Topic: X-Life ver.2 Early BETA 1,2,3, RC1

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2/t/p1bjn0u8u1ds8fq3tkflo1ecv3.jpg

Topic "Plan for Future" is very useful. Sure, I am understand well what airports coverage depend of users what send us taxiroutes for checking and publishing. We should care about users who create it. Yes, WED is some special software and not easy to use. Yes, be better to create own instant taxiroutes editor. And yes, it is Done now.

What new in ver.2.X:

beta 1:
+ add instant taxiroutes Editor
+ add new .xlf (one file format) for taxiroutes
+ old .dat + .txt support is continue
beta 2:
+ Insert point action fixed
+ Unluck verification as ARR/Alt airport fixed
+ Export/Import flightplan procedure fixed
beta 3
+ Runway Dep/Arr settings not saved fixed
+ Sea-level airport crash fixed
rc1:
+ add airport drawing check
     - if two points very close but not connect
     - if not connected end of the line not have gate/stand
     - if gate too far from nearest taxiline point
     - if there is no holdshort marked lines exist between runway and taxiways
+ fix some bugs and CTDs

Permanent link to actual beta 2
http://www.jardesign.org/x-life/download/xlifeb.zip

Installation:

If you use ver.2.X, you need update .xpl files only (attached)

If you use ver.1.X, you need delete old and install new FULL plugin from ZIP, please not mix any

1. Be sure what you use OSX 10.9-10.12 or Windows 7-8-10 and X-Plane 64 bit 10.42+ or X-Plane 11 64 bit.

2. Be sure what you have at least one of static library installed -
OpenSceneryX. If not, you can install it for free opensceneryx.com

3. Copy “X-Life” folder to your ../X-PLANE 10/Resources/plugins/ folder

4. If you prefer use HD “Bluebell XL” traffic AI library, please download 3 files from
http://jardesign.org/downloads/BBXL/BBXL-1.zip
http://jardesign.org/downloads/BBXL/BBXL-2.zip
http://jardesign.org/downloads/BBXL/BBXL-3.zip

Next unZIP and put “Bluebell XL” folder to ../X-PLANE 10/Custom Data/ folder
and install folders “PackA”, “PackB”, “PackG”, “PackJ”, “PackP” to
../X-PLANE 10/Custom Data/Bluebell XL/ folder

UPDATE YOU NAV DATA WITH FRESH CYCLE (if needed)
X-Life use NavData (old) cycle by Aerosoft from own /navdata/ subfolder
or from ../X-PLANE/Custom Data/GNS430/navdata/ folder if exist

If you need update your cycle, please use Aerosoft/Navigraph
- “JARDesign a320/330 Native format” or (the same in fact)
and put new cycle to ../X-PLANE/Custom Data/GNS430/navdata/ folder

How Airport Editor work

For initial understanding we prepare airports data in new .xlf files format
(you may open it with next editor also):
EFHK http://simliveries.com/index.php/2017/0 … life-beta/
UAAA http://simliveries.com/index.php/2017/0 … life-beta/
Sure, you can find this EFHK.xlf and UAAA.xlf in your /X-life/Airports/ folder

Load your aircraft in some airport, as example EFHK
Not need start traffic before!
Tap: Plugins -> X-Life -> Tools -> Airport Editor to start editor
Tap: on tab (LINES / GATES / RUNWAYS / RADIO) to switch different elements of airport what you want to create/edit
Use LINES tab if you want operate with points/lines as example
Use GATES tab if you want operate with gates/stands
Use RUNWAYS tab if you want to see Runways end points. You can move this points if need.
Select (clicking on Name lable) points, lines, gates (select needed tab
Click action buttons what available after selection
Drag points and gates (UNSELECT them before) by 'tap and hold' left mouse button on it
Rotate gates (SELECT this gate before) by 'tap and hold' left mouse button
Use SAVE button to save your data to, as example EFHK.xlf file
.xlf format include all datas for traffic in this airport

If you want draw some new airport from scratch, for example LDDU:
- please be sure what LDDU scenery folder is exist in your Custom Scenery folder
- please be sure what this scenery folder name include ICAO-code (LDDU in this case)
- please be sure what apt.dat file is exist in /Custom Scenery/LDDU Dubrovnic/Earth nav data/ folder
- please be sure what no files with LDDU name (like LDDU.dat, LDDU.txt, LDDU.xlf) not exist in /X-Life/Airports/ folder
(this file will be use by editor to import initial runways data)
- load your aircraft at LDDu and open Airport Editor Plugins -> X-Life -> Tools -> Airport Editor
- Switch RUNWAYS tab to see runways lines what was imported from that apt.dat
- Draw lines and gates
- Save result to LDDU.xlf file
- Close Editor and start traffic
- Next time when you will run editor, just saved file LDDU.xlf will be loaded from /X-Life/Airports/ folder

*** important note about taxiways MARKing:
Taxilines may be selected (need tap on it name lable) and marked (have visual different colors) as:
- runway (if taxiline is a on runway)
- hold area (if taxiline stay between runway and hold short)
- taxiway (for all other taxilines)
You can check how this done and look at EFHK and UAAA airports as example.

We will prepare details manual for Airport Editor some later.

FMCar update
Please use this files to update FMCar and make it compatible with new .xlf files format
http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 877#p17877

All remain the same
- please post you opinion about this version, post what you like/unlike
- post your log.txt + x-life.dmp if Crash happen and you are on Windows.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mac.xpl 1.22 mb, 325 downloads since 2017-07-05 

Attachment icon win.xpl 1.9 mb, 372 downloads since 2017-07-05 

Re: X-Life ver.2 Early BETA 1,2,3, RC1

Big surprise! I will test today.
Thanks.

How cool! I'll have a go at it shortly.
Thank you!

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

4 (edited by lanmancz 2017-06-28 19:35:22)

Hello,
very nice update. The ground route autogen is very welcome! May I have one suggestion though ? It would be nice if the autogen could be applied not only for current airport but also during flight plan creation for the destinatio/alternate airports. Currently I'd have to move to each airport first, generate the autogen routes by turning on xlife and save the file, then return to my original airport to begin the flight. So I think it would be nice to be able to generate the routes for the destination airport automatically as well when creating a flight plan. Currently it says that the airport is not compatible since it does not have the file pre-generated.
Anyway, an idea for future update. Thanks for continuous support.

Edit: Actually I just auto-generated routes for my destination airport, I can see after saving that the XLF file was created in Airports folder and traffic seems to start there normally but I still cant use it as destination. It says that the alternate (which is the same as destination) is not compatible. Am I missing something please ?

Wow, didn't thougt that my idea would be realized so fast! I am sure that this new editor will help to make more airports compatible! Very nice!

6 (edited by laohu314 2017-06-29 00:26:49)

Getting a CTD when trying to use Gate Editor at a Global Airports airport (KIAD), i.e. there isn't a folder for KIAD in the Custom Scenery folder. It would be great if in a future version, these airports would be "readable" by XL as well.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 74.08 kb, 359 downloads since 2017-06-28 

Attachment icon OSXCRASH.txt 82.52 kb, 306 downloads since 2017-06-28 

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

lanmancz wrote:

I can see after saving that the XLF file was created in Airports folder and traffic seems to start there normally but I still cant use it as destination. It says that the alternate (which is the same as destination) is not compatible. Am I missing something please ?

No.. I am missing.. Fixed with Beta 2.

laohu314 wrote:

Getting a CTD when trying to use Gate Editor at a Global Airports airport (KIAD), i.e. there isn't a folder for KIAD in the Custom Scenery folder. It would be great if in a future version, these airports would be "readable" by XL as well.

Sadly, if no apt.dat exist at Custom Scenery, XL cant read basic needed data. This is a future task. Thanks for report!

Getting crash with Airport Editor on LGKR by tdg for XPlane 11:
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/4737/t/p1bjpbatkq1n4gg39cn1118j1ur13.jpg

Scenery
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … orfu-xp11/

Log File:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 65.58 kb, 274 downloads since 2017-06-29 

Devirex wrote:

Scenery

Log File:

I need Link to this scenery and need X-Life files for this airport to check this issue

Ver 2 Beta 2 published.

+ Insert point action fixed
+ Unluck verification as ARR/Alt airport fixed
+ Export/Import flightplan procedure fixed

If you use ver.2.X, you need update .xpl files only (attached to first post)

JAR wrote:
Devirex wrote:

Scenery

Log File:

I need Link to this scenery and need X-Life files for this airport to check this issue

Scenery files are now directly attached.

This would be a new X-Life airport so no X-Life files are there. Screenshot shows that there is no existing LGKR.dat or LGKR.txt or LGKR.xlf existing, like it should be for "new" airports.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon LGKR xp11 tdg.zip 3.27 mb, 297 downloads since 2017-06-29 

13 (edited by SirOTheOne 2017-06-29 17:02:41)

Using new xl 2.0b2, but aircarft is departing on rwy while other aircraft is taxing from approach on rwy (see pic) on LOWS

Post's attachments

Attachment icon E1000_1.png 4.64 mb, 167 downloads since 2017-06-29 

iMac i7 4GHz (late 2015) 27" 24 GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB
XPlane 11.34, FM, X-Life, GroundHandling, about 50 payware aircrafts

14 (edited by laohu314 2017-06-29 22:46:36)

It seems that even though there is a apt.xlf file in the airports folder, the apt.dat and apt.txt files still get downloaded automatically from the JARDesign server every tome I start XP. This means the .xlf file isn't being used by X-Life. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

laohu314 wrote:

It seems that even though there is a apt.xlf file in the airports folder, the apt.dat and apt.txt files still get downloaded automatically from the JARDesign server every tome I start XP. This means the .xlf file isn't being used by X-Life. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

apt.xlf - what is this? You mean as example EDDM.xlf ot like LDDU.xlf? If yes - please understand what if file EDDM.xlf exist in /Airports/ folder it will NOT overwrite from server.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Devirex wrote:
JAR wrote:
Devirex wrote:

Scenery

Log File:

This would be a new X-Life airport so no X-Life files are there. Screenshot shows that there is no existing LGKR.dat or LGKR.txt or LGKR.xlf existing, like it should be for "new" airports.

Ok, good! Thank you! Please try with new .xpl files (attached) - this is Beta 3

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mac.xpl 1.21 mb, 271 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Attachment icon win.xpl 1.89 mb, 254 downloads since 2017-06-30 

17 (edited by laohu314 2017-06-30 12:35:09)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
laohu314 wrote:

apt.xlf - what is this? You mean as example EDDM.xlf ot like LDDU.xlf? If yes - please understand what if file EDDM.xlf exist in /Airports/ folder it will NOT overwrite from server.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. I made a KBOS.xlf file by using Airport Editor and saving the file. I had removed the KBOS.dat and KBOS.txt file but when I restart XP, the KBOS.dat and KBOS.txt files re-appeared, so I was assuming that they were downloaded from the server. They KBOS.xlf file is still there too. I have added screenshots before and after starting XP.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon after.jpg 375.51 kb, 147 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Attachment icon before.jpg 288.73 kb, 166 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Attachment icon Log.txt 39.19 kb, 259 downloads since 2017-06-30 

JAR wrote:
Devirex wrote:
JAR wrote:

It's working! There are also some taxi-routes autogenerated, awesome!

Devirex wrote:
JAR wrote:
Devirex wrote:

That is taxiroutes imported from this scenery apt.dat file

laohu314 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
laohu314 wrote:

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. I made a KBOS.xlf file by using Airport Editor and saving the file. I had removed the KBOS.dat and KBOS.txt file but when I restart XP, the KBOS.dat and KBOS.txt files re-appeared, so I was assuming that they were downloaded from the server. They KBOS.xlf file is still there too. I have added screenshots before and after starting XP.

Understand.

Yes, that file will be download again if deleted before. But if .xlf file for this airport is exist, plugin will read it only and just ignore .dat + .txt files

JAR wrote:
Devirex wrote:
JAR wrote:

I have painted several Taxi routes and stands but they are not used by X-life.
There is shown 7 gates 1 busy by 150% usage in the settings.
Could some "object exclude areas" the issue?
I also had a crash please find the files as attachment.

It's not that this airport is so important for me but if this works, maybe some other airports don't have similiar problems.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon LGKR.xlf 3 kb, 230 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Attachment icon LGKR_no_static.zip 2.78 kb, 211 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Attachment icon Log.txt 61.51 kb, 256 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 149.97 kb, 230 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Hello,
since I installed the latest Xlife beta I had 3 crashes already. First time it crashed when I tried to use the airport editor, second time it crashed when I tried to select different takeoff runway during clearance call and last time just now it crashed during my descent when I was on my downwind leg - this one was particularly annoying because it happened after 5 and a half hour flight :-/
Unfortunately I'm unable to provide more details as it did not create any crash dump, only log.txt.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 162.14 kb, 403 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Devirex wrote:
JAR wrote:
Devirex wrote:

It's not that this airport is so important for me but if this works, maybe some other airports don't have similiar problems.

This airport is really some special, cause it runway level is equal sealevel. I try to rework plugin for better understanding this scenery. Also, i show you how you can rework your taxiroutes.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon LGKR.xlf 2.74 kb, 217 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Attachment icon mac.xpl 1.21 mb, 272 downloads since 2017-06-30 

Attachment icon win.xpl 1.89 mb, 267 downloads since 2017-06-30 

lanmancz wrote:

Hello,
since I installed the latest Xlife beta I had 3 crashes already. First time it crashed when I tried to use the airport editor, second time it crashed when I tried to select different takeoff runway during clearance call and last time just now it crashed during my descent when I was on my downwind leg - this one was particularly annoying because it happened after 5 and a half hour flight :-/
Unfortunately I'm unable to provide more details as it did not create any crash dump, only log.txt.

thanks for report. it may be, cause it is early (not stable) beta. Sure, log is useful thing.

25 (edited by Devirex 2017-06-30 20:12:26)

JAR wrote:
Devirex wrote:
JAR wrote:

This airport is really some special, cause it runway level is equal sealevel. I try to rework plugin for better understanding this scenery. Also, i show you how you can rework your taxiroutes.

Ah ok, the airport elevation is the issue. Now it makes sense what the problem is. Ok so with this editor are same restrictions like in wed with taxi-in and taxi-out stands with letting a small gap between stand and taxi-out route.
And now it's working !!! I think there are also some other airports with this elevation so it is good that its solved! Great support!