worked well. May be you can demonstrate how this going on your side via skype j.a.romanov ?

After restarting the game several times it started working fine.  The work around I used when this happened though, was to set the ATC panel to a web browser view and move it to my second screen.

Blackcat wrote:

Hello!

I installed version 4, but the plugin is not visible in Xplane 10.

the LOG error is this one:

C: \ X-Plane 10 / Resources / plugins / X-Life / win.xpl: Error Code = 127: The specified procedure was not found. (The specified procedure was not found.)

Why !!!
Thanks

Xplane 10.51
Windows 7 64

I think version 4 is for XPlane 11 only (because of new window design) You should be able to use latest build of Version 2.

I‘m just a user so no offical answer, just want to help.

In VR, my fps drops 40% just bringing the xld userinterface up. This is in zibo mod. I have nvidia graphics card and have disabled threaded optimization.

125 (edited by Blackcat 2018-08-04 06:36:44)

oops! small detail that had escaped me ;-) , thank you devirex.
  yes, I know, I'm part of the family of endangered species.