Re: X-Life ver 4 for X-Plane 11

Ponk wrote:

I'm having many issues with V4, previous version worked well.

1) The new menu is very large and gets in the way of your instruments.  After takeoff, regardless of if you have filed a flight plan or not, this menu always pops up, covering the complete cockpit, or outside view.  This menu should stay hidden unless the user commands it open!   The menu in the previous version was much small and more transparent.

2) Once the menu is open, i can find no way to close it!  Pressing the red dot in the corner does nothing??

3) I have the deluxe version, but see no options for the deluxe menu which was very convenient

4) To solve most of the issue above, keep the menu closed unless the user asks for it to open, either view a small menu like before, or, a very good solution would be a key press which toggles the menu open and closed, this would be perfect, and could be mapped to a joystick button.  Currently I use the keyboard to do the commands, but there seems to be no keyboard command for menu open close.

5) The problem of departing aircraft taking off to fast is still there, they seem to go 400kts immediately after takeoff so you always have TA/RA warnings after takeoff as all following aircraft fly past you!  It would be good if they had a 200kt limit to 2000ft agl then 250kt to 10'000ft, that would solve the issue completely.

6) A suggestion, I fly 50% with flight plan, 50% withouth.  It would be really good if you could have aircraft at the arrival airport, even without a flight plan.  One way I do it, is turn of X-life in cruise, then about 10nm from the arrival airport, turn it back on, and traffic is generated at the airport (usually).  Would it be possible for traffic to be auto generated at airports within say 20nm and when your aircraft is under 5000ft?

7)I seem to often have a bug where the runway is use is opposite to the wind direction, not always, but quite often.  Is this a known bug?  For instance, ENBR, Bergen, wind 300 at 10 kts, RW in use 17?

8) Lastly, it would be nice if you chose not to file a flight plan, that the ATC just ignored you, traffic generation at destination airport would be great in this instance (see point 6).

For now I am back to the previous version, I can post pics or videos of the problems mentioned above.

1. it is resizeable with mouse wheel. Please read manual.
2. fixed with v4_210718
3. "deluxe" menu exist only at free version to allow you register plugin and get Deluxe version
4. Custom command already exist. Please read manual.
5. "seem to go 400kts" - really seems, speed is Ok and below 250/10000 at least
6. To know what airport should be used as arrival, plugin expect from you short plan, at least EDDF DCT EDDM as flightplan.
7. Plugin read wind from real servers and select RW using this data. If you not use real weather in your sim - yes, this may happen.
8. No way to know what apt should be used as destignation. For v4_210718 you may turn on traffic and no more - you will get departure and transit traffic in this case.

v4_210718 will be posted today.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

77 (edited by Ramzes 2018-07-21 13:49:20)

xlife_v4_090718 eats a lot of fps. approx 20-30 just after enabling the plugin (see pics). Trying to enable X-Life in VR cause to 2-3 fps. Which makes absolutely impossible to use the plugin. Previous ver (2.XXX) were much more fps friendly.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 1.JPG 203.58 kb, 179 downloads since 2018-07-21 

Attachment icon 2.JPG 197.63 kb, 145 downloads since 2018-07-21 

v.4_210718 (updated build of v.4) just posted
+ long Callsign is possible now
+ "cant close" ATC Panel issue fixed
+ takeoff without clearance issue fixed
+ any Departure Airport may be entered at FPLN page

to update v.4 you may redownload .xpl files only

If someone have unreal low FPS with VR, please contact me skype j.a.romanov - i need this cause i have not this issue with VR

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mac.xpl 1.38 mb, 385 downloads since 2018-07-21 

Attachment icon win.xpl 2.04 mb, 551 downloads since 2018-07-21 

What VR headset do you use J.A.Romanov?
I tried ..718 now and its worse than _ever_ in VR. I have the RIFT headset.
It is 100% sure that there is something wrong with Xlife in VR.
You other people here with problems, what VR-headset do you have?

MrTee wrote:

I have Oculus Rift but there is nothing to do with headset vendor. As I mentioned before, FPS dramatically drops after just activating the plugin through the plugin manager in XP, without even enabling it (check pictures attached to my previous post)!
Unfortunately I'm not able to communicate to Evgeniy via skype at the moment, so maybe later.

I don't use VR but happy to report for me there are no FPS issues with this new build. Was getting 48 at KLAS and 60 in the air. Running XP version 11.25, Windows 10, 4.0gz,  32 RAM, Nvidia 970. My graphic settings are all about 3/4 of the way. I actually backed off my settings a little and picked up a ton of frames. Plenty of traffic at KSLC upon landing with lots of traffic on the radar. Just mouse over info window to resize it. Works for me I like the performance. Thanks JAR

Would be great if after a flight you could make and generate a new flight plan to go on to another destination. This is not possible now unless you close out X Plane and restart the program

cmckjodi wrote:

Would be great if after a flight you could make and generate a new flight plan to go on to another destination. This is not possible now unless you close out X Plane and restart the program

+++++++

It seems that JAR can not resolve this problem. I wrote for this problem two times, but still not fixed, even in last post of JAR say:
+ any Departure Airport may be entered at FPLN page.
Departure and alternative airport still can not be entered if you want to go to next destination without close out X Plane and restart the program.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

Ramzes wrote:
MrTee wrote:

I have Oculus Rift but there is nothing to do with headset vendor. As I mentioned before, FPS dramatically drops after just activating the plugin through the plugin manager in XP, without even enabling it (check pictures attached to my previous post)!
Unfortunately I'm not able to communicate to Evgeniy via skype at the moment, so maybe later.

--

I know. I even made a video 13 days ago to show him this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFfMwqT4g4).
He still says there is nothing wrong with VR.
What i have found it, is that if you start sim in 2D, and do the route page in 2D, then chose an other window, like atis, then go into VR it operates much better. Very strange.

Darko24 wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:

+++++++

It seems that JAR can not resolve this problem. I wrote for this problem two times, but still not fixed, even in last post of JAR say:
Departure and alternative airport still can not be entered if you want to go to next destination without close out X Plane and restart the program.

You can do this!
Just use "right arrow/key right" in the Departure field until the end. Then use "backspace" and enter the new icao code.
It work's fine for me.

mumax wrote:
Darko24 wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:

+++++++

You can do this!
Just use "right arrow/key right" in the Departure field until the end. Then use "backspace" and enter the new icao code.
It work's fine for me.

Thanks for the info I will try it!

87 (edited by Izzara 2018-07-23 19:11:36)

Hello,

I am trying to plan a flight between EDDF and CYYZ but I always have an error when I want to transmit to ATC.
My AIRAC (1808) are identical in X-LIFE and in the CUSTOM DATA folder. AIRAC fms is 1808 too.
The flight plan comes from RouteFinder. It is imported into X-LIFE using a text file

Error is ==> Flight Plan error: J553 DICEN Q848 Segment Error

Do you have an idea to solve this problem?

My flight plane is :
EDDF SID OBOKA UZ28 SUPUR UP1 GODOS M981 NATEB L602 GOW DCT GOMUP 59N020W 60N030W 60N040W 58N050W CUDDY N662A UM N678A YBC J555 ML J553 DICEN Q848 LETAK STAR CYYZ

Thanks

menu window blocks half of a pc-screen.
not so happy with the new 4.0 deluxe design, was better before.
can i speak to the designer to add proposal please.

radar view:

plus and minus are wrong.
Minus should enlarge area, plus should zoom in.
(i am aware that russians do everything the opposite way)

can you please switch.

almdudler wrote:

menu window blocks half of a pc-screen.
not so happy with the new 4.0 deluxe design, was better before.
can i speak to the designer to add proposal please.

Just mouse over it and press the control wheel to resize it

MrTee wrote:

I tried ..718 now and its worse than _ever_ in VR. I have the RIFT headset.
It is 100% sure that there is something wrong with Xlife in VR.

HTC Vive Pro for now.

almdudler wrote:

radar view:

can you please switch.

Hmm.. I prefer this way, and yes, I am russian, like most of JARDesign crew, Flight Factor crew, DDen, X-Enviro..  and this "do everything the opposite way" - wow, this is hot!

Plus in concept may increase showed area or increase showed objects. As your mousewheel can scroll text to one way at Microsoft products and to opposite way at Apple products. Both are from USA. Both is good. I mean "good" if you are flexible enough to accept the possibility of using both directions and just have fan from it.

MrTee wrote:
Ramzes wrote:
MrTee wrote:

--

I know. I even made a video 13 days ago to show him this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFfMwqT4g4).
He still says there is nothing wrong with VR.
What i have found it, is that if you start sim in 2D, and do the route page in 2D, then chose an other window, like atis, then go into VR it operates much better. Very strange.

As I cant get this issue on my side (really work well with my VR), I still need someone with this issue for direct skype contact to check how this going.

94 (edited by S3rg1o 2018-07-24 20:14:27)

I'm getting CTDs since last update. I can't run XP with X-Life
please help

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 19.37 kb, 372 downloads since 2018-07-24 

S3rg1o wrote:

please help

Please redownload and reinstall full ZIP pack in this case.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
S3rg1o wrote:

please help

Please redownload and reinstall full ZIP pack in this case.

It's working now! thank you sir smile

97 (edited by cmckjodi 2018-07-26 19:28:59)

I had an issue with this latest build. I started a flight after using the airport editor. I generated a flight plan and when I clicked on Delivery the information window disappeared entirely from my screen and I was not able to use the mouse to get it back into view. I tried taking off thinking the window would come back to view, but still was not showing. Anyone else have this problem? Might be a bug. Perhaps an option would be to always make the information window available from the Plugins X-Life dropdown menu as well in case this happens. Attached is the DMP file from that flight if that helps. Thanks JAR and team

Post's attachments

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 191.92 kb, 236 downloads since 2018-07-26 

J.A.Romanov wrote:
almdudler wrote:

radar view:

can you please switch.

Hmm.. I prefer this way, and yes, I am russian, like most of JARDesign crew, Flight Factor crew, DDen, X-Enviro..  and this "do everything the opposite way" - wow, this is hot!

Plus in concept may increase showed area or increase showed objects. As your mousewheel can scroll text to one way at Microsoft products and to opposite way at Apple products. Both are from USA. Both is good. I mean "good" if you are flexible enough to accept the possibility of using both directions and just have fan from it.

i certainly  respect your position J., and thank you for reading the users' concerns.
most of your work is pretty good, no doubt.
All i wanted to achieve is to raise your awareness to the front end design issues your products have for a part of the audience
and that you could do even better with turning critics into improvements.

My critics is simple: The changes on the ATC, flight plan and interface have damaged your product.
Many users don't like the changes.
you might prefer it your way, but selling products for money means listening to the customers.
Sometimes they just better.

X-Plane has a severe issue with ATC, Flight Planning and Map Navigation, all users agree on that.

X-Life has gotten into that field, but did not solve anything but nice traffic and nice ground handling.

What X-plane needs, is a good operational interface that covers ATC and flight planning.
X-life is at 45 percent of what would be a good solution.

Don't hate me for the facts.

By the way: a plus + means zoom in by international agreement and standards.

Tell me if or when you ready to bind in creative users to improve your interface problems.

Thanks for listening.

almdudler wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
almdudler wrote:

radar view:

can you please switch.

i certainly  respect your position J., and thank you for reading the users' concerns.
most of your work is pretty good, no doubt.
All i wanted to achieve is to raise your awareness to the front end design issues your products have for a part of the audience
and that you could do even better with turning critics into improvements.

My critics is simple: The changes on the ATC, flight plan and interface have damaged your product.
Many users don't like the changes.
you might prefer it your way, but selling products for money means listening to the customers.
Sometimes they just better......

May I ask, who has chosen you to judge in our name what is good or bad in JAR X-Life? Your speech is also quite outrageous. You should be glad that there is this plugin and enjoy it.

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

Anyone else having this issue.

Version 4 CTD after about half hour flying, log file always shows XL as last entry. Sometimes it crashes after pushing a tab on the Deluxe panel.
It has been running fine for a couple of weeks since installing, and I think the problem started after the last X-plane update v11.25

I have reinstalled previous version of X-Life and that works fine

Any ideas?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 164.04 kb, 321 downloads since 2018-07-27