Re: X-Life ver 2.0 R1, R2, R3, R4, R5

Where or how can i see what version i have right now ?

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've installed the free version to try it out but I'm only getting the grey aircraft models and no painted liveries. I've got the bluebell files installed. What do I need to get things working correctly?

28 (edited by Watauga 2017-07-12 16:57:59)

Watauga wrote:

JAR,

I am still using X-Plane 10.51.  Using the new Xlife v2.0 r1 I tried to build an xlf file for tdg's ENGM for X-Plane version 10. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … o-airport/ .  When I opened up Airport Editor the lines, gates and runway information is from the Xlife approved version of ENGM.  I was not able to see the lines, gates and runway information provided by tdg's version of ENGM.  When I remove the ENGM dat and txt file they get reloaded again.  I then disconnected the Ethernet cable and removed the default ENGM dat and txt files.  Then when I opened up Airport editor I could see the lines, gates and runway information provided by tdg's version of ENGM.  I tried clicking on the big RED question marks as instructed on the screen.  Nothing happen.  I then decided to save the lines, gates and runway information as a xlf file.  Upon hitting the save button "CTD".  Attached are the two requested logs.  By the way, it would be easier to draw the lines if we could see the airport from above.

I hope my observations help you as we continue to refine Xlife.

Ron West
KBNA
Edit to add generated ENGM xlf file.

JAR,

I found the following 4 line errors in the attached xlf file generated by Xlife for tdg's ENGM airport.  This file is located in post number 23.

S,8,sas hangar@C˜ÖÀ‹Sº›†N@y?ÁäW4&@¥êY€ÕÀµ="û‹ ÔÀ,107.599998,60.183796,11.102233,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0
S,13,Cargo Ramp"÷Å”ÖÀåéÆ¢N@^2Ë"Ó+&@)ý,RÊdÖÀ%TŸyLþÔÀ,105.500000,60.192467,11.085595,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0
S,58,Military R3øÇÖÀ\4çlžN@î}C2´3&@ï•õLÕÀ=C ¬ÖÀ,290.000000,60.207958,11.100985,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
S,60,Military Rxiway_>îÁ÷›N@üüŸ‹Ó2&@µ¦-J¥ÕÀ懒œ.ªÖÀ,106.790001,60.207886,11.099270,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

I think these lines caused the CTD when I saved the generated xlf file.

Ron West

sjed wrote:

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've installed the free version to try it out but I'm only getting the grey aircraft models and no painted liveries. I've got the bluebell files installed. What do I need to get things working correctly?

As I meet this issue first time, i just dont know answer. But you can contact me skype j.a.romanov - we will check this on your side.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Captain Ritmo wrote:

Where or how can i see what version i have right now ?

You can read this from log.txt file from X-Plane folder

cmckjodi wrote:

Does version 2.0 rc1 have a Gate Editor? It's missing from the plugin drop down menu. Unless perhaps you make those changes with the Airport editor. I haven't been able to figure that out. Also if I click on light editor nothing happens.

New Airport Editor always include Gate Editor finctions

Watauga wrote:

JAR,

I am still using X-Plane 10.51.  Using the new Xlife v2.0 r1 I tried to build an xlf file for tdg's ENGM for X-Plane version 10. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … o-airport/ .  When I opened up Airport Editor the lines, gates and runway information is from the Xlife approved version of ENGM.  I was not able to see the lines, gates and runway information provided by tdg's version of ENGM.  When I remove the ENGM dat and txt file they get reloaded again.  I then disconnected the Ethernet cable and removed the default ENGM dat and txt files.  Then when I opened up Airport editor I could see the lines, gates and runway information provided by tdg's version of ENGM.  I tried clicking on the big RED question marks as instructed on the screen.  Nothing happen.  I then decided to save the lines, gates and runway information as a xlf file.  Upon hitting the save button "CTD".  Attached are the two requested logs.  By the way, it would be easier to draw the lines if we could see the airport from above.

I hope my observations help you as we continue to refine Xlife.

Ron West
KBNA
Edit to add generated ENGM xlf file.

This scenery may not have apt.dat or may have it with some troubles lines.

cmckjodi wrote:

With the new airport editor we will need explanation on how to correct issues. I see lots of ?????? on an airport layout but don't know what they mean. An auto correct feature would be nice! Also if possible a top down view of an airport is needed so it's easier to draw lines or make changes. I'm sure a video or manual is coming soon thanks JAR! Also can you allow vectors to non verified airports for future? Again thanks!

If you have ? you need select and check this element. Possible issues was published at first post of this topic:
     - if two points very close but not connect
     - if not connected end of the line not have gate/stand
     - if gate too far from nearest taxiline point
     - if there is no holdshort marked lines exist between runway and taxiways

Sure, if you have ? over Gate/Stand - need check all parameters of this gate.

Sure, i think about manual, but i need some experience of expected troubles to prepare this doc. This need a little more time.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:

Does version 2.0 rc1 have a Gate Editor? It's missing from the plugin drop down menu. Unless perhaps you make those changes with the Airport editor. I haven't been able to figure that out. Also if I click on light editor nothing happens.

New Airport Editor always include Gate Editor finctions

Thanks JAR I figured it out!

J.A.Romanov wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:

With the new airport editor we will need explanation on how to correct issues. I see lots of ?????? on an airport layout but don't know what they mean. An auto correct feature would be nice! Also if possible a top down view of an airport is needed so it's easier to draw lines or make changes. I'm sure a video or manual is coming soon thanks JAR! Also can you allow vectors to non verified airports for future? Again thanks!

If you have ? you need select and check this element. Possible issues was published at first post of this topic:
     - if two points very close but not connect
     - if not connected end of the line not have gate/stand
     - if gate too far from nearest taxiline point
     - if there is no holdshort marked lines exist between runway and taxiways

Sure, if you have ? over Gate/Stand - need check all parameters of this gate.

Sure, i think about manual, but i need some experience of expected troubles to prepare this doc. This need a little more time.

Sure I see possible problems in the menu but not sure which box to select to correct. Be great if box was highlighted with correction

36 (edited by cmckjodi 2017-07-13 14:41:20)

If KLGA is a verified airport to use for X-Life and included with airports why so many ?????? Images are from what was included in latest version 2 rc1. At least now we have another way to make edits and corrections with airport editor and WED if we choose. Thanks JAR

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img.JPG 285.57 kb, 96 downloads since 2017-07-13 

Attachment icon img2.JPG 288.48 kb, 152 downloads since 2017-07-13 

I'm sending you a video via Skype

J.A.Romanov wrote:
ShaneD wrote:

Amazing you ave just taken X-Life to the next level for X-Plane, not to have to spend time for every airport in WED before flying is a great improvident.

I have a problem when trying to change one gate to a heli pad, I went to save the Airport (SBJU) and all of a sudden every node and gate had a big red question mark over it, and doesn't let me save the file

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2243/t … g18lj3.jpg

http://jardesign.org/forum/misc.php?act … =2243t3222

http://jardesign.org/forum/misc.php?act … =2243t3222

Be useful if you can demonstrate me this via skype j.a.romanov, cause i am not understand trouble well!

38 (edited by Draco 2017-07-14 16:55:40)

OK I'm working on a large airport, but the gate editor is not working properly. When I click to add gate, it comes up with green text, but no yellow B plane, dark blue C plane, light blue D plane etc. This makes editing very difficult, and the heading of the gate I'm looking at now is -2147483648, which is obviously wrong. When saving as a .xlf file, it says that there is a ? somewhere, but this gate bug means the ? isn't visible either.

Edit: The ?s has re-appeared, but creating gates is still a problem.

Hi,

Concerning the center radar control (ATC), how does it works exactly ?
Because I noticed at times ATC ask me to contact  some center after the FIR "border" (from jeppesen charts for example) and at time before (100 NM before) : between FIR ROSTOV and tsbili

Moreover I wondering, in real life, what is asking Control radar to pilot ?)

thanks a lot for all this beautiful work

40 (edited by Watauga 2017-07-14 22:29:34)

furrer411 wrote:
cmckjodi wrote:

You can create a top down view with standard Xplane functions:
Select View - Change (external) - Circle
Press the RIGHT mouse button, keep it pressed an move the mouse down until you have a top down view
Press CTRL and DOWN key (this refers to Xplane command "Move view backward fast") together several times to zoom out
Press CTRL and UP key (this refers to Xplane command "Move view forward fast") together several times to zoom in.

I tried the above direction to view the airport lay out from an aerial view.  I was able to get an aerial view of my aircraft.  However I was not able to get zooming out or in with CTRL plus Page DOWN or UP keys.  I was able to zoom in and out with the "+"  and "-" keys.  When zooming out, I was still over my aircraft.  An aerial view of the whole airport could not be obtain with my aircraft on the ground.

Watauga wrote:

I tried the above direction to view the airport lay out from an aerial view.  I was able to get an aerial view of my aircraft.  However I was not able to get zooming out or in with CTRL plus Page DOWN or UP keys.  I was able to zoom in and out with the "+"  and "-" keys.  When zooming out, I was still over my aircraft.  An aerial view of the whole airport could not be obtain with my aircraft on the ground.

Press C to enter free camera. Press F to look down. Press Shift + comma to move out. Press + to zoom in. Use arrow keys to move around. That's how to get an aerial view.

Hi, I had a crash to desktop when trying to fly from Edinburgh ( EGPH ). I'm running X-Plane 11.02r2 with X-Life v2rc1. The scenery is EGPH for XP 11 by tdg with the the latest Navigraph data set 1707.
It crashes before loading on startup, so far it's not happening at other airports. The Log.txt states that X-Life is causing the crash.
As far as I remember it didn't happen before X-Life v2rc1 with the same scenery.
I'm wondering if anybody else has had the same problem, or could try the same flight.

Further to my last post (42) it also CTD with the default scenery for EGPH as I removed the tdg scenery add-on. So it must be an problem within X-Life.

colinah wrote:

Hi, I had a crash to desktop when trying to fly from Edinburgh ( EGPH ). I'm running X-Plane 11.02r2 with X-Life v2rc1. The scenery is EGPH for XP 11 by tdg with the the latest Navigraph data set 1707.
It crashes before loading on startup, so far it's not happening at other airports. The Log.txt states that X-Life is causing the crash.
As far as I remember it didn't happen before X-Life v2rc1 with the same scenery.
I'm wondering if anybody else has had the same problem, or could try the same flight.

be useful if you can demonstrate this issue using skype j.a.romanov

amischkowitz wrote:

Hi,

Concerning the center radar control (ATC), how does it works exactly ?
Because I noticed at times ATC ask me to contact  some center after the FIR "border" (from jeppesen charts for example) and at time before (100 NM before) : between FIR ROSTOV and tsbili

Moreover I wondering, in real life, what is asking Control radar to pilot ?)

thanks a lot for all this beautiful work

It try to connect you with nearest FIR

Draco wrote:

OK I'm working on a large airport, but the gate editor is not working properly. When I click to add gate, it comes up with green text, but no yellow B plane, dark blue C plane, light blue D plane etc. This makes editing very difficult, and the heading of the gate I'm looking at now is -2147483648, which is obviously wrong. When saving as a .xlf file, it says that there is a ? somewhere, but this gate bug means the ? isn't visible either.

Edit: The ?s has re-appeared, but creating gates is still a problem.

Only if you can show me this via skype j.a.romanov

47 (edited by cmckjodi 2017-07-15 13:57:35)

For future to be able to generate flight plans to and from unverified airports please! Thanks

Hi JAR, re the crashing problem there's nothing to see. As soon as you press the X-Life start in the side toolbar nothing happens, then the Mac rainbow wheel comes up and starts rotating. After after a few seconds it crashes X-Plane to desktop.
As I say it's only EGPH that this problem occurs. I've tried with default XP scenery and with the addon scenery.

Draco wrote:
Watauga wrote:

Press C to enter free camera. Press F to look down. Press Shift + comma to move out. Press + to zoom in. Use arrow keys to move around. That's how to get an aerial view.

Draco,

Thank you for the instructions to obtain an aerial view of a airport.   I followed your directions and it works.

Ron West
KBNA

Hi,

Flight UBBB to EDDF

flightplan

GILA1C GILAB N449 GOGOL T925 REBLO UM11 TBN UL851 KARDE/N0474F280 L851 KUGOS/K0852F340 L851 ADINA/N0455F340 L40 MEGIK DCT PATAK/N0457F360 DCT ABITU DCT MAVOR P41 BABUS L602 BNO L726 ELMEK L602 SOPGA T170 RAPET T843 DEMAB/N0434F240 T173 KERAX KER25N

On airway UM11-UR317, 25 NM after REBLO, center radar ask me to contact Tsibili Center

But that's wrong, because we are in LTAA Ankara FIR

thanks for updates