Re: a320neo JARDesign ver 3.0r1-6 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

rdrehmer wrote:

Well, it`s very unfortunate to know about that. I just had a quick chat with him on Skype 10 min ago and the conclusion was
“This feature exist at real airbus but work different, depend of MCDU software version.” (his words).

I`m not a real a320 pilot, so I don`t have parameters to disagree. But comparing to other FMCs, this indeed seems to be very strange.

On his place, I would rather deactivate this feature than letting it buggy like this.
The last time I tested, it automatically inserted a FL003 (300ft). Huuuum I don`t think I want to fly this low, thanks.

Can JAR prove his statement with references to FCOM/QRH or any other real document?

Let's pretend this feature do exist on a real A320. Then can JAR please explain the logic behind it? Why it randomly changing FL to random values, or even to complete nonsense?

dimkzr wrote:
rdrehmer wrote:

Well, it`s very unfortunate to know about that. I just had a quick chat with him on Skype 10 min ago and the conclusion was
“This feature exist at real airbus but work different, depend of MCDU software version.” (his words).

I`m not a real a320 pilot, so I don`t have parameters to disagree. But comparing to other FMCs, this indeed seems to be very strange.

On his place, I would rather deactivate this feature than letting it buggy like this.
The last time I tested, it automatically inserted a FL003 (300ft). Huuuum I don`t think I want to fly this low, thanks.

Can JAR prove his statement with references to FCOM/QRH or any other real document?

Let's pretend this feature do exist on a real A320. Then can JAR please explain the logic behind it? Why it randomly changing FL to random values, or even to complete nonsense?

Totally agree with you.

Mr. Romanov, it`s a bit frustrating to pay the same amount of the entire x-plane 11 simulator (60 usd) for a single aircraft and the most essential function of its FMS is failing to do its job. Please, don`t get me wrong, I`m totally ok with bugs. Every software have bugs, every payware have bugs and addressing them are part of development process.

But ignoring them and blaming on the user, oh boy... this completely piss me off.

I think it is time to stop running wild  !
Today I made a test flight EETN - ULLI with JAR A320 without any problem.
MCDU works as it should. All systems are well and X-Life ATC and traffic work also great.

Yes, I had in the near past problems with the A320, and it might be the I was lucky this time.
It could be that this r3 version is not 100% stable but the wild attacks are not in place.

I suspect (and forgive me if I am wrong) that some inexperienced simmer are making mistakes
complaining that they are the result of the A320 design. So I urgent recommend to those guys to
look at tutorial videos and learn how to do it right.

I streamed my last flight and also recorded it and I will publish soon here a video you should follow ...
I want also to recommend to follow instruction how to program the MCDU (FMC) so the discussions about will become needless:

http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il/2016/12/ … ne-10.html

BTW usually I am streaming my flights  on Thursday ....

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

Bruns wrote:

Test flights done with V3.0R4. Here is what I've noticed:

+ TERR ON ND seem to work fine now. No more extra black click. Great!

- When you set ND range to 10 you can click one more lower. Nothing happens click is heard. After this if you change one higher it still stays at 10 and does not move to 20. Seems like there is some kind of extra step below 10.

- IRS align. Once again I say this because no reaction or anything has been said. IRS aligns maybe in 3 minutes but upper ECAM still says "x minutes to align". I have said this in every patch but haven't got any response?

- Thrust to 50% to check stability before take off thrust does not work properly. Thrust goes all the way up to 55-60% and then comes back to 50%. Should not do that.

- Vertical profile is very steep. You have to always use speed brakes while descending. I don't think is something that should happen?

I am also asking are you ever going to do minor tweaks so aircraft works as it should? There is many weird things going on like lower ECAM seems like a mess (many pages are simplified, no status). ND misses lot of symbols. Overall I think none of "not yet implemented" features have been even as topic. Is this going to change now that X-Plane 11 has release and amount of compatibility fixes should not grow?

Confirm about thrust behavior, initially it jumps to higher value and then settle down to lower n1

155 (edited by rdrehmer 2017-04-12 21:22:59)

ilankrt wrote:

I suspect (and forgive me if I am wrong) that some inexperienced simmer are making mistakes
complaining that they are the result of the A320 design. So I urgent recommend to those guys to

Here is a tutorial video done by JAR itself.
https://youtu.be/clAQA9wXfQ4?t=3m

See the way he puts the CRZ FL even before the Cost Index?
I can`t do this, it automatically adds a random NEW CRZ FL.
I can follow a number of tutorials, some of them will work, some of them don`t, and I can`t say what is the difference.

edit: this video that was in the link you sent it`s the same thing. If I follow exacly what is done, won`t work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc6bxCA … e=youtu.be

So, what`s the logic behind? I can`t find anywhere in manuals something that say ”You should only insert a CRZ FL at [THIS] condition, Otherwise it wont work”.

156 (edited by Zmile 2017-04-12 22:57:54)

dimkzr wrote:
rdrehmer wrote:
Zmile wrote:

I had that problem but for me it got fixed in the v3.0r3 version... now it's accepting every value i input.

I noted this on r3 (the first one I tested, since I bought the a320 this week), but the problem still exists on r4.

Mr. Romanov, any hint on that?

This problem is being around for ages.
JAR refuses to admit that this is a weird behavior.
It's either we doing something "wrong", or our flight plans are "incorrect".

You probably are already doing this i expect but since i haven't got this problem since the r3 release i will ask and say what i'm doing.

You are inputing your route before you input the FL right? I usually insert the whole route (without SID's and STARs) and it has accepted every FL i choose, I went FL310 in 293 nm, trip.

(the new release v3r4 is working perfectly for me! .... but it keeps bothering me that the same Versions are doing different things for each of us.... @_@)

Zmile wrote:
dimkzr wrote:
rdrehmer wrote:

I noted this on r3 (the first one I tested, since I bought the a320 this week), but the problem still exists on r4.

Mr. Romanov, any hint on that?

This problem is being around for ages.
JAR refuses to admit that this is a weird behavior.
It's either we doing something "wrong", or our flight plans are "incorrect".

You probably are already doing this i expect but since i haven't got this problem since the r3 release i will ask and say what i'm doing.

You are inputing your route before you input the FL right? I usually insert the whole route (without SID's and STARs) and it has accepted every FL i choose, I went FL310 in 293 nm, trip.

(the new release v3r4 is working perfectly for me! .... but it keeps bothering me that the same Versions are doing different things for each of us.... @_@)

For me, it was more likely to accept 310 or 330 when in the mood to do so. But 370 or even 350 I could never insert, even for long and light flights.

Maybe you gave the best workaround, you need to fill the route WITHOUT STAR and SID, then insert the cruise level.

But again, if you see the two videos I posted previously, none of them follow these steps and it worked anyway.

ilankrt wrote:

Yes, I had in the near past problems with the A320, and it might be the I was lucky this time.
It could be that this r3 version is not 100% stable but the wild attacks are not in place.

I can't speak for everyone, but you're pretty much wrong about my experience with A320. And no, I earned it not from some youtube videos, but from the actual handbooks for this aircraft (QRH, FCOMs, etc). /brag mode off.

You see, the global problem with JAR320 in its current state is that you have to be very lucky to fly it.

Lucky to input correct CRZ LVL.
Lucky not to die with boredom while entering long flight plan leg by leg by leg by leg by leg (yes, I know about .txt routes, but this is a workaround, not a solution).
Lucky not to wander off course because of the autopilot not working properly.
Lucky to maintain (poorly calculated) vnav profile on descent without jerking speedbrakes up and down.
Lucky not to crash at any given time of your flight.

I can go on and on. But my point is, the real A320 is a very fool-proof aircraft, and JAR's A320 is quite the opposite - it's unreliable.

dimkzr wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

I can't speak for everyone, but you're pretty much wrong about my experience with A320. And no, I earned it not from some youtube videos, but from the actual handbooks for this aircraft (QRH, FCOMs, etc). /brag mode off.

You see, the global problem with JAR320 in its current state is that you have to be very lucky to fly it.

Lucky to input correct CRZ LVL.
Lucky not to die with boredom while entering long flight plan leg by leg by leg by leg by leg (yes, I know about .txt routes, but this is a workaround, not a solution).
Lucky not to wander off course because of the autopilot not working properly.
Lucky to maintain (poorly calculated) vnav profile on descent without jerking speedbrakes up and down.
Lucky not to crash at any given time of your flight.

I can go on and on. But my point is, the real A320 is a very fool-proof aircraft, and JAR's A320 is quite the opposite - it's unreliable.

Wait, are you saying you can't insert the airway? You need to insert all the waypoints?

Zmile wrote:

It doesn't matter, it could glitch with the both ways. Inserting FL after entering route simply increasing your chances to get what you expecting from JAR's FMC.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but per real procedure you can (and probably should) complete the whole INIT page (yes, FL included) before entering FP.

You may also correct me on this one (by quoting real documents), but as far as I know A320' FMC simply cannot, under no circumstances, replace your FL with some own gibberish. It is not your phone auto-correct. It either takes it or refuses it.

161 (edited by dimkzr 2017-04-13 00:47:27)

rdrehmer wrote:

Wait, are you saying you can't insert the airway? You need to insert all the waypoints?

No, I'm saying that with JAR you must insert waypoints one by one, explicitly confirming each one with TMPY INSERT. Not realistic and very time-consuming.

Well, I'm going to open a Support Ticket on this. I don't believe this these forum posts count as official bug reports.

Regarding the problem I had with STAR insertion, I had a 1h Skype call with JAR. He found a bug on the FMS on which it gets confused in cases where there are two procedures with same name but for different runways (very common in Brazil).

Dimkzr, you seem to be very "experient" at this CRZ FL bug. Don't you want to maybe take an hour or two to show JAR the details of it? Like in my case, it might enlighten him to find out where the problem is laying.

163 (edited by dimkzr 2017-04-13 01:38:40)

rdrehmer wrote:

Dimkzr, you seem to be very "experient" at this CRZ FL bug. Don't you want to maybe take an hour or two to show JAR the details of it? Like in my case, it might enlighten him to find out where the problem is laying.

Well, I may know a thing or two about how it should and shouldn't behave, but that's it. Let's leave actual programming to Mr. Romanov, he knows better how to make this darn thing work :-)

164 (edited by Zmile 2017-04-13 03:56:03)

dimkzr wrote:
Zmile wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but per real procedure you can (and probably should) complete the whole INIT page (yes, FL included) before entering FP.

I believe you are correct, and to clarify i'm not saying that i'm giving correct solutions, i'm like you said provinding an attempt of workaround, while trying to understand why it's not accepting the FL, because if it accepted it after you enter the FP, we would know why that was happening, but if it just doesn't accept the FL at all it's a different story

--------------------

each time i delete a a320 folder and paste a new one it feels like rolling the dices

Like when in the previous version there were posts about SASL... i never got an error about it and i got the plane on the version v3b7

I always had the problem with the NEW CRZ FL until the v3r3 as i said it got fixed for me i can input my CRZ FL before or after it doesn't matter. Now, why it's working properlly for me and not for others? I have no clue...

In the v3r3 i got weird black lines in the plane windows wich you had said that they were fixed in the r1... and i had never seen them before... they got fixed for me now in r4, why? luck?...

don't get me wrong, i love the plane, just pointing the inconsistency

165 (edited by Bruns 2017-04-13 08:16:25)

ilankrt wrote:

I think it is time to stop running wild  !
Today I made a test flight EETN - ULLI with JAR A320 without any problem.
MCDU works as it should. All systems are well and X-Life ATC and traffic work also great.

First of all MCDU works maybe 90% as it should. There is quite many things that are not doing their job. Cruise level calculator is broken. If someone real pilot honestly tells me that "Yes it calculates that FL180 is ok for 1600nm flight" then yeah I take my words back. But I highly doubt that. Especially because after 2-3 tries entered altitude is accepted and everything is fine. I do not know if this now working as it should or not but at least after updating into V3.0R4 I haven't got this problem though.

Also there is clearly mistakes already in INIT page. Why it starts at INIT B page? Why I don't see temperature at cruise altitude when entering that at INIT A page?

ilankrt wrote:

I am really interested about aviation general and especially Airbus airliners. I do lot of research and read FCOMs and watch real pilot created YouTube videos. No I am not real life pilot and I do not say my word is absolute truth. Overall plane works fine. I do not thing I have wasted my money. But there is numerous of tiny things that could be fixed. Lower ECAM is doing something completely own (APU screen does not return after apu start, you get fuel page when disconnecting GPU/Catering/Stairs, no ignition section on egnines etc.)

Yeah plane is flyable and it is great plane. But that doesn't mean there is not much work to do. Visually stunning. System wise I still from time to time fly FSX with Aerosoft Airbus because it is so much better system wise. And for some reason Jar always tend to say that we are wrong, things work as intended even they clearly do not.

166 (edited by ilankrt 2017-04-13 12:05:16)

As I said, JAR A320 is not yet 100% stable. I am one of those who try to help to get the optimum out of this model.
After perfect flight I also experienced a malfunction with the MCDU. After changing landing data (RWY, APPR...) during flight, I saw the new route on ND but the route wasn't display any more on MCDU.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1bdjj63nqk6u1f4k7je1c6p1jbl3.jpg

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1bdjj6p3vqobh9b1nga2hnpnt7.jpg

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log copy.txt 147.81 kb, 233 downloads since 2017-04-13 

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

ilankrt wrote:

As I said, JAR A320 is not yet 100% stable. I am one of those who try to help to get the optimum out of this model.
After perfect flight I also experienced a malfunction with the MCDU. After changing landing data (RWY, APPR...) during flight, I saw the new route on ND but the route wasn't display any more on MCDU.

Dumb question, but did you try scrolling up?
Sometimes my route page goes completely blank, like yours. It turns out that it just went up on the screen and a few clicks on the down arrow solved.

Regarding the NEW CRZ FL thing:

Everybody who have this problem – on more or less frequency – please open a Ticket on support. Maybe this way we get his attention on this.

169 (edited by ilankrt 2017-04-13 16:09:44)

Steaming test flight GDP time 16.40

www.twitch.tv/ilankrt

Flying from EGCC (Manchester) to EGLL (Heathrow) on a LISTO departure from 23R I got the departure showing in the completely the wrong direction. The route loaded correctly through X-Life, no problems there, but the takeoff runway heading was behind me and there where a couple of strange waypoints giving odd turns before LISTO. I have airacc 1704 loaded correctly and this doesn't happen in the A330, the takeoff is runway heading and then turning to LISTO. The problem a couple of updates ago, not sure what's going on. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem
In the attached screenshot I'm just about to turn right onto the runway and as you cane see the route is behind the aircraft.

171 (edited by captain orange 2017-04-13 20:01:12)

J.A.R can you help me I can not do flights because whenever I try to load the co-route I get a F-PLAN READING ERROR (I have tried Simbrief,EFASS and a few others) the flight plans are in the correct format .txt. I have also tried manually putting in the flight plan but get ARR/DEP not found. I attached images of my A320 folder and the /_navdata folder from the A320.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon jardesignfile.jpg 40.21 kb, 172 downloads since 2017-04-13 

Attachment icon jardesignfile.jpg.a82c2ac2700efe56a9cf586cd3e44a31.jpg 60.68 kb, 149 downloads since 2017-04-13 

172 (edited by dimkzr 2017-04-13 21:50:10)

captain orange wrote:

J.A.R can you help me I can not do flights because whenever I try to load the co-route I get a F-PLAN READING ERROR (I have tried Simbrief,EFASS and a few others) the flight plans are in the correct format .txt. I have also tried manually putting in the flight plan but get ARR/DEP not found. I attached images of my A320 folder and the /_navdata folder from the A320.

Long story short.

Check if your FP file have named SID and STAR, and replace those with the words "SID" and "STAR".
E.g. change this:
EGCC LIST2Y LISTO L612 HON N859 KIDLI ASTR2B EGKK
into this:
EGCC SID LISTO L612 HON N859 KIDLI STAR EGKK

More detailed answer.

You need to make sure you're using more or less recent AIRAC cycle (the current is 1704).
Open "cycle_info.txt" file found in your YOUR-JAR320-FOLDER/_navdata folder and look at the very first line, it should say something like "AIRAC cycle: XXXX".
If you need to update your AIRAC, I wrote a mini-guide on this subject: http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 365#p16365

Next, for the flight plans.
JAR is using a very basic flight plan format: FROM SID WAYPONTS STAR TO
When exporting your FP from Simbrief via "Download FMS", pick "JARDesign Airbus" file format and put downloaded .txt into YOUR-JAR320-FOLDER/FlightPlans
Then make sure that this .txt doesn't contain actual SID/STAR names.
Lastly, fire up your sim and put the name of your .txt file (just the name, without ".txt" part) into CO RTE field. Then manually pick your SID and STAR from FMC menu.

My .txt files are in the right format and I even tried using some of the fms plans that came with the plane but that did not work either. So does that mean it is necessity to use navigraph in order for the fms to work.

Hi !

captain orange wrote:

My .txt files are in the right format and I even tried using some of the fms plans that came with the plane but that did not work either. So does that mean it is necessity to use navigraph in order for the fms to work.

You do not need to update navigraph.

You should update navigraph if:
  - you are going to fly online and are forced to use the latest navigraph.
  - you want to use a special navigraph cycle.

So if you have the standard navigraph cycle (140x or something like that) go to your favorite flight planner,
select the navigraph cycle you have and that's it.

Sure, if you use an old navigraph cycle in the plane and generate a route with the latest cycle, you might run into
problems.

best regsrds,

ilankrt wrote:

If you use Plan view of ND, you need scroll to point you need to see at MCDU

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org