1

Topic: EGPH Edinburgh EGPK Glasgow Prestwick

EGPH Edinburgh and EGPK Glasgow Prestwick XL APTs.

Links to original scenery packages:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … edinburgh/
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-airport/

Modded scenery packages included.

Short runways on both airports are been disabled in XL config.txt file (but you can re-enable back; anyway specially in Prestwick no SID/STAR for the short one).

Please test them.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon EGPH Edinburgh.zip 4.77 mb, 224 downloads since 2016-08-13 

Attachment icon EGPK Prestwick.zip 27.92 mb, 165 downloads since 2016-08-13 

2

Re: EGPH Edinburgh EGPK Glasgow Prestwick

karterilla wrote:

EGPH Edinburgh and EGPK Glasgow Prestwick XL APTs.

Links to original scenery packages:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … edinburgh/
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … l-airport/

Modded scenery packages included.

Short runways on both airports are been disabled in XL config.txt file (but you can re-enable back; anyway specially in Prestwick no SID/STAR for the short one).

Please test them.

Karterilla,

I downloaded your EGPH dat and txt files to use with tdg's new EGPH airport: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … irport-uk/
When at EGPH and Xlife 2b3 was started X-Plane 10.51 would crash.  With JAR's help the problem was located and the changes I made prevented the crashing of X-Plane.  Below are the two problem lines in the EGPH txt file with the changes.

S,23,Business AviatioÌ@eüûøK@Z½ÃíÐÐÀUáU£-Â@\RîS‹Ë·@ ,148.000000,55.945190,-3.351961,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0
was changed to
S,23,Business Aviation,148.000000,55.945190,-3.351961,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0

                                                                          and

S,24,Business Aviatio Õ°ßùK@•‚n/iÌÀ{TÖ@"IÂ@ÚÛ¤hz·@ÿÿÿÿ,148.000000,55.945919,-3.349810,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0
was changed to
S,24,Business Aviation,148.000000,55.945919,-3.349810,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0

3

Re: EGPH Edinburgh EGPK Glasgow Prestwick

Hi all

I am using X-Life a lot, many of my flights are from EGPH.  I am using the TDG version.  The aircraft are using the shorter runway which isn't in use.  I put the xlf and text file in the X-life airports folder, but the aircraft still use the short runway.  I have no idea how to modify the routes or use these files so I would be happy if someone could explain what I am doing wrong!

Cheers

4

Re: EGPH Edinburgh EGPK Glasgow Prestwick

Ponk wrote:

Hi all

I am using X-Life a lot, many of my flights are from EGPH.  I am using the TDG version.  The aircraft are using the shorter runway which isn't in use.  I put the xlf and text file in the X-life airports folder, but the aircraft still use the short runway.  I have no idea how to modify the routes or use these files so I would be happy if someone could explain what I am doing wrong!

Cheers

Hi,
You just need to disable the runway in question, start the editor within X-Plane while at EGPH (from Plugins - X-Life - Tools - Airport Editor) select runways tab and deselect required runways, then click Save EGPH.xlf, you only need the xlf file in the X-Life airports folder.
Cheers

5

Re: EGPH Edinburgh EGPK Glasgow Prestwick

pwalchester wrote:
Ponk wrote:

Hi all

I am using X-Life a lot, many of my flights are from EGPH.  I am using the TDG version.  The aircraft are using the shorter runway which isn't in use.  I put the xlf and text file in the X-life airports folder, but the aircraft still use the short runway.  I have no idea how to modify the routes or use these files so I would be happy if someone could explain what I am doing wrong!

Cheers

Hi,
You just need to disable the runway in question, start the editor within X-Plane while at EGPH (from Plugins - X-Life - Tools - Airport Editor) select runways tab and deselect required runways, then click Save EGPH.xlf, you only need the xlf file in the X-Life airports folder.
Cheers

Hi

Tried it and works, thanks!  I should have had a look through the menu's a bit more.

Can you explain how to upload the new x-life files here for new taxi routes etc?  In the x-life/airports folder, some airports only have .dat and .txt files, which I guess you replace with files from here for the update, and other airports also have a .xlf file, and some only have a .xlf file!

Cheers

6

Re: EGPH Edinburgh EGPK Glasgow Prestwick

Hi Ponk,

If you're looking at uploading your own taxi route files just 'Post new topic' on this forum, 'Choose file' then 'Add File' before uploading. The .dat and .txt files are the old format which are redundant if an .xlf exists. Every time X-Life runs it scans airport folder and adds new approved files when they become available. For more info check my instructions at top of this forum.

Cheers