Topic: Map of X-Life/FMCar ready Airports

Would it be possible for the creator of this map to update this map https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe … tAA_7MfME4 perhaps every month as there have been many more airports become available for X-Life and FM Car since this version of the map?

If not no problem will take a screen shot and try to update it for myself, only wondering if it was possible/easy for someone.

PS Seeing as more of the major airports are becoming available like Madrid and Barcelona, can someone do Gatwick Airport please pretty please? big_smile

Sid.

Re: Map of X-Life/FMCar ready Airports

I agree it should be updated and you should verify the new airports available so we can use them with the ATC, it'd be appreciated.

I agree too. I have flown LEMD/LEBL several times and no issues.

Fourth this request! Also gives potential buyers an idea of the significant scope X-Life is attaining.

Good day,

The map is up dated on a regular basis by JAR.

Happy Flying,
Brian

Gatwick was done

7 (edited by Sid Star 2016-06-12 09:30:35)

captbullett wrote:

Good day,

The map is up dated on a regular basis by JAR.

Happy Flying,
Brian

I must be going to the wrong map then, this is what I see and it has been like this for almost 2 months. No Madrid, Barcelona Palma etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe … tAA_7MfME4

Regular basis?
I don't want to sound rude but what's regular basis to you?
Because it's not regular to me, most of the airports in this forum are not even there, 2 airports have been added in the last 2 weeks, we paid for Deluxe which is basically the ATC and most on the map are paywares we don't have or airports we don't fly to, hence the reason why we created routes to other major airports, we can't even test them properly because of your method, I know it's a WIP project but how can we have fun with it if our favorite airports can't have ATC?

I've recently bought Xlife deluxe had I have known at the time of purchase that it came with a few verified airports I would have left it well alone and spent my money elsewhere, whats the point of selling a product and then finding out you have to search for users/customer to update, shameful JarDesign

technoant wrote:

I've recently bought Xlife deluxe had I have known at the time of purchase that it came with a few verified airports I would have left it well alone and spent my money elsewhere, whats the point of selling a product and then finding out you have to search for users/customer to update, shameful JarDesign

Hi, Sorry you feel that way...I'd be perty pissed off too if that happened to me, but, JAR did post the coverage map on his site. Moreover, at the org store, it does say Added 80+ airports to compatible Map. From that info, you were told there are limited airports that are getting more and more populated. Also, did you know there's a video tutorial on this site so you can build your own airports? (for yourself and/or the community)
Maybe you wanted it complete 'out of the box', but JAR does say it's limited (but growing) coverage.

This is an excellent plugin, took lots of work and testing. And, in JAR's defense, having myself bought all his products and having talked privately to the man, I know for a fact, he would NEVER rip someone off.
Give it a thought.
ciao
DiLuig

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

11 (edited by captbullett 2016-06-23 23:47:56)

Good day,
Just so you know JAR was testing the X-Plane beta 10.50b1 pre-bata and public beta before it was released so, maybe he was not thinking about up-dating map at the time you needed it to be but most developers are not just developers but family men and ladies...

We all need to be happy that JAR gives use a good product and say thank-you.

Happy Flying,
Brian

Such a map makes sense only when:

* The <ICAO>.dat and <ICAO>.txt are really valid and error free
* It is clear, which scenery package has been used in which version

What I simply do is, collecting all I can find and I maintain my own Google Earth .kml map file which lists all airports and photo sceneries etc.

SYSTEM: X-Plane 11.00pb9, Win 10 (64bit), Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X, 32GB RAM, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV@3840x2160px, TrackIR5; PLUGINS/ TOOLS: FS Global Real Weather, SkyMaxxPro v4.1, Real Weather Connector, Gnd Handl. Deluxe, X-Camera, NDP Charts, Navigraph AIRAC; A/C: JARDesign: A320neo & A330