Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.2 r1,r2 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

Hi !

I think there is also something wrong with the Frequency Display in the ND:

- I selected VOR frequency 109.60 active.
- I switched VOR Display OFF and ILS Display ON
- Result is: ILS Frequency was shown as VOR....

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/552/t/p1bldom4iafd2nt9o6q14ji1as63.jpg

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/552/t/p1bldom4ia145f12855qh1bg711jc4.jpg

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/552/t/p1bldom4ian1n19uh19dei71omf5.jpg

best regards,

For the VIA issue, I'd guess, and I emphasise the word guess, that you only specify a VIA if you absolutely need to go via that point.  If you don't specify, it will just choose the best fit, which may well coincide with an option that you chose not to select.

28 (edited by ilankrt 2017-07-19 22:42:41)

thomas_99 wrote:

Hi !

VIAs are inserted even if select "NO VIA": And VIA name is wrong, there is no via named "PAD",
only "PAD1" or "PAD2".

If VIA PAD is removed manually, flight plan is ok.

Sorry to tell you, but I am getting angry to see every time such complains. Maybe you are not using the right charts, or not choosing the correct ILS STAR.... But looking on my ND I see no problem at all !

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1bleg2jcg1vd6ioo146h1cfrrje4.jpg

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1bleg62q3vr511ns1aeg57vqh13.jpg

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1bleg62q4jd9qdg1sovs0uvbr4.jpg

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

29 (edited by ilankrt 2017-07-19 23:01:04)

I dare to guess that every one who is preparing flights correctly should not have basically a problem to simulate flights from A to Z. Period !!  And yes there are yet some serious problems to solve, but I dare to say that most complainer are self-responsible for their mistakes. They should first dig deeper before page long error reports. I say this "because of so many trees you can not see the forest anymore "

We should discuss and tell JAR about  "real" checked and verified problems so that he can correct them.

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

Hi ilankrt!

ilankrt wrote:
thomas_99 wrote:

Hi !

VIAs are inserted even if select "NO VIA": And VIA name is wrong, there is no via named "PAD",
only "PAD1" or "PAD2".

Sorry to tell you, but I am getting angry to see every time such complains. Maybe you are not using the right charts, or not choosing the correct ILS STAR.... But looking on my ND I see no problem at all !

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me EVERY step how you manage to enter this STAR route WITHOUT removing VIA "PAD" manually.....

All what I say is that the button "NO VIA" has absolutely no effect. There is absolutely no difference if I:
1) press "NO VIA"
or
2) press "PAD1" via.

The resulting flight plan is the same, at least for me. If you can press "NO VIA" and the VIA is NOT inserted in your flight plan,
it must be something special here.

best regards,

thomas_99 wrote:

Hi !

I think there is also something wrong with the Frequency Display in the ND:

- I selected VOR frequency 109.60 active.
- I switched VOR Display OFF and ILS Display ON
- Result is: ILS Frequency was shown as VOR....

best regards,

Sadly, X-Plane not have ILS/VOR/VOR system, but ILS/VOR only. This is some restriction for using first ILS-VOR channel.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

ilankrt wrote:

Last week I had an interesting correspondence with FSLabs. Among other issues and on the background of the announced FF A320 model I asked them what about about a win win cooperation between them and JAR Design. They wrote: "We are a small team and going into X-Plane is not feasible for us at the moment. If Eugeny is looking to join us, feel free to drop him a note to ask him to send us an email about it."
JAR, to your knowledge....

I am on skype with Lefteris (FSLabs leader now, PMDG leader in past). Sure, great "MSFS/P3D" companies always know one hard thing - X-Plane 11 market is about 15-20% of MSFS/P3D market (my own view, only), but time/money invest for one product about the same. So, if you (as example) spend time/money for some product development and have 100% $ out, do you want spend the same to get 20% $ out result? This is a BIG quest.

Another hard thing - it is not easy to code X-Plane API (really need know some tricks direct from LR) and not easy to rework product every new XP version.

As result, if FF will bring more advanced 320 (compare, or better than FSLabs) to X-Plane market soon, FSLabs not have good marketing situation to do the same for close time period. Sure, i cant say any about long future, but now - i look like this.

J.A.Romanov, glad to see you back. Where have you been, vacation?

dimkzr wrote:

J.A.Romanov, glad to see you back. Where have you been, vacation?

Hi! No vacation, sadly, but have a lot of main job and a lot of coding for X-Plane. Read and note all comments.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Last week I had an interesting correspondence with FSLabs. Among other issues and on the background of the announced FF A320 model I asked them what about about a win win cooperation between them and JAR Design. They wrote: "We are a small team and going into X-Plane is not feasible for us at the moment. If Eugeny is looking to join us, feel free to drop him a note to ask him to send us an email about it."

I am on skype with Lefteris (FSLabs leader now, PMDG leader in past). Sure, great "MSFS/P3D" companies always know one hard thing - X-Plane 11 market is about 15-20% of MSFS/P3D market (my own view, only), but time/money invest for one product about the same. So, if you (as example) spend time/money for some product development and have 100% $ out, do you want spend the same to get 20% $ out result? This is a BIG quest.

Another hard thing - it is not easy to code X-Plane API (really need know some tricks direct from LR) and not easy to rework product every new XP version.

As result, if FF will bring more advanced 320 (compare, or better than FSLabs) to X-Plane market soon, FSLabs not have good marketing situation to do the same for close time period. Sure, i cant say any about long future, but now - i look like this.

Hi, X-Plane is indeed a smaller market with lower winning marché. Looking at the whole global market today, technology transfer agreements (or license ) are in small companies on the agenda. In this regard the question is if it is possible to transfer model code between MSFS/P3D and X-Plane 11 and how labor intensive it might be.

Another interesting question is, how much independency from X-Plane code restrictions can a model developer reach. This might be a key question to avoid hard adaptaion work after every X-Plane new version....

J.A.Romanov wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Indeed that x-plane market is smaller compared to p3d/fsx. But we must also see that has growth with x-plane 11 and sure will if more study  level aircraft arrive. You must see that a number of  fsx user that didn't moved to p3d are moving to x-plane.
Speaking for my self, the only thing that keeps me on p3d is fslabs.

Graphic part is different (3D objects, cockpit indication), flightmodel part is different, system logic & calculation is close. Anyway - this job need TIME.

Sure, X-Plane world change a lot. Future will be great!

thomas_99 wrote:

Hi ilankrt!

ilankrt wrote:
thomas_99 wrote:

Hi !

only "PAD1" or "PAD2".

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me EVERY step how you manage to enter this STAR route WITHOUT removing VIA "PAD" manually.....

All what I say is that the button "NO VIA" has absolutely no effect. There is absolutely no difference if I:
1) press "NO VIA"
or
2) press "PAD1" via.

The resulting flight plan is the same, at least for me. If you can press "NO VIA" and the VIA is NOT inserted in your flight plan,
it must be something special here.

best regards,

OK, if you want to learn how things really work, have a look at this tutorial:
https://youtu.be/LhlCHzOCFAM

You will see that VIA is not other then the first FIX of the STAR (in this case the DIRECT point for a new programmed approach)

BTW if you are looking at the chart I uploaded you will se the two  PAD's, one for ILS/LOC (108.5 PAD) and the other one for holding point (HP 354 PAD)

Since JAR MCDU is not so sophisticated you can just eliminate PAD as you did and land safely. (I did it on another way but I have not time  and desire to describe...) I have done it often in other cases...

Hello,
I don't know if it is the good place but I want to report a bug.
Since the last update of Xplane 11.02r2 build 110.202 64bits, I can't load a  co-pilot flight plan on the MCDU.
Usually when My plan was not betweentwo X-life airports, I made a plan with SImbrief and copy it in Xplane/Aircraft/320JarDesign/FlightPlans in .txt format and retrieve it trought a co-pilot load in the MCDU. This way don't work beetwen the last Xplan release ( build 110.220).
Who have a answer for this issue ?
Thanks.

Claudius69 wrote:

Hello,
Since the last update of Xplane 11.02r2 build 110.202 64bits, I can't load a  co-pilot flight plan on the MCDU.
Usually when My plan was not betweentwo X-life airports, I made a plan with SImbrief and copy it in Xplane/Aircraft/320JarDesign/FlightPlans in .txt format and retrieve it trought a co-pilot load in the MCDU. This way don't work beetwen the last Xplan release ( build 110.220).
Thanks.

I did it yesterday and it works for me

Just finished to see the latest X-Plane Developer Q&A 07/2017 video conferencing.

I heard about XP 11.1 developments especially concerning Airbus flight system that in the past seems to be neglected.
Austin spoke about a   n e w  "Checkbox" integrated in "Plane Maker" that will deal with the Flight Control System.
He asked the as-ons developers to use this toolbox.

My question to JAR is if this Checkbox can help to solve one of the most disturbing problems  - the swaying of the A320 that occurs also in low wind speed situation?

42 (edited by dimkzr 2017-07-21 14:38:58)

Claudius69 wrote:

May I have a look at your flight plan?

Speaking for myself, I usually edit my route manually, save it as a text file and load as a co-route from captain MCDU.

E.g. from this (PFPX route):

DVR8M DVR L10 RINTI B3 CMB R50 DPE H20 LGL UT176 KURIS UN872 TERPO UM616 NTS A25 ROYAN ROYA7L

Into this:

EGKK SID DVR L10 RINTI B3 CMB R50 DPE H20 LGL UT176 KURIS UN872 TERPO UM616 NTS A25 ROYAN STAR LFBD

Notice adding departure and arrival airports and replacing actual SID and STAR with "SID" and "STAR" words.

Hi !

Old, but still there: cound not set it to 320....

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/552/t/p1blj2nl3f1l6fo97122u15ef126n3.jpg

if set via dataref, all is working including weather radar.

best regards,

44 (edited by thomas_99 2017-07-21 18:04:55)

Hi !

I also have some problems loading the flight plan.

I generated a flight plan with SimBrief:

EDDL SID KUMI3Z KUMIK Y854 BOMBI T721 SUL T732 GARMO GARM1P STAR EDNY

Then I loaded the CO-Route with "EDDLEDNY". Result: ICAO F-PLN READING OK

Switched to F-PLAN page in MCDU.

No flight plan visible. Just "EDDL (T/C)  (T/D) (CROSS) (RED250) (LIM) (DECEL) (SPD220) EDNY"

Maybe someone can try this....

best regards...

45 (edited by Greyman 2017-07-21 18:31:28)

the destination airport is always displayed at the bottom of the current page of the flight plan, even if there are more legs before it.  Use the up/down arrow keys to navigate the pages and you should be able to see the whole of the flight plan

thomas_99 wrote:

Hi !

I also have some problems loading the flight plan.

I generated a flight plan with SimBrief:

EDDL SID KUMI3Z KUMIK Y854 BOMBI T721 SUL T732 GARMO GARM1P STAR EDNY

Then I loaded the CO-Route with "EDDLEDNY". Result: ICAO F-PLN READING OK

Switched to F-PLAN page in MCDU.

No flight plan visible. Just "EDDL (T/C)  (T/D) (CROSS) (RED250) (LIM) (DECEL) (SPD220) EDNY"

Maybe someone can try this....

best regards...

Technically, your flight plan reads EDDF SID SID KUMIK...GARMO STAR STAR EDNY. See if removing KUMI3Z and GARM1P fixes it.

Hi !

Draco wrote:

Technically, your flight plan reads EDDF SID SID KUMIK...GARMO STAR STAR EDNY. See if removing KUMI3Z and GARM1P fixes it.

Thanks, that was the problem. Now the plan reads ok and is shown correct.

Would be nice if this gives an error message instead of showing an empty plan.

best regards,

Claudius69 wrote:

Hello,
Thanks.

Try and have a look at your copied flightplan (the *.txt file). See if there is NO space between your destination airport and the .txt. So f.i. ....... sid eham.txt in stead of ...... sid eham .txt.

Win 10, XP11

hello, I installed the updated version, but APU is not starting. Any suggestions?

regards
Volker

vschwarz504 wrote:

hello, I installed the updated version, but APU is not starting. Any suggestions?

regards
Volker

Hi Sir you must to use a refuel