Re: JD320 Airliner ver 3.1r1,r2 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

Well, this is not my first time here! I really getting tired to try using the a320 jar! No unswer any way from Romanov!
The SASL reporting problems about activation process and the activation process not working! And I don't need to expose these problems here because the support page and forum are full of them! Please, Mr Romanov, make a new version of the airplane.

Hi 2 days ago transfer my self from MSFS produtions to x-plane. I using those products from MSFS 98 to FSX. I am happy here is better physics than FSX or p3d. So i bought xlife, JD a320neo and xenviro. i am happy. those products works very well for me, I know this whole system is still is development phase and need tiny fixing, but i think all goes well. I dont have any registration problem and big mechanism problem with a320, need a littl abit work and this is alike aerosoft airbus x from FSX. smile

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit),Asus maximus formula IX, i7 6700K, G.Skills 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 gaming z (8GB),
My Fleet: FF A320U, FF A350, FF B763, FF B757v2 ext, JAR A330, JAR A320, ToLiss A319
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe, FMcar, EFASS, XEnviro, X-Camera

@benjcarter and fespezim
Have you tried to file a ticket? http://www.jardesign.org/ticket/kb/index.php
I don't know whether Mr. Romanov checks the forum, but he usually responds very quickly to support requests.

stratone wrote:

For this rev. of A320 - in Germany we say "verschlimmbessert", means much worser than before.

A short summery of some issues I had during several flights:

- T/O - FlexTemp, Acceleration Altitude do your inputs have any influence? I guess not or better can't see it.
- Climb - who computed 340 kts ? Resulting in overspeed and AP cutoff. And to get the right THR thereafter is a nightmare.
- LNAV and VNAV accuracy still a wish. You have to keep an eye or better both on it. STARS you better compute by yourself, often you get a nice mix or you will simply miss some.
- does anyone ever tried the hold function? Input Inbound course is not possible, the legtime you can change but at the end you have to use "compute". The result is all others than a hold. And computed the AP ignores all and will fly you into the nirvana. Better you do it in the old fashion way.....heading and clock.
- on Approach - on final, all stable, ILS/GS captured eg. - how in the hell I get Alpha Floor? THR goes to max and you climb out like a rocket. I promise, every controller will be chocked too.
- the lateral oscillations on final with correct approach speed until about 500 tf AGL are not normal. Sometimes up to 15 degr. to both sides with a steady headwind of 15 kts?

For the time - the A320 is not really reliable.

I agree with all these things!
In case i only flow this aircraft at a friend of mine, and there was no real airbus feeling.
The autopilot climbed above the calculated cruise speed at FL390 (was about 260kts indicated) and turned off the autopilot, very hard to get it back working in the right way to keep the speed in "CLB thrust" - in this case i was also missing the red "maximum speed indicator" in the PFD which should be displayed, so the pilot knows when he is going to fast with his plane. By now it is only visible when flaps are extended

I also agree with the lateral oscillations on the final, the airplane turn from left to right, even if there is no wind or a steady wind from the front or slightly left or right -> very hard to keep it on the ILS course, always turning the joystick left and right, but not good!

The stranges thing was the "fly by wire" which is not a fly by wire at all.
It is very hard to get the aircraft of the ground if you think it works as it should - felt like flying a Boeing but not like an Airbus.
Keeping the joystick steady to the back to get the nose up and getting climb rates of more then 5000ft/min is not that normal i think. Also on approach it is hard to keep a steady sinkrate to stay on the glideslope (also see above, lateral oscillations).

Also on VOR approaches where every VOR radial + distance from VOR is inserted the plane does not follow these created points, i think it does not even generates these points.
It was flying straight on indicated heading and altitude after passing the FAF and was not following the entered route to intercept the radial for the VOR approach.

Autoland: very odd thing... there was no wind at all but when touching down the left wire exploded/got damaged - normal thing? i dont think so.

In that case i think i dont buy this aircraft right now, have to wait to get more functions to get it better:
- Fly By Wire
- PFD
- autopilot behaviour
- lateral oscillations

Aircraft works fine for me (V3.1r2) but has Jar ever said anything about implementing features from their famous "not implemented" list? Is A320 now "finished" producs and we get only hotfixed for bugs or are there plans to implement new features? Especially Flight Factor promising study level A320 if Jar does not improve, after FFA320 launch no one will buy this aircraft because it still misses some key features. By implementing those Jar could be king of A320 family.

206 (edited by ilankrt 2017-07-05 13:14:27)

Bruns wrote:

Aircraft works fine for me (V3.1r2) but has Jar ever said anything about implementing features from their famous "not implemented" list? Is A320 now "finished" producs and we get only hotfixed for bugs or are there plans to implement new features? Especially Flight Factor promising study level A320 if Jar does not improve, after FFA320 launch no one will buy this aircraft because it still misses some key features. By implementing those Jar could be king of A320 family.

I have the same thoughts and questions.

1. Is JAR A320/330 an end product that needs only to get stable (eliminating bugs and instabilities) or
2. Is JAR developers able to offer us additionaly to buy upgraded products on the level other professional A320/330 airliner models?

The A320 market seems to get hot with the announcement of FF development, but until now it is only hot air. Probably it can be  getting real in the near future, but I and so many other user would like to see a technically "High end" JAR product.
For now we heard only about additional Airbus models but those are not new and seems to be albeit the wonderful design  on same technical level as the present ones. So the ball is now in JAR field. We need an quick answer and hopefully a development leap..

BTW: Who is interested and ready to pay for such an upgraded product ?

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

207 (edited by dimkzr 2017-07-07 22:03:59)

ilankrt wrote:

BTW: Who is interested and ready to pay for such an upgraded product ?

For starters, I'm interested in getting decent and stable A320 I already paid for.
If JAR is unable to provide even this, what "professional features" or extra money are we talking about?

I bought JAR320 because it was looking promising and was, in my opinion, more stable in its earliest betas. Now, considering JAR silence and consistent A320 degradation from version to version, we could either hope that he's busy finishing A340 (I've heard its systems will be more advanced and written in C+, and that A320 will eventually move onto this platform too), or just breathe out and wait for the Flight Factor.

I think the basic functions an A320 has should be inside.
An A320 is known for its fly by wire system - right now it is like flying an B737 where you need to use the trim to get the plane stable on final approaches when flying without AP engaged.
It looks good right now but some small things mentioned above are missing. In that case it is hard to get a good feeling for this aircraft when flying it.
Maybe there will be some update that will fix these things to get it even better as it is now:
aircrafft is looking great from the inside and outside, the sound is perfect but when it looks great and the nessecary functions arent inside you can not call it A320.

dimkzr wrote:

I bought JAR320 because it was looking promising and was, in my opinion, more stable in its earliest betas. Now, considering JAR silence and consistent A320 degradation from version to version, we could either hope that he's busy finishing A340 (I've heard its systems will be more advanced and written in C+, and that A320 will eventually move onto this platform too), or just breathe out and wait for the Flight Factor.

Silence is really bad thing. We haven't heard anything about future of this aircraft. Yes it is possible that they are working with other products like A340 but I think they should talk to us and not just be in silence. If Flight Factor manages to get their A320 out and it will be as good as they say, it will be end for Jar A320. But well I think they've got their money out of it already so maybe they don't even bother update their A320 anymore and instead build another decent product that people are forced to buy if they want to fly lets say A340 (there is no other available).

KalleFFM wrote:

An A320 is known for its fly by wire system - right now it is like flying an B737 where you need to use the trim to get the plane stable on final approaches when flying without AP engaged.

Weird. I have never needed to trim aircraft. A320 has auto trim so it shouldn't even needed. At least I've never experienced issues with auto trim not doing its work.

Those Customers who paid for a product with a price equal / more than the xplane simulator itself cost have the right for some reply and clarification .

The upgrade to xplane 11 was also paid and we didn't hesitate to pay hopefully it's a new Era of JAR.

with all those bugs reported here while maybe some of them are user related but the lack of support / troubleshooting with customers is not building the trust between JAR and future releases of any software.

You were very supportive years back , you added additional functions at some times , but never addressed all the bugs that was reported.

i think we have the right for a road-map for the already released products  A320 and A330

thanks

211 (edited by adl320 2017-07-09 03:08:24)

Crazy that over all the years of flight simming I've enjoyed, the Airbus aircraft are such elusive beasts to "get right". I still do like this aircraft, bugs and all in XP11. I don't have another large commercial airliner with depth to compare it too and this is one of my favorite planes. However, slow updates to address known major concerns is in itself concerning.

I still have my FSX installed and just bought P3D v4. I am also thoroughly enjoying the totally deep FSLabs A320 on the FSX platform, soon to be installed on P3D v4. I don't feel bad mentioning that developer's product here as it's on a different platform and is an example of what's possible. For the price, this is what we should expect from a proper A320 "study sim" for XP. I love XP, but the lack of deep study sim commercial airplanes is what makes me keep my hanger full in FSX.

Let's hope JAR keep updating this product as clearly we all want depth and realism in our A320 sims.

Aaron

212 (edited by ilankrt 2017-07-09 11:49:50)

Test flight LLBG - LGSR using the latest A320 and X-Life versions without failure occurrence.

I agree with all user about the now a days situation. We want more sophisticated and flawlessly functioning airliner models. We need a serious A320/A330 technical leap.

http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il/2017/06/ … 1-and.html
http://flyingpauls.blogspot.de/2017/06/ … e-11.html)

On the other hand I see a lot of complains that are addressed to JAR but possibly emerges also because of other reasons like incompatibilities, drivers,  plugins or graphic card overload etc. X-Plane 11 became a complex software with a very vulnerable environment.

How can it be that some user can simulate many times albeit occasionally disturbed occurrence of some failures with the A320 a successful flight from cold and dark up to landing and other user experience steady crashes? 

https://youtu.be/bbCrpdvNVpA

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

adl320 wrote:

I still have my FSX installed and just bought P3D v4. I am also thoroughly enjoying the totally deep FSLabs A320 on the FSX platform, soon to be installed on P3D v4. I don't feel bad mentioning that developer's product here as it's on a different platform and is an example of what's possible. For the price, this is what we should expect from a proper A320 "study sim" for XP. I love XP, but the lack of deep study sim commercial airplanes is what makes me keep my hanger full in FSX.

Let's hope JAR keep updating this product as clearly we all want depth and realism in our A320 sims.

Aaron

I really do hope same. I am not afraid to mention that if Flight Factor A320 is as great as it looks like it will be, I will swap and forget Jar A320. I am even close to get P3D and FSLabs A320 just to get better version. Like I mentioned before it is sad that Jar seems to forgotten customers and their product.

I'd love to see proper "What next" plan.. a road map or something. After all X-Plane is great platform and Jar A320 is good product. But it still needs to fix couple minor things to get it right. MCDU still has missing features, FADEC does not work properly (overshoots) and also there is some minor things on cockpit preprations (too much already done, no boot up sequence for computers).

Looks like it's gonna be a Ghost Forum for some time

I have to agree that the Flight Factor A320 does look very good. But, if what they say is true it will be very complex and there will be a lot to learn. Not sure I have the brains to do it.
I personally like the JAR Airbus as it is flyable with limited knowledge, but you can work it to be fairly real. With the Flight Factor A320 you may well have to be a real airbus pilot to get it off the ground. Flight Factor do not always produce what they promise, I purchased the A350 not long after it was released. It's very good, but we were told that SIDs and STARs would be released in an update. So far to my knowledge this hasn't happened yet. ( We are talking a long time now) I contacted Flight Factor and was told this was not them they were waiting for another developer.
We shall see.

guys remember when were all flying in fsx and we all used pmdg aircraft and we got really upset that they didn't reply everyday to like we wanted them to I look at this and think to that sometimes them not saying anything isn't normally a bad thing it means they are working hard to get an update out and my guess is they are really working on the update for the aircraft or working on the 340 lets give them time

There is a lot of bad experience collected on this page. Just to add my opinion:

I am able to fly this plane from A to B safely in normal operations. I can get it to do what I want in all phases. But I have to intervene with selected altitude and speed, and fly things like holdings, go arounds manually. It is fun as well as as a challenge. I had no crashes on the recent flights, and previous crashes may be due to other reasons.

However, it does not behave like a real Airbus in many respects, some of them could have been fixed easily long time ago. Here is my worst complaint:

The plane has too little drag. Make sure that the clean Airbus is descending with around 1000 ft/min at 200 knots (green dot speed). This problem causes frequent need of speed breaks.

There are of course numerous differences to the real FMGS. E.g., the plane does not recognize NAVAID names, it has no fixes, and it confuses VOR 1 and VOR 2. But nothing I cannot work around. And there are cosmetic issues like the dot at selected altitude.

It seems, however, that we cannot hope for a quick fix.

218 (edited by richardushiro 2017-07-13 18:14:06)

laohu314 wrote:

The A320/330 don't use the XP11 nav data yet. So just make a folder GNS430 in your XP11 Custom Data folder and copy the Navigraph navdata folder into the GNS430 folder.

thomasbriscoe76@gmail.com wrote:

Trying to update the AIRAC cycle for the Jar A320 with Navigraph and also have Aerosoft Navdata Pro. Saw the instructions on this message board to map Navigraph or Navdata Pro to XPlane 11 / Custom Data / GNS430 / Navdata. However, XPlane 11 does not use the GNS430 folder anymore. Any suggestions and has anyone had any luck mapping it to the XPlane 11 / custom data folder?

Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could offer further help on this ^^ Currently running the A230 neo 3.1 version, and i completely understand that Jardesign doesn't use the Xplane Navdata. So I've deleted the old Navigraph data from Xplane/Custom Data - PROC,CIFP, and the three earth.dat files....and I've replaced them with the new airac 1707 data from navigraph in Xplane format. ONTOP of this, I've also deleted the old/  and then downloaded the latest Navdata for the A320 (in Jardesign native format), and put it in Custom Data/ GNS430 / navdata. As Xplane doesn't have the GNS430 folder I simply created it and put everything in as per instructions.
However upon loading the aircraft In Xplane i am still presented with the default "1410" AIRAC In "active nav" line, and the "Second Nav" line does not have any data in it saying "Not loaded".

How is this possible that xplane is reverting the navdata back to the default airac 1410, when I removed all contents of it from xplane folder and replaced it with the most up to date navdata in both the custom data and GNS430 folders!!??

Could some one please offer assistance, because I've followed everything to the letter with no success ..

Help would be appreciated.
Kind regards

the 1410 navdata is located in the A320 folder under _navdata, so that explains why you are still seeing the 1410.  However, that can be left as it is, as it should only default to that if it cannot find a later version in the GNS430 folder and in the right format.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fo … -plane-11/

check out Cessna729's screenshot and if you need to reproduce that layout of files under your GNS430 folder.  If it is any help, i use navigraph data and my addon mappings for the GNS430 folder are as follows:-

X-Plane GNS430,777 Worldliner (Ext/Prof), Flightfactor B757 ...... mapped to myxplanefolder\Custom Data\GNS430

That seems to import the data correctly, so that i can use it in the A320. 

Good luck

Does anybody know how to toggle the passenger sounds, if at all? I see videos of the Airbus A320 and people are able to toggle pax sounds with the push of a button, but I have no idea how to do this.

Draco wrote:

Does anybody know how to toggle the passenger sounds, if at all? I see videos of the Airbus A320 and people are able to toggle pax sounds with the push of a button, but I have no idea how to do this.

Hi. Cntrl-Shift-P turns on the pax sound.

Aaron

Adding in what someone said about folks complaining about crashes, etc. I agree that your unique config has a lot to do with this. I have not had any crashes with this airplane and frankly it is more rock solid reliable for me than the aforementioned FSLabs A320 in FSX. I really love flying this model because it has more "soul" in XP than the other aircraft in FSX. Yes, the FSlabs aircraft is much deeper in system simulations - And I mean DEEP - For instance, they've modeled the sun beating on the wings heating up the fuel. Flying out of the desert SW on a 40+ degree day, I've received Hi Fuel Temp ECAM messages. with the ECAM directing how to address it, just like the real aircraft. Crazy.

However, the JAR A320 is right there to me. XP is a superior platform to FSX and P3D in my opinion and I now own all three. That said, XP deserves more study-quality simulations. JAR are so close overall so hopefully they are indeed heads down, ignoring the noise and just getting it done! smile

Aaron

adl320 wrote:
Draco wrote:

Aaron

That command din't do anything unfortunately. Might you have assigned it manually, or is that the default shortcut?

Draco wrote:
adl320 wrote:
Draco wrote:

Aaron

That command din't do anything unfortunately. Might you have assigned it manually, or is that the default shortcut?

I just replaced the corresponding sound files (starting with pax_ or similar) by empty sound files. I don't know whether there is any command for disabling the sound.