This airport is not X-life approved so blue message for user built data appears

Settings used for testing
Air traffic density 80%
Airport gates/stands busy 45%
Runway operation interval 1.7m
Place in X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/X-Life/Airports folder

Post's attachments

Attachment icon CYUL.xlf 15.16 kb, 364 downloads since 2017-11-27 

2 (edited by rcbursey 2019-03-28 19:43:06)

Re: CYUL taxi routes for Montreal Intl by Mike15

Hello pwalchester. I just downloaded your taxi routes for CYUL. I do some of these myself as we have spoken in the past. This is the wierdest airport I have ever seen as respects taxi routes. At the end of RWY 06L there are two entry ways to the rwy. One marked as taxiway G, the other, nothing. Maybe its just me but the taxi routes in the apron areas, wow, confusing. Anyway, Rwy 10 has no turnaround option and aircraft keep getting stuck there just moving in a circle. I thought I was pretty good at figuring out how to solve these problems but no joy here. Anyway, could you check it out and see if you encounter the same problem with aircraft getting stuck at the end of the runway? If so, any solutions you have would be great either way. Thanks much!!!

Hi rcbursey. I am unable to reproduce your problem so can't be much help. With an open ended runway I've seen an A320 and B737 make a left turn, clip the grass, but then take off. All the regionals seem to be displaying an intelligence making a right turn from taxiway G and taking off. I tried it with a turnaround and had similar results, a CRJ9 made a right turn following the turnaround then continued with take off. This airport has been updated since I did the .xlf, not sure if that's making a difference, plus the end of the runway is close to 6L so that could be causing problems.

Ok, thanks for looking into it for me. Have a great weekend!!!