Re: X-Life ver 4 for X-Plane 11

X-life 4 are very nice and works fine, tested in long and shorts flights, whenever I starts new flight and fresh start X-plane.
My favorites flying is flying over Europe with JD A330 from airport to airport and using X-life. But there is some problems when I try to have continue to next airport. JAR can you solve this things
1. When I try to set new plan after landing and parking, I can not input departure airport, so I cant create new flight, trouble is even with input FL. When Importing plan from plane MCDU I can set FL and ICAO Arrival but departure airport can not be set, they stay initial airport where I start X-plane. In ATIS are named this airport, data of RW and other data is set to airport where I am parking and try to start new flight. Delivery are correct set to airport where I am.
2. Can you set that when airport plan is imported from aircraft, Departure ICAO, arrival ICAO and FL is input automatic in flight plan and can be send to ATC in other case we must input this data manual.

JAR thanks for your hard work and all updates to make X-life like real.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

52 (edited by vladimir.pirush 2018-07-11 18:09:47)

cmckjodi wrote:
vladimir.pirush wrote:

Good evening. I have a problem of this nature - when you turn on the menu, dial the train, trying to enter the destination airport, but it does not enter, the same with an alternative airport. It is impossible to generate the flight plan. Tell me what's the matter? Thank you in advance.

Can you post a screen shot for us? It's possible the destination airports are not verified or that you do not have .apt data files for your destination airports. What airports are you trying to use?

Want to fly from Tampere (EFTP) to Helsinki-Vantaa airport (EFHK). Enter the alternate airport, and wwseti EFHK does not. Enter English letters, "Shift" do not use.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2018-07-11_20-58-37.png 712.42 kb, 209 downloads since 2018-07-11 

Attachment icon 2018-07-11_20-58-37.png 712.42 kb, 166 downloads since 2018-07-11 

J.A.Romanov wrote:
vladimir.pirush wrote:

Good evening. I have a problem of this nature - when you turn on the menu, dial the train, trying to enter the destination airport, but it does not enter, the same with an alternative airport. It is impossible to generate the flight plan. Tell me what's the matter? Thank you in advance.

May be you trying to enter letter with Shift key? Or non-English key?

Want to fly from Tampere (EFTP) to Helsinki-Vantaa airport (EFHK). Enter the alternate airport, and wwseti EFHK does not. Enter English letters, "Shift" do not use.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2018-07-11_20-58-37.png 712.42 kb, 151 downloads since 2018-07-11 

Darko24 wrote:

X-life 4 are very nice and works fine, tested in long and shorts flights, whenever I starts new flight and fresh start X-plane.
My favorites flying is flying over Europe with JD A330 from airport to airport and using X-life. But there is some problems when I try to have continue to next airport. JAR can you solve this things
1. When I try to set new plan after landing and parking, I can not input departure airport, so I cant create new flight, trouble is even with input FL. When Importing plan from plane MCDU I can set FL and ICAO Arrival but departure airport can not be set, they stay initial airport where I start X-plane. In ATIS are named this airport, data of RW and other data is set to airport where I am parking and try to start new flight. Delivery are correct set to airport where I am.
2. Can you set that when airport plan is imported from aircraft, Departure ICAO, arrival ICAO and FL is input automatic in flight plan and can be send to ATC in other case we must input this data manual.

JAR thanks for your hard work and all updates to make X-life like real.

Hmm.. I dont know exactly is this possible without turn Off traffic or not. But I will look at this, thanks!

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

vladimir.pirush wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:
vladimir.pirush wrote:

Can you post a screen shot for us? It's possible the destination airports are not verified or that you do not have .apt data files for your destination airports. What airports are you trying to use?

So, you just cant enter EFHK as arrival airport? This not possible? (если что - можно и по-русски пояснить - я пойму)

MickToul wrote:

It's not possible to use AZERTY  keyboards, because the shift key is inoperent ... Please, do something for us !

Need enter small english letters, like abcdefg. Is this is possible for your keyboard?

MrTee wrote:

I can confirm that in VR, just opening the Xlife4 window drops the frames to half (from 45 to 22).
Closing the Xlife window brings the FPS back up to 45 FPS. (VR - Oculus Rift).
Look at this video I made of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFfMwqT4g4

X-Life drop framerate in VR mode and non-VR mode anyway. This is normal, cause X-Life eat many CPU and Videocard power to work well, to calculate and draw all traffic aircraft.

58 (edited by MrTee 2018-07-12 04:53:37)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
MrTee wrote:

I can confirm that in VR, just opening the Xlife4 window drops the frames to half (from 45 to 22).

X-Life drop framerate in VR mode and non-VR mode anyway. This is normal, cause X-Life eat many CPU and Videocard power to work well, to calculate and draw all traffic aircraft.

Yes, i know, but _this_ much? The latest version without VR is not like this. At _all_.
Even if i start xlife on a incompatible airport, where it add no airplanes, the framerate plummits. This can not be correct?

Btw: Did you even watch my video? I mean, i just open the xlife window, without even starting it, and the frames die.
If I press start it goes down to 2 FPS.

My specs are: Intel Core i7 @ 3.70GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Oculus Rift.
This should run just the Window of xlife4 well in VR. But it does not :-(

J.A.Romanov wrote:
vladimir.pirush wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:

So, you just cant enter EFHK as arrival airport? This not possible? (если что - можно и по-русски пояснить - я пойму)

I was able to do it using the AIRAC that comes with X-Life I see your version is most recent but I don't think that would make a difference. What alternative airport are you trying to use?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon IMG.JPG 219.66 kb, 168 downloads since 2018-07-11 

MrTee wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
MrTee wrote:

Yes, i know, but _this_ much? The latest version without VR is not like this. At _all_.
Even if i start xlife on a incompatible airport, where it add no airplanes, the framerate plummits. This can not be correct?

Btw: Did you even watch my video? I mean, i just open the xlife window, without even starting it, and the frames die.

My specs are: Intel Core i7 @ 3.70GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Oculus Rift.

This drop is not normal. But nobody can help you here. Skype is exist for direct help j.a.romanov

61 (edited by laohu314 2018-07-12 17:48:26)

I am periodically seeing AI aircraft "tunneling" underground across the airport (see screenshot). I also saw some AI aircraft take off, get to about 3000ft and then descend to far "under ground" levels.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Underground.png 210.04 kb, 157 downloads since 2018-07-12 

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

62 (edited by MrTee 2018-07-12 18:58:39)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
MrTee wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

This drop is not normal. But nobody can help you here. Skype is exist for direct help j.a.romanov

Okey :-) But just before I nag you on skype. Here is my summary:
At airport, big or small, compatible or not, I open the Xlife4 window and frames goes from 45FPS (45 due to Asynchronous Spacewarp) to 23FPS.
I close the Xlife window, FPS goes up to 45, but VR is stuttering like Xlife window is not closed properly.
I then switch from VR to 2D, framerate goes to 60 FPS and Xlife works perfect (but 2D suxs a** after playing in VR, so will never ever fly in 2D).

Any suggestions to anything I can try before contacting you on Skype?

Can anyone else here confirm that Xlife4 work fine for them in VR?

Because there is no part for general topics:

Is it possible that you create a page/thread that contains the link to latest versions
of your products and version numbers.  That would make it much easier to track
new versions and use up to date addons ?

X-Life Deluxe
GHD
FMCAR
JD320

64 (edited by annette-kuehnelt 2018-07-13 18:41:41)

Dear JAR,

I have following issue/ effect with latest X-Life version 4 in XPlane 4k resolution and XPLane user interface sice is set to 150% in graphic settings menu (running Windows 10):

Menu icons from A320 or X-Life radar are doubled

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/3642/t/p1ciaees91olu15fk52a1ln12rt3.jpg

Same effect with latest version of GHD

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/3642/t/p1ciaeicb0ftb1jun178b5791bve5.jpg

Effects not occour with settings of 100 % user interface sice in XP

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/3642/t/p1ciaemaplccd1q4iq6p10pp1iqm7.jpg

Would be nice when it works with 150 %, because 100 % XP nenu size in 4k is to small. (Ic checked my glasses and it is OK  wink )
I also attached log, but I do not think there are information for issue this topic.

Best wishes

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 70.93 kb, 390 downloads since 2018-07-13 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 358.67 kb, 353 downloads since 2018-07-13 

Hi

I have exactly the same issue for the same reasons .

If I use 100% screen size with 4K monitor or 1920 x 1080 , no issue .

jcdp

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.zip 29.54 kb, 233 downloads since 2018-07-13 

I7 5930k @ 3,5Ghz , 32 Go Ram, NVidia 970 4Go , W10 64 bits, SSD 500Go , HD 3To
Moniteur Acer K242HQK (3840x2160)
CH Products : Flight Sim Yoke , Pro pedals
X-plane 11.41r2

Dear JAR,

after several flights with Ver. 4, I want to report that generated traffic works randomly for me. Means that sometimes the airport on gates and stands are filled with XLife aircraft, but no movement on ground or sky. Other case is that traffic flows on departure airport, but at arrival is no traffic movement, but XL aircrafts parking at gates, as well. I can figure on radar that there is not realy much movement during flight. Latest version 3 sky was busy. I feel so lonly... wink

Best wishes

67 (edited by annette-kuehnelt 2018-07-15 09:00:21)

Dear JAR,

I could figure out that when I press the tower button in X-Life menu during flight CTD occours. I attached log file from latest case. X-Life dump file I can not attach as it was shown in log but was not written/changed after crash.

Another example with flight from EPWA to EDDP where after takeoff sky is empty (when X-Life was started there was some movement on airport, data of this example is in log as well) and traffic slider is set to 100 %. But as mentioned above sometimes traffic is there, sometimes not.

Many thanks in advance for your comment, respectively for your suggestion and handon.

Best wishes

Sorry, not x-life.dmp than fmgs.dmp is needed. I attach fmgs file here.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon fmgs.dmp 368.33 kb, 327 downloads since 2018-07-15 

Attachment icon Log.txt 85.76 kb, 373 downloads since 2018-07-14 

68 (edited by brunokoechel 2018-07-16 19:15:47)

Iam new in VR thats why thanks so much for porting this Addon to VR.

PC spec: I7 4790K
             GTX 1080
             16GB DDR 2400mhz
             X-Plane on SSD

So without X-Life my Ram is going to 9Gb (X-Plane minimized)
With Xlife (and bluebell Library) its going to 15,5 of 16 (X-Plane minimized so in real its more used)

That causes extremly stuttering and at the and a CTD without any message. Idont know what I can do. I have the 3JFPS script for more fps and no HD Mesh or Photos. So are 16GB Ram not enough actually for Xlife and VR? Using a Samsung Odyseey.

X-Life4 it works great for me. There is no drop in fps, no stuttering, great AI traffic.

X-Plane 11.30, JarDesign A320, Jardesign A330, Jardesign X-Life Deluxe, Jardesign Ground Handling Deluxe.

I'm having many issues with V4, previous version worked well.

1) The new menu is very large and gets in the way of your instruments.  After takeoff, regardless of if you have filed a flight plan or not, this menu always pops up, covering the complete cockpit, or outside view.  This menu should stay hidden unless the user commands it open!   The menu in the previous version was much small and more transparent.

2) Once the menu is open, i can find no way to close it!  Pressing the red dot in the corner does nothing??

3) I have the deluxe version, but see no options for the deluxe menu which was very convenient

4) To solve most of the issue above, keep the menu closed unless the user asks for it to open, either view a small menu like before, or, a very good solution would be a key press which toggles the menu open and closed, this would be perfect, and could be mapped to a joystick button.  Currently I use the keyboard to do the commands, but there seems to be no keyboard command for menu open close.

5) The problem of departing aircraft taking off to fast is still there, they seem to go 400kts immediately after takeoff so you always have TA/RA warnings after takeoff as all following aircraft fly past you!  It would be good if they had a 200kt limit to 2000ft agl then 250kt to 10'000ft, that would solve the issue completely.

6) A suggestion, I fly 50% with flight plan, 50% withouth.  It would be really good if you could have aircraft at the arrival airport, even without a flight plan.  One way I do it, is turn of X-life in cruise, then about 10nm from the arrival airport, turn it back on, and traffic is generated at the airport (usually).  Would it be possible for traffic to be auto generated at airports within say 20nm and when your aircraft is under 5000ft?

7)I seem to often have a bug where the runway is use is opposite to the wind direction, not always, but quite often.  Is this a known bug?  For instance, ENBR, Bergen, wind 300 at 10 kts, RW in use 17?

8) Lastly, it would be nice if you chose not to file a flight plan, that the ATC just ignored you, traffic generation at destination airport would be great in this instance (see point 6).

For now I am back to the previous version, I can post pics or videos of the problems mentioned above.

71 (edited by oltcitgames 2018-07-20 05:48:46)

Question: When you make the ATC window smaller does the text looks clear on your computers? On my unit, if I make the ATC window smaller I can not read the text anymore. It is very bad.

My computer specs:

Resolution 1920x1080
i7 processor
GTX 1080 graphic card
32 Memory

Hi Jar,

thanks for updateing x-life. I have also some Issues with the new window.

1) If you file a flightplan you can't enter a long callsign like "AIRFRANCE 2 6 PAPA FOXTROT" which is correctly said by the TTS engine. If you enter "AIRFRANCE 2 6 P F" TTS says "two six p f" and not "two six papa foxtrott"

2) If you hit "command say" button while window is hidden it fires up the selected command AND shows the window. It would be nice if the "command say" would only show the window if it was hidden on the first press and than fire the command on a second press. With the old version i was able to handle 95% of the atc action with one button while flying, now you need three "command up" which makes the window visible then "command down" to reselect the last "SAY"-box and then "command say" to actually say it. so 3 clicks on 3 different buttons instead of two clicks with one button.

Thanks in advace

Constant CTD Now Unusable
Hi there
I am now getting consistent CTD with X-life which I have now uninstalled
Log File attached
Would be great to get some assistance on this as really like the program

Thanks in Advance

Paul E Lee

The new v4 cause huge frame rate drop in VR

paulelee46 wrote:

Constant CTD Now Unusable
Hi there
I am now getting consistent CTD with X-life which I have now uninstalled
Log File attached
Would be great to get some assistance on this as really like the program

Thanks in Advance

Paul E Lee

Attach log.txt here just after crash happen or contact support with this file, please.