Re: X-Life ver 4 for X-Plane 11

Capto wrote:
Capto wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

One more idea - please try to put this .dll to X-Life plugin folder.

Another way - call me skype j.a.romanov to try sort out this issue.

Loaded now, thank you Jar.

But very bad FPS once is turned on, -30 or so, cpu issue.

If you have Nvidia videocard, you may try to play with Multithread optimisation option at Nvidia control panel. This may help sometimes.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Glew32dll works version 4 running fine using XP 11.21 Windows 10. Frames rates are Ok around 30 on the ground 45 in the air which usual for me. Thanks for the fix JAR! Will keep testing

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Capto wrote:
Capto wrote:

Loaded now, thank you Jar.

But very bad FPS once is turned on, -30 or so, cpu issue.

If you have Nvidia videocard, you may try to play with Multithread optimisation option at Nvidia control panel. This may help sometimes.

yup, turning it off maked it.
thank you, again.

Yesterday i was flying to Miami-KMIA and X-Life ATC told me to go around approaching runway 25L, No problem, i did that, then coming back to the same runway X-Life ATC told me again to go around. Then i notice an AI Aircraft on runway got stuck. It will be grate if you can request a different runway after going around. Like this when flying to airports witch are not compatible with X-Life but they do show on the Map as a compatible airport will avoid us not completing the flight by going back to the same runway.

I did contact a couple of developers and they all told me the same thing:

Quote: I don't personally use X-Life, but feel free to share your files with other users.

Here is the picture from X-Life Airport Editor of the XMIA Version 2 HD and the traffic is set all wrong. That why the aircraft are getting stuck on runways or taxi way.  It is set for World Traffic not for X Life but when loading the airport X-Life download the .dat and .txt file automatically from your server and they are not set correctly.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/6596/t/p1chrm7qkj1c9jjigfm1v27112m3.jpg

Now i have to fix this issues before i can fly to KMIA. After flying for 2 hours and not being able to land, its kind of frustrating.
I will share the correct file in couple of days.
Thanks

There is a good idea to request another runway for landing.

The new v4 is looking very good, one question, is the a way of getting a hot key to bring up the X-Life panel.

colinah wrote:

The new v4 is looking very good, one question, is the a way of getting a hot key to bring up the X-Life panel.

yes, this described in manual - all 5 keys to select station/phrase can bring up panel also

oltcitgames wrote:

Yesterday i was flying to Miami-KMIA and X-Life ATC told me to go around approaching runway 25L, No problem, i did that, then coming back to the same runway X-Life ATC told me again to go around. Then i notice an AI Aircraft on runway got stuck. It will be grate if you can request a different runway after going around. Like this when flying to airports witch are not compatible with X-Life but they do show on the Map as a compatible airport will avoid us not completing the flight by going back to the same runway.

Quote: I don't personally use X-Life, but feel free to share your files with other users.

Here is the picture from X-Life Airport Editor of the XMIA Version 2 HD and the traffic is set all wrong. That why the aircraft are getting stuck on runways or taxi way.  It is set for World Traffic not for X Life but when loading the airport X-Life download the .dat and .txt file automatically from your server and they are not set correctly.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/6596/t/p1chrm7qkj1c9jjigfm1v27112m3.jpg

Now i have to fix this issues before i can fly to KMIA. After flying for 2 hours and not being able to land, its kind of frustrating.
Thanks

Using version 4 also at KMIA I saw a plane land come to a stop and do a strange rapid back and forth motion for about 15 seconds then it rapidly taxied off the runway and this is using the approved KMIA dat included. Will try to post a screen shot if it happens again

34 (edited by laohu314 2018-07-08 22:35:31)

I am getting a CTD when looking at traffic at AYPY. I believe it's caused by X but I am not sure.
I've uploaded the relevant files, including the scenery I modified. Had to upload the WED file because the zipped scenery folder seems to be too big. To recreate the scenery, export the scenery from WED 1.7.0 with the AYPY.dat hidden. The .xlf file is not the same as the AYPY.dat because I modified it in Airport Editor.

Any help with this is highly appreciated.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon AYPY.xlf 7.96 kb, 375 downloads since 2018-07-08 

Attachment icon earth.wed.xml 2.33 mb, 378 downloads since 2018-07-08 

Attachment icon Log.txt 100.85 kb, 1287 downloads since 2018-07-08 

Attachment icon OSXCRASH.txt 126.64 kb, 379 downloads since 2018-07-08 

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

Hello Jar, I may not have made myself clear, when I was asking for a hot key to see the X-Life panel before it's loaded. I would like to see the X-Life panel using a hot key, rather than using the plugins drop down at the top of the XP screen.

oltcitgames wrote:

Thanks

fixed for today's build, landing  performance updated to avoid this issue

for version 4 need update .xpl files only

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mac.xpl 1.37 mb, 473 downloads since 2018-07-09 

Attachment icon win.xpl 2.03 mb, 617 downloads since 2018-07-09 

First test ..

popup window, moveable to 2nd window  : great

Loaded at LOWK and watched 
1 arrival 28R in air .. other departure aircraft taxi via 10L to 28R ... the arrival flys through the ground to negative altitude because runway is full : not so great

next time same scenario and the arrival goes around

X-Life Deluxe
GHD
FMCAR
JD320

38 (edited by cmckjodi 2018-07-10 00:25:20)

Observed traffic at KLGA for about 20 minutes there were NO problems with planes using 2 active runways 13 and 22. I think traffic separation has to be the biggest challenge and very tough to perfect, but JAR is always doing the best he can.  I actually feel the traffic runs smoother so far with this latest .xpl  Will keep testing thanks JAR!

39 (edited by oltcitgames 2018-07-10 03:51:53)

X-Life 4 it is good, i had no issues regarding the traffic.
I do have a couple of requests/comments:

I think the ATC window is a little to big, in special for the ones who has only one monitor. The option of detaching the ATC windows and move it to a second screen it is good. When trying a flight i had the ATC window on the bottom of my screen as you can see on the picture
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/6596/t/p1ci138frb6ejf6smkmrpu1i463.jpg

After take off i realized it is not a good spot to have that. All  the instruments where covered by the ATC window and did not see how to fly. smile
I moved it to the right up corner of my screen. It is a little better, but when the ATC screen comes on it covers more than half of my screen. As you can see in this picture

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/6596/t/p1ci138frc1nhq1i731pnmm6n1mmh4.jpg

I tried to change the resolution on my monitors thinking is just my settings but it turns out it is the same.

One more think, i notice the text on the ATC window it is not clear it seams like it has very low resolution.

Next i want to ask 2 questions:

Is it possible to show all the X-Life users on the Radar and in steed of AI Aircraft to be actually real users flying, taking off and landing to the Airports, like Vatsim but offline?

Second question will be related to Airport Editor

Is it possible to have the ATC voice say Apron in steed of spelling every single letter?
Or to have an option when typing a word to use  The Phonetic Alphabet or a phrase/word?

Recently i was doing traffic for KMIA and notice on the Legend of the airport diagram the word Spot 1, 2, 3, etc
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/6596/t/p1ci14la6p10ln4371ng414un11mga.jpg

This is how they look, all the number in a circle are Spot and they are taxi line

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/6596/t/p1ci14la6p1ckq1vli1tih19b11oq79.jpg

Naming Spot the taxi line will spell the letter and it doesn't sound good. Will be nice if we can chose or add them to the plugin as words.

Thanks

40 (edited by twinrix 2018-07-10 05:17:44)

I agree, the Xlife window is a tad too big (1920*1080). Btw: for me the content of the xlife window goes all black when popping out to move it on the second screen. Its not usable anymore.

*edit* After a couple of restarts its not showing black anymore.

twinrix wrote:

I agree, the Xlife window is a tad too big (1920*1080). Btw: for me the content of the xlife window goes all black when popping out to move it on the second screen. Its not usable anymore.

*edit* After a couple of restarts its not showing black anymore.

You can resize Xlife window. Go with pointer over window and resize with mouse wheel. For me works wery well.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

Oh, good point! Will try that. Thanks.

I have a problem with entering the flight plan with the new version: I can not enter numbers. I am on IMac

44 (edited by cmckjodi 2018-07-10 13:42:36)

Like that you can move the ATC window to another monitor and or resize how you wish. Works great on my system. JAR can you also do that for the radar screen? That would be really great if you can. Thanks for your hard work and updates!

45 (edited by pierremederer 2018-07-10 18:13:29)

Hello everyone

Xlife version 4 is really good. However, this version causes performance problems in normal window mode and VR mode. From 30 fps to 4 fps. Can you fix these problems in for the future.?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon fps.jpg 9.64 kb, 163 downloads since 2018-07-10 

Attachment icon Xlife.jpg 275.12 kb, 161 downloads since 2018-07-10 

Good evening. I have a problem of this nature - when you turn on the menu, dial the train, trying to enter the destination airport, but it does not enter, the same with an alternative airport. It is impossible to generate the flight plan. Tell me what's the matter? Thank you in advance.

vladimir.pirush wrote:

Good evening. I have a problem of this nature - when you turn on the menu, dial the train, trying to enter the destination airport, but it does not enter, the same with an alternative airport. It is impossible to generate the flight plan. Tell me what's the matter? Thank you in advance.

Can you post a screen shot for us? It's possible the destination airports are not verified or that you do not have .apt data files for your destination airports. What airports are you trying to use?

vladimir.pirush wrote:

May be you trying to enter letter with Shift key? Or non-English key?

I can confirm that in VR, just opening the Xlife4 window drops the frames to half (from 45 to 22).
Closing the Xlife window brings the FPS back up to 45 FPS. (VR - Oculus Rift).
Look at this video I made of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFfMwqT4g4

It's not possible to use AZERTY  keyboards, because the shift key is inoperent ... Please, do something for us !