Topic: EGGK runway 26L always Busy

Hi I am using x-life 2.0 r4 and x-plane 10.51,i have noticed at EGGK (Gatwick)when ever the first aircaft lands on Runway 26L
( eg AA 234)The deluxe panel tower display shows aircraft status as landing,rollout and then taxi,however when it leaves the runway,the display shows the runway still busy with  the aircraft that has just landed,when the aircraft taxi,s across R26R/08L the display for that runway changes to busy and then back to free once aircraft vacated.This causes the runway to remain blocked at all times ,so no aircraft can take off or lanf.Has anybody else had this problem.I downloaded the taxi route file again but still no good,also tried turning traffic off and then back on problem still remains.

Re: EGGK runway 26L always Busy

Hi Avtec
Yes, x-life has a problem at Gatwick mainly because of the close proximity of the runways and also at other airports with a similar layout such as Edinburgh. Have a look at my post recently called 'x-life runway problem' which has a little more detail.

avtech,

I have encountered similar situations at several different airports.  See my posts with screen shots under "Updates and General discussion".  Post numbers are 135, 157, 162, and 168.

Ron West

Just letting you know I am working on an .xlf format taxi route file and have solved most of the problems, more fine tuning is needed before I post the file.

Phil Walchester