Re: X-Life ver 1.1 (r1, ++)

Sloboda wrote:

Hello,

in the menu Tools, Gate Editor work but the others crash XP.

Have an idea ?

Thanks

Have a log?

Sure, you need check what you install Bluebell AI packs correct, first.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

X-Life is a great step in adding that extra bit of activity and feeling of busyness at an airport to heighten the sense of immersion, waiting in line to take-off and watching incoming traffic is quite a treat, thank you for this wonderful program.

I have noticed that some airports have traffic from the Bluebell AI pack that doesn't typically belong at the airport, like Southwest Airlines at LSZH for instance.

Is there a mechanism built-into X-Life that allows for a selection of what airlines should be flying in and out of a particular airport, and what size of aircraft, regional or intercontinental?

PetraH wrote:

X-Life is a great step in adding that extra bit of activity and feeling of busyness at an airport to heighten the sense of immersion, waiting in line to take-off and watching incoming traffic is quite a treat, thank you for this wonderful program.

I have noticed that some airports have traffic from the Bluebell AI pack that doesn't typically belong at the airport, like Southwest Airlines at LSZH for instance.

Is there a mechanism built-into X-Life that allows for a selection of what airlines should be flying in and out of a particular airport, and what size of aircraft, regional or intercontinental?

Yes, this is freq-asked feature, i hope it will be released in future. No problem to add this option in code. Real problem - make a lists of airliners what using this or that airport.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Hello sir x-life designers, I love what you do, I humbly allows me to offer you my vision, it would be possible to power under different options flights as a modification altitude, another flight plan, especially if it concerns land on the airport brief have a real aircraft control tower dialogue either through option or changing the transponder in a concern to approach the possible to reality

J.A.Romanov wrote:
PetraH wrote:

Yes, this is freq-asked feature, i hope it will be released in future. No problem to add this option in code. Real problem - make a lists of airliners what using this or that airport.

It is possible to make as in worldTraffic2? - let the user decide what airlines will fly in that or other the airport.

Hello,

Thank you for your advices.

I have made a new test and it was OK.

The problem was with the version 1.1 (r1), now I use a new version (r2)... Maybe it's the solution...

Is it possible to indicate to the ATC a "Go-around" procedure ?

Thank you, X-Life is nice !

Goodbye,

Adrien

207 (edited by captbullett 2016-06-24 17:27:10)

Adrien KZO wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your advices.

I have made a new test and it was OK.

The problem was with the version 1.1 (r1), now I use a new version (r2)... Maybe it's the solution...

Is it possible to indicate to the ATC a "Go-around" procedure ?

Thank you, X-Life is nice !

Goodbye,

Adrien

good day,

we are @  1.1r3 ... see post 181 on page #9
thanks
brian

Dear Jar

I love X-Life!

I wonder if anyone has had the same problem as me but here it is : X-Life is working great (fantastic traffic all around busy airports, etc... and the ATC is pretty good, considering what there is NOT in X-Plane!) but after I have done one flight and ATC was good and talking to me with the well known feminine voice, etc, I finish my flight, click on OPEN AIRCRAFT to do another flight and LO! there is no more voice with ATC.  The written out ATC still works fine with the proper instructions but no more audio voice??? I have tried changing airports.  I flew only from X-Life certified airfields (LOWI, LSZH, EGLL, EHAM etc...) and I did generate a new filght plan in X-Life tools the second flight...  still no more voice, any aideas????  (X-Plane 10.45 W7/64).  I am using XL 1.1r2 but will install r3 soon (do you think that it is the problem??? cannot be???).

I am using the FF 767 (wonderful!)
But the samething happened today with Airfoillabs C172 (I wanted to try a different AC)...
By the way, in X-plane's sound settings, there is no ATC setting but only RADIO COMMUNICATIONS and it is on 100%, nothing changed there.

One thing that is odd, is that the frequencies dont seem right...
For example, in EGLL Heathrow, in X-life's ATC menu, if I click on ATIS it tunes automatically my radios to 123.1 but in X-plane, if one looks at the map and clicks on EGLL airport, the listed frequency for ATIS is 128.07 (and Jeppesen charts for EGLL list ATIS with 3 frequencies :   113.75, 115.1 and 128.07), so I dont hear ATIS...

When I click in X-life's ATC on DELIVERY, it dials automatically 121.9 in my 767 radios but in X-Plane, Delivery is 121.97 (where 121.9 is Ground just like in Jeppesen...) BUT.... I hear the madam's voice ??? until I start another flight and then I dont hear her anymore (snif...).

odd no?

Just downloaded the last version
I don't see the menu on the side of the screen
The aircrafts are moving but without the green mention
How to make it visible ?
And why the file "airports" is empty ?

Hello to all, I wanted to know if in future versions of X-Life, it is possible listen to ATC with the AI traffic transmissions

Thanks a lot

I don't get any readback voices when using ATC. I'm using the DDen Challenger 300

TIA

On flight from KPDX to CYVR I was cleared for landing on runway 13.

XL: 4407 : ---+++--- ATC: N982AR, contact VANCOUVER INTL Approach 123.625
XL: 4423 : ---+++--- Pilot: Contact VANCOUVER INTL Approach 123.625, N982AR
XL: 4427 : ---+++--- Pilot: VANCOUVER INTL Approach ,N982AR, FL79, descending to FL50, information Alpha on board
XL: 4427 : ---+++--- ATC: N982AR, Identified, expect BOOTH1 arrival, ILS approach Runway 13, descend to FL 49

According to the air charts I reviewed this should be Runway 12.

I also noticed a plugin error.

XL: 3995 : JARDesign plugin error: Transferred a partial file

I recall checking ATIS again for arrival weather at CYVR.  The CYVR information showed up, but the KPDX information was incomplete.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 182.52 kb, 231 downloads since 2016-06-25 

I flew X-Plane 10.50b4 today.  I used their ATC just to see what changed.  Upon arrival to the airport area the ATC does provide vectors to the assigned runway.  Is there a way for X-life to extract this information from the X-Plane ATC and provide this vectoring to the destination airport's runway?

gerard.sciberras wrote:

Just downloaded the last version
I don't see the menu on the side of the screen
The aircrafts are moving but without the green mention
How to make it visible ?
And why the file "airports" is empty ?

Good day,
You have to start it in the dropdown menu /*plugins/X-Life/deluxe/// 

Happy flying,
Brian

Hello,

Thank you for your advice captbullet.

I had a problem, X-Plane crashed and X-Life seems to be responsible...

This is the Log.txt file's end :

"2:24:01.574 I/SCN: DSF load time: 519835 for file Custom Scenery/w2xp_Europe_osm/Earth nav data/+40+000/+41+000.dsf (0 tris)
2:24:01.663 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'test/AGtrees_test.for', referenced from file 'Resources/default scenery/airport scenery/Modern_Airports/Control_Towers/'.
2:24:01.754 I/SCN: DSF load time: 261377 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+40+000/+41+002.dsf (0 tris)
2:24:08.502 I/SCN: DSF load time: 6918169 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+40+000/+41+000.dsf (182098 tris)
2:24:19.162 I/SCN: DSF load time: 17372107 for file Custom Scenery/w2xp_Europe_osm/Earth nav data/+40+000/+41+002.dsf (0 tris)
2:24:20.562 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1395809 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+40+000/+41+002.dsf (117086 tris)
XL: 7562 : X-Life plugin ver.1.1r3 210616 detect crash.
XL: 7562 : Memory dump saved to x-life.dmp file
XL: 7562 : Please send this log.txt file and x-life.dmp file (from X-Plane folder) to support@jardesign.org !"

I put the Log.txt file and the X-Life.dmp file with this message.

Thank you for your help.

Goodbye,

Adrien

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 87.31 kb, 254 downloads since 2016-06-26 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 159.84 kb, 248 downloads since 2016-06-26 

Watauga wrote:

On flight from KPDX to CYVR I was cleared for landing on runway 13.

XL: 4407 : ---+++--- ATC: N982AR, contact VANCOUVER INTL Approach 123.625
XL: 4423 : ---+++--- Pilot: Contact VANCOUVER INTL Approach 123.625, N982AR
XL: 4427 : ---+++--- Pilot: VANCOUVER INTL Approach ,N982AR, FL79, descending to FL50, information Alpha on board
XL: 4427 : ---+++--- ATC: N982AR, Identified, expect BOOTH1 arrival, ILS approach Runway 13, descend to FL 49

According to the air charts I reviewed this should be Runway 12.

I also noticed a plugin error.

XL: 3995 : JARDesign plugin error: Transferred a partial file

I recall checking ATIS again for arrival weather at CYVR.  The CYVR information showed up, but the KPDX information was incomplete.

Follow up to runway numbers being incorrect.  Apparently the runway numbers come from X-Plane's navdata.  This is located in the resources/GNS 430/navdata/airports file.  I went to this file and changed CYVR rwy 13 to 12 and rwy 31 to 30.  I sent a bug report to X-Plane.

217 (edited by Joss 2016-06-28 20:10:10)

Why FPS decrease after traffic loading (1.1r3, 11.45 Steam)?

After X-Plane start (KPHX default scenary)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9boq513lf11rv1dm51g4r1ebl3.png

After two click on X-Life turn-on (second click because NOAA weather)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9c7121qc11ne5pgtj3u17ac5.png

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amca4amq1stc1jjj3cgtevke43.png

There are nothing to draw
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9deunabp1qt11q8645phkc8.png

Joss wrote:

Why FPS decrease after traffic loading (1.1r3, 11.45 Steam)?

After X-Plane start (KPHX default scenary)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9boq513lf11rv1dm51g4r1ebl3.png

After two click on X-Life turn-on (second click because NOAA weather)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9c7121qc11ne5pgtj3u17ac5.png

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amca4amq1stc1jjj3cgtevke43.png

There are nothing to draw
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2830/t/p1amc9deunabp1qt11q8645phkc8.png

Good day,

what aircraft are you using is my first question and then clicks as you most likely need to set-up NOAA weather so it is not hitting you FPS and this is most likely your issue and not XL as I have spent time trying different setting to find the sweet spot for NOAA.
The sweet spot is going to be different on each computer and so I would start by re-setting the NOAA plugin and go from there taking notes on the settings you make.

also a txt.log would be helpful always...

Oh, and which version of SMP-3 are you using ...

Happy flying,
Brian

Brian,
thanks for the reply.

The aircraft is Airfoil 172 SP v. 1.61 (great plane, try if you didn't yet).
SMP 3.1.2

An hour ago I've returned to X-Life release (reinstalled whole folder) and FPS issue was gone. 
So I'll try to install 1.1r3 again, check it and report with log.

220 (edited by captbullett 2016-06-28 22:57:03)

Joss wrote:

Brian,
thanks for the reply.

The aircraft is Airfoil 172 SP v. 1.61 (great plane, try if you didn't yet).
SMP 3.1.2

An hour ago I've returned to X-Life release (reinstalled whole folder) and FPS issue was gone. 
So I'll try to install 1.1r3 again, check it and report with log.

Good day,
Hi, we are on Version 1.1r4 on XL post #181 has the up-date...

captbullett wrote:

Good day,

I've installed it (whole latest beta folder), replaced win.xpl from #181 and as result I got FPS drops from 47 to 20 at KPHX.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 79.58 kb, 280 downloads since 2016-06-28 

222 (edited by captbullett 2016-06-28 23:33:09)

Joss wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,

I've installed it (whole latest beta folder), replaced win.xpl from #181 and as result I got FPS drops from 47 to 20 at KPHX.

Good day,
I am seeing this on the log txt so it did not up-date right.
X-Life plugin by JARDesign Ver.1.1r3

X-Life plugin by JARDesign Ver.1.1r3 210616
XL: 0 :

Thank-you,

Brian

captbullett wrote:

I'm sorry, are you sure about r4? Romanov wrote "Just upload new distributive 1.1r3" in #184.
Excuse me if I wrong, my English isn't so good and probably I something translated poorly.

Thank you for help!

224 (edited by captbullett 2016-06-29 03:16:26)

Joss wrote:
captbullett wrote:

I'm sorry, are you sure about r4? Romanov wrote "Just upload new distributive 1.1r3" in #184.
Excuse me if I wrong, my English isn't so good and probably I something translated poorly.

Thank you for help!

yes your right R3... it was  getting late My bad and I was pointing to the post you are pointing to also...#181..or 4... There is nothing wrong with your English.

thank-you,
Brian

Ok now we have this straight the;

Current target visibility is 42958.449219

The line of type came out of the log so your NOAA weather is generating clouds up to  42.900 thousand feet more or less. and the first number is the range around the aircraft that the clouds will display , 449219 graphic bytes... (this is a guess on my part)
This is what is causing the FPS hit you are going to need to adjust the SMP-3 plugin until you can get your FPS into a range you like.

So, you might go to the .org and look for the SMP-3 forum for help on this issue if you still want more help as I have not been a tester on it so I do not know the details of the plugin as well as others.

Thank-you so much,
Brian

I am a new flight sim/Xplane user, so I do not have it all figured out yet.  Just got X-Life Deluxe yesterday and love it so far.
Having said that….  I got really confused by the ATC once I requested TOD.
Attached is a screen shot of the ATC commend that I did not know what to do with.

As I understand it, I was told by ATC to descend to 4400 feet (rest of the message I figured out).

The problem is (as I understood it), I was landing a KJAC (Jackson Hole, Wyoming, an X-Life official airport I downloaded form X-Life Airport map).
The elevation of the airport is 6451 feet MSL.  So needless to say, I did not descent to 4400 feet as told.  As a result, all further ATC coms including ground taxi and gate info were unobtainable.

I read the disclaimers about the fact that X-Life is a new product and does NOT yet have all the info including local maps for TOD.  I understand that and except it.  But KJAC is an official airport for X-Life.  I would think that the AI ATC would know the airports elevation and not order me to go below it.

So I’m second guessing myself.  Is this a bug in X-Life or did I miss read/interpret that ATC commend to descend to 4400 feet?  If I’m wrong and at fault, how should I have read that command?

If it is a bug, what can I do to "override" this command but at the same time keep coms with AI ATC for landing and more importantly ground taxi instructions?

Any thoughts?
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2838/t/p1amdsdkde16566ip8mr1cfd1goo3.png