Re: X-Life ver 1.1 (r1, ++)

While flying from KSAN to KPHX I notice there are FL discrepancies on arrival.  Using X-Life 1.2b1.  After being cleared to FL 50 the pilot's response  is "Descending to FL190",...

XL: 3639 : ---+++--- ATC: N982AR, Descend at Pilot's Discretion to FL 60, expect BLH4 arrival, Runway 07L in use
XL: 3663 : ---+++--- Pilot: Pilot's Discretion Descending to FL60, expect BLH4 arrival, Runway 07L, N982AR

XL: 3970 : ---+++--- ATC: N982AR, contact PHOENIX SKY HARBOR I Approach 123.625
XL: 4030 : ---+++--- Pilot: Contact PHOENIX SKY HARBOR I Approach 123.625, N982AR
XL: 4035 : ---+++--- Pilot: PHOENIX SKY HARBOR I Approach ,N982AR, FL63, descending to FL60, information Romeo on board
XL: 4035 : ---+++--- ATC: N982AR, Identified, expect BLH4 arrival, ILS approach Runway 07L, descend to FL 50
XL: 4048 : ---+++--- Pilot: Descending to FL190, expect BLH4 arrival, ILS approach Runway 07L, N982AR
XL: 4048 : ---+++--- ATC: N982AR, Descend to 4000 feet, QNH 1014, transition level FL 180
XL: 4073 : ---+++--- Pilot: Descending to 4000 feet, QNH 1014, transition level FL180, N982AR

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 179.32 kb, 228 downloads since 2016-06-12 

captbullett wrote:
Boogie72 wrote:

Здравствуйте. Я скачал то что обведено, и установил согласно вашему скриншоту. Не работает. X-Plane закрывается.

Good day,

So, I understand you "Hello. I downloaded something that circled , and installed in accordance to your screenshot . Does not work. X-Plane is closed ."

So, the file (BlueBell) get placed into the //*Custom Data Folder/ then the following folders go into the Bluebell file;

Pack; A,B,G,H,J,P, and Custom ///

That is all if you do it right you will see a read out on the log.txt if you look it will be towards the bottom of the txt.

Happy Flying,
Brian

Привет, Вот мои установки. X-Life не работает. X-Plane закрывается. У вас я вижу Pack; H ??? По вашим ссылкам его нет.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Безымянный 1.png 43.15 kb, 132 downloads since 2016-06-13 

Attachment icon Безымянный.png 49.85 kb, 132 downloads since 2016-06-13 

rao579 wrote:

Does this X-Life work in networked Server and Client computers based arrangement ?

no, sorry

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Boogie72 wrote:

Здравствуйте. Я скачал то что обведено, и установил согласно вашему скриншоту. Не работает. X-Plane закрывается.

Судя по логу

XL: 0 : !!! Error: Cant read file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 10\Custom Data/GNS430/navdata/airports.txt
XL: 0 : !!! Error: Cant read Ats file

не установлены (или неправильно установлены) файлы NavData

mruane wrote:

DEP and ARR Runway change.

According to the release comments in the first post, this version now supports changes to the arrival or departure runway (presumable on request). It is not transparent how to achieve this. As I worked though the departure for my last flight, there was no option presented on the ATC screen to request a different departure runway. How do you request a change to the assigned runway?

Please download more fresh version (1.1r2) from x-life.jardesign.org

ballaround wrote:

Hi,
Why when i request clearance the ATC dont gives me the SID?
He just say me "via departure".

Thank you.

Sometimes (like this) X-Life cant determinate SID.

SirOTheOne wrote:

Hi Eugeny,

my selfmade LIMJ does not work with 1.2b1, why? >>> not verified, blalbla - please, turn on trafic before (but it´s already ON)

with "older" beta versions it works perfect.

please, give me hint, what is wrong!

thanks, Mike

please contact me direct to check this

J.A.Romanov wrote:
mruane wrote:

DEP and ARR Runway change.

According to the release comments in the first post, this version now supports changes to the arrival or departure runway (presumable on request). It is not transparent how to achieve this. As I worked though the departure for my last flight, there was no option presented on the ATC screen to request a different departure runway. How do you request a change to the assigned runway?

Please download more fresh version (1.1r2) from x-life.jardesign.org

Good day,
this is a screen shot of the arrival runway list at KORD and the widget showing the list of different runways you can choose from to land ...
Happy Flying,
Brian

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 9.58.09 PM.png 275.92 kb, 179 downloads since 2016-06-13 

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Boogie72 wrote:

Судя по логу

XL: 0 : !!! Error: Cant read file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 10\Custom Data/GNS430/navdata/airports.txt
XL: 0 : !!! Error: Cant read Ats file

не установлены (или неправильно установлены) файлы NavData

Большое спасибо. Исправил файлы  NavData. Всё работает.
Удачи. С уважением. Игорь.

160 (edited by mruane 2016-06-14 11:30:54)

Thanks Brian and also for your screenshot. Attached is my screen after contacting Centre for my descent. As you can see I have been given Runway 05 for landing even though the wind was 290 deg in the ATIS and there was a runway 23 that would have suited better. Notice that there is no alternative runways for me to select. I was landing at NZAA which has one runway 23L/05R (note I disabled the 23R/05L as its not actually a runway even though the scenery I use thinks it is).

Note I am using v1.1r2 as suggested by JAR.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1255/t/p1al7a3stmqhvbfk1jua1l8d1sp83.jpg

PS: What we need in X-Life (among other things) is the ability to identify whether gates are International or Domestic! All airports seperate International arrivals from Domestic because of the very different handling requirements and many airports use seperate terminals for these functions. We would also need to specify the flight was International or Domestic on the flight plan screen. What are your thoughts?

Best Regards

Cheers Mike
iMac 27" Mid 2011, MacOS Sierra v10.12.1, i5 Intel 3.1Ghz, 16GB RAM, AMD HD 6970M 1024MB - Logitech Extreme Pro, X-Plane 10.51

mruane wrote:

Thanks Brian and also for your screenshot. Attached is my screen after contacting Centre for my descent. As you can see I have been given Runway 05 for landing even though the wind was 290 deg in the ATIS and there was a runway 23 that would have suited better. Notice that there is no alternative runways for me to select. I was landing at NZAA which has one runway 23L/05R (note I disabled the 23R/05L as its not actually a runway even though the scenery I use thinks it is).

Note I am using v1.1r2 as suggested by JAR.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1255/t/p1al7a3stmqhvbfk1jua1l8d1sp83.jpg

PS: What we need in X-Life (among other things) is the ability to identify whether gates are International or Domestic! All airports seperate International arrivals from Domestic because of the very different handling requirements and many airports use seperate terminals for these functions. We would also need to specify the flight was International or Domestic on the flight plan screen. What are your thoughts?

Best Regards

Good day,

On the last question I think you are right but JAR has the say on any changes as it is his plugin i am just a Beta tester that tries to help but sometimes I seem to piss some people off so I am glad you find my posts helpful and not ""Gib night überall deinen Senf dazu !!!, noch dazu wenn es falsch ist"" ...As some one else thought there was a need to post.
But I will try to help when I can and no I am not always right but I do try to help.

Happy Flying,
Brian

162 (edited by captbullett 2016-06-15 12:12:02)

Good day,

I just ran a flight from KPDX/KORD using the RWDesign Twin Otter V1.2 Protected .

Now I had to make two fuel stops but with the route,
I flew there were two airports on the route that were just right for the pit-stops.

Second, using the GNS 530 is not hard you just have to remember to set-up the vectors for your approach and click the INT button when it is time usually after you call ATC and report TOD then when you hit the mark where you are needing to decent and are in 50-30nm of the airport ...

Route:

KPHX SID ABQ J18 SLN J96 IRK STAR KORD

Now if someone sees an error in the procedure here please speak up so I can correct it Thank-you.

Happy Flying,
Brian

Hello! Today i fly from EDDH to EDDM, on the Airports i can see traffic, on route there was no planes to see. Tcars i see no airplane all time. I fly with A321 from Peter Hager, is there a problem for the Application? Greetings - Klaus

CTD at EPWA

iMac 27” (late 2015), Core i7, OSX 10.11.4, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X, 4096 MB VRAM
Saitek X52,  Radio, Switch and Multi Panel, TM Cougar, XP 10.45, latest JAR A220neo, XL 1.1b2, SMP3, RWC, FWL, PythonInterface, NOAA weather, Xchecklist

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 627 b, 227 downloads since 2016-06-14 

Attachment icon Log.txt 81.94 kb, 243 downloads since 2016-06-14 

Attachment icon OSXCRASH.txt 77 kb, 221 downloads since 2016-06-14 

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

165 (edited by laohu314 2016-06-15 13:11:23)

CTD enroute EPWA-UMMS

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 110.04 kb, 240 downloads since 2016-06-15 

Attachment icon OSXCRASH.txt 76.27 kb, 216 downloads since 2016-06-15 

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

After some contemplation I have decided that, while I will still post crashes to help JAR improve the X-Life plug-in, I will no longer post my work on airports etc.
I spend too much time getting it right and instead of a small "thanks, man" or asking a question when something is off, some lunatic troll who has never contributed a single piece of work outright accuses me of messing up scenery with a XXX.dat file. Everyone with some competence knows that is not possible  if the file is properly placed into the X-Life and/or FMcar airports folder.
Even though my contributions were small, there won't be anymore.
Cheerio!

I agree to you

I've made about 10-15 airport xxxx.dat and xxxx.txt files. It's a lot of work and many hours of modelling and testing, but most only "thanks" or no feedback.

To the troll:
I agree also to you. Never made or published any airport and then gives support to nearly everyone, mostly with no correct answers.

This forum seems to force to an ONLY support-forum, without any technical or x-life specific correct beta tests.

Most of the new users only uses plugin and fly without any technical background and then: "x-life does not work, please help?"

I am in the forum since beta 0.4. at the beginning it was great, but now???

I will decide to leave the forum, too.

It seems to be useless to work on a project without any feedback.

laohu314 wrote:

After some contemplation I have decided that, while I will still post crashes to help JAR improve the X-Life plug-in, I will no longer post my work on airports etc.
I spend too much time getting it right and instead of a small "thanks, man" or asking a question when something is off, some lunatic troll who has never contributed a single piece of work outright accuses me of messing up scenery with a XXX.dat file. Everyone with some competence knows that is not possible  if the file is properly placed into the X-Life and/or FMcar airports folder.
Cheerio!

iMac i7 4GHz (late 2015) 27" 24 GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB
XPlane 11.34, FM, X-Life, GroundHandling, about 50 payware aircrafts

laohu314 wrote:

Cheerio!

I think that JAR owes us a clear answer if he is still interested to lead us himself as voluntary beta tester that provide factual contributions and serious discussions about the development of X-Life.  The "lunatic troll" of which you speak has chosen himself as chief commentator and has achieved not only to go on the nerves but also to drive away some other beta tester.

It is also true that if not a little "thanks, man" so we at least expect a direct treatment of JAR and not from the self chosen "caretaker". Personally I have decided to restrict my posts and simply ignore the concierge. I am only sorry that because of amount of nonsense important content is going lost.

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

I agree, thats the point

ilankrt wrote:
laohu314 wrote:

Cheerio!

I think that JAR owes us a clear answer if he is still interested to lead us himself as voluntary beta tester that provide factual contributions and serious discussions about the development of X-Life.  The "lunatic troll" of which you speak has chosen himself as chief commentator and has achieved not only to go on the nerves but also to drive away some other beta tester.

It is also true that if not a little "thanks, man" so we at least expect a direct treatment of JAR and not from the self chosen "caretaker". Personally I have decided to restrict my posts and simply ignore the concierge. I am only sorry that because of amount of nonsense important content is going lost.

iMac i7 4GHz (late 2015) 27" 24 GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB

We should create a new topic: ONLY for REAL beta testers and WITHOUT "lunatic troll"

;-)

ilankrt wrote:
laohu314 wrote:

Cheerio!

SirOTheOne wrote:

We should create a new topic: ONLY for REAL beta testers and WITHOUT "lunatic troll"

;-)

Just want to underwrite your opinion. I changed to a reader in this forum, and sometimes testing the new versions. But getting disappointed more and more. It's a lot of cosmetic an this moment, what's nice, don't want to be misunderstood. But under the hood, there's no step forward.
I can understand that this is really a hard work to code. But at the beginning, there were a lot of enthusiastic people, who wanted to help. But more and more there were two people here, who become the followers, and the spokesman. A lot help was negotiated.

So for now, I quitted really testing, gone more "playing around". Now it will become a race between 10.5ff, 124thATC and X-Life. Let's see, what's developed by three people. I'm interested.

Cheers
Thomas

laohu314 wrote:

Cheerio!

That's really a pity nowadays - a lot of times my colleagues are looking curios, when I'm saying "Thanks for this day", "Thanks for this flight". For me, nothing is self-evident. A thank belongs to handling.

Just my 2 Rappen. So, thanks lahou, for your work!

Cheers
Thomas

Thanks Thommi, Sir and ilankrt! You got it. I do like the software and I am very grateful to JAR for teaching me how to make airports work with X-Life. So I will still give my feedback on crashes.
What we could do is form a PM group and share stuff via PM. I made EPWA with non-static for the tdg scenery version. If you guys are interested I'm happy to share with you. I want to also include vatech as he is making a lot of airports for X-Life and does a fantastic job. Even if he doesn't like what we make he might still be able to use our work as a starting point to save him some time. That way, he might be able to do more airports in the same timeframe.

Thank you all for your contributions, I highly appreciate your work!

174 (edited by pic 2016-06-17 15:02:49)

Howdy all..anyone download xplane 10.50 beta yet? I did and xlife does not show up, despite being in the plugin folder! Some probs with fly with lua too...besides that, 10:50 working pretty good so far...still testing various planes, one by one wink
EDIT:
Fixed...When I updated my beta, I copied the xlife from my master copy, and bingo..it be back!

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

175 (edited by captbullett 2016-06-17 17:13:15)

pic wrote:

Howdy all..anyone download xplane 10.50 beta yet? I did and xlife does not show up, despite being in the plugin folder! Some probs with fly with lua too...besides that, 10:50 working pretty good so far...still testing various planes, one by one wink
EDIT:
Fixed...When I updated my beta, I copied the xlife from my master copy, and bingo..it be back!

Good day,
Yes, i have and its going good on the testing so far a little slow right now as having to put files into place and add thing slowly and check to see if they still work so far every is ok

Oh, I started with a second (Beta) copy so It was not an issue if it was buggy...  until I put everything into place.   

Happy Flying,
Brian