Re: X-Life ver 4 for X-Plane 11

With X-plane 11.30, turning ON threaded optimization in the nVidia control panel is giving me a big (5-15 FPS) performance boost.  However, as soon as I turn on x-life's traffic, my FPS drops to about 10, if the system doesn't crash altogether.  Basically seems like threaded optimization and x-life are incompatible right now -- perhaps this has been the case for a while, but as of 11.30 it means you're sacrificing more performance.

Any plans to make X-life and threaded optimization play nice together?

same here, will be provided any solution?

Today I discovered this new version. So great, but for me doesn't look nice... very big screen... very big font... I discovered today previous theme fits perfect... Actually, joystick keys for command down are not mapped correctly because SEL buttons are not able to select in this way. Any way to use v4 with old theme?

229 (edited by bernhard.brandl 2019-01-21 20:36:06)

Just downloaded the latest version of X-live. I use the Deluxe version. Everything works fine except the Flight-plans. I updated the Airac Cycles from Navigraph (newest Cycle 1901). I also use the Jar A320. There everything works fine. All my flight plans are accepted and there are no problems. When I try to import the flight plan into X-Life I get the message that I should take care to keep all Navdata up to date. Fortunately, X-Life shows the active Airac Cycle information and it's 1901 too. When I understood the installation manual right, both the A320 and X-Live store the Navigation Data in the Folder X-Plane/Custom Data/GNS430/navdata.
I made some screenshots where you can see my installation of the Cycles and the display of the X-Life menu and the MCDU of the A 320. Maybe you can tell me what went wrong?

230 (edited by j9murphy 2019-01-22 23:07:55)

troyer wrote:

same here, will be provided any solution?

ditto for me too.. frame rate goes to 5-10...  turning off TO seems to fix it, but at the cost ofrframes as pointed at above.

231 (edited by Markus73 2019-01-23 13:25:03)

Hallo @ll,

i'm using X-life Deluxe with ATC, but i can't change the Callsign. I created a Route via Simbrief . In Simbrief there's another Callsign wich i want to use in ATC.

Anyone idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks for help.

Greetings Markus

PS: I've got it. It's in the Settings.

Markus73 wrote:

Hallo @ll,

i'm using X-life Deluxe with ATC, but i can't change the Callsign. I created a Route via Simbrief . In Simbrief there's another Callsign wich i want to use in ATC.

Thanks for help.

Greetings Markus

Yes this Callsign is in settings. But you can change it, if you,, when you have open X-life plan simply change. You go with mouse arrow to window of this callsign, click in, then go with arrow key to the end, then clear with backspace and write new one. This last settings of callsign go to settings file and then you have new.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

After the update of the A 320 and some hints, I got from youtube videos about importing flight plans into x-life everything works perfect and I love to fly with this plugin. For me framerate is perfect. OS: Mac OSX Mojave, Mac Book Pro 15 inch 2016

Hello

Is in plan to improve this excellent X-Life. I mean that you could try to improve using X-life when I fly from departure airport to new destination. There are still problem with this ATIS an departure name of airport, and traffic. I use this X-life every time I fly, but now I must every time start X-plane from new flight if I want to be correct using X-life.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

Just purchased this product and I am very excited for the potential it has to enhance my sim. I am having one problem that is making it unplayable at the moment. Whenever I activate x-life in VR, my cursor gets stuck. It keeps hovering around just by my left eye. This only occurs when I open up the window to turn on x-life and start entering my flight info. I'm currently using the zibo mod for my flights. Anyone know what might be causing this?

Darko24 wrote:
Markus73 wrote:

Hallo @ll,

Thanks for help.

Greetings Markus

Yes this Callsign is in settings. But you can change it, if you,, when you have open X-life plan simply change. You go with mouse arrow to window of this callsign, click in, then go with arrow key to the end, then clear with backspace and write new one. This last settings of callsign go to settings file and then you have new.

This seems to be the better way. Thx

I figured out my cursor problem. Interfacing with the pop up window and hitting the power button then canceling shut down fixed the problem. Just a very strange bug that is another example of a poorly optimized program.

Simply put I find this to be an appalling product. I share the same problem of the countless other people in this forum who have pointed out the dramatic loss of fps. This plugin simply make my simulator unstable and unusable in VR. The fact that the developer of this product has not even acknowledged the problem and is instead working on other projects is sure evidence to me as a consumer of the poor quality of Jardesign products. I will be requesting a refund for this product and have no intentions of returning to support the project.

Have you seen a claim that this product is made for VR?

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

239 (edited by MrTee 2019-01-29 18:09:44)

laohu314 wrote:

Have you seen a claim that this product is made for VR?

From the VERY first post in this thread, and I qoute:

"Hello! This time X-Life plugin was reworked again. We use X-Plane fresh API now and make this plugin VR-compatible. About 2300 strings of c++ code added.
[SNIP]
+ add VR-support for ATC-panel"

Hello everybody,

I have installed X-Life Deluxe. And I am using Flight Factor A320 Ultimate. When I want to send my flight plan to ATC I get the error message that I have to check my Airac cycle that should be same for : Xlife/FMC of my aircraft/Flight planner. Because of that I cannot send my flight plan to ATC.

I have downloaded from Navigraph the Airac 1902 for FF A320 ultimate as well as Airac Native for Custom Data XP11 (they are two different formats).

For FF A320 :
- I have put both *.db files in the folder Flight Factor A320/data
When I load a flight, the database in my FMC is 1902.

For Xlife :
- I have put all the native files in the folder Plugins/Xlife/navdata
When I open the ATC windows of Xlife I get the database 1902.

For me, both database are identical. I don't know why I get an error message and cannot submit my flight plan to ATC.

If someone use FF A320 and Xlife Deluxe can help me, it would be really appreciate wink

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards.

Gerard BARON

zazabaron wrote:

Hello everybody,

I have installed X-Life Deluxe. And I am using Flight Factor A320 Ultimate. When I want to send my flight plan to ATC I get the error message that I have to check my Airac cycle that should be same for : Xlife/FMC of my aircraft/Flight planner. Because of that I cannot send my flight plan to ATC.

I have downloaded from Navigraph the Airac 1902 for FF A320 ultimate as well as Airac Native for Custom Data XP11 (they are two different formats).

For FF A320 :
- I have put both *.db files in the folder Flight Factor A320/data
When I load a flight, the database in my FMC is 1902.

For Xlife :
- I have put all the native files in the folder Plugins/Xlife/navdata
When I open the ATC windows of Xlife I get the database 1902.

For me, both database are identical. I don't know why I get an error message and cannot submit my flight plan to ATC.

If someone use FF A320 and Xlife Deluxe can help me, it would be really appreciate wink

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards.

Gerard BARON

Try to load Navigraph data cycle for GNS430 and X-life take data from there.
Look the first page of this posts where is :
If you need update your cycle, please use Aerosoft/Navigraph
- “JARDesign a320/330 Native format” or (the same in fact)
and put new cycle to ../X-PLANE/Custom Data/GNS430/navdata/ folder

Hi,
i have a issue.
When I typed the correct flight plan, I couldn't get the detailed data of the departure airport and the arrival airport in ATIS. What happened? I didn't do any plug-in changes.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/7843/t/p1d2vdq1nbi9jbib15dgfdb119u3.png

243 (edited by satch10 2019-02-05 21:01:49)

This may be an X Plane issue. Real weather is not updating.

Intel i7-7700 @3.6GHz, GTX 1060 6Gb, 16Gb RAM. Saitek Pro yoke and 2nd quadrant, Saitek Multi panel, TM rudder.
X Plane 11.31, Jar A330, BSS sound pack, X LIfe, FM Car, ATC Chatter, XEnviro, Better pushback

the same for me

bearhsiao wrote:

Hi,
i have a issue.
When I typed the correct flight plan, I couldn't get the detailed data of the departure airport and the arrival airport in ATIS. What happened? I didn't do any plug-in changes.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Yes,
I think it should be XP11 real weather related download problem....
I am looking forward to their repair and then confirm.

sky33 wrote:

the same for me

bearhsiao wrote:

Hi,
i have a issue.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Hi
There is a beta update to X Plane (11.32). Real weather is now working. However X Life is still not showing full ATIS information.

Until it is fixed, you can tune your com radio to the ATIS frequency and get weather, QNH etc via that.

Intel i7-7700 @3.6GHz, GTX 1060 6Gb, 16Gb RAM. Saitek Pro yoke and 2nd quadrant, Saitek Multi panel, TM rudder.
X Plane 11.31, Jar A330, BSS sound pack, X LIfe, FM Car, ATC Chatter, XEnviro, Better pushback

Hello everyone, does anyone know if we can integrate ATC CHATTER with the latest version of xlife as the version 2.1. thank you

My Frame rates have really dropped a lot since X-Plane 11.30 by half. It drops to 18-20 at a busy airport. When I disable X-Life it jumps back to 40-50. It has been months since JAR has said anything about X-Life and any future enhancements.

@ sky33
"Hello everyone, does anyone know if we can integrate ATC CHATTER with the latest version of xlife as the version 2.1. thank you".

Yes. ATC Chatter does integrate with X Life v4

250 (edited by sky33 2019-02-08 13:35:19)

Thank you SATCH10, but can you tell me how to do please?