Re: a320neo JARDesign ver 3.0r1-6 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

What is the proper action to map to joystick button to disconnect the Autopilot?

obadvw wrote:

What is the proper action to map to joystick button to disconnect the Autopilot?

I use "Servos Toggle." for that

xplane crashed after landing @ LCLK and during taxi to the gates , not sure if this is related to Jardesign v3 R3 but i thought i'd attach the log file incase you want to look at it

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 66.44 kb, 223 downloads since 2017-04-10 

piecko wrote:
obadvw wrote:

I use "Servos Toggle." for that

Thanks , i'll try that, i am afraid it won't break any autopilot sequence / function during approach

obadvw wrote:

xplane crashed after landing @ LCLK and during taxi to the gates , not sure if this is related to Jardesign v3 R3 but i thought i'd attach the log file incase you want to look at it

That was X-Plane crash
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

not aircraft or plugins crash in this case.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Mr. Romanov, thanks for the reply concerning GPWS alerts. However you answer makes me not very happy.
You say you know the problem, you know its source (singular mesh faults/mesh transitions), but your answers sounds
like "its a mesh problem, not ours".
If you know where the problem originates from should't it be possible to write a work-around (e.g. low pass filter the RA data).

Zmile wrote:

So i set my Visual Effects to Medium to avoid having those weird black lines around all cockpit windows, but by doing this i Lost the DOME LIGHTS + FLOOD LTs

Dunno what to say: those "lines" were fixed in v3r1.
For me it doesn't matter which effect or FSAA settings I'm using - I don't see any lines.

133 (edited by dimkzr 2017-04-10 20:36:31)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
obadvw wrote:

That was X-Plane crash

Here's my log from one of the flights with Jar320 that ended with a crash while taxiing for take-off.
Exactly the same "last words": SASL reporting something about thrust mode. Interesting coincidence!

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/4188/t/p1bdckc0abvh61boqbqpdthk3e3.png

I'm not trying to be smartass here (well, if only just a little), but I don't think XP logger could always pinpoint crashes down to the details like "hey, looks like module A of aircraft B doing thing C instead of a D, so I'm gonna report this and then crash".

134 (edited by Zmile 2017-04-10 21:12:57)

dimkzr wrote:
Zmile wrote:

So i set my Visual Effects to Medium to avoid having those weird black lines around all cockpit windows, but by doing this i Lost the DOME LIGHTS + FLOOD LTs

Dunno what to say: those "lines" were fixed in v3r1.
For me it doesn't matter which effect or FSAA settings I'm using - I don't see any lines.

I didn't had this in the previous Version v3r2 is fine for me... i only had issues with the MCDU "FL CRZ NEW" msg
wich were fixed in the v3r3 for me, but now i see lines all over the windows as i said if i play with "Visual Effects HDR"...

Lowering "Visual Effects to medium" was almost good... if that didn't kill my FLOOD LIGHTS they just disappear.

(I tried to move some files and folders and the only ones that sorted effects was when i used the Custume Avionics Folder from v3r2 on the v3r3, that would fixe the airplane windows... but would kill everything else... switch the file a320neo.acf from the previous version would do the same)

------------------

Not a perfect fix, but working around NVIDIA control panel i was able to make it so the lines are not noticeable or not there. ^^

dimkzr wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
obadvw wrote:

That was X-Plane crash

Here's my log from one of the flights with Jar320 that ended with a crash while taxiing for take-off.
Exactly the same "last words": SASL reporting something about thrust mode. Interesting coincidence!

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/4188/t/p1bdckc0abvh61boqbqpdthk3e3.png

I'm not trying to be smartass here (well, if only just a little), but I don't think XP logger could always pinpoint crashes down to the details like "hey, looks like module A of aircraft B doing thing C instead of a D, so I'm gonna report this and then crash".

The main way to explain bug or crash - reproduce it under debugger software. Log is mostly unuseful for details. MAC OS crash report - some better way for this - we can read what function produce crash.

136 (edited by rdrehmer 2017-04-11 00:38:49)

Hello, guys. First time here, just bought my A320.
I found a bug regarding glass transparency + HDR:

Here is what it should look:
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/4387/t/p1bdd6puuq22vp87fene5k1g6ke.jpg

And here is what is rendered behind the cockpit glass, everything is lit, no light FX (note there is raining, maybe the raindrop is causing that?)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/4387/t/p1bdd6r7p912h4lrg1rao1h8vhv5g.jpg

EDIT: Yeap, I cleared the weather and everything is ok now. The raindrop effect in the windows is causing that problem. How can I turn it of while not fixed?

Thanks

137 (edited by DtRs90 2017-04-11 09:28:56)

http://i65.tinypic.com/ndsope.png
Not light in cockpit, and ssal error always in R3

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 350.29 kb, 185 downloads since 2017-04-11 

Hi, I uploaded v3.0r1.r3 and on the first flight I noticed broken black lines across the front screen from inside the cockpit, however they were not there looking from inside too outside in cabin view. They were not there in v3.0r1, it was running smooth, so it's something in the update.
I played around with the antialiasing, I find my XP 11 runs fine with the antialiasing set to FXAA. If I upped the antialiasing to 2xSSAA+FXAA the broken black lines disappear. This does have a hit on frame rate, in FXAA I was running in high 20's, in 2xSSAA+FXAA I'm getting low 20's. I changed nothing in setup from v3.0r1 too v3.0r1r3, so, to run the update without the lines I'm loosing performance, that's a bit disappointing.

DtRs90 wrote:

http://i65.tinypic.com/ndsope.png
Not light in cockpit, and ssal error always in R3

[SASL INFO] "panel"    Warning: Custom NavData NOT installed at ../X-Plane 11/Custom Data/GNS430/navdata/
[SASL INFO] "panel"    Warning: Custom NavData NOT installed at E:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\320_JARDesign/_navdata/

So.. wrong NavData installation

About lights - please check you HDR mode is On at rendering settings

rdrehmer wrote:

And here is what is rendered behind the cockpit glass, everything is lit, no light FX (note there is raining, maybe the raindrop is causing that?)

EDIT: Yeap, I cleared the weather and everything is ok now. The raindrop effect in the windows is causing that problem. How can I turn it of while not fixed?

Thanks

To solve this issue i just build new pack. This version posted as release 4 and include only 1 additional function - for this pack, you can use MCDU MENU to turn Off rain from windows (look at Page 3, please)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
rdrehmer wrote:

Thanks

To solve this issue i just build new pack https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1rk8zuvaktjh … 1.zip?dl=0

please install it and inform me

at this pack, you can use MCDU MENU to turn Off rain from windows (look at Page 3, please)

Thanks, I will try it later!

--------

Another one. I've already opened a ticket on this, but as it seems to be known for some time, let's try a quicker response here:

When loading a STAR procedure, the FMS insert legs for a SID procedure, which is in fact the very first procedure of the PROC (txt) file of that airfield. It recognizes the names when selecting, but when it comes to insert, it all gets messed up with waypoints of another unrelated procedure.

Airfield: SBFL
STAR procedure that should be loaded: TIMV1A
What it loads in place: SID AGURI

Again, I think you already know about this, I've seen some people complaining about the same thing in 2014, 2015. So please let me know if more details are needed.

Thanks for your time!

142 (edited by Zmile 2017-04-11 14:46:22)

colinah wrote:

Hi, I uploaded v3.0r1.r3 and on the first flight I noticed broken black lines across the front screen from inside the cockpit, however they were not there looking from inside too outside in cabin view. They were not there in v3.0r1, it was running smooth, so it's something in the update.
I played around with the antialiasing, I find my XP 11 runs fine with the antialiasing set to FXAA. If I upped the antialiasing to 2xSSAA+FXAA the broken black lines disappear. This does have a hit on frame rate, in FXAA I was running in high 20's, in 2xSSAA+FXAA I'm getting low 20's. I changed nothing in setup from v3.0r1 too v3.0r1r3, so, to run the update without the lines I'm loosing performance, that's a bit disappointing.

Hello sir, i see that you have the same problem as me, i wasn't using the AntiAlising so i also got those lines in the r3 version.

As i posted above i found a way that worked for me to go around that and get more frames in'game (for me! i dunno if will be the same for you)

In XPlane11 Settings :

Visual Effects - High (HDR) if lowered the black lines disappear but you also lose FLOOD LIGHTS, so leave it in HDR;

Texture Quality - Medium (lowering or upping didn't effect the black lines for me);

AA - FXAA (anti alising does affect black lines, but i can't use more than FXAA or it would kill my frames);

Next step i went to NVIDIA Control Panel (don't know if you have nvidia if you do take a look, otherwise... i don't know how to help.

AntiAlising FXAA - Activate
AntiAlising Mode - Application Controlled (worked better for me)
AntiAlising Definitions - Application Controlled (worked better for me)
AntiAlising Transparency -Multisampling

Anisotropic Filtering - Aplication Controled
Texture Filtering - Anistropic Sampling Optimization - Activate
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization - Activate
Texture Filtering - Negative trend of detail level - Allow

Those values affected the black lines for me, i guess anyone could work around them, as it worked better for me, it may not be the same for others.

Is anyone else having problems with the SASL plungin errors. Jar support havent been much help they keep telling me its the wrong nav update but i haven't updated anything yet the a320  and a330 wont even load with what nav came with it much less changing it!

144 (edited by rdrehmer 2017-04-12 02:07:14)

Guys, whats the deal of the "NEW CRZ FL" ?
I can put Cost Index on 99 and get the airplane almost empty on weight. Even so the PROG page shows an OPT of FL390, any value I insert above 300 show the msg NEW CRZ FL and then is filled with something like FL260.

What am I doing wrong?

edit: it's a 800nm flight, so it's not too short for the altitude.

145 (edited by Zmile 2017-04-12 07:44:16)

rdrehmer wrote:

I can put Cost Index on 99 and get the airplane almost empty on weight. Even so the PROG page shows an OPT of FL390, any value I insert above 300 show the msg NEW CRZ FL and then is filled with something like FL260.

What am I doing wrong?

I had that problem but for me it got fixed in the v3.0r3 version... now it's accepting every value i input.

146 (edited by Bruns 2017-04-12 13:01:03)

Test flights done with V3.0R4. Here is what I've noticed:

+ TERR ON ND seem to work fine now. No more extra black click. Great!

- When you set ND range to 10 you can click one more lower. Nothing happens click is heard. After this if you change one higher it still stays at 10 and does not move to 20. Seems like there is some kind of extra step below 10.

- IRS align. Once again I say this because no reaction or anything has been said. IRS aligns maybe in 3 minutes but upper ECAM still says "x minutes to align". I have said this in every patch but haven't got any response?

- Thrust to 50% to check stability before take off thrust does not work properly. Thrust goes all the way up to 55-60% and then comes back to 50%. Should not do that.

- Vertical profile is very steep. You have to always use speed brakes while descending. I don't think is something that should happen?

I am also asking are you ever going to do minor tweaks so aircraft works as it should? There is many weird things going on like lower ECAM seems like a mess (many pages are simplified, no status). ND misses lot of symbols. Overall I think none of "not yet implemented" features have been even as topic. Is this going to change now that X-Plane 11 has release and amount of compatibility fixes should not grow?

Zmile wrote:
rdrehmer wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

I had that problem but for me it got fixed in the v3.0r3 version... now it's accepting every value i input.

I noted this on r3 (the first one I tested, since I bought the a320 this week), but the problem still exists on r4.

Mr. Romanov, any hint on that?

Concerning my post 138, I don't know what JAR did, but the broken black lines are gone in the v3.0r4 update with the antialiasing back at FXAA.
Good news.

rdrehmer wrote:
Zmile wrote:
rdrehmer wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

I noted this on r3 (the first one I tested, since I bought the a320 this week), but the problem still exists on r4.

This problem is being around for ages.
JAR refuses to admit that this is a weird behavior.
It's either we doing something "wrong", or our flight plans are "incorrect".

dimkzr wrote:
rdrehmer wrote:
Zmile wrote:

This problem is being around for ages.
JAR refuses to admit that this is a weird behavior.
It's either we doing something "wrong", or our flight plans are "incorrect".

Well, it`s very unfortunate to know about that. I just had a quick chat with him on Skype 10 min ago and the conclusion was
“This feature exist at real airbus but work different, depend of MCDU software version.” (his words).

I`m not a real a320 pilot, so I don`t have parameters to disagree. But comparing to other FMCs, this indeed seems to be very strange.

On his place, I would rather deactivate this feature than letting it buggy like this.
The last time I tested, it automatically inserted a FL003 (300ft). Huuuum I don`t think I want to fly this low, thanks.