Re: XP11 JD330 v.3 r1,r2,r3,r4,r5

Paddy1990 wrote:

Hey jar team.The Distance calculation bug seems to be not solved with r2.Wanted to fly from MDPC to EDDL.Distance is about 4100 Nm and my mcdu told me that it is about 3200 Nm.Hope you can help thx.

I have an idea! Please doublecheck that you really have new .xpl installed fromhttp://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=20574#p20574

Yes that was the problem i downloaded the whole new aircraft and didnt installed the singe win.xpl .Now i installed the win.xpl and it works fine.Thank you smile

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Luke173 wrote:

R2: the Fuel "+" does not seem to work for me, OS X 10.11.6, XP 11.11r2
"-" works, until: not enough fuel SIR

else: many thanks for all the hard work! this plane is amazing!

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/118/t/p1c814gbgfkfntoq1b3dvsj1usa3.png

EDIT: It works, after posting this.. so waiting seems to solve it

May be You just trying to add fuel after start engines or APU? If so - This is not good idea.

JAR: yes, I did this after starting the APU.
I don't see how I should do my loadsheet before starting the APU:

the MCDU only comes to life with ground power (which I have to call through the non active MCDU) or with the apu on.
So refueling with the APU on would really help here wink

many thanks!

Luke173 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
Luke173 wrote:

R2: the Fuel "+" does not seem to work for me, OS X 10.11.6, XP 11.11r2
"-" works, until: not enough fuel SIR

else: many thanks for all the hard work! this plane is amazing!

EDIT: It works, after posting this.. so waiting seems to solve it

May be You just trying to add fuel after start engines or APU? If so - This is not good idea.

the MCDU only comes to life with ground power (which I have to call through the non active MCDU) or with the apu on.

many thanks!

Du you fill you car with gasoline while the motor is running?
What is your problem to click (right side down) on GP to get power for MCDU?
It is not a question of help but a simulation of reality !

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

I seem to have the problem that the landing lights, taxi light and runway turnoff lights do not work.  The strange thing is that they do illuminate the ground during pushback (with better pushback), but not at any other time.  HDR is on and I think all other lighting works correctly.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks !

Just tried a new version after a long break. It works very well! Thanks Jar team!
Cant wait to see a first "VR ready" builds. Performance wise I see no issues using 330 in VR even together with X-life.

57 (edited by Homer.Simpson 2018-03-09 06:26:53)

ilankrt wrote:
Luke173 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

many thanks!

Well ilankrt, you can't compare refueling a car with refueling an aircraft. For example do you need more than half an hour to refuel your car?

And as electricity is one of the ground operations essentials I've to agree to Luke173 that it should be possible to refuel the 332 with Apu running. Otherwise a simple brake down of the GPU would result in a big increasement of ground time and therefore more costs to the airline.

By the way it's aöready possible to refuel the A332 while apu is running by calling the fuel truck via the MCDU and then why not via the loadsheet?

ai1 wrote:

I seem to have the problem that the landing lights, taxi light and runway turnoff lights do not work.  The strange thing is that they do illuminate the ground during pushback (with better pushback), but not at any other time.  HDR is on and I think all other lighting works correctly.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks !

It looks like floating bug (sometimes - yes, sometimes - no) of XP. Aircraft have custom electric, but that 4 lights work using default electric bus. As I found, voltage of this bus may depend of speed. I just talk with Laminars about this. First idea was - default RAT happen On, powered default bus and depend of speed. This is look unrealistic, cause RAT (usually) cant produce power at all if airspeed less 100 knots. So - dont know.. Main trouble what it is really not possible to power that light from custom bus. We will continue to trying with this issue..

..and please try to put attached .acf to your JD330 folder and check lights.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon a330.acf 1.34 mb, 534 downloads since 2018-03-09 

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

There is 2 ways for refuel:

1.Use Fuel truck - work not depend of engines/apu start
2.Use LoadSheet - work for decrease any time, work for increase with engines/APU shut down only.

Sure, one trick is exist - if you pause aircraft, you may increase fuel using loadsheet if engines/apu running. But this is a 100% secret, cause this is for developers only.

I used your attached acf file, and now I have landing lights and taxi light operational. Thank you !   The turnoff lights are still not operational and there seems to be no difference in lighting between nose taxi and nose landing light.

Thanks again.

With v3 r2 or r3 I get CTDs sometimes when I left select some STARs in the FMGS - e.g. selecting any STAR at EGNV.

Any ideas?

ai1 wrote:

I used your attached acf file, and now I have landing lights and taxi light operational. Thank you !   The turnoff lights are still not operational and there seems to be no difference in lighting between nose taxi and nose landing light.

Thanks again.

And what about RWY TURN OFF lights now? Is it work?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon a330.acf 1.34 mb, 529 downloads since 2018-03-09 

JAR wrote:
ai1 wrote:

Thanks again.

Confirm, now the RWY TURN OFF also work!

Intel i9-9900KS 5.0ghz, 32GB DDR4 4200mhz RAM, nVidia RTX-2080Ti 11GB VRAM, Samsung M.2 Drives, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, X-Plane 11

64 (edited by ilankrt 2018-03-09 18:21:50)

Homer.Simpson wrote:
ilankrt wrote:
Luke173 wrote:

many thanks!

Well ilankrt, you can't compare refueling a car with refueling an aircraft. For example do you need more than half an hour to refuel your car?

And as electricity is one of the ground operations essentials I've to agree to Luke173 that it should be possible to refuel the 332 with Apu running. Otherwise a simple brake down of the GPU would result in a big increasement of ground time and therefore more costs to the airline.

By the way it's aöready possible to refuel the A332 while apu is running by calling the fuel truck via the MCDU and then why not via the loadsheet?

I wonder how simmer like to runhttp://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1c85v4uig1cgr1a1919dt1m2r1qeh3.gif
instead to read first and learn...

Pilots lessons:
"a lot of sparks are created in and around an Aircraft , thats the reason why , all AMMs have warnings at the beginning of the refuelling sections , normally , Nothing is allowed during refuelling except what is needed for the refuelling ... thats the most Dangerous time when the Aircraft is on the ground for so obvious reasons ...

Although possible many operators are not allowing to start APU, not only a fuel pump will be activated during the APU starts , but relays , exciters , etc ... can lead to ....

And to the refuelling process:  refuellings are managed by the FCMCs , depending on the qty required , the FCMCs will open and shut the refuelling valves , maintain balancing , etc ... in a perfect world , Nothing special is supposed to happen , except if some valves are having internal leaks , if there are no leaks in the tanks , etc ...  normally , until the FCMC is not stopping the refuelling , Nothing is supposed to be done , but , thats the duty of the person in charge of the refuelling ...

So what does it mean for us: GPU / Batteries / FMCU / Loadsheet / fuel weight and fuel plan. During fill make your flightplan and after inspection APU and passengers.... Otherwise you are on play-game level...

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

daniel.hunskar wrote:
JAR wrote:
ai1 wrote:

Thanks again.

Cool! Thaanks!

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

66 (edited by daniel.hunskar 2018-03-09 20:16:45)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
daniel.hunskar wrote:
JAR wrote:

Cool! Thaanks!

No, thank you for taking the time and helping us with this problem!

Intel i9-9900KS 5.0ghz, 32GB DDR4 4200mhz RAM, nVidia RTX-2080Ti 11GB VRAM, Samsung M.2 Drives, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, X-Plane 11

67 (edited by Scania_V8_Rat 2018-03-10 11:50:28)

ilankrt wrote:

Pilots lessons:
"a lot of sparks are created in and around an Aircraft , thats the reason why , all AMMs have warnings at the beginning of the refuelling sections , normally , Nothing is allowed during refuelling except what is needed for the refuelling ... thats the most Dangerous time when the Aircraft is on the ground for so obvious reasons ...

Although possible many operators are not allowing to start APU, not only a fuel pump will be activated during the APU starts , but relays , exciters , etc ... can lead to ....

And to the refuelling process:  refuellings are managed by the FCMCs , depending on the qty required , the FCMCs will open and shut the refuelling valves , maintain balancing , etc ... in a perfect world , Nothing special is supposed to happen , except if some valves are having internal leaks , if there are no leaks in the tanks , etc ...  normally , until the FCMC is not stopping the refuelling , Nothing is supposed to be done , but , thats the duty of the person in charge of the refuelling ...

Ilankrt, an A380 pilot for Luthansa once told me, that you could possibly switch them on before and while refueling in order to speed up the process. According to an AIRBUS representative at PPRuNe-Forums, it is no problem if you switch them on while refueling, however, it won't speed up refueling.
You mentioned sparks etc. This risk is minimal due to grounding of both fuel truck and ACFT over the complete process. Liquid fuel is not as dangerous as the vaporized variant (e.g. JET A-1 and air mixture), which makes grounding for everyone and pulling circuit breakers necessary when inspecting a tank from inside (see FAA article on Fuel sys, page 53.

To be honest, I see no problem while fuel pumps should not be on during refuel process as they are needed to be used while defuling (see A330 FCOM, page 103 "• Defueling is accomplished by means of fuel pumps and
for the outer and trim tanks, via transfer valves."

And another thing: you can start (of course) APU without any fuel pumps running, because there's a special standby pump in left wing tank if fuel pressure for APU start is too low (because no other pumps online).

Last but not least: refueling is managed automatically by the Aircraft and can be done with nothing but batterie power.

https://www.pprune.org/tech-log/382868- … lling.html
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policie … a_ch14.pdf
http://theflyingengineer.com/projects/a … l-systems/

Intel Core i7 6700k @stock - 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200Mhz - MSI RX480 8GB Gaming X - MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Windows 10 Pro (64bit) - SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD - 2TB Seagate Enterprise Capacity SATA - X-Plane 11 - JARDesign A330 - BSS Engine Sound Pack RR Trent 700 - AutoGate - Better Pushback - Ground Handling - SimCoders Headshake - TerrainRadar -X-Life - X-RAAS -

68 (edited by Old_As_Dirt 2018-03-10 16:03:53)

I now have the call out sounds.  What did I do?  Nothing.  I gave up for a few days and went back and they are working.  (Using V3r2).  This is very confusing because, if I had done something, I would know what the problem was.  Sort of like a baby - just had to mature!

This is not to say that I did not work diligently for many hours trying to correct a plethora of "glitches" - installing and removing many releases downloaded over the years.  The final installation was the same copy of the latest release - one which I had installed several times.  The glitches ran from the sound problems to problems with the FMC and other, seemingly unrelated, problems.

Now I can fly, but experience two problems:

1.  The AP will occasionally drop out - sometimes re-settable and sometimes not.  This seems to be a problem with the Auto-throttle allowing the speed to increase beyond the red line during the flight. 
2.  The LVR CLB will keep flashing after takeoff until I  turn the Auto-throttle off (with the glare shield button) and turn it back on.

So, this appears - to me anyway - to be a problem with the auto-throttle programming and that is beyond my capabilities.  

If anyone has any "fixes", I would be appreciative of any help in that regard.

John

EDIT - Just completed a short flight from KORF to KIAD with no problems except the occasional disengaging of AP.  I was able to re-activate (no easy task) and complete my flight including autoland.

For me turnoff lights also work with the new .acf file.
Thanks for the quick fix !

Will this update work in XP10?

DrShaks wrote:

Will this update work in XP10?

I do not think so, please read the first page:

- be sure, that you use X-Plane 11.01-11.11

I7-8700k - MSi Z370 Plus Sli - Galax RTX 2070 - G.Skill 16gb 3000mhz - SSD MX 500 -500gb, Hd 1tb Seagate, HD 2tb Wd - WC Corsair H100iv2 - Corsair RM 650 - Monitor 24'' Asus

I just downloaded the final version of v3, but still no external sounds and very low sounds in the cockpit.  Also I cant use the speed knob and cant put on std  the baro knob

73 (edited by Griff 2018-03-11 02:38:35)

Flight from KDEN to KDFW and MCDU was unable to load saved flight plan created using SimBrief (KDEN SID TBE DCT BGD DCT MDANO STAR KDFW) and it advised of a segment error (manual entry worked fine and the plan was accepted).  Also, aircraft flew offset of course with high tailwind at FL390 (winds reported at heading of 273 @ 122 knots and aircraft swung side to side at cruise.  While selecting arrival into KDFW, no VIAS were listed for the 17C approach.  While this STAR does indicate "vectors" to final approach course, BOSSI is an initial approach that should be available to the pilot when finalizing the flight plan.  I realize the pilot can manually enter the waypoint but other aircraft (Boeing and Airbus) list appropriate VIA's in the CDU while the current A330 does not.

Griff wrote:

Flight from KDEN to KDFW and MCDU was unable to load saved flight plan created using SimBrief (KDEN SID TBE DCT BGD DCT MDANO STAR KDFW) and it advised of a segment error (manual entry worked fine and the plan was accepted).  Also, aircraft flew offset of course with high tailwind at FL390 (winds reported at heading of 273 @ 122 knots and aircraft swung side to side at cruise.  While selecting arrival into KDFW, no VIAS were listed for the 17C approach.  While this STAR does indicate "vectors" to final approach course, BOSSI is an initial approach that should be available to the pilot when finalizing the flight plan.  I realize the pilot can manually enter the waypoint but other aircraft (Boeing and Airbus) list appropriate VIA's in the CDU while the current A330 does not.

I think this is not the problem of the MCDU but the proper planning of the fly. In this case, the plan made by SimBrief is not good. Passes through the point MDANO, which is outside the flight airways betwen KDEN and KDFW. No other flight planer does not lead through this point.
Route finder  KDEN SID TBE J17 PNH STAR KDFW
Online flight planner KDEN SID TBE J17 PNH STAR KDFW

And in the Navigraph in arrival procedures no star through BOSSI . All of the procedures you can watch using the free program Little Navmap

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

Hello friends,

I bought the a330 V3.02 as a version. Now I have the following problem.

I'm doing a long-haul flight from Dusseldorf to New York and have the problem that he goes in an overspeed at 36000 feet and the speed can not regulate anymore. Can someone help me with my question?

Furthermore, in the MFD "Refueling in Progress" although long ago finished. And the Refuel window does not close.

The third point that the autopilot does not follow the route anymore. Although no Disconunity and nothing is missing. Airac is on 1803 navigraph.

Jürgen